facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 18, 2015, 11:21 PM
Banned for 1 week

Default Are you missing Bangladesh team in action?

Right now I am missing Bangladesh cricket action and would love to see some matches of Bangladesh. Most of the Bangladesh fans would love to see lots of cricket in Bangladesh and would love to see Bangladesh in action in the home grounds. Bangladesh is in good form and it would be nice to schedule some matches for Bangladesh in Bangladesh.

If Bangladesh team cannot find any test playing countries, they should at least schedule some Twenty20 and one day matches against two or three associate teams and most of the people would love see their favorite Bangladesh cricket players in action in Bangladesh.
Old August 18, 2015, 11:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Not really.

Everyone needs a "me" time. That is how they can concentrate better when needed. Too much work and no play makes a man dull. They need this time off.
Old August 19, 2015, 12:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

I am.

We shouldn't have 3 series one after another anyways tho. Need to set the calendar right. They do need this time off but again 7 months till you see the next team is a bit too much, that too Zimbabwe.
Old August 19, 2015, 02:23 AM
Cricket Legend

With such activity and positive results, it feels quite empty.

Seems like we haven't cricket in ages.
Old August 19, 2015, 04:11 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,SalmanBut,Asif etc.

Some saying Players need rest...

Then forget about playing 17-18 matches in a year like a 5/6th ranked semi good ODI team. (Which we are right now).
Lets play that 10-12 ODIs..if lucky then 15 matches may be (for WC, Asia Cup years). Like a 9/10th ODI team...
Old August 19, 2015, 02:09 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virat Kohli,Soumya Sarkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithlalm
Right now I am missing Bangladesh cricket action and would love to see some matches of Bangladesh. Most of the Bangladesh fans would love to see lots of cricket in Bangladesh and would love to see Bangladesh in action in the home grounds. Bangladesh is in good form and it would be nice to schedule some matches for Bangladesh in Bangladesh.

If Bangladesh team cannot find any test playing countries, they should at least schedule some Twenty20 and one day matches against two or three associate teams and most of the people would love see their favorite Bangladesh cricket players in action in Bangladesh.
Not much. I am looking forward to Bangladesh series against Australia. Australia is at a low and Bangladesh is at their all-time high. Will be a interesting and closely fought series. Golden opportunity to beat Australia

And I would like to see Bangladesh play some ODIs against teams like Ireland, Scotland, Afghanistan, PNG as well, besides playing loads of ODIs against the big teams like Australia, India, South Africa. After having grown up into a big team, Bangladesh need to support other smaller teams as well and in return ask for more support from the bigger teams
Old August 19, 2015, 02:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mullah,Soumya,Taskin,Must

After Australia its Zimbabwe that too after few months, major downer. I fall asleep even seeing the fixture. BCB has to be more proactive to get more fixtures against teams we don't play billion times per decade
Old August 19, 2015, 06:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Lol, you guys had more cricket in a 2 month period earlier this year than we've had in 4 years

Try being an Associate fan if you find this boring/depressing
Old August 19, 2015, 06:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Lol, you guys had more cricket in a 2 month period earlier this year than we've had in 4 years

I do feel sorry for all associate team. We were like you once.
Old August 19, 2015, 07:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Lol, you guys had more cricket in a 2 month period earlier this year than we've had in 4 years :
We were Associates once. 12 ODIs in our first 11 years. Back then no world cricket league to develop associate cricket.
Old August 19, 2015, 10:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

can someone explain me why we are not having Academy and A-team tours? How about we send a 2nd string BD side to play Associates
Old August 19, 2015, 11:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
can someone explain me why we are not having Academy and A-team tours? How about we send a 2nd string BD side to play Associates
I think we are going to have some tours. Some U-19 players will be included. And we are supposed to tour SA and Zimb if I am not mistaken in September. Also the U-19 team is set to tour sometime. But still, we are playing way too little matches. After the Australian tour a break of 7 months is just UNACCEPTABLE.
Old August 20, 2015, 12:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
I think we are going to have some tours. Some U-19 players will be included. And we are supposed to tour SA and Zimb if I am not mistaken in September. Also the U-19 team is set to tour sometime. But still, we are playing way too little matches. After the Australian tour a break of 7 months is just UNACCEPTABLE.
Uhh you mean after Zim tour? They come in Dec/Jan
Old August 20, 2015, 12:44 AM
Banned for 1 week

I also agree that Bangladesh should be supporting associates teams.
Old August 20, 2015, 02:00 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Bangladesh supports associate teams.
In a match between the ex G8 v associates, Bangladesh would always support the associate team.
So would all Bangladeshis.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 20, 2015, 10:46 PM
Banned for 1 week

I just want Bangladesh to get into the top five in one days and Twenty20 as soon as possible and also want to improve the statics of the Bangladesh players and the number of matches played by the Bangladesh team. I have so much passion for the cricket and some of the players of the Bangladesh team that I do want them to see them again and again on television and see them win matches, take wickets, score runs, field well, and in action.

That is one of the reason that I want Bangladesh to play against associate teams so that I can see them play more matches and see them in action. I am just mad about cricket and love watching the matches seeing wickets taken, runs scored, ball hitting the bat, etc. I do not care with which team Bangladesh is playing, but only the team does very well in the field. May be just too much passion for the cricket game.

Bangladesh Premier League is something that I am waiting to watch and hope to see the matches as soon as possible.
Old August 20, 2015, 10:49 PM
Banned for 1 week

I think I should stop asking for more matches as I have been doing it a lot here in the forum. One of the reasons that I did in multiple threads is that I thought that some of the Bangladesh cricket board members might notice it and might schedule more matches and lots of action of cricket would come for the Bangladesh team. Hope to see them play matches soon.
Old August 21, 2015, 04:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I am not missing much but what I missed is amount of play wasted by rain. We don't get much time to play test and recently we got some chance to play but all gone vain.