facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 4, 2012, 03:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara
Default Pakistan - making friends the world over, AGAIN!

Quote:
A Pakistani mob has taken a man accused of blasphemy from a police station and burnt him to death, police say.

The man was being held for allegedly burning a copy of the Koran in public. The incident took place on the outskirts of Bahawalpur, in Punjab province.

Witnesses said hundreds of people looked on as he screamed for help.

Pakistan's controversial blasphemy law imposes the death penalty for insulting Islam, but it is rarely carried out.

The area where the lynching took place is home to hundreds of madrassas - religious schools - run by radical Islamist or sectarian groups.

Police said they detained the man after locals complained that he had desecrated the Koran.

But before the allegation could be investigated, thousands of angry people surrounded the police station, police said.

"They were demanding that we kill him in front of them, or they'll take him away and kill him themselves," police inspector Ghulam Mohiuddin told the BBC.
'Hysterical'

After officers unsuccessfully tried to calm the crowd, it attacked the station, as police tried to disperse it with tear gas. Several policemen were wounded in the violence.

The mob put up roadblocks to prevent police reinforcements from reaching the area, officers said.

"We were totally outnumbered. There were too many of them and they were hysterical. Eventually, they succeeded in taking him away," said one.

The man was reportedly beaten and dragged to the spot where he is said to have desecrated the Koran.

The mob then poured petrol on him and set him on fire, according to witnesses.

Police say they are trying to identify the victim, who was said to be mentally unstable.

"The man had no idea what was going on," said an official.

"While he was in our custody, he kept laughing and chanting."

A case has been registered against unknown attackers. No arrests have been made yet.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18713545
We love a bit of mob justice in Bangladesh too unfortunately, so this is not a case of one-upmanship. But that is disgraceful. Absolutely no excuses for it, NONE.

Why are we(muslims) so angry?
Old July 4, 2012, 04:14 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Why are we(muslims) so angry?
These are not muslims. Carrying a muslim banner doesn't make anyone a muslim. These are members of cult who sold their souls to devil. Their actions have nothing to do with Islam or God's message. These bunch have yet to become humans, let alone muslim.

Everyone has the freedom to choose their path.
Quote:
Quran: 2:256
There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient.

Quran 17:33 and Quran 25:68
Do not kill, for God has made this forbidden, except in the course of justice.
Signs of Disbeliever
This is in reference to Abraham's life. Note how disbelievers want mob justice through killing and burning!
Quote:
Quran 29:23-24
Those who disbelieve in GOD's revelations, and in meeting Him, have despaired from My mercy. They have incurred a painful retribution.
The only response from his people was their saying, "Kill him, or burn him." But GOD saved him from the fire. This should provide lessons for people who believe.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old July 4, 2012, 04:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Pak has nothing of Islam in reality. They are a group of people with extreme attitudes...you can find them on either extremes of Islamic/Human value systems. They over do everything... Well if there are balanced people, they are an extreme minority ..l I havent found one amongst thousands I met...

Most people whom you think very namaji with prayer marks on fore headm are forged prayer spots ...and that's real..Admitted by many In unguarded moments. Im telling from my own experience only. I haven't met one balanced so far, whom ever I thought for sometimes that he was probably ok, but then in different circumstance I found them being extremistic and unfaithful... Unlike Muslim that he preached day and night...
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old July 4, 2012, 04:35 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

The only good thing about Pakistan used to be their cricket team.

Old July 4, 2012, 06:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: misbah ul haq

more to do with illiteracy and ignorance than islam
a nation with a literacy rate of 30% will have people doing this. Distorting religion, misusing and abusing it
Old July 4, 2012, 06:25 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Pak has nothing of Islam in reality. They are a group of people with extreme attitudes...you can find them on either extremes of Islamic/Human value systems. They over do everything... Well if there are balanced people, they are an extreme minority ..l I havent found one amongst thousands I met...

Most people whom you think very namaji with prayer marks on fore headm are forged prayer spots ...and that's real..Admitted by many In unguarded moments. Im telling from my own experience only. I haven't met one balanced so far, whom ever I thought for sometimes that he was probably ok, but then in different circumstance I found them being extremistic and unfaithful... Unlike Muslim that he preached day and night...
seriously what substance do you abuse?
Old July 4, 2012, 06:56 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
The only good thing about Pakistan used to be their cricket team.
that is a very unfair comment if you are serious.
Old July 4, 2012, 06:58 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerdtiger
that is a very unfair comment if you are serious.
After a loss of 200+ runs? Hardly.

Old July 4, 2012, 07:02 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
After a loss of 200+ runs? Hardly.
no i wasnt refering to the cricket but about everything else. there are many good things. definitely bad outweighs the good now and the past decade. but there is always hope. if we can produce a human like imran khan and elect him we can change pakistan for the better
Old July 4, 2012, 09:24 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

@corneredtiger

I was not totally serious

Old July 4, 2012, 09:30 PM
Club Cricketer

^
i know...just making sure
things are bad but we have hope....that is pretty much all we have
Old July 4, 2012, 11:31 PM
Cricket Legend

When extreme, Pakistanis can surpass everyone else. I recall reading Saudi blogs and comments in papers: and funnily even on issues when Saudis and Arabs themselves are liberal, you have some Pakistani posters taking the most extreme stance,(Haram for our sisters to drive, haram to learn about marital relations, haram for married children to not live with their parents etc.).

And then of course you have the "Ghazwa e Hind" loons , who twist a hadith of the Prophet saws to predict that Pakistan and their Taliban buddies will form a tag team to conquer and control India :this attitude is exemplified in the guy called Zaid Hamid.

Many Pakistanis are perfectly normal people, but the extremist portion has been getting more and more extreme and their nationalistic attitudes generally has nothing to do with Islam.
Old July 5, 2012, 12:30 AM
Banned

Nasif and BANFAN bhai - I get what you're saying about their actions being contrary to what Islam teaches us, but like the jihadi suicide bombers, that matters little to the rest of the world.

I work with a sizable group of non-muslims in Bangladesh, and these are not people prone to jumping to conclusions, or making daft comments, but even they are starting to parrot the media line.

No one is listening when 'mainstream muslims' say - they are not real muslims. Most think it's a convenient and a ready made excuse for us to escape self examination.
Old July 5, 2012, 12:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

It's very convenient for Muslims to label Muslims who commit atrocities such as this as "not real Muslims" because then they won't have to deal with the consequences and fixing things that are wrong with the system. That's cowardly at best. Admit there's a problem and then solve it.
Old July 5, 2012, 02:58 AM

Quote:
No one is listening when 'mainstream muslims' say - they are not real muslims. Most think it's a convenient and a ready made excuse for us to escape self examination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
It's very convenient for Muslims to label Muslims who commit atrocities such as this as "not real Muslims" because then they won't have to deal with the consequences and fixing things that are wrong with the system. That's cowardly at best. Admit there's a problem and then solve it.
Well said, thats how we many people think. More it take time more it get worse and difficult, no way an easy issue either.
Old July 5, 2012, 05:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

"Area of hundreds of madrassas - religious schools - run by radical Islamist or sectarian groups" - its allready sounds like a sensative zone for practicing terrorism & extremism to me. Pathetic police work there for place like that. Even the interview describing there lebelling the victim with "mentally unstable" to support the mob and balm the incident is just outrageous. Such a spoiled country. These fungus of society need to be abolished like the way RAB did to JMB in Bangladesh.
Sorry, thats why no sympathy from me when those US drones hit some area and some starts shouting innocents are dead. These inevitables are very much justified & needed for country like Pakistan. A country that has lot to learn about human rights and the power of democracy. Thanks God we aint part of them anymore, and such so called 'Islamic' blasphemy rulez dont apply here anymore (at least not in a scale like this story).
Old July 5, 2012, 06:25 AM
Banned

^Yet we had Human Rights Watch and their local affiliates calling for the abolition of RAB last night. I know there are issues- and that's putting it mildly.

But RAB has been a Godsend to Bangladesh.
Old July 5, 2012, 06:59 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
I don't think I was suggesting that it isn't a problem; on the contrary it is the biggest problem facing Islam today. Solution of course is education and poverty alleviation. It will take a long time, no doubt, we have to keep patience and work toward it. Unfortunatly news like this makes each step forward bit harder every time.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old July 5, 2012, 08:01 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Posting strictly as a member, there are several things with Pakistan that I find troubling. People's attitude in general is one of them. The very first step toward solving any problem is to admit that there is a problem, I find many Pakistanis unwilling to do that (but just like anything else, there are exceptions and this is only what I have seen). One thing I find very interesting is that, there is a pretty big gap in attitude between Pakistan man and women, where women are more down to earth. I don't know if anyone else felt the same way.
Old July 5, 2012, 08:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
I find many Pakistanis unwilling to do that (but just like anything else, there are exceptions and this is only what I have seen). One thing I find very interesting is that, there is a pretty big gap in attitude between Pakistan man and women, where women are more down to earth. I don't know if anyone else felt the same way.
Same noticed by yours truly.

There are many Pakistanis who believe OBL was never in Pakistan and its all a grand conspiracy, and of course the 26/11 attackers like Kasab are Hindu Indians in disguise.

A video came out recently of a dozen Pakistani soldiers beheaded by Taliban, and you hadd Pakistanis claiming they are CIA/RAW agents dressed as Taliban.
Old July 5, 2012, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Shameful acts. No person deserves to be killed like that. It doesn't matter what the crime is, this killing by a mob is never justifiable and the guilty should be properly trialed. These type of instances tells you how regressive and intolerant their society have become.
Old July 5, 2012, 09:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Posting strictly as a member, there are several things with Pakistan that I find troubling. People's attitude in general is one of them. The very first step toward solving any problem is to admit that there is a problem, I find many Pakistanis unwilling to do that (but just like anything else, there are exceptions and this is only what I have seen). One thing I find very interesting is that, there is a pretty big gap in attitude between Pakistan man and women, where women are more down to earth. I don't know if anyone else felt the same way.
That's exactly the problem. If a country; it's people and controlling entities think they are doing everything right, even after all the nonsense they do, you can't waste time planning solutions for them.

They have used/Still use the religion/Islam so much for extracting benefits, I.e. from state to individuals in their day to day lives.. That religion has lost its respect within their societies, they even cant notice it themselves as they are deep into such ****. Religion for them is for material gains only.

I gave up on them when in 2007/2008 they called an international Sunni conference in Islamabad, that was as partisan as hell to say the least. It was only to appease And strengthen Saudis (Motivation: financial gain from SA/USA by doing so) to take a firm stance against Iran and Iraqi Shias. although most of the countries sent very low level delegations, but that has empowered Saudis to do what they are doing against Shias in their own country, Yemen, Bahrain, Syria, Iran, Iraq. We might see the west clapping in a few years time and watching Shias and Sunnis fighting each other. Pak has truly been a disgrace to Islam to say the least.

They fought and killed us in the name of Islam in 71 and they are doing the same today, to their own people in Baluch and NWFP and rest of the world. There is no change in their mindset, None can have a plan to change such mind set in one or two or countable generations. There may be negligible exceptions who realize it and we aren't talking about them, they hardly have any power to do anything.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old July 5, 2012, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

BANFAN bhai, I read some articles about the oppression of Baluch people. They are very neglected and ethnically looked very down upon. They are considering secession just like we did and on last 16th Dec, this famous Baluch nationalist wrote an article in BD paper praising our valiant effort and victory in 1971. I also heard there are very few Balochis in Pakistan cricket team
Old July 5, 2012, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Pak have deep rooted tribalism and sectarianism. They even have this idea of caste. Growing up, from school and elsewhere, I thought caste system is only practiced by Hindus. So I was quite shocked to hear that. Even if everything matches (religious sect/caste/etc..), they won't marry if the person carries a specific surname such as Mirza, Baig, Syeds etc.

I believe all this divide has made their society very stagnant. These things are very rare in Bangladesh and we are more or less very homogeneous.
Old July 5, 2012, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Remember that the Butcher of Bengal was also the Butcher of Balochistan.