facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 31, 2015, 07:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Great great interview.

Hopefully ten years we can comeback here and feel proud that this was where greatness started, and we have been there
Old August 1, 2015, 12:38 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Nice reading.

A touch of boldness, a touch of humility, a touch of vulnerability, a touch of intelligence, a touch of recognition of reality and upcoming hard work, a touch of setting goal post higher, a touch of recognition not to sound like too arrogant, a touch of breath of fresh air..... I like it.... I like all of it.
Okay. A touch of eveything! :P
Old August 3, 2015, 10:07 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,SalmanBut,Asif etc.

Haturushinghe on Soumya Sarkar and how he show his talent despite Sarkar's bad domestic performances.

Q.There is a new wave of players in the Bangladesh team. Tell us what you saw in someone like Soumya Sarkar before his international debut.
He has been a match-winner for us, isn't it?

Ans. He is world-class. I saw him once scoring just 13 runs one day, here at this ground. I just came here for a practice game. They were playing an organised game and I was just walking around the ground when I saw him batting. There were two shots that gave me some idea.

I think he just played one dab between point and gully. It was just a tap against a fast bowler, I think it was Rubel, for four runs. In the same match, he took a catch at slip. I mean, that's enough for me to understand how high his ceiling is compared to some of the other players I have seen. From that day onwards I have been telling selectors. I actually asked them to pick him for the whole Zimbabwe series [in December 2014]. He only played the last game.

One of my strengths is to spot talent. I see a role for him. I will probably go and get it. I know he can make a difference in the team.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...05935.html#all
Old August 3, 2015, 01:50 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara, Mike Atherton

Soumya surely has that touch of Lara on his taps and flashes outside off....people tend to compare him more with Sourav, but IMHO Soumya is more Lara-ish....