facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 2, 2012, 08:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Default Bangladesh in Europe 2012 -Ireland, Scotland, and the Netherlands

Tours Home
BD in IRE, 2012
News
Bulletins
Squads
Schedule
Scorecards
Articles
Statistics
History
Tough time’s ahead, Ireland will be fuming to do well against us Bangladesh. The pitches in Ireland and are very hard and tricky to play on. Ireland have good players playing in a competitive league like the English Domestic League. I hope our Bangladeshi boy’s are ready for some overseas bouncy
Pitch test. Some key players to watch out for:

T20 Averages:

William Porterfield (Bat) (Av: 23.47) (ST:124.29)

Niall John O'Brien (Wk, Bat) (Av: 22.77) (ST:115.26)

Kevin Joseph O'Brien (Alr) (Av: 20.69) (ST:137.01)

They are three Important players, but recently some of Irish players have done well.

Last Time Bangladesh A Team played Ireland: Ireland won by 82 runs

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/353230.html

Bangladesh A team had players like: Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Rubel Hossain, Arafat sunny.

Last edited by Zunaid; June 14, 2012 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: Added BC coverage links and made sticky

Old June 2, 2012, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

I think it's time for the players to believe they can win in these conditions against any opponents. Through self belief, I see Bangladesh thriving in any condition they are set.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old June 2, 2012, 10:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I liked the original schedule which consisted of ODIs as wells as T20s. Just because there is a T20 tournament later in the year doesn't mean we have to start playing T20s like crazy. BCB did the same with the World Cup in 2011 and we all know what happened.
Old June 2, 2012, 11:51 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

I think time has come to thrash teams like ireland and zimbawe....we never actually thrashed them but go all "goo-gaga" over playing them.....ireland/zimbabwe might play good but they should no match for us......i mean cmon, pony up tigers.
Old June 4, 2012, 02:00 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Paul Stirling

Hi

Think your leaving out our three most important players

Boyd Rankin
George Dockrell
and Paul Stirling
these three are serious players. Being honest Niall O'Briens position in the team is uncertain as he has been in and out of the team at Northants. Out of interest where can I see the stats for how Niall did while playing in the BPL . I hear he was in and out of Khulna team?

I've sumarised here who I think we'll pick against Australia

http://tiernotimes.blogspot.ie/2012/...await-for.html

The depth in the team is better than any time in the teams history. There will be top players on the sideline including some who play regular county cricket. Also coming into this fixture we will have played Australia and Afghanistan twice at home so we won't be coming in cold something that has been the case in the past. In the bowling department we have seious choice. I think the crowd will be decent for 2nd and 3rd waitig to confirm but I reckon temporary stands will be used. Lets hope rain a big problem over here doesn't get involved!
Old June 4, 2012, 02:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Kevin O Brien is the biggest threat for BD at the moment
Old June 4, 2012, 02:29 PM
Street Cricketer

We'll have a good team, Kevin is important but Paul Stirling has been brilliant with the bat of late, he tends to give us the impetus up front
Old June 4, 2012, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiernster
We'll have a good team, Kevin is important but Paul Stirling has been brilliant with the bat of late, he tends to give us the impetus up front
I have seen quite few time Stirling playing and all those times he was throwing his wicket away. I got the feeling he can hit the ball a fairly long distance. I guess he is a much more improved player!
Old June 4, 2012, 11:53 PM
MLC World Series I

Whenever we talk about the Irish, we only talk of the O'Brien brothers. Players like Stirling, Porterfield, Dockrell, Joyce etc. are very very good cricketers.
Old June 5, 2012, 03:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Ed Joyce used to be good when he played for England. What happened to him.

Last edited by BengaliPagol; June 5, 2012 at 05:22 AM..
Old June 5, 2012, 04:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Both Ireland and Zimbabwe are capable of beating us on their day, especially in T20Is, with the dead weight in our team aiding them. That being said, I do believe that there's still a substantial gap between us and them, and at our best will beat them at their best 9 out of 10 times.

Holland and Scotland still have ways to go before they reach the Zimbabwe-Ireland level. Afghanistan is likely to reach that level sooner than them. Just talking T20Is and nothing else.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 5, 2012, 02:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Whenever we talk about the Irish, we only talk of the O'Brien brothers. Players like Stirling, Porterfield, Dockrell, Joyce etc. are very very good cricketers.
After all they all play in county, which makes the difference.
I think BCB should send our players to play county to enhance their cricket.
Old June 5, 2012, 05:59 PM
Street Cricketer

Big debate for Ireland is whether county cricket is good for our players given the difficulties we have getting them released. Ed Joyce has had good form this season I should have mentioned him
Old June 5, 2012, 06:14 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Forget County, I would be happy if some of our players got a chance to play domestic cricket in India or Sri Lanka for the time being...at least until our first class structure is up to scratch/runs regularly!
Old June 5, 2012, 06:22 PM
Test Cricketer

itll be a tough tour- remember our last europe tour
Old June 6, 2012, 04:37 PM
Street Cricketer

Regarding the post from Tiernster above Boyd Rankin is currently injured and is out of the game against Australia and Afghanistan matches. Seeing as the T20 series is on the following week it is likely Rankin will miss this also.

In response to Kohli Sox you are right regards Stirling. Watching him a few years ago he did tend to throw his wicket away but he is a much improved player. He scored a fine century against Pakistan in Belfast last year and was excellent in the recent T20 qualify tournament hitting 50 from 17 balls in the final having hit 50s from 22 and 25 balls in the knock out games. He opens the batting and when he's on form he can take the game away from the opposition early on.
Old June 7, 2012, 03:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

there is something about t20 that i still cant get serious, and i am sure, besides the t20 world cup, no one actually cares for the internation t20 series, like how odis are cared about. i am sure t20 world cups are taken seriously, but besides that whatever happens outside the world t20, no one is bothered about rankings, well, there is a reason u see afghanisthan with their current level being ranked higher than teams like Bangladesh or West Indies, that just tells you, doesnt it? its something like bangladesh with their current level is ranked at number 5-6 in test cricket, which is not the truth, as we are still in bottom, which is a true reflector of our position currently. However, in t20s expect anyone to become a hero, just because of the nature of the game, and more importantly, i think because of the non seriousness the players have with this format. Surely the BPLs and the IPLs are different because of the money at stake
Old June 11, 2012, 07:20 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Paul Stirling: 119 of 99 balls at a strike rate of 120.20 in recent Clydesdale Bank 40 Match.

Middlesex vs Lanchashire
http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...ry/567996.html

Good player that Stirling.
Old June 11, 2012, 07:24 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSM B2C
Paul Stirling: 119 of 99 balls at a strike rate of 120.20 in recent Clydesdale Bank 40 Match.

Middlesex vs Lanchashire
http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...ry/567996.html

Good player that Stirling.
Another Irishman got a 54 ball 116, you won't have to play against him though thanks to England's policy of never picking Englishmen.
Old June 11, 2012, 11:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Both Ireland and Zimbabwe are capable of beating us on their day, especially in T20Is, with the dead weight in our team aiding them. That being said, I do believe that there's still a substantial gap between us and them, and at our best will beat them at their best 9 out of 10 times.

Holland and Scotland still have ways to go before they reach the Zimbabwe-Ireland level. Afghanistan is likely to reach that level sooner than them. Just talking T20Is and nothing else.
T20s are a super leveler...Ireland-Zimbabwe are probably only marginally lower than us. The longer the version, the bigger the gap between us, I think. Although as the previous ZIM tour showed us, away Tests aren't easy no matter who the opposition is.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 11, 2012, 12:34 PM
Street Cricketer

Kevin O'Brien has just signed a t20 contract with somerset so he should be in fine fettle come the Bangladesh tour. Squad announced for Australia game today. Conservative enough picks if you ask me. Hopefully Boyd Rankin is back for Bangladesh games
Old June 11, 2012, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

I hope Ireland beat Australia. That will lessen the sting when they beat us.
Old June 11, 2012, 07:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR

I have seen them playing... They are good at that level, but won't be competitive with top 10. Most importantly, their cricket will have a Kenyan death. A country where 99.99% still looks for Goal in cricket...

These guys learnt when they took refuge in Pak during the war and many are complete Pashtun speakers of Pakistan. Most of the bordering Pashtuns have passports of both countries. And the country even doesn't have a Proper stadium yet and people hardly goes to watch cricket. Even they have more spectators in a dog fight or a cock fight. Their survival and development depends on how long they will have a supply of Pak Pashtuns...it was ok as a beginning, but most people of Afg won't like it to be continued. It will be hard to develop in absence of so many factors, so far none has developed on foreign players alone.

Looking for a competitive tournament in Ireland ...
Old June 12, 2012, 06:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I have seen them playing... They are good at that level, but won't be competitive with top 10. Most importantly, their cricket will have a Kenyan death. A country where 99.99% still looks for Goal in cricket...

These guys learnt when they took refuge in Pak during the war and many are complete Pashtun speakers of Pakistan. Most of the bordering Pashtuns have passports of both countries. And the country even doesn't have a Proper stadium yet and people hardly goes to watch cricket. Even they have more spectators in a dog fight or a cock fight. Their survival and development depends on how long they will have a supply of Pak Pashtuns...it was ok as a beginning, but most people of Afg won't like it to be continued. It will be hard to develop in absence of so many factors, so far none has developed on foreign players alone.

Looking for a competitive tournament in Ireland ...
Very unfair on Afghanistan. You read anything about Afghanistan cricket and it will tell you that cricket has taken off in a huge way. Yes they lack infrastructure but they do not lack players, every game they seem to unearth a new kid who is better than most associate teams' players. In a country that is more worried with restoring order after a bitter and violent war you can't blame them if they don't get big crowds to sporting events, although I don't know what games they fail to get spectators to since they have never played a home game and don't have a stadium.

At the moment I would rank Afghanistan as much higher than Scotland and Netherlands, close to par with Ireland, only marginally below Zimbabwe and even Bangladesh. And they have the potential to become a serious power in the future.
Old June 12, 2012, 06:05 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAus
Very unfair on Afghanistan. You read anything about Afghanistan cricket and it will tell you that cricket has taken off in a huge way. Yes they lack infrastructure but they do not lack players, every game they seem to unearth a new kid who is better than most associate teams' players. In a country that is more worried with restoring order after a bitter and violent war you can't blame them if they don't get big crowds to sporting events, although I don't know what games they fail to get spectators to since they have never played a home game and don't have a stadium.

At the moment I would rank Afghanistan as much higher than Scotland and Netherlands, close to par with Ireland, only marginally below Zimbabwe and even Bangladesh. And they have the potential to become a serious power in the future.
agree. but they will face the same problem as pakistan. NO home games. Pakistan may get away with that but for a developing cricketing nation it would be very hard