facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 3, 2012, 07:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

I'm a med student who in their previous degree got caught up in maths was what I meant-totally different style to med school

Yeah the ulcers, I mentioned them to put in the festy pictures. But they're pretty common in aus actually and every smoker I've talked to has rgrettd it big time

How many yrs has it been since you finished? Any intersting stories/ patients?
Old April 3, 2012, 07:29 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

This thread couldn't get any weirder. Orphy keeps bullying, and mar_umpire keeps taking it like a submissive sx mchin.
Old April 3, 2012, 07:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar umpire
I'm a med student
damn I am so good, right on the money. My educated intuitions never fail me. I guess now that it is confirmed i can boss you around, i was a little hesitant at first..haha... for example, i would avoid bossing around mona cuz she might put me in my place...

Quote:
How many yrs has it been since you finished? Any intersting stories/ patient?
I still haven't finished and probably i will never finish.. haha... i wanna become a day trader just like u wanna do math.

ofcourse there are plenty of interesting stories but that's hipaa violations my friend. Sorry!
Old April 4, 2012, 12:44 AM
Test Cricketer

ah well, thought discussing interesting patients that are deidentified is alright
Intuition's great for clinical practice. humanitarian work in third world countries beckons

I try my best not to say anything that insults anyone directly and thought some of the comments were humourous actually, didn't consider bullying

Better to be silent than say something bad, although some people take it the wrong way anyhow

I'll stop stuffing up your thread Zeeshan.
Old April 4, 2012, 12:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Accha 'Pora Paani' + Tabiz-e kaaj hobey bahi?

Tabiz aka Totka, if you are from Old Dhaka/Shoshan Ghaat/LaalBaagh areas, like Auntu!)
Old April 4, 2012, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar umpire
ah well, thought discussing interesting patients that are deidentified is alright
Not quite. Had to go through serious HIPAA training and also worked on NLP based deidentification/anonymization software. Deidentification also implies that nothing in the context can allow one to determine which patient you are talking about.
Old April 4, 2012, 05:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Not quite. Had to go through serious HIPAA training and also worked on NLP based deidentification/anonymization software. Deidentification also implies that nothing in the context can allow one to determine which patient you are talking about.
It's pretty lax in aus though. tutors and consultants are always talking about patients and interesting cases in lectures etc not to mention grand rounds

Medicolegal minefields are here to stay i guess
Old April 4, 2012, 08:20 AM
MLC World Series I

Well, I've been smoking for the past 4 years, and haven't managed to quit as yet. However, my smoking urges and tendencies go away when I go visit Bangladesh or my parents. I feel the company you're a part of is very important. And, you need a healthy replacement to get rid off it. You can also note down how much you're spending a month on whatever you're trying to get rid off, smoke/drink and think of an alternative to spend those money on!
Old April 4, 2012, 03:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Accha 'Pora Paani' + Tabiz-e kaaj hobey bahi?

Tabiz aka Totka, if you are from Old Dhaka/Shoshan Ghaat/LaalBaagh areas, like Auntu!)
ei tabiz ar pora pani bhi ek prokar addiction, oneke achey shorir er bibhinno jaygay tabiz porey,ar bibhinno uddeshey tabiz ba pora pani kaje lagay.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 5, 2012, 08:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Well, I've been smoking for the past 4 years, and haven't managed to quit as yet. However, my smoking urges and tendencies go away when I go visit Bangladesh or my parents. I feel the company you're a part of is very important. And, you need a healthy replacement to get rid off it. You can also note down how much you're spending a month on whatever you're trying to get rid off, smoke/drink and think of an alternative to spend those money on!
that's a really good point. COmpanionship is important in anything whether it's drugs or anything else