facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 28, 2012, 08:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

That's some compliment from Andrew Miller. He also stated the truth. Despite both the WI and BD being labeled as "minnows" we've both shown more fight then the Indians did. I was so happy the way Indians got thrashed. Many of the Indian fans complained about how they should have more 5 Test series against England in England and dissing the Ashes. They should consider themselves lucky that they got the amount of Test matches they did. Its really unfair how there is pretty much a two tier system in Test cricket.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old May 28, 2012, 08:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
That's some compliment from Andrew Miller. He also stated the truth. Despite both the WI and BD being labeled as "minnows" we've both shown more fight then the Indians did. I was so happy the way Indians got thrashed. Many of the Indian fans complained about how they should have more 5 Test series against England in England and dissing the Ashes. They should consider themselves lucky that they got the amount of Test matches they did. Its really unfair how there is pretty much a two tier system in Test cricket.

if any team can outplay Indian batsmen then Ind are the biggest minnows in Test.
That's what we have witnessed during Ind tour of England & Australia.
Old May 28, 2012, 11:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
if any team can outplay Indian batsmen then Ind are the biggest minnows in Test.
That's what we have witnessed during Ind tour of England & Australia.
Their home performance has been very good but their minnows away from home. Not only that but they don't even give a fight which makes them look even worse.

Old May 28, 2012, 03:31 PM
Cricket Guru

An easy win for England thanks to poor batting by the Windies in the 2nd innings. They really have 1 strong batting lineup. They pretty much bat to #10. Then their bowling lineup is also very solid and well rounded. Only thing I question though is Bairstow getting the #6 spot. He'll have a bright future in Test cricket one day but was he really ready now? I thought James Taylor was the better option. Its still early days though so he might come good soon.

Old May 28, 2012, 07:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Yeah I think Taylor would have been a better choice, not that bairstow is bad but Taylor seems more ready
Old May 29, 2012, 12:55 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: virat kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Their home performance has been very good but their minnows away from home. Not only that but they don't even give a fight which makes them look even worse.

Agreed that we have two horrible tours. But how are we minnows outside India? Drew series with SA, won it in West Indies, won it in NZ. Before these tours england last defeated India in the decade of 90's be it home or away. Our bating has always been the strength which didn't clicked on these tours as our main batsmen are/were past their prime. And we have plenty of young and good batting talent coming through and for the first time I can say we might even have a good bowling attack in couple of years time.

How are other teams playing outside home. Eng lost their 4 out of 5 matches after becoming number 1. Australia Lost 4 out of 6 here in India in last 2-3 years. Pakistan hasn't defeated any team outside Asia except NZ. So are all of these minnows as well??
Old May 29, 2012, 07:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Champs
Agreed that we have two horrible tours. But how are we minnows outside India? Drew series with SA, won it in West Indies, won it in NZ. Before these tours england last defeated India in the decade of 90's be it home or away. Our bating has always been the strength which didn't clicked on these tours as our main batsmen are/were past their prime. And we have plenty of young and good batting talent coming through and for the first time I can say we might even have a good bowling attack in couple of years time.

How are other teams playing outside home. Eng lost their 4 out of 5 matches after becoming number 1. Australia Lost 4 out of 6 here in India in last 2-3 years. Pakistan hasn't defeated any team outside Asia except NZ. So are all of these minnows as well??
Again I'll say it's not so much of the results only but the fact that India just never put up a fight against England and Australia. Australia at least puts up a fight against you guys when going to India and make you earn it. I'll agree that England has been pitiful away from home like you guys which is why I believe the best Test team right now is South Africa. Also winning series against NZ and WI are not big accomplishments for you guys. Those are struggling Test nations right now and for a top 4 Test playing nation, it should be expected that you guys win against them.

A lot of blame, in my opinion should go to the selectors who are not working the younger players in well enough. For a guy like Virat Kohli, for example, he should've played many more Test matches already. Also, why hasn't Rohit Sharma even got 1 chance in Tests yet? What happened to Pujara, a guy who looked impressive in South Africa? If he's not injured, then I don't know why he's not playing.

I think your bowling attack can be impressive but you guys should develop Aaron and Yadav properly and hope they don't become the next Ishant and Sreesanth. You guys, as usual are fine with spinners.

The preparations have also been very questionable leading up to such tough tours. In the Australia series for example, we saw time and again that your batsmen were not getting in position to play drives and defensive shots which the Aussie bowlers exploited so well. Not only that but Sehwag after the tour said, "well we won 2-0 against Australia and Gambhir said, "let Australia come to India and play on our rank turners." And these are the senior players of the team. I'm sorry but with that type of attitude, you guys will not be #1 in Test cricket. The attitude has got to change if you guys want to beat the likes of England and Australia away from home.

So I think there are some different problems you guys have to tackle but if you guys can, then I don't see why you guys can't perform outside of India. The talent is there, it's just about getting the attitude, team selections, and preparations right.
Old May 29, 2012, 06:43 PM
Cricket Guru

I wouldn't call India minnows but they're falling away atm. Batting hasn't been performing, they haven't got the quality of spin they once had and the pacers are the same as they've always been
Old May 31, 2012, 05:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Looks like Narine will play the third test. Looking forward
Old May 31, 2012, 11:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

So both Gayle and Narine are joining the test squad !! amader khobor achhe WI series e
Old June 1, 2012, 05:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Old June 5, 2012, 04:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Gayle formally recalled to ODI side at last. Now this series will get exciting, and English now can expect some fight from suffocatingly boring side of WI.

Chris Gayle's 15-month international exile is over after he was formally recalled to the West Indies ODI squad for the forthcoming series against England, starting in Southampton on June 16.

CI
Old June 5, 2012, 11:20 PM
Cricket Guru

pretty strong one-day side WI have for this series, excited to see narine in his first test match.
Old June 6, 2012, 01:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Looking forward to the difference Gayle will make. The availability of Roach would've made WI a formidable foe with Edwards running in with the other new ball.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 9, 2012, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

"History suggested that a positive result would take some getting. Only two teams have ever pulled off a Test victory after the first two days were washed out. England beat New Zealand at Headingley in 1958 when the spinners Jim Laker and Tony Lock shared 19 wickets in the match. New Zealand also beat Bangladesh in similar fashion 11 years ago when they made them follow-on and Chris Cairns took seven wickets in the second innings."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-...ry/567871.html

Last edited by zsayeed; June 10, 2012 at 09:18 AM..
Old June 10, 2012, 07:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Old June 10, 2012, 07:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Tino best on 92. wtf???

deserve his 100 tbh.

was there any bat batting at 11 got 100 before???

Old June 10, 2012, 07:21 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Damn Tino!!! just missed out
Old June 10, 2012, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Tino best on 92. wtf???

deserve his 100 tbh.

was there any bat batting at 11 got 100 before???
I think this is a record. AFAIK Zaheer Khan's 70 something against us in 2004 was the highest score for a #11.
Old June 10, 2012, 08:18 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:

BBC Test Match Special's Sir Viv Richards
"I'm not sure what Ramdin meant [with the piece of paper he held up after reaching his hundred, saying 'YEAH VIV TALK NAH'], but he's played well and if you're given enough chances you're going to get it done. Let's not forget this is in a losing cause - the team's not winning, he should be happy and humble. I think I remember saying he'd lost his confidence, but I'm on the other side of the fence now and I'm here to do a job - there's no sentiment in it. I'm glad that he got the motivation from it."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/18383573

Old June 10, 2012, 08:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Come on bring in Narine.....getting impatient now
Old June 10, 2012, 09:15 AM
Cricket Legend

"Best scored 95 from 112 balls in a last-wicket stand of 143 - the highest in West Indies Test history and the third best of all time. He is now the proud holder of the highest score by a No. 11 in Test cricket, outdoing Zaheer Khan's 75 for India against Bangladesh in Dhaka eight years ago."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-...ry/567957.html
Old June 10, 2012, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Tino Best, what ferocious bowling. Every English batsmen has looked uncomfortable against him. Great to watch. Can't believe the last time he played for WI was three years ago! The Nazmul Hossain of WI?
Old June 10, 2012, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Narine's inaugural over in Test cricket and almost got a wicket with his first ball.
Old June 10, 2012, 09:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Very good reply from Sir Viv to Ramdin's gesture. Was a silly thing to do imo.