facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 17, 2012, 10:48 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Come on Windies.....their performance has been very impressive this year...too bad they couldn't win any of the test matches.....

I can't even imagine what will happen if Gayle and Narine decides to play in WC t20 :S
No if about it. They will both play for sure. Narine is already a regular in the limited overs sides and Gayle is about to return to the fray. Also Pollard, Russell and Dwayne Bravo are all available, they are just not considered test options at this stage.

People have got a bit confused with the West Indies players and their availability. Some guys like Pollard, Narine and Russell are not considered long format options at this stage of their careers. West Indies are not afraid of pulling players from the IPL cos they did it with Samuels. I'm not sure about Sarwan's availability but considering his recent international form and attitude I'd say he's just been dropped.

My tip for a Windies XI at T20 WC: Gayle, Barath, Samuels, Bravo, Pollard, Bravo, Sammy, Ramdin, Narine, Bishoo, Roach. Subs: Russell, Dwayne Smith, Simmons, Fidel, Cooper
Old May 17, 2012, 10:49 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Bravo and Barath have really thrown away such good starts. Just shows how these 2 still have some ways to go. No doubt they have talent but they need more experience at this level.
Bravo was run out by Chanderpaul. He didn't throw away anything, he was sacrificed by his team mate.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

How could people call Chanderpaul "selfish" .. where would've WI innings stand without his contribution?? Really disappointed with the crapinfo article..
Old May 17, 2012, 11:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAus
Bravo was run out by Chanderpaul. He didn't throw away anything, he was sacrificed by his team mate.
But why attempt a run there. Thare wasn't a single available and he just ran to that side.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old May 18, 2012, 12:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

All the Windies except Chanderpaul failed. But Sarwan on other hand continues to score runs for Leicestershire in county matches. He has now score more than 500 runs in 6 matches with 2 century and 2 half century.

Many may not remember it is in England where Sarwan's downfall started. Captain Sarwan hurt his shoulder diving for a ball. Ever since that day he never looked like the Sarwan everyone knew.

Ramnaresh Sarwan's concerned team-mates look on after he injured his shoulder on the boundary edge, England v West Indies, 2nd Test, Headingley, May 25, 2007

Picture from 25/05/2007 Last time Sarwan captained Windies.
Old May 18, 2012, 02:04 PM
MLC World Series I

Congratulations to Strauss on his century, remember watching his maiden Test when he scored a century and his elated missus in the stands
Old May 18, 2012, 03:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Congrats to Strauss on a well deserved century. England's well on top now and the WI can still come back but desperately need to take Strauss out as early as possible tomorrow. As Cricinfo said, Bell is short of runs in recent times and Bairstow is debuting so they should take advantage and take those 2 out as soon as possible.
Old May 20, 2012, 07:21 AM
Administrator

What a fight back from Cahnders and Samuels. They go into lunch with a lead of 57 and a partnership of 147. They still have two sessions to bat today - if Windies bat till the end of the day, they have a good chance of not only saving the Test but sticking it to England. It all depends on what the new ball does. It's due one over after lunch.
Old May 20, 2012, 09:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Finally somebody has given some support to Chanderpaul. Good to see Samuels hitting an 86. Samuels, I feel is a batsman who hasn't done as well as he should have. His technique is just outstanding. Well as Razab bhai said before, a good technique doesn't guarantee success in international cricket.

Anyways, WI should be trying to just focus on batting out the whole day. Not easy I know but they have to fight. Also they should focus on a lead of 200 or more.

Old May 20, 2012, 09:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

WI can't save this match. You can count on Chanderpal to bat for as long as he wants but the others I don't trust them much. They will probably fold by the end of today. I hope I'm wrong.
Old May 20, 2012, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

What a start from WI. Roach was really unlucky not to get Trott as well. Impact was umpire's call but it was crashing into the middle stump. Nasser Hussain: "WI are putting up a better fight here than India did last year" lol.
Old May 21, 2012, 06:04 AM
MLC World Series I

Game is poised up beautifully..
Old May 21, 2012, 10:57 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Ah shame The Windies gave a great fight though. Hope to see more of that when they come up to Edgbaston!
Old May 22, 2012, 07:43 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: virat kohli

WI played well in this match, hope they win a match and draw the series, which is very unlikely though.
Old May 22, 2012, 08:20 AM
Cricket Guru

The WI played well. Good to see them fighting through the end. Their bowling attack is very good and has shown throughout the matches that they can get teams in trouble. Their top order is still their main worry. They should really try to get Gayle in for the 2nd Test match. They would be tough to beat then. Also interesting to see Best back. I feel he's a good bowler but never reached his potential. Hopefully he does this time around.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:40 AM
Cricket Guru

WI doing well in their fightback after the loss of early wickets. Bravo and Powell really threw away their wickets. They shouldn't have chased those wide deliveries. Edwards still seems to be rusty after his injury. Ramdin yet again fails. WI really need to try and find a good WK batsman. At least a guy who can average around a 30. Ramdin and Baugh have been batting too much like tailenders for way too long and it's hindering them a lot.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Great innings from Samuels. Despite what I have said about him, he is a very competent Test and ODI batsman and can be a really good batsman for WI if he applied himself more often like this. And Sammy too has been superb from the other end. He has become one of my favourite international players in recent times. What a fighter he is.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:41 PM
Cricket Guru

That was some innings there by Samuels. It was great to see the application he showed today. He's got to do that more often because he has all the shots. It's about playing them at the right time. Likewise for Sammy, the guy is capable of being a quality Test match allrounder and not just a bowler that can bat a bit. If he can curb his shots a bit more, he'll get more big scores.

Looking forward to day 2 now
Old May 25, 2012, 09:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

WI could have a cracker of a batting line-up, and a pretty good bowling line-up, slot gayle and sarwan in and with bravo and chanderpaul and edwards (even though he's out of form) and samuels coming good they have a really good batting line-up and they even have pollard and the older bravo who could be in there which would also be a strong line-up. then with the bowling if narine plays and russell is included then they'll have a solid bowling unit to.
Old May 27, 2012, 08:32 AM
Cricket Legend

WI making England work hard to get a lead here.
Old May 27, 2012, 09:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Well done Sammy
Old May 27, 2012, 06:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

in tatters
Old May 27, 2012, 10:10 PM
Cricket Guru

If WI want to be a top Test level team, then their top order has to improve. I saw recently that their top order since 2008 has been only a 28, without Gayle and that's an average of only a 22. Their the only Test team since 2008 that has a top order that averages below a 30. First step for sure is to get Gayle back. Also they desperately need another WK who can actually bat, not Baugh or Ramdin.

Old May 28, 2012, 06:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Andrew Miller from CI tweets

Quote:
Andrew Miller@miller_cricket
This series is very reminiscent of Bangladesh 2010: outclassed players fighting all the way. Give me this over bored millionaires any day
Old May 28, 2012, 08:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

A.Miller likes us

gotta praise Tamim's back to back 100s, seeing how Pakistan,India & now even WI who are more used to bouncy pace friendly conditions struggling.
anyway, batting inconsistency is hurting WI.