facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 26, 2012, 02:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shiv Chanderpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Well Fletcher got a ton, Lesporis 97 and now Hope is on 140 not out, so i guess the batting isn't as bad as you think!! , also i don't agree that just because a player isn't averaging 40 in Fc cricket right now that they can't go on to progress at the top level, these are YOUNGSTERS we're talking about, not players in their 30s, many of them just need to develop their skills a little more, nothing major,

Also we have several youngsters like Barath, Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Powell etc playing at the top level, with Carter, Leon Johnson and Bonner in the A-team to come, and the majority average over 30 at Fc level, so needless to say i disagree that the cupboard is "bare".
The difference is that some of our bowlers in the HPC can already make the transition to the A team, and possibly even the senior team, right now, such as Permaul, Cotterrell and Carlos. But none of the batsmen are ready for that transition - not even Fletcher. Hope has come on a bit, but if he finds his way into the A team on the basis of 60 runs at an average of just 30 in this match, then it shows an even greater paucity in the A team batting cupboard than I thought....

Our players should be using matches like these to stake a claim to the A team, to move up another level, especially those batsmen who are in the 23-24 range, and who should be reaching maturity soon. Yes, they haven't had much FC cricket, but how long are we going to wait on them to get FC experience? Our domestic season is already only half as long as it should be. We can't wait on these guys to reach 28 to get the FC experience they need. Fletcher, Hope and Barclay should be delivering at this level, the way Permaul and Cotterrell delivered. Instead, the averages of these three batsmen in this match in the 23-24 category are as follows:

Fletcher - 35
Hope - 30
Barclay - 27.5

Not the kind of performances to merit a promotion....

In contrast, both Permaul and Cotterrell showed that they deserve to be in the A team too.
Old September 27, 2012, 01:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivfan
The difference is that some of our bowlers in the HPC can already make the transition to the A team, and possibly even the senior team, right now, such as Permaul, Cotterrell and Carlos. But none of the batsmen are ready for that transition - not even Fletcher. Hope has come on a bit, but if he finds his way into the A team on the basis of 60 runs at an average of just 30 in this match, then it shows an even greater paucity in the A team batting cupboard than I thought....

Our players should be using matches like these to stake a claim to the A team, to move up another level, especially those batsmen who are in the 23-24 range, and who should be reaching maturity soon. Yes, they haven't had much FC cricket, but how long are we going to wait on them to get FC experience? Our domestic season is already only half as long as it should be. We can't wait on these guys to reach 28 to get the FC experience they need. Fletcher, Hope and Barclay should be delivering at this level, the way Permaul and Cotterrell delivered. Instead, the averages of these three batsmen in this match in the 23-24 category are as follows:

Fletcher - 35
Hope - 30
Barclay - 27.5

Not the kind of performances to merit a promotion....

In contrast, both Permaul and Cotterrell showed that they deserve to be in the A team too.
What "level" though? you mean the level thats sees these batters facing TEST SPINNERS in their own backyard? well i'd say both Fletcher and Hope did ok then, we can't just expect them to turn up in every single game, but even so i'd say 200 and a 50 in two matches is more than good enough from Hope, the boy is indeed a talent and with a good first class season i'd think he'd be put into the A-team, i'd also say Hamilton done himself justice aswell in that second innings, it's a work in progress at the end of the day, they've just been with the academy for a few months so lets wait and see how they are by the end of their term shall we?

Anyway i think we can take a lot away from those two four day matches, Cotterrell certainly put his hand up and i believe he will be in the A-team sooner rather than later, it will be big contest between him and Delorn Johnson to see who makes it into the WI senior side first, Permaul of course was impressive too, so i'm ok with how things are going even though i was disappointed with the defeat,

Also just a word about Charles, bang fans the kid who just hit 80 against england would have been playing for this hpc team if he wasn't in Sri-lanka!!.. i think you might have gotten off a little lucky there!! .
Old September 30, 2012, 03:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Mofeez dekhi aj khepeche go dada ra !
puro shaatchollishti run kore feleche...ekhono batting chaliye jachche...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 30, 2012, 03:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Amader mofeez er bat abar heshe utheche...
uni ei matro ordho shoto run korar gourob orjon korlen....
uni unar bohishkarer daat bhanga jobab diye cholechen.....
Old September 30, 2012, 04:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Mofeez is 'hitting the ball oil"....
BD A 108/4 in 22 overs, in reply to WIHPT 234/10
Old September 30, 2012, 05:58 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Mofeez is 'hitting the ball oil"....
BD A 108/4 in 22 overs, in reply to WIHPT 234/10
100/4 scoreline theke ar bair hoite parlamna... how will we ever put up 300 plus scores if we are always losing the entire top order by 100
Old September 30, 2012, 06:21 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Ebong jothariti amader shonar chele ra berthotar shagor e dub diya joy ke kache anibar por porajoy ke buke taniya loilo....

Era more arekbar proman korle je era ulluk.
Old September 30, 2012, 06:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Ebong jothariti amader shonar chele ra berthotar shagor e dub diya joy ke kache anibar por porajoy ke buke taniya loilo....

Era more arekbar proman korle je era ulluk.
Lost the 2nd game too?
Old September 30, 2012, 06:41 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Lost the 2nd game too?
Yap, they managed to lose it by 53 runs despite being in a comfortable position to chase it down easily.

Full scorecard here:
http://digicricket.marssil.com/match...op=2&match=298

Our Chagoliar Mofeez top scored with 69.
Old September 30, 2012, 06:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Yeah HPC won by 53 runs

HPC 234/10 & Bang-A 181/10

Really it was the two gems in our bowling line-up that done all the damage, the much hyped Cotterrell got another 4fer and Permaul once again got in the wickets and claimed his third 4fer and 20th wicket of this tour, Cotterrell started like a house on fire and got two wickets in his first two overs to remove the openers, so it was always gonna be an uphill task but to their credit Bang did rebuild and responded strongly, Nafees was hitting boundries for fun and him and Islam were going well together, but then Islam fell to spin and Cotterrell got Nafees in the very next over and the writing was on the wall from there, suddenly the spinners took hold and it was a very big struggle after that,

Been some good games in this tour though and at least the bang batsmen have been tested by some quality spin and pace, those experiences can only help them in the long run imo.
Old September 30, 2012, 01:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

I can't believe, this team is losing so badly with the WI HPT... We are definitely moving in the reverse gear...

বাংলাদেশ দল: রকিবুল হাসান (অধিনায়ক), ইমরুল কায়েম (সহ-অধিনায়ক), শাহরিয়ার নাফীস, নাসিরুদ্দিন ফারুক, আনামুল হক, মমিনুল হক, নাঈম ইসলাম, ফরহাদ হোসেন, সাহাদাত হোসেন, নাজমুল হোসেন, কামরুল ইসলাম রাব্বি, এনামুল হক (জুনিয়র), সাকলায়েন সজিব ও ধীমান ঘোষ।
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old September 30, 2012, 02:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Bd A lost to WIHP in 1st 2 ODIs. But is it really our A(2nd best) team? Team selection was very poor.Pacer Delwar,Taskin were chosen ahead of promising Al-AMIN,ALAUDDI N. Nazmul Apu is not as good as ignored Arafat Sunny,Saqlain Sajib or Shuhrawardi.Sab bir Roman/Kapali is way better than Marshal Ayub....Our selectors became screwless.

Last edited by Saifulsohel; September 30, 2012 at 02:58 PM..
Old September 30, 2012, 03:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
Bd A lost to WIHP in 1st 2 ODIs. But is it really our A(2nd best) team? Team selection was very poor.Pacer Delwar,Taskin were chosen ahead of promising Al-AMIN,ALAUDDI N. Nazmul Apu is not as good as ignored Arafat Sunny,Saqlain Sajib or Shuhrawardi.Sab bir Roman/Kapali is way better than Marshal Ayub....Our selectors became screwless.
Promising and upcoming players are not for A team, they are for Academy or HP. I find the team very close to be the best A team we could have. Well we could argue with 1/2 players, but that doesn't make a big difference.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old September 30, 2012, 03:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Promising and upcoming players are not for A team, they are for Academy or HP. I find the team very close to be the best A team we could have. Well we could argue with 1/2 players, but that doesn't make a big difference.
well,apart from sabbir,none played for Academy.
Old September 30, 2012, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

utter crap
Old September 30, 2012, 08:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

well the pace unit could have been stronger with al amin and abu jayed imo. batting wise i guess we could have had guys like asif, ss, tasamul, shabbir etc instead of nafees, shamsur, rock, but i'm not sure how much of a difference it could have made. spin wise we could have gone with some better bowlers. we hand enamul but missing arafta, sohag, nur, mahmudul, shaker etc. A team selections are always like this, i think genereally the team was as strong as it could have been, pace unit is there area we most likely lost the most in i think.
Old September 30, 2012, 10:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
well the pace unit could have been stronger with al amin and abu jayed imo. batting wise i guess we could have had guys like asif, ss, tasamul, shabbir etc instead of nafees, shamsur, rock, but i'm not sure how much of a difference it could have made. spin wise we could have gone with some better bowlers. we hand enamul but missing arafta, sohag, nur, mahmudul, shaker etc. A team selections are always like this, i think genereally the team was as strong as it could have been, pace unit is there area we most likely lost the most in i think.
Thats how the selectors work it out. The oldies/failures/have beens ie (Nafees, Rock and to an extent Imrul) are all in the A team so the selectors can see if they still have what it takes. But the young up and comers ie (Asif, Soumya, Shabbir, Nur) are in a different team because they are trying to prove their worth and are still in a learning curve. But Anamul is in the A team because he isnt far off from the national team.

I really want Nafees to do well again. If he finds form then we have an option for the #3 position alongside Jahurul and Anamul. So there will be competition there. I reckon Nafees at his best is much better then Jahurul. As much as i like Imrul im not too sure where he is headed. Will he return to the team as the opener or will it be someone else? I doubt Ashraful will play ODI's so ill leave him out of the equation. I think Nafees could quite possibly open the batting with Tamim and Anamul bats at #3. Or perhaps Jahurul will fit back into the team.

Fighting for the openers/#3 spot
Imrul Kayes
Shahriar Nafees
Anamul Haque
Jahurul Islam
Mohammad Ashraful
Junaid Siddique

Its a tough choice from who to pick but id take Ash & Junaid out of the equation. This series is a good indicator to who can prove their worth.
Old September 30, 2012, 11:12 PM
Cricket Guru

imrul imo has a chance of coming back as the ODI opener, he's clearly not a longer format player at this point so in tests he is a no no but he managed a 61 in the last one-day A team match playing as opener. i to would knockout ash and junaid. nafees potentially could be good, he's shown it in the past just isn't consistent, jahurul we haven't given enough exposure to figure out quite yet imo and anamul has his u19 and domestic records backing him.

i think mominul is in the equation for the #3 spot, unfortunately he got injured but i'm sure he would have played had he not and he's been the leading A team scorer recently so i definitely think he's a possibility at #3.

i'm a bit worried anamul hasn't scored many runs in this A team series yet though, some good scores in this series should have ensured him a spot in the next national team series and an extended run in the squad imo. what i didn't like is they batted him so low in the 4-day game, in ODIs and t20!s he might play as keeper but i don't think he should in tests, he's needed much more at the top of the order, in tests they should play dhiman as the keeper, anamul at #2 or #3 and mushy in the middle order.
Old September 30, 2012, 11:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Ì have no prob for Rok,nafees.But marshal ayub,delwar,taskin,apu were strange selection.
Old October 1, 2012, 12:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
Ì have no prob for Rok,nafees.But marshal ayub,delwar,taskin,apu were strange selection.
well marshall ayub was a once up coming prospect, then he went missing for a few years and he's been back this year doing ok. plus he bowls legspin so he is a player worth investing in imo. sabbir and kapali haven't done to much of recent times, so i'm not that surprised that marshall ayub was selected ahead of them. but sabbir and kapali are 2 good legspin allround talents. taskin was obviously selected due to his u19 exploits and his pace and height (basically selected on potential, which in BD isn't uncommon because let's face it, not's not not like BD players have incredible domestic records, usually A team and national team selections are based on potential with the hope that they can develop their skills and learn more consistency at the international level).
Old October 1, 2012, 12:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

out of all the players playing for Bangladesh A, like Gowza said, I think Imrul could come back as an ODI opener and Naeem Islam for a Test Slot...that is if those slots are available...otherwise, No one really impressed in this tour. Anamul may have to wait a little longer...
Old October 1, 2012, 09:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

From this tour, we can tell that the A team still doesn't get enough regular tours which is one of the reasons why we're seeing this team not gelling very well. This group shoud be practicing together more and playing more so that they can get better as a team. The main problem is obviously the fact that our domestic system is just not doing a good enough job in preparing our guys for the highest level. If we don't continue to improve our cricket, there will always be talented players coming and going but not achieving their full potential.

Now moving on to the players that have a shot at making the touring party for the series against the WI. Imrul should stay on as our opener for ODI's, but shouldn't be our opener for T20's and Tests. Mominul will most likely be picked for all forms of the game after being the most consistent batsman in the A team games for a while now. SN, Enamul and Naeem have shots at making the Test team. Anamul also has a chance for being there for all 3 formats. The rest I would say have little to no chance of making the team against the WI.
Old October 1, 2012, 10:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

West Indies HP Team 2/2(0.3 ov)
vs Bangladesh A

Captains : Enamul Haque Jr. (BD-A), Carlos Brathwaite (WIHPT)

Toss won by : West Indies HP Team and chose to bat first.

Bangladesh A's Sqaud
Anamul Haque†, Shahriar Nafees, Naeem Islam, Asif Ahmed, Enamul Haque Jr.*, Nazmul Apu, Mahmudul Hasan, Soumya Sarker, Mominul Haque, Abul Hasan, Ziaur Rahman; Substitutes : Imrul Kayes, Shahadat Hossain, Delwar Hossain

http://digicricket.marssil.com/match...op=1&match=299
Old October 1, 2012, 10:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Abul took 2 Wickets

Gayle is going to have fun in one months time.

WindiesHP 27/4

Another 61ao on the cards me thinks
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old October 1, 2012, 10:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Good to see Abul taking wickets. Felt bad when fans were attacking the kid left and right not too long ago. We should continue to develop him. Remember we don't have quality pacers in our team and we need to continue with him. He's still young and raw.