facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 19, 2002, 03:00 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default The Army...

getting involved in clearing out crime in the country just gave me an idea....
Why don't we have an Army man as BCB Supremo...may be he can then ensure discipline and the focus that the board needs...I think Gen. Zia is doing a fab job for our Pakistani counterparts...what do you think?

Old October 19, 2002, 10:19 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

How about simply getting Saber???
Old October 19, 2002, 11:59 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default Saber

Last time I checked, Saber belongs to the other side of the fence. The sangsad sadly is not run by regular folks like you and me who would pick the right man/woman for the right job without looking into his/her party affiliation.

[Edited on 19-10-2002 by tehsin]
Old October 19, 2002, 03:09 PM
Street Cricketer

Default CEO

How about hiring somebody like CEO, who will ovesee the BCB,He will run everything prfessionally ,should not have affiliation with any political party.

Old October 19, 2002, 09:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Default mismanagement

it's hard to imagine how the country fell into such disarray. nations that have long civil wars end up with similar mismanagement, corruption and breakdown. there is a dire need for professional management not just in cricket or football, but just about everything. i hear the army is torturing people they are picking up. i guess that is needed, but who knows where this leads to...
Old October 20, 2002, 03:30 PM
Banned

Army = 1975

This is what scares Tehsin Mian.
Old October 20, 2002, 03:59 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Army = 1975 ?

You lost me brother. If you assumed something about my political affiliation - you are in for a BIG surprise.

Besides, I thought majority of Bangladeshis were relieved in 75, if you know what I mean. It's the 1980 that made people sad. However, after that, some stopped caring about who in power.

Does that help in understanding my stance on our political parties ?

(If it's still unclear then try this - if I were given command of the armed forces, MOST politicians would be seeing RED at this moments no matter WHICH party they belong too)
Old October 20, 2002, 04:47 PM
Street Cricketer

Default politics

Mr. Newbie trying to inject politics in this cricket forum.

Tehsin I totally agree with your comment about 1975 and 1980.
Old October 20, 2002, 05:31 PM
Banned

Mr. Saber arrested by army. Who are u for now Tehsin.
Old October 20, 2002, 05:59 PM
Street Cricketer

Default so what

so what army arrested hundreds of BNP leaders also.May be under his leadreship we achieved test status, does not certify he is "dhoa tulshi pata"!
Old October 20, 2002, 11:11 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Hmmmmmmmmmm

Interesting. Why this 'sudden interest' in my interest.

The SHEEP mentality is a common mentality among many people. They HAVE TO belong to a certain GROUP or have others associated with certain groups for them to make sense of the world.

You tell them that something with "no matter WHICH party they belong too" and they still have the dazed deer look in their eyes and they hear themselve repeat ...
Ofcourse, some just love the sound of their own voice so much it's harder for them communicate effectively with others.

As far as I know, I never said Saber was a 'Saint', heck, we are talking about Bangladesh here, the most corrupt according to a latest news (not to mention the 'most GAYE PORA') report.

My question is - what is it to you ? If you are really interested to know. Leave an address of a political message board and I will come in and voice my opinion. Talk cricket here and the only time we get political is when cricket is concerned.

Just remembered something. Last night Senator John McCain was on SNL. In one of th segment, he came in as himself and was being interviewed by the actor playing a political show host. No matter what McCain said, the host put a TWIST on on and always brought up the same question - So, you are running for President in 2004. I feel the same way too, no matter what I say, I'd be facing the same TERA question - So (duh) you are saying that you support BAL/BNP ?

(did you even understand what I meant by this - if I were given command of the armed forces, MOST politicians would be seeing RED at this moment - or do I need to dumb it down not which would be hard cause it sound pretty simple to me. *wink*)

Have a great day and enjoy the cricket - the cricketers finally did our country proud. Wait, what ? What do I think of the government now that the players have scored 200+ runs ?
Old October 21, 2002, 12:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default wow!

some heated exchange this....I don't want to be caught in the crossfire but...I just wanted to welcome Shoikoth to the board...dude! we just talk cricket here...:P politics is avoided at all costs....so chill man! and hope you have a fun time on the board
Old October 21, 2002, 01:05 AM
Cricket Legend

tehsin, you're over-reacting, man, don't worry about it. btw, half the people who read "i thought most people were happy over 1975" (i paraphrase) will either be upset that you said that or simply conclude your research was not that scientific. so best to stay away from condoning any murders but simply stick to bashing the politics of those who were murdered. I think you have made a good choice to not support either party. but, no worries, let's stick to cricket.

hey shoikoth, are you the dude who came into the board a couple of months ago and began yelling about people here being a bunch of whining jerks (I paraphrase again). if so, what's up, why the return appearance? if not, sorry, wrong guy.
Old October 21, 2002, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

"I thought majority of Bangladeshis were relieved in 75" = Now THAT could be a classic example of SHEEP mentality. Military'r juju boroi bhoionkor. :P
Old October 21, 2002, 02:01 AM
Club Cricketer

Can you lot all cut the politics out- its boring. Bangladesh is always gonna be corrupt and will never change.

We got over 200 runs and u lot talk about politics.

Also the only great thing about 1975 was that I was born in that year!!!
Old October 21, 2002, 03:58 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default 1975

Most people were happy in the Runtings household in 1975.

1975 - A crime was commited. Innocent bloods were shed. Could have been avoided. A discussion worthy of a board that discusses POLITICS. I admit (since I am not into politics, it's easier for me to admit and realize) that MOST was a very WRONG choice of word as the (my) focus was on only a couple of those lives and it sure ain't Sheikh Mujib (translation - he paid for others). I know better not to make useless comments but guess what - I'm human. Just disturbs me when some folks think that they got your number (based on their own limitations no less).

2002 - 231 reasons so far to be happy. I was hoping for 250 reasons but hey, I'll take that 231 any day. (Hold on - 252 REASONS to be happy)

Arnab - I know a lot of independent folks and my thoughts were mostly based on a third party look at the situation. It's the OTHER herd. By the way, Shoikath kinda reminds me of you. *wink*
Old October 21, 2002, 05:39 AM
Cricket Legend

And you kinda remind me of the expression "tilke taal banano"
Old October 21, 2002, 10:40 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Using the army

What we need is the army to guard Rokon and Golla during the opening overs so no ball can get thru their defences. Also need a few servicemen behind the stumps so any nicks from these two can be intercepted before the slip fielders grab them.

We also need the army to seal off the boundary area when we're bowling so that Monju/Tapash and Talha's gentle medium pacers aren't dispatched thru the boundary.

Finally, when Sumon has reached his fifty, we need the servicemen to go guard him for a while so that he doesn't get out immediately.
Old October 21, 2002, 02:23 PM
Banned

I nominate Handle's posting for "Post of the month."
Old October 22, 2002, 12:01 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Good use

The army will need special training and will have months of nightmares in the following days but for the greater good of cricket, I think it's about time we push HANDLE's ideas to the Gov't.
Old October 22, 2002, 12:04 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Arnab ... :)

Interesting how much you and Shoikath have in common. I feel like I am seeing doubles here.
Darn, if only we were a cricket recruiter interested in my cricket skills - I'd be on my way to making my first class debut this season. *sigh*
ANyone know any surefire way to get into one of the six first class isdes ? Since I am from Chatga, I'd probably have to bribe CJKS to put me in the team or something.
Old October 22, 2002, 01:13 AM
Cricket Legend

I am confused. Who the %^* is this shoikoth you keep referring to? How come I sound like him? I remember you comparing me a few months ago with some other "upodrob" poster whose name I can't remember. WTF? Reading too much "National Enquirer" lately?

[Edited on 22-10-2002 by Arnab]
Old October 22, 2002, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Default What\'s with the agro?!?!?!?

Can we tone down the political rhetoric, and quit the scathing personal attacks please. Do Bangalis always have to fight about useless things? What does it matter which political party you support? I would kindly suggest that you guys kiss and make up. And for heaven's sake, let's talk cricket.

PS I generally support the AL, so yes, Saber's arrest does dampen my mood. But he may well be guilty of several crimes (as are most politicians in our country), so let's not get too emotional about it.

[Edited on 22-10-2002 by Shubho]
Old October 22, 2002, 10:30 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

The current leader of Chittagong team is Akram.

Tehsin bhai, bring him to dallas, take him to one of those chinease all you can eat buffet.

That will surely get you in.
Old October 22, 2002, 10:30 PM
Banned

Tehsin, buy him (Akram) a 7 day free pass to Al-Markaz..and you're in the team.