facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 23, 2012, 07:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
I have now booked Sonargaon.
Went for a Premier king room .. amar sofay ghumaitey hobey but no upay.
Paid $828 for 4 nights. Registered for their loyalty program and saw the special 7 day advance booking option. Regular rates are $100 more and the 7 day advance isnt visible.
Will be visiting village for 3 nights after this and then come back and stay at a relative's for another 3 nights.
Poor choice. Paying close to 1 k for 4 nights to sleep on couch.

I wouldn't stay in places like this unless somebody else pays for it. Poor poor decision........especially in a place like BD.
Old June 23, 2012, 07:21 PM
Cricket Legend

And why would u take a room withking bed instead of double bed room when u taking ur mother exposes ur decision capability further.
Old June 23, 2012, 07:48 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

crisis to hotel book kore moha bipode porse dekhi...yes i said it: "BIPODE" as in ..in crisis..shudshudu jera korar mane ache idumb bhaia?
The guy you hit? If he got a look at the plates, it won't even take that long. There's no play here. There's no angle, there's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up.
Old June 23, 2012, 09:52 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Paid $828 for 4 nights. Registered for their loyalty program and saw the special 7 day advance booking option. Regular rates are $100 more and the 7 day advance isnt visible.
Will be visiting village for 3 nights after this and then come back and stay at a relative's for another 3 nights.
Rather than sleeping on the sofa, ask the concierge/reception to switch your king-sized bed for two single beds. Most 4-5 star hotels comply with this request at no extra cost. Paying so much for 4 nights stay, might as well get some good night's rest!
Old June 23, 2012, 11:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Rather than sleeping on the sofa, ask the concierge/reception to switch your king-sized bed for two single beds. Most 4-5 star hotels comply with this request at no extra cost. Paying so much for 4 nights stay, might as well get some good night's rest!
ppl like that dont deserve a good night sleep.

actually 200 to 250 per night is a standard payment for just a decent a hotel in major city. but going to bd to spend that amount of money to sleep in a sofa is astoundingly retarded. if you got the money, then you pay for separate big no compromise accomadation. but if you are in a budget then staying like that just to say i stayed in a 5* hotel is just dumb when so many better bettr and cheaper accomadations are available.

i mean why sofa? whats the point ofit being 5 star? lol

this is beyond stupid its like 5* stupid.
Old June 24, 2012, 06:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
mate, if i were in Dhaka, i would have rented out my house (yes full house, not only a room) to you for 4 nights for $500 all services included.
Old June 24, 2012, 06:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Really enjoyed reading Orphy's comments here. I love it when he gets all riled up
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 25, 2012, 03:01 AM
Banned

THERE WERE NO 'TWIN SINGLE BED' ROOMS AVAILABLE. ALL WERE BOOKED!

Even got an e-mail back from the manager to confirm this. And, no, they can't chnage the bed in the room either! Of course, when I reach there, I'll ask them if they can put an extra single bed in the room. Again, this depends on the size of the room.

iDumb, £100/night is an average figure if you are staying in a brand hotel. Paid similar figures when I stayed in Movenpick in Saudi. Le Meridien Saudi also had similar rates.
Old June 25, 2012, 02:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
THERE WERE NO 'TWIN SINGLE BED' ROOMS AVAILABLE. ALL WERE BOOKED!

Even got an e-mail back from the manager to confirm this. And, no, they can't chnage the bed in the room either! Of course, when I reach there, I'll ask them if they can put an extra single bed in the room. Again, this depends on the size of the room.

iDumb, £100/night is an average figure if you are staying in a brand hotel. Paid similar figures when I stayed in Movenpick in Saudi. Le Meridien Saudi also had similar rates.
Really!! Can't believe it's so cheap. Cheapest room in Le Meridian, Dubai will cost you about 250-300 $ if you book direct in the hotel. It can get a bit cheaper through online booking agents. A good 5 star won't generally cost less than that here. Well you might get some barely rated 5 stars around 100-150 $. SA must be cheap... For BD I think 150 $ is fine.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old June 26, 2012, 07:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Really!! Can't believe it's so cheap. Cheapest room in Le Meridian, Dubai will cost you about 250-300 $ if you book direct in the hotel. It can get a bit cheaper through online booking agents. A good 5 star won't generally cost less than that here. Well you might get some barely rated 5 stars around 100-150 $. SA must be cheap... For BD I think 150 $ is fine.
All hail expedia

Movenpick Makkah was £100 when I went last year. Movenpick Medina was £80. Booked Intercontinental Medina and Le Meridien Makkah for aunt and rates were same-ish. I wouldn't class those hotels in Saudi as 5* though. No pool or gym.
Oh, did I forget to mention they had buffet breakfast .. and man .. once you eat that breakfast, you can skip lunch!
Old July 9, 2012, 07:02 PM
Banned

I am back from my short trip.
Pan Pacific Sonargaon was top-notch and very similar to Movenpicks I stayed in. It was right in front of Ekushey TV building and also had Bashundhara shopping mall to the left. Manager gave me a 2 x single bed room Buffet breakfast was also superb and I hogged the breakfast so that lunch wasn't needed. Buffet Dinner was expensive at hotel's own restaurants - Tk 2,250 per person. Mall has KFC.
Mini bar was expensive as expected - coke can - Tk 180 compared to Tk 30 outside. Hotel doesn't allow outside food or drinks, so had to bring these concealed in carrier bags. Location of residence building is also better ( short driveway and then palm trees ) than Westin or Regency, which are located right on top of the roads and noise will definitely reach you.

Would I stay there again? Of course, each and everytime I visit BD!
Old July 9, 2012, 10:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Glad to hear you enjoyed your accommodations!
Old July 9, 2012, 10:31 PM
Administrator

And thanks for reporting back. Always good to get feedback. Helps others. Ye shall give and ye shall receive.
Old July 10, 2012, 12:42 PM
Banned

Thanks Zunaid chacha.

Btw, hotel security is also good as a group of policemen are always present at the gates. Then, you have Ansar at the entrance to the building and you have to go through a metal detector.
There is also a wall next to the reception covered with pics of prime ministers / presidents / important people of foreign countries who have stayed here in the past.
There is also a HSBC cash machine and a couple of clothing shops inside the hotel.
You also get a Quran and a Bible in your room. Alas, no prayer mat. Should have asked reception for one. There is a mini-mosque downstairs as well.
Hotel's restaurants are
Cafe bazar - Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner served here.
Jhorna - Food served here always. Price is expensive - Tk920 for chkn biriyani!
Poolside cafe - BBQ stuff sold here. Dunno where it is
Italian cafe
Bar
Old July 10, 2012, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Any reviews for Quddus Chachar Bhaat Ghor at Dhanmondi 27?
Old October 3, 2013, 12:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: MJ

I am going to BD in 2 weeks and for the 1st time I will not be staying with relatives. Have booked the 1st 3 nights at Pan Pacific Sonargaon, and Crisis's review gives me some confident. Will be going to the country for few days then have 1 week in Dhaka which I haven't reserved yet. Wanted to stay at smaller serviced apartment type places, any recommendations? I have looked at Tropical Daisy, Contemporary Heights Hotel and Platinum suites (can't do it online) but not knowing the area can't tell which would be more convenient location, as the remaining family I have to visit are around Mirpur and Farmgate.
Old October 3, 2013, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
I am going to BD in 2 weeks and for the 1st time I will not be staying with relatives. Have booked the 1st 3 nights at Pan Pacific Sonargaon, and Crisis's review gives me some confident. Will be going to the country for few days then have 1 week in Dhaka which I haven't reserved yet. Wanted to stay at smaller serviced apartment type places, any recommendations? I have looked at Tropical Daisy, Contemporary Heights Hotel and Platinum suites (can't do it online) but not knowing the area can't tell which would be more convenient location, as the remaining family I have to visit are around Mirpur and Farmgate.
Prime, WHY DIDN'T YOU PM ME beforehand ?
Cancel quickly!

1. Become a Global Hotel Alliance member ( it's free ). You can then go to GHA's website and see special rates.
2. One of the managers personally gave me his card. He can get you even cheaper rates.

Be careful of what your relatives think of you. Apparently, in BD, people think that anyone from abroad who stays at a hotel is pleasuring himself with call girls every night!
Old October 3, 2013, 01:40 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Prime, WHY DIDN'T YOU PM ME beforehand ?
Cancel quickly!

1. Become a Global Hotel Alliance member ( it's free ). You can then go to GHA's website and see special rates.
2. One of the managers personally gave me his card. He can get you even cheaper rates.

Be careful of what your relatives think of you. Apparently, in BD, people think that anyone from abroad who stays at a hotel is pleasuring himself with call girls every night!
Old October 3, 2013, 05:12 PM
Club Cricketer

It came in under $500 for 3 nights, not bad I think. And like you, I am going with my mother, so if those sickos want to comment they can go ahead. I will be handling my business in Hotel Love Inn I guess!!! I was showing my mom pictures of some of the hotels and she is like WTF, they look like places for honeymooners with the mood lights. Prime example - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...n.html#HEADING
Old October 3, 2013, 05:20 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
pleasuring himself with call girls
There are call girls now? Wow, things sure has changed.
Old October 3, 2013, 05:22 PM
Club Cricketer

Guess that's better then taking advantage of the servant girls I used to hear about.
Old October 3, 2013, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Used to? Forget used to, iDumb still does.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old October 4, 2013, 02:00 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
I stayed at Sonargaon during March and found it to be quite nice. Don't be shocked at the age and size of the TV though . Platnium Suites is in Banani and in a very good location with access to everything.
Old October 4, 2013, 04:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
It came in under $500 for 3 nights, not bad I think. And like you, I am going with my mother, so if those sickos want to comment they can go ahead. I will be handling my business in Hotel Love Inn I guess!!! I was showing my mom pictures of some of the hotels and she is like WTF, they look like places for honeymooners with the mood lights. Prime example - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...n.html#HEADING
Deluxe Twin
$487

Premier Twin ( with an amazing multi-item Buffet breakfast )
- $576

Pan Pacific also does Airport to Hotel transfers. Shuttle transport is available to and from airport at US$15 per person each way. Security is very tight, with Ansar and Pan Pacific's own security .. and you have to go through metal detectors and also open up your bag/s each time you enter.
Old October 4, 2013, 07:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Used to? Forget used to, iDumb still does.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
yes and asif still uses blackberry... some of us never change, we are born winners....

and how the hell is crisis affording 500 dollars a night hotel in bd....? if i recall correctly once he mentioned he has a whopping 20k in his bank account.... u gonna run out of money crisis...... stop being dumb or oversmart should i say?

listen crisis i know wht u are doing...u are cheaping out on honeymoon trip.....going to fancy bd hotel for hineymoon is a bit tacky bro..... be a little classy...show that londoni class... u have a nice country nrxt door... go to goa, taj, u need non adult pictures and memories of your honeymoon...not just a room, tv, good service and dhaka...(assuming girl u marrying lives in dhaka).....

if i was a girl and somebody married me and i lived in ny and they wanted to take me to a ny place for a honeymoon, i divorce that fool right away yo..... u feel me bro?