facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 16, 2012, 05:31 AM

Default ESPNcricinfo article: Have Bangladesh learnt how to win?

Zimbabwe Twenty20 triangular series 2012

Bangladesh must show they've learnt how to win?

The tri-nation Twenty20 series in Zimbabwe has little context, but for Bangladesh it holds much significance
Mohammad Isam

June 16, 2012

Can Mushfiqur Rahim inspire his side to victory in Shakib Al Hasan's absence? © Associated Press

The tri-nation Twenty20 series involving South Africa, Bangladesh and hosts Zimbabwe is unglamorous, unofficial and a speck in an overcrowded international calendar. It doesn't add to international cricket's overall context in any way. However, for Bangladesh, it holds significance; Mushfiqur Rahim will undoubtedly be hoping to pass one of his tougher tests since taking over the Bangladesh captaincy in September last year.
In his nine months in charge, Mushfiqur has seen more defeats than victories, but the wins he has been a part of in this period of have been dramatic. He won his first game in charge, literally: with four required to win off the last two balls, Mushfiqur lashed West Indies' Ravi Rampaul for a six in front of a packed home crowd. He also engineered Bangladesh's celebrated win against India in the Asia Cup, before seeing his deputy, Mahmudullah, steer the team into the tournament's final in a tense chase against Sri Lanka.
But these victories came out of nowhere, when the form-book listed the opposition as favourites and Bangladesh as the clear underdogs. As we all know, underdogs like being underdogs. They enjoy the spotlight better when it happens to fall on them all of a sudden.

Source:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ry/568573.html

Old June 16, 2012, 05:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Interesting read but the short answer: "no".

You don't win enough games to adequately demonstrate you've "learned to win" with dead weight in your lineup and brain freezes on the ground no matter how great a leader you are in the locker room. That being said, I hope RP will intervene to rectify those issues and we'll SHOW that we've indeed learned to win sooner rather than later, InshAllah.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 16, 2012, 05:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Still a long way for us to legitimately claim that we have finally learnt the art of winning but having said that we are growing day by day no doubt
Old June 16, 2012, 05:47 AM

Well, this is an unofficial "practice" tri-series and world beater Ice Man is not even playing!

So, for me it's not must to win, rather I want to see the Anamul, Zia, Abul and others to shine including our dear Ash!!
Old June 16, 2012, 05:48 AM
Cricket Savant

^+1 to that bro
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 16, 2012, 05:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

only time will tell.
this teatwenty series is not the best indicator as we r playing intrntnls after long time ,the format is different,the conditions are different, it will be a big challenge for us.
I think that in this series it will be good engh if we play good competitive cricket and our goal shou,d be atleast to be the runner up, I will call it a successful tour only then.
But the T20 cup will be the best series for us to prove wether we hv learnt to win or not.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old June 16, 2012, 05:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

We'll play in the final MMW
Old June 16, 2012, 06:27 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

I think the only way to go forward is by a "No-excuse policy". We can go forward and say, we dont have experience, we dont have this we dont have that. Lets stop giving these excuses regarding their problems, for Ive seen people doing work even with 1 hand(they dont have the other), or people travelling around with no feet. The point is, even with the disabilities we have to carry on, look forward and understand what really is needed. Our players may not be well talented, strongly built, born intelligent, but they have to give their best shot in trying to reach the same level as other teams.

And mind you, it will be tough to get into the finals, if we can pull it of, it will definitely go down as a good achievement, regardless of whether we win the finals or not
Old June 16, 2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
I think the only way to go forward is by a "No-excuse policy". We can go forward and say, we dont have experience, we dont have this we dont have that. Lets stop giving these excuses regarding their problems, for Ive seen people doing work even with 1 hand(they dont have the other), or people travelling around with no feet. The point is, even with the disabilities we have to carry on, look forward and understand what really is needed. Our players may not be well talented, strongly built, born intelligent, but they have to give their best shot in trying to reach the same level as other teams.

And mind you, it will be tough to get into the finals, if we can pull it of, it will definitely go down as a good achievement, regardless of whether we win the finals or not
Why not win the final?
Old June 16, 2012, 07:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Why not win the final?
Winning the finals will be icing on the cake, but I will be satisfied if we can make it to the finals at the first place. Considering our performances in T20s, it wont be easy to go to the finals. We may be better than Zimbos in ODIs but T20 is different, and we shudnt forget how we suck in this format of the game. Keeping that in mind, winning 2-3 matches will be more than enough
Old June 16, 2012, 12:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

How much Shakib is worth? Can we win without him that is the real test in this series.
Old June 16, 2012, 03:31 PM
Cricket Savant

We Bangladeshis and BC membors need to keep our feet on za ground, not that we all r flotting (spell)
Srilanka before coming to BD had a wonderful tri series in Aus, but lost all three games.
Now the Asia cup winner Pak is having hard time in Srilanka.
And we the first time Asia cup finalists are talking big, cant even easily accept the two Wup match defeats.
Yes we can say that we shld move forward from here but there will be ups and down.
So lets be patient.

Old June 16, 2012, 04:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
We Bangladeshis and BC membors need to keep our feet on za ground, not that we all r flotting (spell)
Srilanka before coming to BD had a wonderful tri series in Aus, but lost all three games.
Now the Asia cup winner Pak is having hard time in Srilanka.
And we the first time Asia cup finalists are talking big, cant even easily accept the two Wup match defeats.
Yes we can say that we shld move forward from here but there will be ups and down.
So lets be patient.

wonderfully put simon bhai

MS Dhoni said it best after losing to Bangladesh in Asia cup in the match ceremony(paraphrasing): The side that plays plays better cricket on a given day wins! Bangladesh played better cricket!
Old June 16, 2012, 04:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
wonderfully put simon bhai

MS Dhoni said it best after losing to Bangladesh in Asia cup in the match ceremony(paraphrasing): The side that plays plays better cricket on a given day wins! Bangladesh played better cricket!
thanks Rifat bhai, shetai.
ar apnake ekta request korte cheyechilam.
BD vs SA khelate apnar obhotar ta change korben kintu.

Old June 16, 2012, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
So lets be patient.

Team performances are like finalcial curves. Nothing goes straight up or nothing goes straight down

BD fans emotions are like digital signal , just goes either straight up or totally down, nothing in between
Old June 16, 2012, 04:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCup11

Team performances are like finalcial curves. Nothing goes straight up or nothing goes straight down

BD fans emotions are like digital signal , just goes either straight up or totally down, nothing in between
spot on!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 16, 2012, 05:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Will get some sort of answer by the end of T20 World Cup. It will be wrong to expect that they will win all the games after Asia cup and start making negative conclusions, every time they play and lose. We Need to give them reasonable time to display their abilities. I'm confident that they will do justice to their Asia cup performance in coming months and year.
Old June 16, 2012, 09:48 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Bangladesh just need to keep playing good cricket. Bowl with discipline, field well and bat sensibly. If they can do that then the results will come, it is when they panic or relax their standards that everything goes wrong. This series will be a big test of that. I hope they can put together a professional performance.
Old June 17, 2012, 10:34 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
We'll play in the final MMW
marked.... final-e na gele " news has"...
Old June 17, 2012, 11:40 PM
Banned

Inshallah ajke jitbo, 1 rune harleu amador man shomman jabe giye. I expect boys to play blinders but most importantly show some intent on winning. In the players were highly commited and that commitment made us so professional. And here we come in Zimb and lose 3 matches in a row and that too against Zimbos. Our players simply doesnt posess the body language to win matches.

when one zimb fielder misfielded they should dissappointment while others came to cheer him up. And our players didnt seem to be too much cooperative among each other and it still comes to mind how Mushy was yelling at nasir, or when tamim was halfway across the crease and zia admiring his mistimed shot
Old June 17, 2012, 11:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Inshallah ajke jitbo, 1 rune harleu amador man shomman jabe giye. I expect boys to play blinders but most importantly show some intent on winning. In the players were highly commited and that commitment made us so professional. And here we come in Zimb and lose 3 matches in a row and that too against Zimbos. Our players simply doesnt posess the body language to win matches.

when one zimb fielder misfielded they should dissappointment while others came to cheer him up. And our players didnt seem to be too much cooperative among each other and it still comes to mind how Mushy was yelling at nasir, or when tamim was halfway across the crease and zia admiring his mistimed shot
PM! See I can understand that you are a very emotional fan. Please buck yourself up! Remember that, no one wants to lose....we feel bad when bd loses, but think about the cricketers, they feel even worse seeing that they are NOT winning for the country and most importantly, for us, the fans, the least we can do is support them, not criticise them always, and say things "ohh amader shob man ijjot jabe giye harle" I'm sure u'll try to think of it for a while and understand it...you'll be going to uni soon...you are pretty mature I believe

"jaa baba! Onek boro bhashon diye fellam"
Old June 17, 2012, 11:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

JUTS FIX THE MIDDLE ORDER no need to get emotional about the zimbabwe game if you see the games it was the middle order that failed nothing else..
Old June 18, 2012, 05:49 AM

Bangladesh does know how to lose a wining match!
Old June 18, 2012, 07:02 AM
Cricket Savant

^That's right, we're actually more than good enough to teach that skill to everyone else.
Old June 18, 2012, 01:18 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

kothata bandhiye rakha uchit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCup11