facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 2, 2012, 05:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

it was a really good innings, scored a century at 80+ strike rate and wasn't to far off batting through the entire innings. buckled down when needed to prevent the collapse that so often happens with BD when they bat. some people are way to critical, they also forget that if anamul wasn't opening it would have been imrul or SN or nazimuddin or junaid, do you really think they would have scored a ton like this?

the other thing that is impressive is anamul's ability to change gears. unlike other BD players who struggle with this and say it's not my natural game etc, anamul has no problem grinding and holding an end when needed or smacking the ball when needed.

notice he started the innings with a strike rate in the 20s or 30s and it ended above 80 and it went up and down depending on the situation. now for a 19 year old to come in and do that socring a ton in his 2nd ODI not forgetting he hasn't even scored a list A ton is quite remarkable. he certainly seems a lot more mature and a lot more knowledgeable and smart about his cricket than most other BD cricketers.
Old December 2, 2012, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
it was a really good innings, scored a century at 80+ strike rate and wasn't to far off batting through the entire innings. buckled down when needed to prevent the collapse that so often happens with BD when they bat. some people are way to critical, they also forget that if anamul wasn't opening it would have been imrul or SN or nazimuddin or junaid, do you really think they would have scored a ton like this?

the other thing that is impressive is anamul's ability to change gears. unlike other BD players who struggle with this and say it's not my natural game etc, anamul has no problem grinding and holding an end when needed or smacking the ball when needed.

notice he started the innings with a strike rate in the 20s or 30s and it ended above 80 and it went up and down depending on the situation. now for a 19 year old to come in and do that socring a ton in his 2nd ODI not forgetting he hasn't even scored a list A ton is quite remarkable. he certainly seems a lot more mature and a lot more knowledgeable and smart about his cricket than most other BD cricketers.
Agreed
Old December 2, 2012, 08:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Given the expectations and hype surrounding him, I think this is the best ODI century ever by a Bangladeshi new comer. The way he paced his innings, with such versatility and composure, was a sight to behold. Despite what critics may say, I felt this was a 260-270 run pitch, and the way he constructed his innings, he kept the team in the hunt for that target all along.

Even if we had lost the match, it would've been unfair to claim that the batsmen had left something on the table. Rather it would've been due to the bowlers not doing their job properly. We shouldn't put extra burden on the batsmen's shoulders like Indians do simply because the bowlers aren't good enough. We're not there yet although i'd like to believe some day we'll get there.

Going back to Anamul, I'm curious if anyone has ever carried the bat through the innings in an ODI as this kid almost did. Another thing I really liked - he seemed not only mentally prepared, but also physically fit. He did not look tired at all even towards the end of the innings whereas most of our batsmen start tiring out once they're in their 70s. He still needs to improve his footwork. Once that's sorted out he'll be ready for a hall of fame career in front of him.
Old December 2, 2012, 08:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Anamul was the MOM. So all these discussion about his selfishness should end here.
Old December 2, 2012, 08:31 PM
Cricket Legend

I think his innings was the longest (in terms of overs) ever by a BD batsman in ODIs. He was there from the beginning to the 46 or 47th.
Old December 2, 2012, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Anamul was the MOM. So all these discussion about his selfishness should end here.
I'm not sure there was a whole lot of discussions on this. There was one poster who wanted to sack him for his go-slow and most (if not all) other posters were arrayed on the other side.
Old December 2, 2012, 08:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I hope someone in Mirpur will bring in huge sign for Shamim that says, "It's ANAMUL, not AMANUL". Nijer desher player der naam e jodi thik moto bolte pare na, bideshi player der naam ki rokom bolbe.
Infact its not even Anamul, its Enamul, I cant believe BCB has decided call him as Anamul just becasue there are other Enamuls around in our cricket. Its completely unacceptable even so because the other Enamuls are not even in the national fold, one is a good FC cricketer and the other is a retired cricketer.
Old December 2, 2012, 08:40 PM
Cricket Sage

BCB Baap Maaer dewa Naam change core fello?

If true, then very bad.
Old December 2, 2012, 08:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
BCB Baap Maaer Naam change core fello?

If true, then very bad.
Its true, his dad said in the interview after the match today and also a while back, Isam confirmed this to us. BCB changed his because there are other Enamul Haques around.

Lets all as fans start calling him Enamul Haque.
Old December 2, 2012, 08:58 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

His prothom alo interview gives more insights on the maturity of this young cricketer.

"৩৪তম ওভারের পর আবার বাউন্ডারি মারতে পেরেছেন ৪৮তম ওভারে। এটা কী সেঞ্চুরির জন্য সতর্কতা?
এনামুল: আসলে ফিল্ডাররা যখন বাইরে থাকে, সিঙ্গেল খেলাই ভালো। আর আমার সঙ্গে ব্যাট করছিলেন মুশফিক ভাই, সেখানে আমার বেশি তাড়াহুড়ো করার দরকার ছিল না। কিছুক্ষণ পরপর বাজে বল আসছিল, ডাবল হচ্ছিল, মুশফিক ভাই মারছিল। আমিও এক-দুই নিচ্ছিলাম। ওই সময় আসলে মারার প্রয়োজন হয় না। মারলেই হয়তো ক্রাইম বলা উচিত!
 এমনিতে পুরো ইনিংসটাই দারুণ, কিন্তু ৮০ থেকে ১০০ পর্যন্ত কেমন যেন গুটিয়ে গেলেন...
এনামুল: হয়তো ঠিক বলছেন। আসলে ৫০ ওভারের মধ্যে এমন কিছু সময় আসে, যখন একই রকম বা একই গতিতে রান করা যায় না। আমার ক্ষেত্রে ওই সময়টায় সেটাই হয়েছে।"
full interview:http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...03/news/310243

Finally we have found a cricketer who knows when to accumulate singles and when to hit out. If his footwork gets ironed out by the coach this kid will be huge for us
Old December 2, 2012, 09:12 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Sports minister has announced 2 lakh taka for the century.
uff player gulare nosto kore ai politician ra..des tare khaye pet vorena player gulareo khete asche
Old December 2, 2012, 09:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

from Prothom-Alo

Quote:
নাম এনামুল হক। পাসপোর্ট করার সময় কে যেন ইংরেজি নামে ‘ই’-এর বদলে ‘এ’ দিয়ে ফেলেছিল। সেই থেকে নাম নিয়ে বিভ্রান্তি। গত এক বছরে সেঞ্চুরির পর সেঞ্চুরি করেছেন আর বেড়েছে সেই বিভ্রান্তিটা—আনা ুল না এনামুল? ‘আনামুল’টাই চালু হয়ে গিয়েছিল। সুযোগ পেলেই সাংবাদিকদের অনুরোধ করেছেন, ‘ভাই, আমার নাম এনামুল। আনামুল লেখা হলে বড় কষ্ট পাই।
Old December 2, 2012, 09:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
uff player gulare nosto kore ai politician ra..des tare khaye pet vorena player gulareo khete asche
I'd completely support a reward like this provided it's the part of a real set of performance incentives. Khub khushi hoye eyakgada taka diye dewa onno jinish. BTW, Bijoy is a different type of person and neither success nor rewards make him complacent but actually motivate him to do better. Shakib and Nasir are the same way. Tamim is indifferent. I'm not so sure about the others.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 2, 2012, 09:21 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Finally we have found a cricketer who knows when to accumulate singles and when to hit out. If his footwork gets ironed out by the coach this kid will be huge for us
how i wish siddons was with us as a batting coach again..he may not have been a good HC but his work with tamim and shakib was excellent

and though i have my arguments with Mr. Pont, i'll have to agree he is a very good bowling coach and a good tactician, Shafiul did improved a lot under him and once he is gone shafiul just hit rock bottom. I dont know why BCB has this Phobia with a Bowling Head Coach
Old December 2, 2012, 09:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
from Prothom-Alo
Just call him Bijoy. We have a wonderful tradition of "official" Bangla nicknames unrelated to the official name, and should use those. Let us be proud of what we are this way, rather than attempting the deplorable "English Medium" hipness we see so often everywhere.

My nickname is Shubho BTW. I'd love to know everyone else's in this forum.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 2, 2012, 09:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Just call him Bijoy. We have a wonderful tradition of "official" Bangla nicknames unrelated to the official name, and should use those. Let us be proud of what we are this way, rather than attempting the deplorable English Medium hipness so see so often everywhere.

My nickname is Shubho BTW. I'd love to know everyone else's in this forum.
salam shubho bhai, we are fortunate that you are not playing cricket these days, which would have caused huge confusion to the fans as we already have two other great players nick named shubho
Old December 2, 2012, 09:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
salam shubho bhai, we are fortunate that you are not playing cricket these days, which would have caused huge confusion to the fans as we already have two other great players nick named shubho
Walaikum as salaam Shagor.

the world should be thankful that I don't play cricket. I'd have made Rajin and Rocky look like Kevin Pietersen.
Old December 2, 2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

The fact is, Anamul went from scoring at an 85+ SR at one point to looking pathetic, tentative and completely incapable of nudging it around for singles. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks is "enough" to win the game - you go out there to bat trying to get as many as you can within the 50 overs. So yes, when we needed him to hit, he bogged down trying to get to his century first, wasting a good number of deliveries in the process. It got to a point where I was going to give him the benefit of doubt, assuming he was incapable of improvisation and needed more time to get there. But the way he went off right after his hundred shows that he was playing for his century and thereby himself, which made the century celebrations look pretty pathetic, IMO.
Well, you share my feelings too ATMR.

Make no mistakes; I am a follower of BIJOY. But you have to say what your eye sees!
One stage, as Asif mentioned, he was playing for his ton. Not a sin, rather selfish attitude I must say.
Though, I am cool as long he wins the match for us.
Old December 2, 2012, 10:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Just call him Bijoy. We have a wonderful tradition of "official" Bangla nicknames unrelated to the official name, and should use those. Let us be proud of what we are this way, rather than attempting the deplorable "English Medium" hipness we see so often everywhere.
I have to disagree. I'm always for giving as much individual freedom to the people. No one should have to call him Bijoy, if they don't feel like it. Anamul and Bijoy are both fine as they are his names given to him by his parents. If you want to coin a new cool nickname, like Run-amul, you should be allowed to do that as well. But if Anamul himself has a particular preference,( which I doubt he does), then I think it's polite to oblige his wishes.
Old December 2, 2012, 10:23 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I would choose a selfish century maker any day over batters who time and again throw their wicket away while in their 40s and 50s.

I want Bijoy to be as selfish as Tendulkar, Gavaskar, Boycott and rack up as many centuries he possibly can.
Old December 2, 2012, 10:48 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
Ei beyadop uposthapok ta ke? Murubbi re naam dhore daake. Rajur chandi chila bat diya ore pedani deya dorkar.
viya fact is it's the formal way to interview. watch any international news network u will find that they do the same.
Old December 2, 2012, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I have to disagree. I'm always for giving as much individual freedom to the people. No one should have to call him Bijoy, if they don't feel like it. Anamul and Bijoy are both fine as they are his names given to him by his parents. If you want to coin a new cool nickname, like Run-amul, you should be allowed to do that as well. But if Anamul himself has a particular preference,( which I doubt he does), then I think it's polite to oblige his wishes.
I generally agree with Roey here. The Bangla nicknames are for friends and family - we fans are neither. My preference is to use the names they use officially - the names that show up on the score-cards and record books. We don't need to be parochial and exclude others (non-deshis) from participating with us because they can't tell Shujon from Shumon.

PS: I like the sound of Run-Amul.
Old December 2, 2012, 11:16 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

And the tautological award goes to....

Is it me or the line 'deplorable "English Medium" hipness' is itself an example of 'deplorable "English Medium" hipness'????

Long live irony.
Old December 2, 2012, 11:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I would choose a selfish century maker any day over batters who time and again throw their wicket away while in their 40s and 50s.

I want Bijoy to be as selfish as Tendulkar, Gavaskar, Boycott and rack up as many centuries he possibly can.
স্বার্থপরতা ফর দা উইন
Old December 2, 2012, 11:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
And the tautological award goes to....

Is it me or the line 'deplorable "English Medium" hipness' is itself an example of 'deplorable "English Medium" hipness'????
I went to a Bangla Medium school when in I lived in Dhaka. I went to the University Laboratory School at the DU campus from 1974 to 1979.