facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #176  
Old September 3, 2012, 06:25 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,857

congrats India.
NZ can't play spin ,it's as simple as that.
Whatever they knew forgot due to Vettori's absence.
I wish we could have a test series against NZ.
Rather than playing/inviting Zim , although a Test series against Zim would be good.
__________________
আমার সত্ত্বা ভেঙ্গে টুকড়ে একদম একাকার
অশরীরীর মত আমি মানুষ নই যে আর !
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old September 3, 2012, 07:36 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,455

Pujara looked painfully uncomfortable against quality spin, pace, drift and swing at fullish length. But, he may have done enough to play at least a couple of more test matches. I don't see him succeeding in Australia, England or RSA.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old September 5, 2012, 09:23 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,914

someone for india to keep an eye on since he opens and GG and sehwag aren't doing so well and mukund looked out of depth when given his chances. PA Reddy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThukLHm6VTc
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old September 11, 2012, 11:57 AM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 7,534

Beating India in India is not an easy feat. Feeling sorry for Yuvi though.
Congratz NZ. Those who are thinking beating NZ in the WC will be easy, think again.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old September 11, 2012, 12:43 PM
SS SS is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 24, 2004
Posts: 9,566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Beating India in India is not an easy feat. Feeling sorry for Yuvi though.
Amago kobor ase jodi Tamim and Motin kisu na kore taile jitte parum na..onno gula to khali 20 30 koira out hoibo...bowling to aki dosha ...M'ullah mone hoi unnoti korse...

agree Nz deserves deserves kudos especially bowlers to restrict Ind as they got such good batting..Kohli shines again...Yuvi seems to be back...damn gota give credit to his mental strength...Motin needs to hang out with this guy and give him some hilsa if he can give him some tipcs to gain mental strength
Reply With Quote
  #181  
Old September 11, 2012, 01:34 PM
Achilles Achilles is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 20, 2009
Posts: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Pujara looked painfully uncomfortable against quality spin, pace, drift and swing at fullish length. But, he may have done enough to play at least a couple of more test matches. I don't see him succeeding in Australia, England or RSA.
Sohel...Hi...are we talking about the same Pujara? Or are you in a diiferent universe?....Or maybe you are overlooking his amazing beginning against the Aussies and the Saffers.....or maybe you are just plain nitpicking.......on the matter if succeeding against opponents he has done well against (in the past)....only time will tell...but I can tell you one thing....he will do way better than a lot of players especially from your neck of the woods.....sorry if it offends you....but maybe you need to be less biased against Indian players! Oh and for the records....no one has been confortable against spin, pace, drift and swing at fullish length on a consistent basis!
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old September 11, 2012, 02:00 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Sohel...Hi...are we talking about the same Pujara? Or are you in a diiferent universe?....Or maybe you are overlooking his amazing beginning against the Aussies and the Saffers.....or maybe you are just plain nitpicking.......on the matter if succeeding against opponents he has done well against (in the past)....only time will tell...but I can tell you one thing....he will do way better than a lot of players especially from your neck of the woods.....sorry if it offends you....but maybe you need to be less biased against Indian players! Oh and for the records....no one has been confortable against spin, pace, drift and swing at fullish length on a consistent basis!
OK, the part in bold just pissed me right off. You want to argue with the points he made, fine, but don't take things out of context. Just because he is Bangladeshi doesn't mean he has to worship every Indian player that's out there. Show me where in his post he dissed Indian players in general or claimed that Bangladeshi batsmen are superior. Please, show me, because you seem to see something that I don't.

Maybe you should do your research before you jerk your knee? Go look at the name of the guy who opened this thread. Show me where in that thread the same guy hasn't praised Kohli profusely to the point where it seems he'd marry him if he had the chance. Please show me, because you seem to see something that I don't.

It's so easy to just jump on somebody and so hard to challenge their argument without making it personal, isn't it? Not allowed to criticize players of a certain background just because someone is from a certain place that doesn't produce great cricketers? What kind of racist crap is that? Are you going to remind a cricket fan from Mongolia about the virtually non-existent state of his country's cricket the minute he posts something negative about a Test player?

Keep things in context.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old September 11, 2012, 03:00 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

^ +1. For some reason India/Pak always feel the need to rub in the fact that we don't have any great players when we talk about their palayers. As if just because we are BD supporter we don't have the right to judge their player.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old September 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
JamshedPK JamshedPK is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: September 10, 2012
Posts: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Sohel...Hi...are we talking about the same Pujara? Or are you in a diiferent universe?....Or maybe you are overlooking his amazing beginning against the Aussies and the Saffers.....or maybe you are just plain nitpicking.......on the matter if succeeding against opponents he has done well against (in the past)....only time will tell...but I can tell you one thing....he will do way better than a lot of players especially from your neck of the woods.....sorry if it offends you....but maybe you need to be less biased against Indian players! Oh and for the records....no one has been confortable against spin, pace, drift and swing at fullish length on a consistent basis!
Oh God Indian Players... In T20 @ Home lost 2 NZ, Dhoni The Hero:
22 of 23 balls, strike rate: 95.65, where others had minimum strike rate of 120+. In normal pitches ( bit hard pitch's, as Indian play on flat pitches), this guys sucks, I just wish on Sept 17 the pitch is a good one, see ajmal make indian batsmen look like a fool.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old September 11, 2012, 03:09 PM
JamshedPK JamshedPK is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: September 10, 2012
Posts: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
^ +1. For some reason India/Pak always feel the need to rub in the fact that we don't have any great players when we talk about their palayers. As if just because we are BD supporter we don't have the right to judge their player.
how can you say only india and pakistan, you should add Ireland, Afghanistan, scotland and Netherland (they all believe in the same concept, BD is a capable team to beat) I hope Bangla invites team's like Kenya + Canada for some tours
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old September 11, 2012, 03:54 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,803

Agree wholeheartedly with Asif's post. Sohel is one of the most liberal minded Bangladeshi out there who I know, he gives credit where it's due, and I even learned from him that one can attach (pbuh) after Sri Kishna as well too out of respect.

And what is funny is how these random posters only pop up to make a mountain out of molehill while, as Asif pointed out, not bothering to do research.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old September 11, 2012, 04:22 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamshedPK
how can you say only india and pakistan, you should add Ireland, Afghanistan, scotland and Netherland (they all believe in the same concept, BD is a capable team to beat) I hope Bangla invites team's like Kenya + Canada for some tours
Genius, did you even read what I wrote?? Where did I say which teams thinks that they are capable of beating us? I said some India/Pak fans think BD supporters have no right to judge India/Pak players because our players are not good.

Read what people write first, try to understand what people are talking about before making completely random post.
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old September 11, 2012, 04:25 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 10,937

LOL @ Dhoni blaming the pitch. You lost by ONE run, it wasn't the pitch. Way to take the responsibility for your failures.

48 from 40, RR: 9.15, RRR: 7.00 -- when he walked in. Even if the pitch was dug up and changed completely, you gotta get those runs with SEVEN wickets in hand, specially with Indian line up, in home condition.

I'm not jumping on India for losing. I'm not one of those people who looks for every chance they get to bash the other teams. I am just highly disappointed @ Dhoni's comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Genius, did you even read what I wrote?? Where did I say which teams thinks that they are capable of beating us? I said some India/Pak fans think BD supporters have no right to judge India/Pak players because our players are not good.

Read what people write first, try to understand what people are talking about before making completely random post.
He just topped Dhnoi's comments...
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old September 11, 2012, 07:14 PM
scoilaheez scoilaheez is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2006
Location: Melbourne
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 1,382

James Franklin was highly impressive with the ball. His slower ball is something our players will have to watch some footage of. If he gets through 4 good overs with the ball it makes their team a lot stronger proposition.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old September 12, 2012, 03:02 AM
Achilles Achilles is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 20, 2009
Posts: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
OK, the part in bold just pissed me right off. You want to argue with the points he made, fine, but don't take things out of context. Just because he is Bangladeshi doesn't mean he has to worship every Indian player that's out there. Show me where in his post he dissed Indian players in general or claimed that Bangladeshi batsmen are superior. Please, show me, because you seem to see something that I don't.

Maybe you should do your research before you jerk your knee? Go look at the name of the guy who opened this thread. Show me where in that thread the same guy hasn't praised Kohli profusely to the point where it seems he'd marry him if he had the chance. Please show me, because you seem to see something that I don't.

It's so easy to just jump on somebody and so hard to challenge their argument without making it personal, isn't it? Not allowed to criticize players of a certain background just because someone is from a certain place that doesn't produce great cricketers? What kind of racist crap is that? Are you going to remind a cricket fan from Mongolia about the virtually non-existent state of his country's cricket the minute he posts something negative about a Test player?

Keep things in context.
Ok. When Sohel makes a sweeping statement on a player all of 5 tests old, that he will not succeed.....that is dissing.....or maybe you still dont see it. Pujara is good...will he be great? I dont know. But I for one will not say that I cannot see him succeeding.

Second point - what else do you do but praise Kohli? He is having a fantastic second season is it not? But then if you go by his entry in to cricket....he wasn't all that hot....just showing that he is learning fast. Thats why Sohel's point on Pujara was not correct. We still have to wait and watch.

Point 3.....sweeping statements that convey nothing cuts both ways.....when I dissed Bangladeshi players....all you guys made a mountain out of a moelhill too? Didnt you not feel aggrieved? And I had not highlighted that statement. I just made it like Sohel...who said that he dosen't see Pujara succeed against Australia, Englad and South Africa.

Point 4....you guys talk of research.....what resesarch on a man only 5 tests old? I have been following his batting for about 7-8 years now....he has the technique and patience for Test cricket. He also has the shots and balance and on a bouncy track with windy conditions he did allright. Only time will tell. Right now research on only 8 innings is neither here nor there.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old September 12, 2012, 03:16 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,803

I think this discussion will ultimately reach What Achilles said to the Tortoise, ie pretty much go around in circle.

Sohel can defend himself but let me give you an example of the trigger-fire response from Point #4. By research, what we meant was not on the player but on the member you accuse of bias.

Also it seems he committed a crime by making a "sweeping statement"; to reiterate Asif, do all of us have to "worship" the Indian players? You just proved what we were trying to drive at it.

Oh well.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old September 12, 2012, 08:03 AM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

Achilles, I see my post went way over your head. Go take Reading 101 and then we'll talk.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old September 12, 2012, 08:55 AM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

Achilles one yes/no type question for you, the original post from Sohel bro that you quoted, did it mention anything about how BD batsman would do in comparison to Pujara? Just a yes or No will do.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old September 12, 2012, 11:46 AM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 10,937

Ok, ok, ok. Lets say SNR was too quick to judge Pujara. Even then, does that have ANYTHING to do with how players from SNR's country play? Another yes or no question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Sohel can defend himself but let me give you an example of the trigger-fire response from Point #4. By research, what we meant was not on the player but on the member you accuse of bias.
Lol. *Whoosh* Did he even read that post?
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old September 12, 2012, 02:10 PM
Achilles Achilles is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 20, 2009
Posts: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Achilles, I see my post went way over your head. Go take Reading 101 and then we'll talk.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Good for you. Yeah it went way above my head......you should be happy...have fun. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?...Non in my opinion....
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old September 12, 2012, 02:15 PM
Achilles Achilles is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 20, 2009
Posts: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Achilles one yes/no type question for you, the original post from Sohel bro that you quoted, did it mention anything about how BD batsman would do in comparison to Pujara? Just a yes or No will do.
No. As an answer....my opinion....he was dissing! PUJARA.....so I compared Pujara to some Bangladeshi batsmen.....anyways...you guys win this argument....in 10 years time...we can get back and discuss Test averages....and see where we stand. My point was dont diss an Indian batsmen on the basis of 5 tests......because if you do the I have every right to diss your batsmen with considerable more tests who have amounted to nothing......and sorry if this truts hurts!
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old September 12, 2012, 02:27 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

^ No the truth doesn't hurt, what it does is hurts your argument. So according to you BD fans have no right to 'judge' your Indian batsmans simply because of the fact that we are BD fans? Read I used the word judge not diss. Maybe you should put away your bias and read his post for what it is, which is simply a cricket fan's opinion on a cricket player. His opinion on Pujara is in no way related to where he is from or which team he support.

All he said was Pujara looked uncomfortable against certain kind of bowling? How in the world did you get diss from that?

Pujara's ability as a batsman is in no way related the the quality of Batsmans BD has. If you think his judgement is wrong on Pujara than argue with him regarding Pujara's ability as a btsman. You brining in the fact that BD batsman's suck makes your argument weak. You are so desperate to get back at him for 'dissing' your batsman, you have to take a cheap shot.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old September 12, 2012, 02:36 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
^ No the truth doesn't hurt, what it does is hurts your argument. So according to you BD fans have no right to 'judge' your Indian batsmans simply because of the fact that we are BD fans? Read I used the word judge not diss. Maybe you should put away your bias and read his post for what it is, which is simply a cricket fan's opinion on a cricket player. His opinion on Pujara is in no way related to where he is from or which team he support.

All he said was Pujara looked uncomfortable against certain kind of bowling? How in the world did you get diss from that?

Pujara's ability as a batsman is in no way related the the quality of Batsmans BD has. If you think his judgement is wrong on Pujara than argue with him regarding Pujara's ability as a btsman. You brining in the fact that BD batsman's suck makes your argument weak. You are so desperate to get back at him for 'dissing' your batsman, you have to take a cheap shot.
And that's how you read. Watch and learn, for those who can't.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old September 12, 2012, 03:22 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 10,937

^ Write*

Next time I see an Indian commenting on fast bowlers ... *push up my sleeves*
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old September 12, 2012, 03:24 PM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 2,765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
LOL @ Dhoni blaming the pitch. You lost by ONE run, it wasn't the pitch. Way to take the responsibility for your failures.


this is what he actually said :
Quote:
Dhoni said that he was not going to offer any excuses for the late choke that did India in. "I felt it was definitely not out of reach at any stage, especially after the platform set by Kohli," he said. "We planned to take it till the end. We had two set batsmen. We reached a good position in the end but sometimes it doesn't work out. It was tough on Rohit Sharma, given the situation he came out to bat, but Yuvi and I should have finished it off, so I take the blame."
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket