facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 24, 2015, 06:52 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumya,Sabbir
Default 'We've dominated this Test'- Kayes

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/902939.html

Isam reported this on CI. "Overall, had there been a five-day game we would have had a positive result because we dominated this Test quite well." - Imrul

Did he really say this? Or is this a mistranslation? I really hope it's the latter.
Old July 24, 2015, 06:54 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Considering we still have the lead going into day 5, he is not wrong.

Dominated by the bowlers, ruined by the batsmen.
Old July 24, 2015, 06:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Mushy, Tamim, Abul

Should not let people like Kayes talk to media much. Need mostly mushy, Shakib, Mullah,Tamim talking to media at test cricket only.
Old July 24, 2015, 07:03 PM
Club Cricketer

^^ Yea why is he talking to the media? What's the protocol for players availability to media? Usually it's the captain and top performers, no? he didn't even have a good innings.
Old July 24, 2015, 07:11 PM
Cricket Legend

None of our players should be talking to the media, they say some OTT statements at times.
Old July 24, 2015, 07:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Nothing wrong with some trash talk. This Test most likely will be washed out/ drawn anyway. But we still have the 2nd Test coming 😃
Old July 24, 2015, 08:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

When a fringe player talks ...
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old July 24, 2015, 08:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Mushy, Tamim, Abul

Despite his recent heroics I'm not convinced by Kayes's test batting for the long run. I don't think he will be in the team come end of next year.
Old July 24, 2015, 08:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Sigh, poor Kayes. Despite all those good innings he played not so long ago, I guess there will be never a shortage of his haters.
Old July 24, 2015, 08:50 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Mash

somebody tell him the meaning of domination, show him the example of the 3 ODIs
Old July 24, 2015, 09:00 PM
Cricket Guru

The guy scored 3 centuries and 2 fifties in last 13 innings since his return to the Test team, @average 56+. I am pretty sure he knows meaning of the word dominance. Again, there is nothing wrong with some smack talk middle of an ongoing tour.
Old July 24, 2015, 09:09 PM
Club Cricketer

Personal dominance and team dominance and two different things. Let's not compare apples to oranges. I'm not a Imrul hater, perfectly happy with him on the team. But saying "we dominated" when there's been nothing of the sort is just... odd.
Old July 24, 2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/902939.html

Isam reported this on CI. "Overall, had there been a five-day game we would have had a positive result because we dominated this Test quite well." - Imrul

Did he really say this? Or is this a mistranslation? I really hope it's the latter.
Facepalm, really?

What he said wrong?? Taking a lead of 75 runs over the #1 team is not dominating?? Then what it is?? We have bowled them out under 250, didn't we??
Old July 24, 2015, 09:27 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah

Amader kinto asholei upperhand chilo, Imrul thik i boleche, ai Test ee amra joy laab korte partam.

Bhool kichu bole ni Imrul bhai, ai positive mentality age amader team er chilo na, akhon dekhen amader Imrul comment diche Chris Gayler er moton.
Old July 24, 2015, 09:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bhaat

Dont get all the hate imrul gets. Averaging more than so called stars. Take that *****
Old July 24, 2015, 09:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Won't Agree to Dominated, if we could take 2/3 early wickets in SA second innings, then it could be a sort of domination ... We did well in patches.

The match was exactly on 50/50 after day three, May be the momentum was with SA, while the play stopped due to bad light on day three.

Series: Pak, Ind, SA ..... (Won All ODI Series) Updated: 02 Aug 2015
Old July 24, 2015, 10:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

I won't so domination. Upperhand may be an appropriate word. But yes we were close to dominate the test. Almost close.

OK. Let's go back to day 1. South Africa won the toss and I felt we were doomed. On a flat pitch we thought bat first and score big was our best chance, but south Africa was batting and we felt they will bat us out of the game batting almost 5 session or two days.

End of first session they were about 120/1 and we all thought they will finish the day close to 400 and eventually declare around 650 and make sure they bat only 1 innings. The first session was totally dominated by them.

Second session we made a come back. We bowled tightly and with purpose. Took three wickets and gave half the runs of first session but still the game was in ballance . South Africa still had the batting to get may be noy 650 but 450 perhaps.

But we stamped our domination in the third session . The Mustafizur over changed the game and we got 7 wickets in that session. We got them out for 248. Now at this point I would have said we did a good job, now we can be in a dominating position if now we can get a lead where we can be in a position to force an innings defeat.

But the second day we never took the opportunity to dominate. Perhaps every session we lost one wicket more than we expected and scored perhaps 20 runs less than we should. We never were in a position that we can feel we have taken the game away. South Africa rather felt always that they are though behind the game but not too far. And we lost wickets regularly when a batsman was set to dominate. If our half centurians could have got centuries we could have been in a dominating position.

Let's go back to start of day three, second session. We were leading by 5 runs and 5 wickets in hand. We were in upperhand and a position from were we could have taken the game to a dominating position . But we could not. We could only manage another 73 runs for the last 5 wickets . But just see other way. South Africa batted 21 overs for 61 runs. If we could have been still batting perhaps we could have scored 70-80 runs. So if shakib had not thrown his wicket perhaps end of day three when bad light stopped play we could have been leading by 150. Now that was a true dominating position.

But on the contrary we are now only leading by 16 and South Africa has all 10 wickets in hand.

It was easy for South Africa openers to come and bat only 78 behind. But it would not have been so easy at 150 behind.

We played better in 6 of the 9 sessions, but In the three sessions south Africa played better they put the game back in balance.

We were close to a realistic domination but truly we are not.
Old July 25, 2015, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

This is a bit rich coming from a guy who has butter fingers!

We are quite lucky that we didn't get to bat a second innings
Old July 25, 2015, 06:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tyrion, Varyse, P.Baelish

^^ he is up there with his skill. He's making runs. But he should work on Catching
Old July 25, 2015, 06:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I think we have seen glimpses of winning sessions by having a proper wicket-keeper in this test match. As I go through the highlights more and more I feel frustrated thinking of many test matches where we let go the batsmen from poor keeping and they ended up making tons and doubles, causing numerous innings defeat.

It was a bold move to appoint a proper keeper. Better late than never.
Old July 25, 2015, 07:56 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
I think we have seen glimpses of winning sessions by having a proper wicket-keeper in this test match. As I go through the highlights more and more I feel frustrated thinking of many test matches where we let go the batsmen from poor keeping and they ended up making tons and doubles, causing numerous innings defeat.

It was a bold move to appoint a proper keeper. Better late than never.
And a proper bowling attack. Once Taskin joins the fray, we'll be able to legitimately challenge any side.
Old July 26, 2015, 12:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
When a fringe player talks ...
my imrul hater senses are tingling
Old July 26, 2015, 01:17 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Kayes nijer kotha bolsey arki. He dominated the slip cordon
Old July 26, 2015, 08:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Wrong choice of words. Domination means being head and shoulders above the opposition but yes we had upper hand in the test match, but by a small margin only.
Old July 26, 2015, 09:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

In both occasions, Kayes spoke the truth. Bowling out the #1 test opposition for 240 odd that too in a pitch that offers little for seamers, is certainly a great achievement.