facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old June 26, 2012, 06:02 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
You have no idea bro!!
There was also a documentary on it... not sure where to look for it now..
I have spent enough time and enough connected to Afg to challenge that documentary if that says so.

Can you please put up that documentary? I can tell you where that was shot and what's true and what has been acted to show.... Jalalabad is the neighboring province of Peshawar, which is basically an area, you can't say who is an Afghan and who is a Pakistani... And if a documentary is based on JB .. Picture may look 180 opposite to the rest of the country, due to the presence of Pakistanis...Yet you won't see cricket being played that much even close to any small district town of BD.

I was watching some of these world cup qualifiers in Kabul with Afghans, I had to explain the game to all of them several times and they were feeling that they have become almost world champ, I had to explain what these qualifiers were for. I asked them, ok now seriously can you tell me who is an afghan and who is a Pakistani in this team? they just went through the names and gave me the Afghans... They were laughing, but they were enjoying that Afg is playing and beating the European countries... They even don't know cricket rankings... They are more happy beating Holland than beating BD/zimbabwe..or beating USA than beating Srilanka.... Such is the situation at this moment. It's not a minority I'm talking about, I'm talking about a massive majority. Well they might defy the conventional wisdom of development formulas... But that's what is the reallity... Ideally, I don't think this game has a long term future in Afg.
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old June 27, 2012, 03:19 PM
PathanAFG PathanAFG is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 26, 2010
Posts: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I have spent enough time and enough connected to Afg to challenge that documentary if that says so.

Can you please put up that documentary? I can tell you where that was shot and what's true and what has been acted to show.... Jalalabad is the neighboring province of Peshawar, which is basically an area, you can't say who is an Afghan and who is a Pakistani... And if a documentary is based on JB .. Picture may look 180 opposite to the rest of the country, due to the presence of Pakistanis...Yet you won't see cricket being played that much even close to any small district town of BD.

I was watching some of these world cup qualifiers in Kabul with Afghans, I had to explain the game to all of them several times and they were feeling that they have become almost world champ, I had to explain what these qualifiers were for. I asked them, ok now seriously can you tell me who is an afghan and who is a Pakistani in this team? they just went through the names and gave me the Afghans... They were laughing, but they were enjoying that Afg is playing and beating the European countries... They even don't know cricket rankings... They are more happy beating Holland than beating BD/zimbabwe..or beating USA than beating Srilanka.... Such is the situation at this moment. It's not a minority I'm talking about, I'm talking about a massive majority. Well they might defy the conventional wisdom of development formulas... But that's what is the reallity... Ideally, I don't think this game has a long term future in Afg.
What you referee to is People on both side of a line that we do not accept it, it was put by the British to divide Afghans (Pathans). We cross it as we wish, we are families, and don't give a damn for Pakistan.

You can't really call a pathan a pakistani. a pakistani is apunjabi a sindhi not a pathan. Why do you think we've this bad relation with Pakistan? We were the only country in UN to vote against creation of Pakistan. The land, the people are ours, the contract on the durnad-line with the British finished when British india fell apart.


Besides, cricket is popular among Pathans, that's why many don't know about cricket in Kabul. But it's spreading fast

Here is the doc.. you want to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKdpyPpX2_U
you can find it online

Also every single of our players from U-16 till senior team are Afghans, and they are Afghans from inside Afghanistan not the Pakistan occupied part. I'm Cousin to the former captain Raees Ahmadzai. We belong to the Logar province, a small neighbouring province to Kabul, most of the players, both youth and senior are from our province. Then Khost, which is a neighbouring Province to us also has quite a few players in the national team. It's the place where most of the Zadran and Mangal tribe lives followed by Jalalabad which is the capital of Nangrahar province.

So which of our players do you want to know about?
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old June 27, 2012, 03:49 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathanAFG
What you referee to is People on both side of a line that we do not accept it, it was put by the British to divide Afghans (Pathans). We cross it as we wish, we are families, and don't give a damn for Pakistan.

You can't really call a pathan a pakistani. a pakistani is apunjabi a sindhi not a pathan. Why do you think we've this bad relation with Pakistan? We were the only country in UN to vote against creation of Pakistan. The land, the people are ours, the contract on the durnad-line with the British finished when British india fell apart.


Besides, cricket is popular among Pathans, that's why many don't know about cricket in Kabul. But it's spreading fast

Here is the doc.. you want to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKdpyPpX2_U
you can find it online

Also every single of our players from U-16 till senior team are Afghans, and they are Afghans from inside Afghanistan not the Pakistan occupied part. I'm Cousin to the former captain Raees Ahmadzai. We belong to the Logar province, a small neighbouring province to Kabul, most of the players, both youth and senior are from our province. Then Khost, which is a neighbouring Province to us also has quite a few players in the national team. It's the place where most of the Zadran and Mangal tribe lives followed by Jalalabad which is the capital of Nangrahar province.

So which of our players do you want to know about?
Welcome to BC ..where are you currently living? If you don't mind me asking...

Yes, I agree with you about Pathans on both side of border and their is virtually no border. I travelled by road through khyber pass, not less than six times... (Tokham-Landikotal) I have seen it myself. That's what I mentioned too. I have come across several Pakistanis ...infact Almost all Pathans I met who holds Pakistani passport, also had an Afghan Tazkera (ID)
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; June 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old June 28, 2012, 03:40 PM
PathanAFG PathanAFG is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 26, 2010
Posts: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Welcome to BC ..where are you currently living? If you don't mind me asking...

Yes, I agree with you about Pathans on both side of border and their is virtually no border. I travelled by road through khyber pass, not less than six times... (Tokham-Landikotal) I have seen it myself. That's what I mentioned too. I have come across several Pakistanis ..infact Almost all Pfathans I met who holds Pakistani passport, also had an Afghan Tazkera (ID)
Thanks a lot, I'm doing my MA in Denmark (first year, will return fro Ramdhan inshallah. It's very much possible, those you've met has both, esp. people from Waziristan, Khyber etc.. In Afghanistan we've always allowed them to have Afghan ID., as they are Afghans according to our constitution. In fact before the wars, Kabul was a land of opportunity for them. But again, just because those you've met holds both doesn't mean the rest of them, some 50 , also have .

because that's not the case. Some of the refuges who had some kind of powerful connections or any kind of talent were allowed to have their ID.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old June 28, 2012, 11:52 PM
max410's Avatar
max410 max410 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 22, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: many ..
Posts: 524

well played AFganistan but we should have played better
__________________
GO TIGERS!!!!! \m/
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old June 29, 2012, 04:55 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,926

ব্যর্থতার কারণ অনুসন্ধানে বিসিবির জরুরী সভা


Quote:
বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি) গত ছয় মাসে অনেকগুলো জরুরী বৈঠক করেছে। তার কোনোটিই অগুরুত্বপূর্ণ ছিলো না। ১ জুলাই আরেকটি জরুরী সভা হবে, তার গুরুত্ব আগেরগুলোর চেয়েও বেশি।

যুব এশিয়া কাপে অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ দলের যাচ্ছে তাই পারফরমেন্সের হেতু উদ্ধারে আলোচনায় বসবেন বিসিবির কর্মকর্তারা। নীতিনির্ধারকগণ চুলচেড়া বিশ্লেষণ করে পরবর্তী করণীয় ঠিক করবেন। কারণ সামনে অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ বিশ্বকাপ হবে অস্ট্রেলিয়ায়।

এসিসি অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ ক্রিকেট টুর্নামেন্টে বাংলাদেশ দল প্রথম ম্যাচে দুর্বল কাতারকে কুপোকাত করলেও পরে শ্রীলঙ্কা এবং আফগানিস্তানের কাছে হেরে গ্রুপ পর্ব থেকে বিদায় নেয়। শ্রীলঙ্কার কাছে হার নিয়ে আপত্তি নেই। তাই বলে আফগানিস্তানের কাছে পরাজয়!

বিসিবির কর্তাব্যক্তিরা মালয়েশিয়াতে উপস্থিত থেকে তাদের ছেলেদের খেলা দেখেছেন। আফগানিস্তানের বিপক্ষে খেলা দেখে লজ্জাই পেয়েছেন আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল, গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন লিপু। বিসিবির ভারপ্রাপ্ত প্রধান নির্বাহী কর্মকর্তা নিজামউদ্দিন চৌধুরীও ছিলেন মালয়েশিয়ায়।

যুব দলের এমন পারফরমেন্সে একটা লাভ অবশ্য হয়েছে। ঘুম থেকে জেগে উঠেছেন বিসিবি কর্মকর্তারা। তারা হয়তো গেম ডেভলপমেন্টকে ঢেলে সাজাতে চেষ্টা করবেন। জানুয়ারিতে ইংল্যান্ড যুব দলের বিপক্ষে সিরিজ খেলার পর কোনো প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচের আয়োজন করতে পারেনি গেম ডেভলপমেন্ট। শ্রীলঙ্কা দলের ঢাকায় আসার কথা থাকলেও তারা মানা করে দেয়। আসলে বিভিন্ন দেশের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করে যুব দলের ট্যুরের ব্যবস্থা করার দায়িত্ব গেম ডেভলপমেন্ট ম্যানেজারের। কিন্তু ভারপ্রাপ্ত ম্যানেজার নাজমুল আবেদীন তা করতে পারেননি। যে কোচের ওপর দলের দায়িত্ব দেওয়া হয়েছে তিনিও ব্যর্থ হয়েছেন।

বোর্ডের একজন পরিচালক বাংলানিউজকে মোবাইলফোনে বলেছেন, ‘কোনো কিছু ভালো ভাবে চলেনি। যাকে ম্যানেজারের দায়িত্ব দেওয়া হয়েছে তিনি আসলে ব্যর্থ। ওখানে একজন ভালো যোগ্য লোক দিতে হবে।


http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...28095403122835


+++++++++++++++
at least they doing something but what is the point??? they need to hire some decent coach for these kids. you don't expect them to be the champ of Asia by hiring some unknown coaches and trainers.

Need a completely new management before the WC including a foreign coach otherwise we r doomed!!!
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old June 29, 2012, 05:21 AM
playmaker playmaker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 21, 2012
Location: Chittagong
Favorite Player: every quality cricketer
Posts: 2,687

^^



What the BCB can do by SEARCHING? Do they even know the meaning of UNUSHONDHAN? BCB needs to understand the whole plot, the team management, the practice and all this stuffs and not simply whatever happened in the tour itself...classic BCB
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old June 29, 2012, 05:30 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,383

Its a media eyewash by BCB, nothing else.
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old June 29, 2012, 12:30 PM
CricketPagolChele's Avatar
CricketPagolChele CricketPagolChele is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 24, 2006
Location: Texas,USA
Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur
Posts: 494

By the way, this match was unofficial (AFG does not have ODI status I guess), so it wont hurt our win/lost ratio but its a wake up call .
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old June 29, 2012, 01:32 PM
zinatf's Avatar
zinatf zinatf is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 1, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee
Posts: 4,663

McInnes sell all your belongings sooner(he has already put up stuff to sell ) and come SOON please!
__________________
jitsi jitsi jitsi
Reply With Quote
  #511  
Old June 30, 2012, 01:05 AM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 7,323

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
McInnes sell all your belongings sooner(he has already put up stuff to sell ) and come SOON please!
Could you please just buy those stuff quickly so that he can come soon?
I'd buy those had I been rich.
__________________
Nevermind
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old June 30, 2012, 02:54 AM
zinatf's Avatar
zinatf zinatf is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 1, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee
Posts: 4,663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Could you please just buy those stuff quickly so that he can come soon?
I'd buy those had I been rich.
Poisha den....kine nibo
__________________
jitsi jitsi jitsi
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket