facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 2, 2014, 02:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

the ball that bowled maxwell was a good one, swung back in which is why he got his man, didn't think the commentators gave him enough credit for the ball that was bowled, they seemed to be a bit shocked that he missed it and didn't understand how he could have when on replay you can clearly see there was some late inswing.
Old April 2, 2014, 03:05 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
the ball that bowled maxwell was a good one, swung back in which is why he got his man, didn't think the commentators gave him enough credit for the ball that was bowled, they seemed to be a bit shocked that he missed it and didn't understand how he could have when on replay you can clearly see there was some late inswing.
i was thinking the same thing

but he did get away with some lose offside deliveries, i think the aussies were surprised with his pace
Old April 2, 2014, 03:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i was thinking the same thing

but he did get away with some lose offside deliveries, i think the aussies were surprised with his pace
he got away with some deliveries that were on the legs as well, mainly to left handers, i think he was having trouble adjusting his line bowling between the right handers and lefties.
Old April 2, 2014, 05:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
It was still a full toss...could have easily been put away. Especially a batsman of the caliber of Maxwell. How many "4 balls" did Ashraful miss out on in his career, lol? But I guess that puts even more credit to Taskin, doesn't it?
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Old April 2, 2014, 05:29 AM
Cricket Guru

It dipped as well, it actually hit the stumps quite low, a late dipping in swinger bowled at 140kph even if it is a bit high is still a very difficult ball to handle, especially in a t20 when you are looking to hit. Was it perfect? No but it was still a good ball.
Old April 2, 2014, 06:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Loved to see him in action. He didn't dishearted me.
Old April 2, 2014, 07:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
It dipped as well, it actually hit the stumps quite low, a late dipping in swinger bowled at 140kph even if it is a bit high is still a very difficult ball to handle, especially in a t20 when you are looking to hit. Was it perfect? No but it was still a good ball.
You're right! I had forgotten but on the first replay last night, I remember thinking "jeez, was that Pont's butterfly ball???"
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Old April 2, 2014, 01:58 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
You're right! I had forgotten but on the first replay last night, I remember thinking "jeez, was that Pont's butterfly ball???"
I look forward to welcoming Taskin to www.ultimatepacefoundation.com in due course

It will be good to hook up with him again face to face once more
Old April 2, 2014, 02:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I look forward to welcoming Taskin to www.ultimatepacefoundation.com in due course

Wb coach.
Old April 3, 2014, 12:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Thanks to BCB to give taskin a chance in the highest level,

Now we have some good frontline fast bowlers:
1. Mashrafee (1day n T20)
2. Al Amin (1day,T20)
3. Taskin(1day n T20)
4. Zia (1day n T20)
5. Robiul (test)

Bench:-
1. Rubel
2. Shaiful
3. Abul
Old April 3, 2014, 12:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:

Does this mean he is already heading there?
Old April 3, 2014, 12:38 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Does this mean he is already heading there?
Not yet. The BCB would have to fund it and it's RM's role to secure that. But the facility is open and available to all.
Old April 9, 2014, 03:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Good to see that Wasim Akram spoke high about Taskin and gave him some tips.

Source:Somoy TV
Old April 9, 2014, 04:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Not yet. The BCB would have to fund it and it's RM's role to secure that. But the facility is open and available to all.
Ian, why not give him a scholarship? Would be a great win-win for all parties concerned.
Old April 9, 2014, 04:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Watched him on news yesterday to talk with Wasim Akram regarding his grip and hand movement. He seems very happy.

Off-topic: Watching that one thing came to my mind, what BCB is doing to teach these players basic English. Without basic English, how can you expect these players to learn from coaches ? Taskin was struggling to ask questions to Wasim, later he started conversation in Urdu/Hindi.
Old April 9, 2014, 08:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Gareth Bale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Source:Somoy TV
Aaah good ol' Somoy tv. I remember when they caught the Rana plaza guy and he was in some RAB car. Somoy tv were speeding behind it with a live video feed. It was like GTA but in the streets of Dhaka. Riveting stuff.
Old April 9, 2014, 08:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Watched him on news yesterday to talk with Wasim Akram regarding his grip and hand movement. He seems very happy.

Off-topic: Watching that one thing came to my mind, what BCB is doing to teach these players basic English. Without basic English, how can you expect these players to learn from coaches ? Taskin was struggling to ask questions to Wasim, later he started conversation in Urdu/Hindi.
I don't think BCB need to do anything about teaching players English.

These guys are professionals for the sake of humanity! If these guys are to be spoon-fed at this level then I have nothing to say. I never was fluent when it came to English as a result I was poor when it came to debating. So I improved my English by reading plenty of English reports on Daily Star and hence improved my fluency. Basically, I had to do it on my own.

Its just like what Athar and Pont said. Some of our boys don't want to give an extra effort the reason why they are underachievers. This why we have players with super talent turning out to be super-mediocre : Ashraful, Shahriar Nafees, etc. Its not only restricted to technical work but several other things. If our boys worked harder, practiced their English, dowloaded batting and bowling videos, improved their fitness I would bet on my soul that we would have atleast a dozen quality, if not world class, in our international setup. Sometimes, we blame BCB so much yet we ignore the failure of the players. BCB gave everything possible to Nasir. The lad forgot cricket and started running after models
Old April 9, 2014, 08:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
BCB gave everything possible to Nasir. The lad forgot cricket and started running after models
Or maybe he is just out of form. No?
Old April 9, 2014, 08:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
Maybe finally we found a pacer who had orange juice.

He looks nice and fit in that pic. Seems to have gained a lotta weight, good weight. He doesn't need to bulk up anymore.

Proper development and us? lol.

Better play him in every game in every format now because in 3 yrs time he'll have a bhuri, and in 4 yrs time he'll marry someone from Bogura.
Jotil. In most cases this is true.
Old April 9, 2014, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Or maybe he is just out of form. No?
Being out of form is understandable.

But Nasir's body language is what is questionnable. He comes out to bat with the intent to go back to the pavillion ASAP. His fielding has been poor as well, both catching and ground fielding.
Old April 9, 2014, 02:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Being out of form is understandable.

But Nasir's body language is what is questionnable. He comes out to bat with the intent to go back to the pavillion ASAP. His fielding has been poor as well, both catching and ground fielding.
We can't speculate on such things. Yes his body language might be poor but that might be due to his confidence being low and him being out of form. I wouldn't question Nasir's commitement especially when he has said things like "I would die for Bangladesh cricket" and "cricket is my life".
Old April 9, 2014, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

With such long break for the international assignment it is time to clean the house and get things organized. We did so well against NZ first time as we had an organized coaching setup in place. BCB should bring back Ian and start a pace bowling coaching camp....sending one of two bowlers abroad for a week or two won't help much...
Old April 9, 2014, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
We can't speculate on such things. Yes his body language might be poor but that might be due to his confidence being low and him being out of form. I wouldn't question Nasir's commitement especially when he has said things like "I would die for Bangladesh cricket" and "cricket is my life".
Well he didn't show any sign of that's wt20. I am really disappointed with him, not only him whole team.
Old April 9, 2014, 10:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
With such long break for the international assignment it is time to clean the house and get things organized. We did so well against NZ first time as we had an organized coaching setup in place. BCB should bring back Ian and start a pace bowling coaching camp....sending one of two bowlers abroad for a week or two won't help much...
Correct. In the late 90's, SLC used to send its pace prospects to MRF Pace Foundation for a week or two of training. Later they realized there is no benefit. Players would go learn a thing or two, come back and return to old self. So instead they started their own initiative which would groom bowlers round the calendar-look after their fitness, diet, skill etc.

I ve communicated the idea of a pace academy to individuals from well known corporations. No MRF in BD! Nobody gives a damn. Even the GP Pace Hunt has gone extinct.