facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 27, 2012, 04:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

ramos ..... ..... scores ..... almost a panenka

alves ....... hits the crossbar ..

3-2 .... spain can win if they score the next one
Old June 27, 2012, 04:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

fabregas can win it now ......

and he does ......

spain wins .....
Old June 27, 2012, 04:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Ronaldo didn't even get a chance to take a penalty shot. That's a shame. Spain's quest for perfection continues.
Old June 27, 2012, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

unfair on portugal; spain played crap and won, but thats penalties
Old June 27, 2012, 04:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Does anyone know the name of the background song that was going on after the penalties ended??
Old June 27, 2012, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

What idiocy from Ronaldo! Wanted to maximise his own glory by taking the winning shot but didn't realise that the outcome which transpired was a very real possibility.
Old June 27, 2012, 04:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Angels are upon the champs
Old June 27, 2012, 04:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Portagul didn't even deserve the win. A game full of fowl.
Ronaldo missed out on 4 chances.
Old June 27, 2012, 04:49 PM
MLC World Series I

And that's why ladies and gentlemen, Iker is the best. Rises up to the occasion. Stop with Hart, Cech, Neuer & others.. He is the man, the leader, the legend!

Iker's save tonight:
Old June 27, 2012, 04:54 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
What idiocy from Ronaldo! Wanted to maximise his own glory by taking the winning shot but didn't realise that the outcome which transpired was a very real possibility.
And how do you know that? And what if he didn't bury the "winning shot" as you call it

[EDIT] This is what he had to say

Last edited by Maysun; June 27, 2012 at 05:39 PM..
Old June 27, 2012, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
i think its more like if Ronaldo took the first shot and missed... the entire team would have slumped from there on.... but he should have gone for the 2nd last shot atleast...

anywho... an uncharacteristic win for Spain... but the dream (3 major tourney win) still lives... Vamos Espana...
Old June 27, 2012, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
And how do you know that? And what if he didn't bury the "winning shot" as you call it

[EDIT] This is what he had to say

Whether he'd have scored or not is not my point. But as the best penalty-taker in the team surely he should've gone ahead of a center-half and stretched it to five shots and kept them alive? Surely he was more likely to score than Alves? And it doesn't matter what he says, anyone who's seen Portugal play knows that what he says goes.
Old June 27, 2012, 07:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Spain ZINDABAD! My favorite team WON! yes! Yes! Yes! always felt Spain would win and deserved too, extra time they played fantastic, created many chances played very attacking football and Portugal were defending most of the extra time, were total dominated!

Mark my words SPAIN will win the EURO 2012 Championship final BECAUSE Spain is the best!! And I have great confidence in Spain wining the FINAL!

La Espana ganar el europeo campeonato

Vamos!
Old June 27, 2012, 10:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The match started at 12:45 BDST and despite my best effort, I fell asleep 3-4 times during the match after the first 25 minutes. Did witness the penalty shootout and was somewhat elated to watch Crybaby Ronaldo get all huffy because he didn't get a shot in. Aw, poor baby

Well, Portugal tried their best to prevent Spain from doing their thing and succeeded better than some of the other teams, especially France, who were simply dazed by their midfield mesmer.

Tonight's Germany versus Italy match would be far more exciting to watch, and I won't be surprised if the Italians manage to steal the game and make it to the final.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 27, 2012, 10:39 PM
Administrator

It is interesting to see how both Spain and Germany have retooled their game. From being the stolid workmanlike team sans stars, they have both opened up their game play and are more exciting to watch when they are allowed to play. The English on the other hand are still playing their old game - perennial underachievers will continue to underachieve until they change their style.
Old June 28, 2012, 12:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Love ya Iker! What a save!!! Spain won

I want Spain vs Germany Final
Old June 28, 2012, 12:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Whether he'd have scored or not is not my point. But as the best penalty-taker in the team surely he should've gone ahead of a center-half and stretched it to five shots and kept them alive? Surely he was more likely to score than Alves? And it doesn't matter what he says, anyone who's seen Portugal play knows that what he says goes.

not really, if Ronaldo went for the 4th kick, the high pressure 5th kick would be on Alves. Teams tend to send their best takers either first or last

What i am more surprised is that quite a few of their attackers, or full backs did not try penalties, like Nelson, Coentrao, Varela.
Old June 28, 2012, 01:44 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
It is interesting to see how both Spain and Germany have retooled their game. From being the stolid workmanlike team sans stars, they have both opened up their game play and are more exciting to watch when they are allowed to play. The English on the other hand are still playing their old game - perennial underachievers will continue to underachieve until they change their style.
Z bhai personally i am surprised you found Spain's game to be exciting to watch. There is no doubt their strategy is highly successful but to watch a gazillion passes leading to very very few goals isn't really what I would call as exciting or entertainment.
having said that i am not an avid follower of football so perhaps i miss the hidden beauty in it.
Old June 28, 2012, 01:46 AM
Administrator

I didn't mean the semi - I meant the difference between their 90s and noughts way if playing. The semi was a boring *** game.
Old June 28, 2012, 02:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR

Well, Portugal tried their best to prevent Spain from doing their thing and succeeded better than some of the other teams, especially France, who were simply dazed by their midfield mesmer.

Tonight's Germany versus Italy match would be far more exciting to watch, and I won't be surprised if the Italians manage to steal the game and make it to the final.
Well Portugal at least prove Spain cant be unstopable for sure. tbh this side aint impresive as last EC, WC Champ side, its lacking juice in attack big especially without Villa. Where as Germany looking quite good & well balanced team. Tonight IMO they are gonna play their laterally final match against Italy. Unless they dont choked by Italian recent attacking football, they will be favourite in final as well. After a golden period of Del Piero, trezeguet, totti I doubt Italy has any similar skilled striker here, but they are still playing beautiful football as a team though. I hope this match wont let you snooze tonight.
Old June 28, 2012, 03:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Even before Portugal , Spain had tough matches against Italy and Croatia.
In last world cup, both Paraguay and Chile neutralised Spain.

If Spain wants to win the final, they will drop Silva and one from their central 3, and let Torres/Fabregas, Pedro and Navas start
Old June 28, 2012, 03:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Bad luck Portugal, and I hate Spain with a passion. But there can be no doubt, the right team went through. Portugal didn't get a single shot on target all night.

While neither team did too much in regulation time, once Portugal tired(or decided to drop back) we saw Spain really come into their own, and they completely dominated that ET period.

They've won their last 11 knockout matches - dating back to Euro 2008. If they win the final...their place in the annals of history will be truly cemented

Euro 2008
WC 2010
Euro 2012
Old June 28, 2012, 04:00 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Who are you betting on tonight doc?
my money is on Italy

edit: but then again my money was on Argentina (vs Germany) too during the WC... and we all know how that turned out lol
Old June 28, 2012, 04:05 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Real tough one...The Spain match, you just knew Spain would have too much for Portugal.

This match I'm not too sure.

Italy have looked very good in the middle of the park(De Rossi, Marchisio and of course Pirlo), the backline along with Buffon has been impeccable as you'd expect from an Italian side. I am a bit worried about their attack, both Balotelli and Cassano have shown glimpses, but not really put it together so far.

Both are good enough to produce a piece of magic and score against anyone on any given night, but will they?

Germany on the other hand...What's not to like? Well I'll tell you, Podolski(rubbish player, he'll be going to Arsenal next season) Rumors of bastian schweinsteiger not being a 100% fit, he is very important for them.

But now that I'm done pontificating - I'm going with Germany.
Old June 28, 2012, 06:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

^Podolski is the German Dirk Kuyt. A "hardworking" blonde who always outsprints the ball, leaving a trail of Taposh Boishsho-like sweat behind him. These are guys who make you question your love of the game.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)