facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2015, 12:36 AM
Administrator

Before the "discussion" devolves into puerile insults, I'm putting all y'all on notice.

- As Admin
Old February 27, 2015, 05:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedgreen
Firstly Salam,

Why is he? When he is not ready? The world cup is not his testing ground, with that type of mentality you deserve results like yesterday's mate. A work in progress for the world cup, by saying this you are trying to justify his position in the team. I think you are just bitter, and if you can't take criticism you attack posters, very defensive and weak mentality.

He took advice from Wasim Akram before genius, try to check your facts before posting gibberish. I was trying to suggest a few pointers to make him an improved bowler, but it's pointless when your cricketing knowledge is trapped inside Bangladesh. Try to broaden your cricketing knowledge.

World's fastest bowler was Shoaib Akhtar not Khaled Mahmud

Ever heard of Adam Milne, I bet not. What happened when he first debuted against Pakistan? He was spanked from right to left, but then he worked under Bond on bowling different variation and ball in a consistent good line and length and is a much improved bowler. Hence his selection in World Cup. Ever heard of Matt Henry, he wasn't selected in the NZ team why? One or two performance doesn't merit an automatic selection. Who was selected Mills, but you don't know any cricketing news outside Bangladesh

Pointless getting into a discussion with you. Learn to take criticism mate, don't be such a wimp. Grow a pair

Khodafez
Wa 'alaikum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh, ya akhi al Bangladeshi al-gharbi! Ahlan wa sahlan...Kaifa huluka?

I have extended our traditional Bangladeshi hospitality and now get ready for the famous Bangladeshi Baansh Just kidding.

Look I am too old to know all the Milnes but I do know my Marshalls, Holdings, Lillies, Hadlees, Imrans, Wasims, Waqars, Pollocks and McGraths. That's more than enough. I assume you're quite an young brother so I will be polite here. Since you "bleed" green I, also, assume you're a young Pakistani who is very proud of your fast bowling heritage. That's all good and natural. But, my dear young fella you also must open the windows of your mostishko beyond Wasim and Pakistan. Your country have! You have foreign coaches for many years now. Look getting tips from greats like Wasim is absolut wunberbar and I am not against it at all. But, a fast bowler must go through a process and stages -can't live on tips. I am sure Taskin isn't the first Bangladeshi bowler who got helping hands form Wasim. Tips/coaching alone doesn't produce a fast bowler.

As I said, as Taskin plays more FC matches he will learn the art, he will know how to vary lengths to particular batters/pitches. That comes with experience. As for the technical stuff Streak is just as capable as the great Wasim -if not better. Inshaa Allah, Taskin is going to be a sensation and I sense some Pak brothers are a little upset because they can't have him. Instead, they are stuck with the Talhas and the Sohail Khans

Take good care now, akhi al saghir. ma'a salamah.

Yours,

Green and Red

Btw, you did hurt my feeling with that Kaled "Sleeping Hippo" Mamud comment!
Old February 27, 2015, 10:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Taskin seems like a good prospect, he has the physique and pace. His success in international arena will not only depend on how he is being groomed, his personal work ethics but also on the availability of supporting bowlers. If we can find couple more pace prospects, it will help take away the load from one bowler and prevent injury and burnout. Countries that have done well historically, always had at least 2 strike bowlers, Wasim and Waqar, Imran and Wasim, Dennis and Thompson, Ambrose and Walsh, Mcgrath and Lee.

After Mashrafe retires, I don't see any other good options. Rubel, Shafiul and Robiul can be a supporting third seamer at best.
Old February 27, 2015, 05:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Taskin is a very good prospect, I rckon along with mustafizur we could have the best fast bowling combo we've come across.
Old February 27, 2015, 11:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Taskin is a very good prospect, I rckon along with mustafizur we could have the best fast bowling combo we've come across.
First let us see Mustafizur in action. Any video?
Old February 28, 2015, 12:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Mitchell Johnson has been beaten memercilessly. NZ took 66 from 5 overs..lol Taskin figure looked way better. He just needs to bowl in right area.
Old February 28, 2015, 03:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
First let us see Mustafizur in action. Any video?
I wish there was video footage.
Old February 28, 2015, 03:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Hey BanCricFan, mate I enjoyed your comment once again. I think you have a good cricketing brain here, which is found wanting in some cases if you read the comments from some posters here. Keep them coming
My dear Tanvir,

Thank you very much. Very flattering and kind words there. I KNOW I have a cricket brain! Just being honest.

But, to be honest, what I said wasn't rocket science. Basic stuff really. Most discerning cricket (or sports) lovers will get this in an instance without much hassle. Just like our cricketers/board don't do the basics right our fans too are devoid of basic cricket knowledge. But, they THINK they know it all. Here comes the abuse and hate. Well, I am ready to take it all in my stride. Someone has to speak the truth. If they can abuse a lion-hearted Mashrafe...you know what I mean! Our people!

I am not here for a popularity contest nor do I have this putuputu disposition. Naturally, it will rub most of our putuputu members the wrong way. But, do I really care about their putuputu and sometime pathetic comments/opinions? If I was an admin or a mod I would ban most of them to give any cricketing opinions. Despite being here for many years, some of them still shows very little knowledge of cricket. Just like our anari cricketers. And, they expect not to be criticized, too.

Those knee-jerks! Taskin is our saviour...minutes later....drop him! Riyad should be nowhere near a cricket ground....no, Riyad has a better technique than Mushy. Mushy is a terrible wicket keeper, get ChockMock Sen in! Mash is the best captain EVER, beat him up in a masjid abroad and post-jumu'ah, too. Our cricketers get involved with the fans in the stands. Some of them have biriyani and ciggy induced manboobs and yet think themselves as Viv Richards. They shout soundbites like so and so is ordinary. Can we not have anything in-between the anaries and the overcools? Why are we like this??
Old February 28, 2015, 07:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliIndia
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report...-akram-2063893

Mohammed Shami soars after flying with Wasim Akram

Sometime during the tri-series preceding the World Cup, Mohammed Shami was preparing to take another tiring flight when he bumped into Wasim Akram at the airport. After the usual hi and hello, Akram came straight to the point. He told the 24-year-old that he wasn't impressed with whatever he had seen in the past couple of months.

Now Akram had reason to be disappointed. In the four-Test series, which India lost 0-2, Shami repeatedly bowled, what MS Dhoni would call "boundary balls", effectively releasing the pressure created from the other end. Yes, he picked up 15 wickets, but they came at a horrible average of 35.80. Why, he even gave away nearly four an over. In the ODI series involving Australia and England, Shami painted a poorer picture of himself by picking up two wickets in four games at 49.

Now, Shami and Akram go a long way. It was the Pakistan legend who spotted him at the Kolkata Knight Riders nets a few years ago. Back then, Shami was one of the many bowlers sweating it out on the Ranji circuit. But Akram foresaw great things for Shami. Every time he would visit Kolkata, journalists would ask him to name one pacer to watch out for. And every time, Akram would take Shami's name. The rest is obviously history.

Let's go back to that conversation at the airport.

When it was time to board the plane, Akram realised he was travelling business class and Shami economy. Well, there are only so many business class seats on a domestic flight. Never mind, Shami thought. He requested the Indian team management to allow him to sit next to Akram. Thankfully, they agreed.

Again, Akram came straight to the point. He gave Shami an earful for 'jogging' towards the wicket. A fast bowler has to steam in, he reminded Shami. That apart, he emphasised the need for speed. Shami is known to bowl at 140 kph and above on a consistent basis. Akram told him that was his biggest strength. Make up your mind to bowl at 140 kph first. Then, learn to swing, cut and reverse the ball at that speed, he said. There's no way, Akram told Shami, that he should compromise on pace.

Shami, who acknowledges Akram as his guru, paid heed to the advice. It's common knowledge that it's Akram who taught Shami how to reverse the old ball and maintain its shape. Interestingly, Shami had once revealed that Akram taught him a lot when it came to using the white ball. Lest we forget, Shami had a great time with the white ball in ODIs in 2014. In fact, he was among the highest wicket-takers in the 50-over game last year.

Shami has had a dream start to the World Cup. Against Pakistan in Adelaide, he picked up 4/35. Against South Africa in Melbourne, he returned figures of 2/30. That's six wickets on two high-pressure games at an average of 10.83, economy rate of 3.82 and strike rate of 17. Yes, it's still early days in the tournament but the point is that Shami is very much on the right track.

Against Pakistan, Shami got Younis Khan with a sharp bouncer in only his second over. He used the short ball to get rid of skipper Misbah-ul-Haq too. And in between, he forced Shahid Afridi to make room and heave at a thigh-high full toss. Afridi only managed a top edge which was duly taken by a running Virat Kohli. He also had Wahab Riaz caught behind. During his nine overs, Shami gave away just four boundaries.

Last Sunday, Shami produced a wicket maiden as early as the fourth over. His victim was the baby-faced assassin, Quinton de Kock, whose last three outings against India were all centuries. Shami bowled one just short of a length and all the left-hander could do was play a nothing drive into the hands of Kohli at mid-off. Towards the end of the innings, he got Dale Steyn. In between, he kept the pressure on by giving away a grand total of two boundaries.

Quite clearly, Shami has made up for the absence of Ishant Sharma. In fact, he has quietly assumed the role of the lead pacer. That's how effective he has been. One noticeable aspect of his bowling is the intelligent use of the short ball. Against Pakistan, he went round the wicket to Misbah after claiming the wicket Younis early. The Shami of old — OK, not so old — would bowl pacy length balls and get clobbered. Now, thanks to Akram's inputs, he is bringing his imagination to work. And the results are showing.
Hahaha All credit goes to Another Pakistani well if a Flight Conversation can do this much to him, I wonder, what a night with Akram would do to him...why not close down MRF and Other pace academies, instead spend nights with Akram or other Pakistani pacers

Wait, its a weak Pakistani line up that he bowled .. Have seen many one night wonders from Indian pacers and the next night he is taken to the cleaners. Let him play as long as Mashrae played, or atleast play a few more tournaments, we will see & compare what he does. People just need to see a few matches to figure him out like all others. Then if he has quality he will survive or he Will be doomed...so give that time before you make him a hero...don't get elated by one article and one performance indian media has the habit of making heros from nowhere, specially a pace starved nation will do that more with a little glimpse of success from a new pacer. So let's wait for the reality to unvail... hopes he comes out as a good pacer for India.
Old February 28, 2015, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AdamGilchrist,TaskinAhmed

Mitchell Johnson went for 66 in 6 overs. So he is still not ready for international cricket yet.
Old February 28, 2015, 03:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Mitchell Johnson went for 66 in 6 overs. So he is still not ready for international cricket yet.
Have you seen the game? The boundaries were about 45m (shortest) to 65m. He was bowling at McCullum who is in supreme hitting form. While we played at MCG with 80m boundaries and Taskin got smacked in early to mid overs when batsmen when batsmen werent event looking to accelerate.

Comparing Johnson to Taskin is like comparing Axar Patel with Shakib.
Old February 28, 2015, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AdamGilchrist,TaskinAhmed

^ Jason Holder went for 108 in 10 overs.
Old February 28, 2015, 05:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

Some posters are indeed bipolar. They go from "we have a good chance of beating Australia" and "Taskin is world-class" to "this piece of crap team will definitely lose against Scotland" and "Mashrafe is the worst player and captain we've ever had" on a regular basis.
Old February 28, 2015, 06:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
^ Jason Holder went for 108 in 10 overs.
and no one said Holder is world class bowler. He wakes up everyday thinking how he became WI captain.
Old February 28, 2015, 11:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Taskin will come stronger. Don't worry.
Old February 28, 2015, 11:36 PM
Cricket Guru

He's young and still learning, bowlers get hit sometimes, he's still the best fast bowling prospect in BD.
Old March 1, 2015, 07:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

He needs support
Old March 1, 2015, 12:54 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: De Villiers.

Taskin impressed me for sure. I will back him to come very good, going forward in the future.
Old March 1, 2015, 10:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Most of his balls have been short, I think he was nervous. He needs to pitch up and in-line with the stumps. What pitching up also does other than increasing the chance of wicket is that the speed recorded is significantly higher. So if Taskin wants to reach those 150ks, he has to bowl a yorker/good length deliveries/ or even a real low fulltoss. Hope he has a cracker against Scots and English.
Old March 1, 2015, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Hahaha All credit goes to Another Pakistani well if a Flight Conversation can do this much to him, I wonder, what a night with Akram would do to him...why not close down MRF and Other pace academies, instead spend nights with Akram or other Pakistani pacers

Wait, its a weak Pakistani line up that he bowled .. Have seen many one night wonders from Indian pacers and the next night he is taken to the cleaners. Let him play as long as Mashrae played, or atleast play a few more tournaments, we will see & compare what he does. People just need to see a few matches to figure him out like all others. Then if he has quality he will survive or he Will be doomed...so give that time before you make him a hero...don't get elated by one article and one performance indian media has the habit of making heros from nowhere, specially a pace starved nation will do that more with a little glimpse of success from a new pacer. So let's wait for the reality to unvail... hopes he comes out as a good pacer for India.
If you are trying to make fun of both India and Pakistan in your posts; you have achieved it. But unfortunately without much logic.
A bowler with some experience and fair bit of quality, which Shami has, can learn a lot from a great bowler like Akram, denying that would be childish. Shami and Taskin are on two different class. Taskin does have a potential to be a good bowler but he is a long ways away. Just because they both can bowl at the same speed doesn't mean they will have the same output spending time with Akram or others. For Taskin to be successful and implement tips and tricks learned from others, he needs to hone basic skills first.
Old March 1, 2015, 11:40 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sabbir, soumya

19 years old you guys... 19.

Sangakkara has played 15 years of cricket. Keep that in perspective.
Old Yesterday, 12:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Doesnt matter what he perform , still he is the best fast bowler bangladesh found after mashraffie , he is a genuine quick for bangladesh , every where every body even commentator were praising him for his bowling against afgan , it was just sad day it was nothing for the baller against srilanka i saw the match live , and same thing happen with england vs srilanka game too they couldnt get wicket , taskin will bounce back against scotish and hopefully will get some confident for england clash
Old Yesterday, 02:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Few good words by Taskin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hon8BSJwoc
Old Yesterday, 06:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav
Few good words by Taskin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hon8BSJwoc
Taskin still very innocent...