facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #426  
Old April 2, 2014, 02:07 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,013

the ball that bowled maxwell was a good one, swung back in which is why he got his man, didn't think the commentators gave him enough credit for the ball that was bowled, they seemed to be a bit shocked that he missed it and didn't understand how he could have when on replay you can clearly see there was some late inswing.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old April 2, 2014, 03:05 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
the ball that bowled maxwell was a good one, swung back in which is why he got his man, didn't think the commentators gave him enough credit for the ball that was bowled, they seemed to be a bit shocked that he missed it and didn't understand how he could have when on replay you can clearly see there was some late inswing.
i was thinking the same thing

but he did get away with some lose offside deliveries, i think the aussies were surprised with his pace
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old April 2, 2014, 03:08 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i was thinking the same thing

but he did get away with some lose offside deliveries, i think the aussies were surprised with his pace
he got away with some deliveries that were on the legs as well, mainly to left handers, i think he was having trouble adjusting his line bowling between the right handers and lefties.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old April 2, 2014, 05:19 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: Chicago
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
the ball that bowled maxwell was a good one, swung back in which is why he got his man, didn't think the commentators gave him enough credit for the ball that was bowled, they seemed to be a bit shocked that he missed it and didn't understand how he could have when on replay you can clearly see there was some late inswing.
It was still a full toss...could have easily been put away. Especially a batsman of the caliber of Maxwell. How many "4 balls" did Ashraful miss out on in his career, lol? But I guess that puts even more credit to Taskin, doesn't it?
__________________
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old April 2, 2014, 05:29 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,013

It dipped as well, it actually hit the stumps quite low, a late dipping in swinger bowled at 140kph even if it is a bit high is still a very difficult ball to handle, especially in a t20 when you are looking to hit. Was it perfect? No but it was still a good ball.
Reply With Quote
  #431  
Old April 2, 2014, 06:42 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,404

Loved to see him in action. He didn't dishearted me.
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old April 2, 2014, 07:55 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: Chicago
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
It dipped as well, it actually hit the stumps quite low, a late dipping in swinger bowled at 140kph even if it is a bit high is still a very difficult ball to handle, especially in a t20 when you are looking to hit. Was it perfect? No but it was still a good ball.
You're right! I had forgotten but on the first replay last night, I remember thinking "jeez, was that Pont's butterfly ball???"
__________________
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old April 2, 2014, 01:58 PM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
You're right! I had forgotten but on the first replay last night, I remember thinking "jeez, was that Pont's butterfly ball???"
I look forward to welcoming Taskin to www.ultimatepacefoundation.com in due course

It will be good to hook up with him again face to face once more
__________________
Vaughan, "The Bangladesh team are no better now than they were when they started as a Test Nation in 2000.... Actually I reckon they are Worse...."
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old April 2, 2014, 02:15 PM
Saifulsohel Saifulsohel is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 21, 2011
Location: Dhaka,Bd
Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul
Posts: 1,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I look forward to welcoming Taskin to www.ultimatepacefoundation.com in due course

It will be good to hook up with him again face to face once more
Wb coach.
__________________
A cricket-lover engineer
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old April 3, 2014, 12:28 AM
Rana Melb Rana Melb is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 12, 2014
Posts: 463

Thanks to BCB to give taskin a chance in the highest level,

Now we have some good frontline fast bowlers:
1. Mashrafee (1day n T20)
2. Al Amin (1day,T20)
3. Taskin(1day n T20)
4. Zia (1day n T20)
5. Robiul (test)

Bench:-
1. Rubel
2. Shaiful
3. Abul
__________________
Love is blind..& I love team Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Old April 3, 2014, 12:34 AM
tanvir_nus's Avatar
tanvir_nus tanvir_nus is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 17, 2005
Location: the heart of the tiger
Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Posts: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I look forward to welcoming Taskin to www.ultimatepacefoundation.com in due course

It will be good to hook up with him again face to face once more
Does this mean he is already heading there?
__________________
Taskin Ahmed Tazim - The future
Edited: The future is here. The next big thing for Bangladeshi Cricket.
143 KPH - 18 years - Against Aussies - 1st April, 2014
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Old April 3, 2014, 12:38 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Does this mean he is already heading there?
Not yet. The BCB would have to fund it and it's RM's role to secure that. But the facility is open and available to all.
__________________
Vaughan, "The Bangladesh team are no better now than they were when they started as a Test Nation in 2000.... Actually I reckon they are Worse...."
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Old April 9, 2014, 03:57 AM
Rana Melb Rana Melb is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 12, 2014
Posts: 463

Good to see that Wasim Akram spoke high about Taskin and gave him some tips.

Source:Somoy TV
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Old April 9, 2014, 04:02 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Not yet. The BCB would have to fund it and it's RM's role to secure that. But the facility is open and available to all.
Ian, why not give him a scholarship? Would be a great win-win for all parties concerned.
Reply With Quote
  #440  
Old April 9, 2014, 04:20 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,278

Watched him on news yesterday to talk with Wasim Akram regarding his grip and hand movement. He seems very happy.

Off-topic: Watching that one thing came to my mind, what BCB is doing to teach these players basic English. Without basic English, how can you expect these players to learn from coaches ? Taskin was struggling to ask questions to Wasim, later he started conversation in Urdu/Hindi.
__________________
Char Chokha hoi hoi....chulkani' r por balls gelo koi ?
Reply With Quote
  #441  
Old April 9, 2014, 08:06 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Gareth Bale
Posts: 5,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Source:Somoy TV
Aaah good ol' Somoy tv. I remember when they caught the Rana plaza guy and he was in some RAB car. Somoy tv were speeding behind it with a live video feed. It was like GTA but in the streets of Dhaka. Riveting stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old April 9, 2014, 08:25 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist
Posts: 2,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Watched him on news yesterday to talk with Wasim Akram regarding his grip and hand movement. He seems very happy.

Off-topic: Watching that one thing came to my mind, what BCB is doing to teach these players basic English. Without basic English, how can you expect these players to learn from coaches ? Taskin was struggling to ask questions to Wasim, later he started conversation in Urdu/Hindi.
I don't think BCB need to do anything about teaching players English.

These guys are professionals for the sake of humanity! If these guys are to be spoon-fed at this level then I have nothing to say. I never was fluent when it came to English as a result I was poor when it came to debating. So I improved my English by reading plenty of English reports on Daily Star and hence improved my fluency. Basically, I had to do it on my own.

Its just like what Athar and Pont said. Some of our boys don't want to give an extra effort the reason why they are underachievers. This why we have players with super talent turning out to be super-mediocre : Ashraful, Shahriar Nafees, etc. Its not only restricted to technical work but several other things. If our boys worked harder, practiced their English, dowloaded batting and bowling videos, improved their fitness I would bet on my soul that we would have atleast a dozen quality, if not world class, in our international setup. Sometimes, we blame BCB so much yet we ignore the failure of the players. BCB gave everything possible to Nasir. The lad forgot cricket and started running after models
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old April 9, 2014, 08:28 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Gareth Bale
Posts: 5,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
BCB gave everything possible to Nasir. The lad forgot cricket and started running after models
Or maybe he is just out of form. No?
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old April 9, 2014, 08:31 AM
syedmahm's Avatar
syedmahm syedmahm is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2004
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
Maybe finally we found a pacer who had orange juice.

He looks nice and fit in that pic. Seems to have gained a lotta weight, good weight. He doesn't need to bulk up anymore.







Proper development and us? lol.

Better play him in every game in every format now because in 3 yrs time he'll have a bhuri, and in 4 yrs time he'll marry someone from Bogura.
Jotil. In most cases this is true.
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Old April 9, 2014, 10:11 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist
Posts: 2,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Or maybe he is just out of form. No?
Being out of form is understandable.

But Nasir's body language is what is questionnable. He comes out to bat with the intent to go back to the pavillion ASAP. His fielding has been poor as well, both catching and ground fielding.
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old April 9, 2014, 02:46 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Gareth Bale
Posts: 5,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Being out of form is understandable.

But Nasir's body language is what is questionnable. He comes out to bat with the intent to go back to the pavillion ASAP. His fielding has been poor as well, both catching and ground fielding.
We can't speculate on such things. Yes his body language might be poor but that might be due to his confidence being low and him being out of form. I wouldn't question Nasir's commitement especially when he has said things like "I would die for Bangladesh cricket" and "cricket is my life".
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old April 9, 2014, 03:17 PM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 3,868

With such long break for the international assignment it is time to clean the house and get things organized. We did so well against NZ first time as we had an organized coaching setup in place. BCB should bring back Ian and start a pace bowling coaching camp....sending one of two bowlers abroad for a week or two won't help much...
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old April 9, 2014, 09:50 PM
mij mij is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 21, 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
We can't speculate on such things. Yes his body language might be poor but that might be due to his confidence being low and him being out of form. I wouldn't question Nasir's commitement especially when he has said things like "I would die for Bangladesh cricket" and "cricket is my life".
Well he didn't show any sign of that's wt20. I am really disappointed with him, not only him whole team.
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old April 9, 2014, 10:22 PM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 1,798

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
With such long break for the international assignment it is time to clean the house and get things organized. We did so well against NZ first time as we had an organized coaching setup in place. BCB should bring back Ian and start a pace bowling coaching camp....sending one of two bowlers abroad for a week or two won't help much...
Correct. In the late 90's, SLC used to send its pace prospects to MRF Pace Foundation for a week or two of training. Later they realized there is no benefit. Players would go learn a thing or two, come back and return to old self. So instead they started their own initiative which would groom bowlers round the calendar-look after their fitness, diet, skill etc.

I ve communicated the idea of a pace academy to individuals from well known corporations. No MRF in BD! Nobody gives a damn. Even the GP Pace Hunt has gone extinct.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket