facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 8, 2012, 12:33 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,561
Default Why isn't our domestic structure that much strong like India, Srilanka or Pakistan ? What's the solution?

Dear friends Every time our A team go to India tour, we are hugely hammered by their state teams?
For last few days i red few about Indian domestic. Lets discuss about domestic structure. Why is our domestic structure so poor? What's the solution?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old August 8, 2012, 12:40 PM
playmaker playmaker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 21, 2012
Location: Chittagong
Favorite Player: every quality cricketer
Posts: 2,687

I put all the blame on the cricket board. We have just one FC tournament the whole year and that too has too many gaps in between. FC structure can only be improved with more matches/tournaments.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 8, 2012, 12:43 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,561

To produce quality players, F C is the main solution. I had a notion that our players do play few F C cricket. But after looking at the F C structure of India and Srilanka i don't think our players play too much few matches. Last year our players played 8-10 F C matches per head. In Ranji Indian players play same amount matches and same goes for Srilanka. So we are not far behind the numbers.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 8, 2012, 12:50 PM
Maysun's Avatar
Maysun Maysun is offline
MLC World Series I
 
Join Date: April 11, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 5,892

One of the factors is, they play in more varied conditions within their own country.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 8, 2012, 12:51 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
I put all the blame on the cricket board. We have just one FC tournament the whole year and that too has too many gaps in between. FC structure can only be improved with more matches/tournaments.
Arranging more F C tournaments is a tough job. As far as i know Srilanka have only one F C tournament like us and India have virtually One F C tourney that is Ranji Trophy.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 8, 2012, 01:00 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

There's no reason why the NCL can't be extended to include more matches in a home-away format.

Appointing McInnes as academy main man is a step in the right direction. Having our otherwise lazy reserves keep training year-round is one way to ensure a strong set of backups and increase competition for national team spots.

Contracting a hundred odd players across the country is also a good start. Salaries will increase steadily and playing domestic cricket for a living will slowly turn out to be a viable option for some of these players.

We need to revamp the school cricket system. I've lost touch - what's going on these days?
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 8, 2012, 01:01 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
One of the factors is, they play in more varied conditions within their own country.
Last year in Ranji trophy Bengal played 6 matches. Half of their matches were played at Eden Garden.

cricketarchive.com/Archive/Seasons/IND/2011-12_IND_Ranji_Trophy_2011-12.html
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 8, 2012, 01:06 PM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 3,923

Start Franchise based FC tournament and show the games on TV.
Also each team should have its age group teams like minor league Baseball.
Find a way to bring the crowd in the stadium at any cost..
__________________
Golf is good, no umpire needed!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 8, 2012, 01:08 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
There's no reason why the NCL can't be extended to include more matches in a home-away format.

Appointing McInnes as academy main man is a step in the right direction. Having our otherwise lazy reserves keep training year-round is one way to ensure a strong set of backups and increase competition for national team spots.

Contracting a hundred odd players across the country is also a good start. Salaries will increase steadily and playing domestic cricket for a living will slowly turn out to be a viable option for some of these players.

We need to revamp the school cricket system. I've lost touch - what's going on these days?
That is a very good idea to start the home and away format. In our last get together i asked Rabid Imam about it. He answered lack of ground is the main problem to start the home and away. But it looked a lame excuse to me. Easily they can make 2 group and restart the home and away.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old August 8, 2012, 01:10 PM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 3,923

Yes, longer version tourney can also be played at the school level and should be played as 3 day matches. Thats the place where kids can build stamina, develop discipline and enhance the desire to occupy the crease for an entire day....get some good foreign coaches too...and train the local coaches..
__________________
Golf is good, no umpire needed!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old August 8, 2012, 01:14 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Yes, longer version tourney can also be played at the school level and should be played as 3 day matches. Thats the place where kids can build stamina, develop discipline and enhance the desire to occupy the crease for an entire day....get some good foreign coaches too...and train the local coaches..
Thursday, Friday, Saturday. That way they lose only one day of school and have enough breaks between games.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old August 8, 2012, 01:15 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Start Franchise based FC tournament and show the games on TV.
Also each team should have its age group teams like minor league Baseball.
Find a way to bring the crowd in the stadium at any cost..
You said about junior team? That is a very valid point. Most of the elite teams in Indian Ranji trophy have their own regional cricket board with two age level team and an academy. This is the place India is far about us.
To start a franchise base F C tournament is not an easy job.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old August 8, 2012, 01:15 PM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 3,923

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
That is a very good idea to start the home and away format. In our last get together i asked Rabid Imam about it. He answered lack of ground is the main problem to start the home and away. But it looked a lame excuse to me. Easily they can make 2 group and restart the home and away.
Thats why you need corporate sponsorships. Make the stadiums name after these corporation rather than some "past hero" just like what they do in the US, like Qualcomm Stadium. Lease the stadiums to these corporate owners and let them build it the way they want. They can even build new ones, if they are allowed to own the stadiums. Franchise based FC tournamant will change the complexion of the game.
__________________
Golf is good, no umpire needed!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old August 8, 2012, 01:30 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,561

Srilanka have more interesting F C structure. Their F C is club base. They started an inter provincial tournament but that is non working lot of times.

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Se...p_2011-12.html
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old August 8, 2012, 01:34 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,306

SL also have a very good school cricket structure in place. Crowds come in big numbers and support the junior teams. So far, we don't have any system. NCL was established as an ICC requirement to gain Test Status.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old August 8, 2012, 01:53 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,561

The structure of cricket in Pakistan

To make it as a professional, you need to play First-class cricket.

Most professional teams in Pakistan represent Pakistan companies (such as Habib Bank and Pakistan International Airlines) are known as 'departmental teams'. They play in a first class competition called Patrons Trophy. These are split into two grades.

There are also several regional professional sides taking part in the Quaid-E-Azam Trophy, this is also split into two grades.

The teams play between September and April every year.


http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Arch...y_2011-12.html

http://www.pitchvision.com/how-to-be...kistan-edition
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old August 8, 2012, 02:04 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Thats why you need corporate sponsorships. Make the stadiums name after these corporation rather than some "past hero" just like what they do in the US, like Qualcomm Stadium. Lease the stadiums to these corporate owners and let them build it the way they want. They can even build new ones, if they are allowed to own the stadiums. Franchise based FC tournamant will change the complexion of the game.
But the problem is these corporations are full of chor dakats. Look at the whole BPL fiasco.
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old August 8, 2012, 02:43 PM
Rubu's Avatar
Rubu Rubu is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 15, 2004
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 8,198

Time, as well as many other things, is a factor here. They are playing test for ages, and ours is only 12 years old. It will take time for us to get to their level of structure. But even so, it could have/should have been better than what it is.
__________________
সন্মানজনক পরাজয়ের চিন্তাটাই অসন্মানজনক
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old August 8, 2012, 02:58 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,561

Now my observations regarding F C in continent:
1. India and Srilanka have around 100 F C matches last year. Pakistan had around 170 F C matches last year.
2. India have 27 F C teams. Srilanka 20 teams. Pakistan had around 40 teams.
In Bangladesh picture is really poor. We have only 7 fc teams and we played only 22 fc matches. Last year around 140 players played F C cricket in Bangladesh. Where as in India, Pakistan and Srilanka 500+ players played F C cricket.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old August 8, 2012, 03:08 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Time, as well as many other things, is a factor here. They are playing test for ages, and ours is only 12 years old. It will take time for us to get to their level of structure. But even so, it could have/should have been better than what it is.
Dear Rubu, I agree with you. We will be behind the sub continental teams, we do agree with that. But we are thousand mile apart from not only India but also Pakistan and Srilanka. Pakistan played 173 fc matches last year and Srilanka played around 100, where as we played only 22?
i don't think B C B is too poor than Srilanka and Pakistan board.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old August 8, 2012, 07:22 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,316

cricket board just hasn't bothered improving it, the franchise idea for FC cricket is interesting, i wouldn't mind seeing that being given ago, it's not like they trying anything else.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old August 8, 2012, 07:55 PM
dash dash is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 19, 2005
Posts: 1,526

its not about quantity rather quality...our 1st class cricket is more like a picnic event....with little money and inadequate facility......the thing to remember is most 1st class players wont make the national team but their quality is vital to test out the ones who make it to the national team and these playrers who doesnt make it, makes a living playing the dpl not the ncl ...in essence having more players and more teams is not the cure rather having quality competition between the teams and within teams for places is the need and another important thing are the pitches which needs to have variation- some venues having pace, some having runs and not just slow and low turners...but the sad part is the authority knows the illness and the cure but there are no visible efforts ...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old August 8, 2012, 08:54 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,316

i think both quality and quantity are equally important. the quality has to be there and currently it isn't, possibly a franchise system will improve the quality as the places available for each franchise will hot up and players will get more motivated and perform better and improve. but definitely there needs to be a good amount of 4-day games played, experience in different match situations is vital, learning the trade, what to do when, when to attack, when to hold off, these are things players can only learn during a match and thus match play/quantity is important.

some teams got 7 matches last NCL season, others got 10, we need those numbers to rise to 14-20 matches a season.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old August 9, 2012, 02:02 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
its not about quantity rather quality...our 1st class cricket is more like a picnic event....with little money and inadequate facility......the thing to remember is most 1st class players wont make the national team but their quality is vital to test out the ones who make it to the national team and these playrers who doesnt make it, makes a living playing the dpl not the ncl ...in essence having more players and more teams is not the cure rather having quality competition between the teams and within teams for places is the need and another important thing are the pitches which needs to have variation- some venues having pace, some having runs and not just slow and low turners...but the sad part is the authority knows the illness and the cure but there are no visible efforts ...
Basically FC cricket is the main professional cricket.But here DPL is the main professional one.In India provincial cricket is the main professional cricket and BCB is trying to follow the indian format.In contrary both pakistan and Srilanka have different format. club cricket is the main FC in srilanka and pakistan have a mixed type culture where both regional and service clubs both take part.
If Bangladesh can make a structure like India that is good.But for last 12 years we are trying to follow the same format and failed to make a competitive FC cricket.In this case we can think like Pakistan.Where both regional plus clubs take part in FC matches. In Bangladesh whatever the sports is its tough to think a sport without clubs.We can use their overwhelming money power.We have 7 divisional teams+5 teams from DPL=12 teams.They cane make a two tyre home and away tournament.This format will bring more competitiveness and money thats for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old August 9, 2012, 02:20 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i think both quality and quantity are equally important. the quality has to be there and currently it isn't, possibly a franchise system will improve the quality as the places available for each franchise will hot up and players will get more motivated and perform better and improve. but definitely there needs to be a good amount of 4-day games played, experience in different match situations is vital, learning the trade, what to do when, when to attack, when to hold off, these are things players can only learn during a match and thus match play/quantity is important.

some teams got 7 matches last NCL season, others got 10, we need those numbers to rise to 14-20 matches a season.
I dont think total number of FC matches is a big issue.Last year both indian and srilankan players played around 10 FC matches per head where as we played 8/9 matches.I think main issue is quality and domestic structure.Indian cricketers start to play longer version from school cricket. They have U-19 longer version tournament,Every state team have their Senior,intermediate and junior team. These are the things those are paying for INDIA.
We need to restart the school cricket,every division should have their academy and junior team with a junior level longer version match.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket