facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 2, 2012, 01:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Very well played Anamul...keep going.
Old December 2, 2012, 01:39 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFan
Wonder if he's also a Ana-mul in bed. Lol
Um, aight. Why would YOU wonder about that?
Old December 2, 2012, 01:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafayeen
That was absolutely brilliant! the shot making, concentration and how he moved between gears was amazing. The little misshap during the 90s is understandable, just his second match after all. He still made up for it though! Finished with a 83ish strike that. Thats really good in my books
good to see you back after a long time shafayeen
Old December 2, 2012, 01:40 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Um, aight. Why would YOU wonder about that?
Lol no homo, my friend randomly came up with that joke
Old December 2, 2012, 01:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

even Sachin becomes selfish ..... ..... so what ......

if anam tried to blast and got out when he was 80 then perhaps BD would have collapsed and got less than what they got.

anyway i enjoyed the innings of anamaul
Old December 2, 2012, 01:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I had very high expectations of Bijoy. He has exceeded them so far MashAllah.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 2, 2012, 01:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Yes I was also frustrated when he was slowed down in his 90s.

But at the end, I was indeed a great innings, century in 2nd match? How often that happens?

Think about the possibilities .. Tamim can continue to play his aggressive game with Anamul in other hand. So far Mominul looked more matured than I thought. Suddenly we found two missing blocks in our top order. Sakib can replace Naeem. And our team looks like set.
Old December 2, 2012, 01:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Great job Anamul. After 21/2 he hold the innings with Mushy. In this situation we used to see 100/5 very often.
Old December 2, 2012, 01:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
I don't see why people are whining about him slowing down - him slowing down was fine, a mini collapse and they might have still ended up at 250 odd. He made up for it too, so fair enough. I like how he cared of getting to that 3 figures, that's why I'm hopeful of him making it big in tests (unlike Crapshraful).
My thoughts. And I see good promise in him since he CARES about converting - and can switch gears will. You need a geniune player like him who has that ability at the top order. Looking forward to seeing him in whites now
Old December 2, 2012, 01:56 AM
Test Cricketer

very early to say, but I find a lot of similarities of Hashim Amla in Anamul. Pretty similar playing style imo.
Old December 2, 2012, 01:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Most of the experienced batsmen slow down in 90s because of nervousness. I see nothing wrong in what he did. He is only 20 and this is only his 2nd International game.

These comments in the match thread made me . Worst place in the BC forum is a match thread. People lose their mind so easily.
Old December 2, 2012, 02:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Great innings by Anamul, I was nervous for him when he was in the 90s and quite irritated when he was struggling to even get the singles. He was extremely nervous, he probably never even thought he'd be so close to making a century at the start of his innings.

But calling him selfish? That is way too harsh on him, the guy is only 19 playing in his 2nd ODI and already in his 90s. Someone with more experience would know how to better tackle such a situation, this kid is new so give him a break. Being new to the international arena he would obviously be having butterflies in his stomach, and by the looks of it Anamul seemed to be a player that has been really nervous these past 2 ODIs for the most part, so the nervous 90s were worse for him. If he played a rash shot and got dismissed people would have been calling him names for not getting his 100.

So congrats Anamul, I expect more from you in the future.
Old December 2, 2012, 02:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Shamim should be banned from commentating even in parar cricket.

Kept calling Anamul 'Amanul' over and over again. What a stupid guy!!
Old December 2, 2012, 02:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Well played Bijoy!
Old December 2, 2012, 02:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Most of the experienced batsmen slow down in 90s because of nervousness. I see nothing wrong in what he did. He is only 20 and this is only his 2nd International game.

These comments in the match thread made me . Worst place in the BC forum is a match thread. People lose their mind so easily.
Coz match thread goes by the emotion of the moment.....team score wasn't looking good 225 on the board and he was playing dots and maiden in 44th over....so that's understandable... But I'm sure people appreciate what he did...unlike TI or Shakib on 90s....

He covered up later on...very well played innings...
Old December 2, 2012, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Yes I was also frustrated when he was slowed down in his 90s.
He didn't slow down in his nineties, he started BEFORE that, somewhere around his 70s/80s, when his SR dropped below the 80's. Look, I know that treating adults like kids is characteristic of Bangladeshi culture, but let's put things in perspective. No need to get carried away by personal milestones and no need to get carried away with the criticisms either.

The fact is, Anamul went from scoring at an 85+ SR at one point to looking pathetic, tentative and completely incapable of nudging it around for singles. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks is "enough" to win the game - you go out there to bat trying to get as many as you can within the 50 overs. So yes, when we needed him to hit, he bogged down trying to get to his century first, wasting a good number of deliveries in the process. It got to a point where I was going to give him the benefit of doubt, assuming he was incapable of improvisation and needed more time to get there. But the way he went off right after his hundred shows that he was playing for his century and thereby himself, which made the century celebrations look pretty pathetic, IMO.

I'm not devaluing the impact of his inning. Let's take a look at the facts. The fact is that although he has limitations, he has thus far played within them to quickly adjust to international cricket. Yes, he is new and inexperienced and can improve his game with time, at least I believe so after having watched him in these two ODIs. He remained calm in the face of crisis early on in the inning and got us out of trouble. There is no questioning any of that.

But it's the attitude on display from the time he was on his 70's/80's to the time he got to his hundred that I have a problem with and think it needs to be nipped in the bud. I think this is fair criticism. You don't want someone taking 135 deliveries to get to a hundred on a flat deck in this age, especially when the team needs to accelerate. I don't know about others, but I for one wasn't expecting him to take risks or manufacture runs out of extravagant shots. Ones and twos would have been fine. But to go from 47* off 57 or so to 99* off 135 is inexcusable. The ODI game has evolved and with it, the role of the anchor. An anchor doesn't just get bogged down throughout the inning anymore. You're expected to keep scoring at a healthy SR.

What others do or don't do isn't really of concern here. If Tamim can't get 100s, go bash him in his thread. If Mushfiq gets out on 75 and you have a problem with that, by all means, go yell at him in his thread. Why must we have one extreme or the other? Why must we have either someone who goes into a shell to score a hundred or someone who doesn't get there at all? Why can't we for once have someone who'll do it at a healthy SR so we can get to, say, 320+, or as much as we can get?

Again, I think it's very fair to criticize somebody playing for himself, regardless of the outcome. Tendulkar did that against us earlier this year and had to pay for it. I do have issues with people going after personal milestones and putting them above the team, then celebrating like it's the greatest achievement in the world. If someone else doesn't have a problem with that attitude, then all power to them.

80-100. That's where my problem is with his inning. Otherwise, like I said before, he did a great job of playing within his limitations and pulling us out of misery. I do believe that with time he'll shed the attitude issue (he must if he's going to compete with guys like Faf, for who the team comes before the individual, even on debut). Someone needs to drill it into him, though, if he doesn't get it on his own. It doesn't matter that this is his debut series and it doesn't matter that he's 20. No one should give a s**t, because it's the nation's interest that comes first. We need to start beating better teams more regularly and while his selfishness to get to his hundred might not have hurt us much today (we won't know until the game is over), we will need to build a culture of putting the team first and instill it in newcomers and oldies alike to be able to reach the top, which should be the ultimate goal.
Old December 2, 2012, 02:30 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I always get called out for being too critical and too harsh, but I'm willing to push this aside considering it was his first international 100 only in his 2nd game. I can understand why he was selfish. If he does this in his 2nd or 3rd, I'd start to question his team-playing skills.
Old December 2, 2012, 02:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

Again, I think it's very fair to criticize somebody playing for himself, regardless of the outcome. Tendulkar did that against us earlier this year and had to pay for it. I do have issues with people going after personal milestones and putting them above the team, then celebrating like it's the greatest achievement in the world. If someone else doesn't have a problem with that attitude, then all power to them.
I am not going to argue about the fairness of criticism, as everything is fair game. However keep in mind, Sakib at the beginning of this career was also accused of playing slowly and padding his stat instead of playing for the team's need. With experience, players can play more confidently and more according to team's need. So even I can understand some fan's criticism. if you ask me, I think. over time and more success, Anamul will be able to pace his innings better according to team's need. Its too early to be too harsh on him.
Old December 2, 2012, 03:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Here you go. sorry it's way too tough to record and watch the match at the same time thus the commentary got messed up in the middle and at the end. sorry about the.

http://youtu.be/K8Z5QdAuTLQ

@4.05, they are Anamul's parent's. What a gift for Them from Anamul
Old December 2, 2012, 03:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Here you go. sorry it's way too tough to record and watch the match at the same time thus the commentary got messed up in the middle and at the end. sorry about the.

http://youtu.be/K8Z5QdAuTLQ

@4.05, they are Anamul's parent's. What a gift for Them from Anamul
Thanks. Great upload. Can you do Mushy's innings as well? I missed it.
Old December 2, 2012, 03:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Pollard, Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
good to see you back after a long time shafayeen
Thank u rifat bhai
Old December 2, 2012, 05:57 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Old December 2, 2012, 06:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Highlights from Anam's 120
Old December 2, 2012, 06:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Thanks guys for the highlights much appreciated.
Old December 2, 2012, 06:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

^^^ Thanks shakibrulz. Shared in BC's FB and Twitter