facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 24, 2015, 03:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

I haven't seen a whole heap of anamul keeping other than some u19 footage and whilst he looked ok in that, keeping in test matches is a far different ball game, he certainly wasn't overly impressive from what I've seen.
Old May 24, 2015, 04:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
IMO, in terms of keeping, Mushy=Anamul. Jey lau, shey kodu.
But, if that makes Mushy a Better captain and Batsman, why not have a similar Lau/Kadu as keeper nothing to lose then

As far as I have seen Anamul, he isn't a bad keeper; if he is taken as the keeper, I'm sure he will improve a lot with time. He has a better reach than Mushy and he has good work ethics, he works hard in anything you give him. Improving in wicket keeping is a lot easier than improving batting ... I wouldn't mind trying Anamul there.

Then if you want, you can gradually push mushy a bit high up in batting order and bring Anamul a bit lower in 4/5 .. In test matches off course. Let Anamul concentrate on Tests alone like Mominul..

Last edited by BANFAN; May 24, 2015 at 06:14 AM..
Old May 24, 2015, 05:40 AM
Test Cricketer

No sarkar at Test please.
Old May 24, 2015, 01:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

If Mushfiqur is captain and keeping, he should bat no earlier than #6.
Old May 24, 2015, 01:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
No sarkar at Test please.
I used to think this way too, I think if he works on his temperament and shot selection than he can be a force to be reckoned with in world cricket across formats.
Old May 24, 2015, 01:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: #75,Taz,Mush,Tigers

He needs to bat after Mominul.

But that's a wrong move because you'll keep on sending left hander one after the other.
Old May 24, 2015, 02:13 PM
BC Editorial Team

A guy who has the lazy elegance of Inzy at times and definitely does not seem hurried (even on the Aussie / Kiwi pitches). A guy who can snaffle sharp catches at slip or the deep. A guy who can give you more than handy swinging medium pace. He should ABSOLUTELY be persisted with all forms. He will sort out how to play longer innings soon enough as he has TIK, Mushy, Riyadh to learn from as well as Hathuri. SS, I hope will be here for the next ten years.
Old May 24, 2015, 02:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Abul Hasan

Soumya absolutely SHOULD NOT play Tests atm. Have said this like for umpteenth time. Going to say this over and over again because I dont want such a special guy like Soumya to be faded away.
Old May 24, 2015, 03:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Soumya Sarkar will destroy India! his shots are awesome. hoping for big things ahead.

He should be persisted with in Test at no.7, that is where he can learn his trade..

It is not like others will do better than him batting at that position.

We only need to sort out the bowling unit for test (No.8,9,10,11), unit that can produce 20wkts.
Old Yesterday, 02:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
Is He GOOD Enough...

He is only elegent but lack technic big time.
Like Kapali or Ashraful.
His list A avarage is 31. He played in 2012,13 DPL scored no 100 avaraging 26/27.
Suddenly one season success and selectors picked him straight ignoring litton Das(top scorer),Rony Talukdar and others. They performed more well and also did good in previous matches too not one season wonder. Actually even if you consider 14/15 league Soumya was 3rd or 4th maybe and Rony(1st) and litton Das(2nd). So I was furious about that and thought Soumya has relatives in BCB.. But after I saw him play in ZIM series where he scored 20 of 17 I could understand why coach and selecters were so interested about him. Bcoz he owzes class which I didn't see in BD players after Kapali or Ashraful.
But he have major temperament issue to deal with. He don't have any idea when to go for it. He seems clueless at the start of his innings. Even I can see he trys to play too often in off side but play horrible in leg side. Soon all will figure out that. Like all did in domestic already. That's why he hasn't scored a single 100 playing 60+ FC matches ! against guys like BD general domestic players. Our FC is poor. Even under 19 players aging 17/18 can be in 11. Also guys like Hom,Ayub scores tons even Tushar Imran in his comeback scored a 100 in last season. Really a horrible stat with avarage of 27. Isn't it strange for a elegant player like him.
So only elegence will not win you anything. You need proper work ethic and most importantly proper mentality to handle it. That Ashraful and Kapali lacked. You see guys like Shakib with medicore unorthodox technic is comparatively more successfull. Also Bijoy and previous Nafees did better than Ashraful despite lack of elegence. Actually in BD players they have poor technic and good temperament or good technic and horribly poor temperament.
My previous experience with over hyped elegent players are not good. So I can only hope Soumya can change his MIND but I don't see it at least for now..
I hope Litton Das or Shadman Islam Anik is different. I hope he is not a dommestic bully and offer good performance in future. We really need a world class batsman in our side who can go for a big. Tamim and Mushfiq are good. But I am talking about being in top 5 in ICC rankings and who owzes class and elegence.
Quoting my own Post few days ago.
Our most 'elegant batsman' since Ash scored a DUCK in NCL today.
Must say again only 'Elegance' can't win you anything that too even in domestics. He(Soumya) has been a major failure since his debut in Domestic. Only one semi good season can't change that fact.
He lacks temperament, Leg side strokes and most importantly the game plan.
Very wrong mindset. OMG he looks like Ash and talks like him too. Maybe his mindset is also like Ash. That mean wait for another talent failure in future...

Go TIGERS GO...
Old Yesterday, 02:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Must say again only 'Elegance' can't win you anything that too even in domestics. He(Soumya) has been a major failure since his debut in Domestic. Only one semi good season can't change that fact.
Very wrong mindset. OMG he looks like Ash and talks like him too. Maybe his mindset is also like Ash. That mean wait for another talent failure in future...
lol. Atleast wait for him to fail in a ODI
Old Today, 12:24 PM
Cricket Sage

OMG... Ashraful has two legs, two eyes and a nose and so does SS.

OMG... what a similarity... SS must be a failure like Ashraful...

OMG... ekhon ki kori?
Old Today, 12:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:
Soumya 75*. Now say that domestic lacks quality :p
Old Today, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Sab/Som/Mas/Rub

Quote:
wow.. give the boy some time to settle down,, just the guy has eneterd into national team and already made a big impact on ODI. Be patient you will see him doing equally good in test too. He is in learning process, as a smart player like him will adjust himself soon as possible in test format too. Today he scored 75 notout, other day a duck but these are the part of batsman's life. Good thing is that he got good technique, now he needs temperament which will come through playing more games, not by not playing games.
Old Today, 02:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Soumya does look like a tall bharshon of Sirji
Old Today, 05:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Still need to be careful of him, this is only his first good season really, maybe he's matured or maybe it's just a purple patch, remember Marshall ayub? Hopefully he has a good work ethic and he can not just maintain this new found consistency but improve. What's certain though, whether he performs or not, he did not earn his test call up.
Old Today, 05:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Soumya is an exciting prospect but no way he deserves a place in the test side before someone like Nasir in the late middle order. If he should be persisted then only at the top.
He needs to play more FC.
Old Today, 06:51 PM
Cricket Guru

I guess the consensus now is that Soumya is a long term Test prospect(all formats), but right now he needs to play more longer version games. I am completely fine with that.
Old Today, 07:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Soumya does look like a tall bharshon of Sirji
Ashraful Obesession Disorder Syndrom(or it's residue effects): it affects more or less each and every Bangladeshi long-term cricket follower in some form or another.

To me his best innings was 190 against Sri Lanka in the Galle Test match(the amount of application, maturity, patience shown in that innings from someone like him who has history) really surprised me. Too bad, shortly after he got banned.
Old Today, 07:35 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Wow what an eulogy for him. Goodbye Soumia
Old Today, 08:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
A guy who has the lazy elegance of Inzy at times and definitely does not seem hurried (even on the Aussie / Kiwi pitches). A guy who can snaffle sharp catches at slip or the deep. A guy who can give you more than handy swinging medium pace. He should ABSOLUTELY be persisted with all forms. He will sort out how to play longer innings soon enough as he has TIK, Mushy, Riyadh to learn from as well as Hathuri. SS, I hope will be here for the next ten years.
Yes, Soumya is one of the most talented bats we've produced in a while. You can't coach that. He is a must for all 3 formats and should be given ampe time to prove himself.

He is only 21-22...he can play another 15 years if he stays fit.

Need to kick that useless Hom out.
Old Today, 08:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I guess the consensus now is that Soumya is a long term Test prospect(all formats), but right now he needs to play more longer version games. I am completely fine with that.
Well I'd say he's a potential test prospect just like many other batsmen. Guys like liton, anamul, mosaddek, shadman however are also long term prospects and they are performing now and have been performed better than soumya. you can add nasir, sabbir, asif ahmed, tasamul haque, as well as majid and maybe rony. I'm sure here are others to but certainly he is a prospect but there should be a line given how others have been performing consistently. Soumya jumped the line.
Old Today, 09:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Well I'd say he's a potential test prospect just like many other batsmen. Guys like liton, anamul, mosaddek, shadman however are also long term prospects and they are performing now and have been performed better than soumya. you can add nasir, sabbir, asif ahmed, tasamul haque, as well as majid and maybe rony. I'm sure here are others to but certainly he is a prospect but there should be a line given how others have been performing consistently. Soumya jumped the line.
His Performance in ODIs have influenced the selectors to pick him in test matches. One of FARUK Ahmed Gambles, that didn't work. I hope he corrects himself, instead of being egoistic & keep pursuing with SS, to prove by the end of 21st century that he was right Mistakes can happen, but that needs to be corrected fast ...