facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 24, 2012, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

We need to understand the difference between U19 and test level. He looked clueless against a Zimbabwe bowling attack on a very flat pitch. I am not doubting his skills, it definitely requires a lot of skill to score at 60 runs per game in a competition. However the selectors should be really careful with a player of his potential.

He should be tested, and battle hardened in the NCL and "A" team tours before we can put him in the test team. We don't get too many top quality batsmen in this country, and in him, we might have found another one. I would rather lose two from him in the national team, than to lose him altogether.
Old August 24, 2012, 10:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I too think he shouldn't be rushed to the national side. Who is to say he's ready based on a bunch of games (domestic/U19) so detached from the realities of international cricket? He had a few chances with the national team and failed. He had to score big against Australia and England in the WC and failed when it mattered most. That doesn't mean he's crap - it just means he isn't ready yet. Give him the time he needs.
i think it's important to keep in mind that his few chances with the national team were in t20 cricket, which is most likely his worst form of cricket looking at domestic stats and his performance in this u19 WC. as far as not performing against aus and eng well a player can't always pull it out in every big match, he's shown in domestic matches that he can fairly regularly put in a good performance in important matches. the thing the puts anamul apart from a lot of BD talents is his ability to score centuries, even if his stats aren't always the best and he's a bit inconsistent he still regularly scores centuries and he's done that at all levels he's played so far in all formats (exempting t20s as centuries are very rare there).

should he be rushed? no he shouldn't be rushed, but only the people in the know can really say whether he is or isn't ready. we can look at his performances to judge whether he is ready or not but when it comes to international cricket as long as the player has the talent and the skills the main thing that says whether he is ready or not is his mental game and attitude and that's something you can't completely judge on through on-field performance, only the people around him everyday can truly tell whether he has the attitude/mental capability or not.

as long as he's performing consistently, hitting big scores then i think selection for the national team should be based on his attitude and mentality being that he's so young. he has the talent, and if he's performing consistently and better than everyone else then why shouldn't he be in consideration? only reason why he shouldn't be is if he can't handle it mentally.

i know people want to protect him because he's a talent, but the most important thing is to constantly challenge him so he constantly improves. this doesn't mean he must be selected for the national team, but he's doing well domestically so if he's not getting regular A team or national team matches then we need him to be playing in other domestic circuits that are more challenging so he can playing against better quality opposition.

we have to remember that with ashraful the jump from BD domestic cricket to international cricket during his time was even bigger than it is now, so ash could perform on occasion but not regularly for the national team because there was no in between where he got to hone his skills properly. this is why the standard of BD domestic cricket needs to be improved and also why the players should be going outside BD to get extra matches against better opposition (at least while they aren't getting it at home).
Old August 24, 2012, 11:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

We play most of our Tests at home and against weaker opposition usually...not as many matches against AUS, ENG, RSA...so its reasonable to expect his selection immediately.
Old August 24, 2012, 11:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

I want to see him permanently at no 3 position in both tests and ODi's from now on. I think this the right time to bring him in. YES he has failed in some unofficial T20 in Zimbabwe but T20 is nothing cricket tbh. He is the highest run getter in the last national cricket league. So he has proved himself in the domestic arena as well. I Hope West Indies at home would be the start of an wonderful career of this batting superstar inshaallah.
Old August 24, 2012, 11:53 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

This bhai can bat. Well done kid! He keeps to correct? Then move the eff over gittu. You are freaking done. I'm so tired of you and your bubbly and cuteness. You and your "ohh definitely... oh definitely." #RemovePrettyBoy.

But no rush. Please don't bring him into the side yet. In couple more years or so...
Old August 24, 2012, 12:04 PM
Test Cricketer

like it or not it is evident that he will be drafted into the squad for the wi test tour of bd
Old August 24, 2012, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Either one of the two might happen.

He will get selected for WI tour. But he won't be able to take the pressure and will fail. Then he will be dropped. He will lose confidence and then his form. Then he will turn into a domestic bully like Tushar Imran, Farhad Hossain.

He will not get selected. He will have a decent domestic season and then will say in the interview 'U19 WC e eto bhalo kheleo chance pai nah. Ashole selector ra bhalo performance er kono dam i dei nah. Akram Uncle Shumon Uncle khali majhe majhe khoj niye bole, bhalo khelo, chance paba'.
Old August 24, 2012, 12:19 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

He is an assets..i finally agree with al furqaan bhai..but i am afraid our dum *** selectors will ruin him by rushing ....PLZ BANGLADESH you killed ash..save anamul
Old August 24, 2012, 01:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir,Anamu,Shamsu,Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
We need to understand the difference between U19 and test level. He looked clueless against a Zimbabwe bowling attack on a very flat pitch.
Yes we also need to understand the difference between T20 and other forms of cricket. Those matches he debuted in were T20s. Lets not forget how awesome Tamim was in T20s until recently.

We fans tend to over analyze too much sometimes. A good player with the right work ethics, talent and guidance will always turn out to be a good player regardless if he debuts at 19 or at 23. Look at Mohammed Amir, Kohli and Tendulkar. Tendulkar debuted as a teenager and faced the likes of Waqar and Wasim so early in his career. Did it harm his career any bit? Dont tell me Tendulkar is a God and Anamul is a mere mortal, Tendulkar might have loads of talent but he was still a kid when he debuted.

So all this talk of "grooming" is a load of bull in my opinion. You guys might differ but i would let him be in the squad now rather than rot in our domestics facing below par fast bowlers for the next few years. If you want "grooming" so much why not strip our test status and groom our whole team by facing A teams too since i think all of them could use some "grooming". Being in the squad with Tamim, Shakib and getting coaching help from Pybus will help too.

Shakib, Tamim, Nasir, Mushfiq, Mashrafe all debuted at 20 or earlier.
Old August 24, 2012, 01:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

I saw Anamul playing in January of 2010 in bogra stadium against Zim u19. He scored century (not out), and even after scoring that century he was still not slogging, he was playing by the book. I was so impressed with his batting that day. I knew he will play for BD one day
Old August 24, 2012, 01:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

His inclusion in the NAT team will greatly depend on our team's performance of T20 WC. If we do bad then selectors will be in pressure to make changes in the squad for WI series.
Old August 24, 2012, 01:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Lets not forget the fact he didn't score any runs vs Australia in QF.
Old August 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Yes we also need to understand the difference between T20 and other forms of cricket. Those matches he debuted in were T20s. Lets not forget how awesome Tamim was in T20s until recently.

We fans tend to over analyze too much sometimes. A good player with the right work ethics, talent and guidance will always turn out to be a good player regardless if he debuts at 19 or at 23. Look at Mohammed Amir, Kohli and Tendulkar. Tendulkar debuted as a teenager and faced the likes of Waqar and Wasim so early in his career. Did it harm his career any bit? Dont tell me Tendulkar is a God and Anamul is a mere mortal, Tendulkar might have loads of talent but he was still a kid when he debuted.

So all this talk of "grooming" is a load of bull in my opinion. You guys might differ but i would let him be in the squad now rather than rot in our domestics facing below par fast bowlers for the next few years. If you want "grooming" so much why not strip our test status and groom our whole team by facing A teams too since i think all of them could use some "grooming". Being in the squad with Tamim, Shakib and getting coaching help from Pybus will help too.

Shakib, Tamim, Nasir, Mushfiq, Mashrafe all debuted at 20 or earlier.
I can name more young people/plyrs from bangladesh lost their forms and what not than you can name the players that were hit. Who is going to judge whether a player is tendu caliber or ash caliber? no body said anamul should just play local games but suggesting playing for A team and what not. Why do we have to rush? Can you tell me that? In Australia they get chance when they r 30+ and we give chances to players when they r 17. Shakib tamim, mushi all started at 17/18 but none shined right away constantly and beside at that time there were no competition for positions. now we have more competition for most positions so for a 19 year old if he does another couple of time like what he did in zimbo can be devastating for his career. then you would be the one scream to drop him to get the next u19 to get in.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old August 24, 2012, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

Anamul should be selected for WI series only to warm up the bench to get situated with the national team
Old August 24, 2012, 02:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I can name more young people/plyrs from bangladesh lost their forms and what not than you can name the players that were hit. Who is going to judge whether a player is tendu caliber or ash caliber? no body said anamul should just play local games but suggesting playing for A team and what not. Why do we have to rush? Can you tell me that? In Australia they get chance when they r 30+ and we give chances to players when they r 17. Shakib tamim, mushi all started at 17/18 but none shined right away constantly and beside at that time there were no competition for positions. now we have more competition for most positions so for a 19 year old if he does another couple of time like what he did in zimbo can be devastating for his career. then you would be the one scream to drop him to get the next u19 to get in.
Debuting teenagers is an Asian thing...actually it has to do with level of talent in the senior side. If a 16 year old is the best batsman or one of the best in the country, do you keep playing inferior seniors just for the sake of "grooming"? It doesn't matter how old or how much grooming he has. There are players with 200 innings and 10,000 domestic runs who are 30+ and have been groomed for 12 years but they won't get a chance, not because they aren't good or because they need more "grooming", but because their teams are already loaded with better players. Anam might be better than all our current players.

We won't know if Anamul is ready or not till we actually play him. Play him in the WI tests and if he's totally out of his depth give him another series before sending him for grooming. If he's like Nasir, he might not need any grooming at all.
Old August 24, 2012, 02:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I don't understand why people are so worried about "What if he fails in WI?"
and it's also funny how people are saying if he fails in internationals ,he will be dropped & he will spend the rest of his life as a Domestic player as it will ruin his self confidence etc.
Except Tamim,Sakib & Nasir,every one got dropped atleast once, Mushy,Ryad,Junaid,Rok,Jahurul all were dropped but made several come back.
Only Mushy & Ryad are now our regular players after being dropped.
If Anamul is that good a player he will succeed like Nasir, if he is not that awesome he will get dropped,play few seasons of domestic and then come back again & if he is really good he will cement his place.
Our top order has inconsistent players like Junaid,Ash,Jahurul so now that Anamul is at his best form this is the time to introduce him, he was benched in Asia cup,remember?
If he fails,let him fail, that way he will go back to domestic with the knowledge of what he lacks, that will help him to improve his skills.
Old August 24, 2012, 02:48 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Simon, Nasir played plenty of A team and Academy cricket before making international debut. You can't compare current Anamul with Nasir. He needs more cricket under his belt to be successful at top level. Why risk a bright prospect? Make him ready and he will deliver.
Old August 24, 2012, 02:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Hopefully he is groomed properly, seems like a great batsmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Lets not forget the fact he didn't score any runs vs Australia in QF.
Apparently the decision was controversial.
Old August 24, 2012, 03:06 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Link?

I checked the CI links for that game, nothing on the reports. There was no commentary for that game either.
Old August 24, 2012, 03:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^ I read about the controversial decision in a Prothom Alo article. The team manager also included the wrong decision in his official tour report and complained to higher officials after the match.
Old August 24, 2012, 03:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I don't understand why people are so worried about "What if he fails in WI?"
and it's also funny how people are saying if he fails in internationals ,he will be dropped & he will spend the rest of his life as a Domestic player as it will ruin his self confidence etc.
Except Tamim,Sakib & Nasir,every one got dropped atleast once, Mushy,Ryad,Junaid,Rok,Jahurul all were dropped but made several come back.
Only Mushy & Ryad are now our regular players after being dropped.
If Anamul is that good a player he will succeed like Nasir, if he is not that awesome he will get dropped,play few seasons of domestic and then come back again & if he is really good he will cement his place.
Our top order has inconsistent players like Junaid,Ash,Jahurul so now that Anamul is at his best form this is the time to introduce him, he was benched in Asia cup,remember?
If he fails,let him fail, that way he will go back to domestic with the knowledge of what he lacks, that will help him to improve his skills.
And I don't understand what is the rush? Please listen/read xplayers from big countires what say. if a young players fails it is a lot harder for them to come back. and players (apart from shakib some what) no one is at that level yet. beside have you seen our test stats? I guess you guys underneth think that this form of his will not last long so make him play as quickly as we can and when his form drops, drop him like a ... and that is why bd is number 9. we scream why we can't beat big teams but don't want to have the patience or system like them...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old August 24, 2012, 03:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Simon, Nasir played plenty of A team and Academy cricket before making international debut. You can't compare current Anamul with Nasir. He needs more cricket under his belt to be successful at top level. Why risk a bright prospect? Make him ready and he will deliver.
I understand Miraz bhai,just that I don't see the risk level as highly as you do.
May be you are right but I will be happy if he is included for the WI tour, looking at our inconsistent tope order batsmen I think as a team we wont lose much if he fails,neither will he, rather it will give him a better idea of te areas he needs to improve in order to cement his place in the nat. team.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old August 24, 2012, 03:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
And I don't understand what is the rush? Please listen/read xplayers from big countires what say. if a young players fails it is a lot harder for them to come back. and players (apart from shakib some what) no one is at that level yet. beside have you seen our test stats? I guess you guys underneth think that this form of his will not last long so make him play as quickly as we can and when his form drops, drop him like a ... and that is why bd is number 9. we scream why we can't beat big teams but don't want to have the patience or system like them...
You mentioned big countries, by that u mean the big teams or the strong sides but we are no big team.
All these big teams that you are referring to had big names in their team,so they didnt need to organize a "hunger game" to hunt down young hot shots.
But we dont have that many big names,we can always delay the inclusion of Anam or Mominul but that meanz we will have to continue with the inconsistent players like Jahurul or Rokibul or Junaid or Ash.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old August 24, 2012, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

I think I saw the comments about the controversial decision on some other forum or this one, can't remember, but they said it was written in cricinfo commentary. There was no commentary for that match so I don't know where they got it from.
Old August 24, 2012, 04:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Any highlights of Amanul's innings ?