facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 9, 2012, 11:04 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Wait, this just clicked me. You guys are all praising him now. But if I recall half the people here didn't like the move and didn't a Pakistani coach. Because apparently Pakistanis would be a bad influence. SMH.
Old December 9, 2012, 11:10 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
BCB advised Saqlain Mushtaq to go back home after this series.But has chance to return back if his contract extends.Cricketers praised highly of him for technical & mental support.Fielding coach Jason Swift is also set to go back home. http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...09091850157079
That's the end of Saqlain I guess. "Chance to return" - not happening. I am sure it would be something like JF case.

We are efficient at kicking off people who are really good, professional and well-wishers.

Looking forward to seeing that I am wrong.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old December 9, 2012, 11:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Great! Shiwft deserve to go home but SM? what are you smoking BCB? players should do a petition to keep SM
Old December 9, 2012, 11:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
BCB advised Saqlain Mushtaq to go back home after this series.But has chance to return back if his contract extends.Cricketers praised highly of him for technical & mental support.Fielding coach Jason Swift is also set to go back home. http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...09091850157079
Oh my God! Is BCB serious? I mean I was pretty sure he would get an extension. Instead they are sending him back? This confirms it, BCB is run by a group of retards. I wish Saber hussein was back. If it was him, he wouldn't have let this gem of a coach leave. Actually I think even Lotus would've made sure to keep him. Papon only wants to do politics.

We need this guy on the Srilanka tour more than anything else and if BCB was smart they could've made him run a camp with young spinners from the age groups. With Saqlain by his side Gazi was sure to go from strength to strength.
Old December 9, 2012, 11:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
সাকালাইনের সঙ্গে বিসিবি ফের চুক্তিতে যেতেও পারে। বিসিবি মিডিয়া কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান জালাল ইউনুস এমন একটা ইঙ্গিতও দিলেন, ‘তাঁকে আপাতত দেশে ফিরে যেতে বলা হয়েছে। বোর্ডে আলাপ আলোচনাকরে একটা সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া হবে। তাঁর সঙ্গেও কথা বলার বিষয় আছে।’

এসব বিবেচনায় নিয়ে স‍াকলাইনকে পরবর্তীতে নিয়ে আসতে পারে বিসিবি। বাংলাদেশের সঙ্গে কাজ করতে সাকলাইনেরও কোন আপত্তি নেই, ‘আমাকে এখনও বোর্ড কিছু বলেনি। যদি বলে তাহলে আলাপ আলোচনা করে দেখব কীভাবে আসা যায়।’

সাকলাইনের ফিরে আসার যেমন সম্ভাবনা আছে তেমনি ফিল্ডিং কোচ জেসন সুইফটের বিদায়টাও নিশ্চিতবিসিবি বোর্ড সভায় তাকে না রাখার ব্যাপারেই সিদ্ধান্ত হয়েছে বলে জানান জালাল ইউনুসট্রেনার গ্র্যান্ট লুডেনও বোধহয় চলে যাবেন। চার মাস দায়িত্ব পালনের পর রিচার্ড পাইবাসও চলে গেছেন। এদিক থেকে জাতীয় দলের কোচিং স্টাফে একটা বড়সর পরিবর্তনই আসতে যাচ্ছে।
Damn! GL has been with the team for a long time. hope he stays. getting rid of swift is a very gd move.

Quote:
পাইবাস চলে যাওয়ায় বোলিং কোচ শেন জার্গেনসেন আপতকালীন প্রধান কোচের দায়িত্ব পালন করছেন। তাঁর অধীনেই ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের বিপক্ষে ওয়ানডে সিরিজ ৩-২ এ জিতেছে বাংলাদেশ। তাই বলে তাঁকেই প্রধান কোচ করা হবে এমনটা ভাবার কোনই কারণ নেই। শিগগিরই হয়তো নতুন কোচের সন্ধানে নামবে বিসিবি
Old December 9, 2012, 11:27 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

BCC: our spinners have learned everything, they memorized everything, we also recored every move Saq made and we will just reuse those. Why waste extra money.

I hope Saq and GL stays. I like that GL guy. (Who was our previous phsyo? The one with curly hair, the one before this Singh guy?)
Old December 9, 2012, 11:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
That's the end of Saqlain I guess. "Chance to return" - not happening. I am sure it would be something like JF case.

We are efficient at kicking off people who are really good, professional and well-wishers.

Looking forward to seeing that I am wrong.
I'm sure Saqlayn will be back before SL series...well no confirmed source but logically, I feel that should happen..... I don't think Saqlayn had a reasonable time with Gazi yet. Might have been dishing out some advises...Because he got Gazi only a few days before this series and I don't think that was enough to develop any new skill in him....

.. he needs to do some serious skill development exercises/activities with Gazi..... And off course other spinners...
Old December 9, 2012, 11:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

saqlain always had a winner mentality, he never accepted a defeat until the last ball of a game. perhaps that was something the BD payers were learning from him as well as some spin and bowling and some batting in which saqlain also had decent competency.

we should keep saqlain ....
Old December 9, 2012, 12:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
They are not confirming anything right now mainly because they don't know who they are hiring as a head coach. Beside now players will go for a break and than BPL will start. So I'm guessing they want to take their time and start looking for a head coach and than get the support staff. Which is fine I guess, but I hope they don't take forever. Saqlain might just resign with a different team.

I'm afraid that BCB will wait till as late as they possibly can before getting a head coach right before the SL series which takes place in March. I would love to see BCB decide on a coach and the the support staff by the end of January, or early february. That way right after BPL players can take a week or 2 off and than the coaches can ge to work.
Old December 9, 2012, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
BCC: our spinners have learned everything, they memorized everything, we also recored every move Saq made and we will just reuse those. Why waste extra money.

I hope Saq and GL stays. I like that GL guy. (Who was our previous phsyo? The one with curly hair, the one before this Singh guy?)
Michael Henry?
Old December 9, 2012, 12:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

They have to keep Saqlain. A lot of our spinners have spoken highly of him. We would be shooting ourselves in the foot if we let him go.
Old December 9, 2012, 12:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I like this guy very much. Always liked him. He is a nice person who belives in "talk less and work more" motto.

I wish we could keep him.
Old December 9, 2012, 12:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Ami Hasina apar kas theke kisu asha kori nai kokhono. But uni cricket nia utshahi shunsi. Majhe majhe matheo jete dekhi. I wish Hasina apa ke convince korte partam Saqi ke rakhar jonno.
Old December 9, 2012, 01:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

We should keep him. But also hire a private eye to keep tabs on him.

Because when we play Pakistan, he might reveal our spin strategy/plan for the match.
I think Ashraful can be given a role to follow his footsteps.
Old December 9, 2012, 01:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

He is the main reason our spinners bowl with so much guts... thanks BCB you did it. I would like to say it like shamim that's the last nail in bd crickets coffin...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old December 9, 2012, 01:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

BCB will take forever to decide and Saqlain will take over another team. My fear...
Old December 9, 2012, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Wait, this just clicked me. You guys are all praising him now. But if I recall half the people here didn't like the move and didn't a Pakistani coach. Because apparently Pakistanis would be a bad influence. SMH.
People didn't want him after just two matches in the t20 WC
Old December 9, 2012, 07:52 PM
Cricket Legend

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...10/news/312039

Saqlain wants to stay and BCB is also considering keeping him for another short term. BCB has their plate full with the HC issue so we'll see how Saqlain's renewal goes.

For now Saqlain is heading back to London right after his contract expires on the 12th.

There is no denying that our spinners (esp Gazi, Riyad) are benefiting from him.
Old December 9, 2012, 08:22 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Bigger question, is he or is he not going to Shak's wedding?
Old December 9, 2012, 09:52 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

If BCB does not bring him back, they are bigger idiots than I thought. He has been a huge help for the team.
Old December 9, 2012, 11:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Development needs to take place when there are no international matches, no NCL. When the players are actually free. Nows the time for BCB to organize a month long camp for 20-30 spinners (Existing and emerging), get them to work under Saqlain for a long uninterrupted period. Again they need to realize 3-4 weeks of training before a series is not sufficient. And more emerging, younger spinners also need to be given the opportunity. There are many Shohag Gazi's out there.
Old December 10, 2012, 01:27 AM
Club Cricketer

Saqlain will be a big loss.
Old December 10, 2012, 01:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Development needs to take place when there are no international matches, no NCL. When the players are actually free. Nows the time for BCB to organize a month long camp for 20-30 spinners (Existing and emerging), get them to work under Saqlain for a long uninterrupted period. Again they need to realize 3-4 weeks of training before a series is not sufficient. And more emerging, younger spinners also need to be given the opportunity. There are many Shohag Gazi's out there.
Very good post!
Old December 10, 2012, 02:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
BCB game development dept. should form with Some intelligent ex cricketers and organisers to implement anything like that. As we all know there will be always some blood sucker in BCB so there is not much we expect from them but at least we can have solid Game developers. Sine Durjoy & Shujon are already in BCB they should take the lead.
Old December 10, 2012, 04:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Aussies for instance had organized a spin camp a couple of months back to prepare for their upcoming tours. Thats the way to develop skills. http://www.espncricinfo.com/australi...ry/576069.html

We also complain, Shane Jurgensen hasnt improved our bowling at all. But apart from pre series camps does have get any other opportunity to work with national team and emerging pacers? To be honest what skill can you hone in a 2 weeks camp where obviously the coaching time has to be divided for batting, bowling, fielding and fitness. Only 1 out of the top 10 wicket takers in NCL is a pace bowler. This should send alarm bells to BCB. If our pacers cant take wickets in domestic cricket, what can they do in international cricket!