facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old September 8, 2012, 03:23 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is online now
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
dude i just agreed wtih you and now you change your stance. You hate me or something? what kinda lawyer are you? better not represent me...

you are supposed to stand up for what you say even if you are wrong....that's a sign of a good lawyer and a real man...

you suck.
My suggestion was based on the assumption that Miraz bhai's daughter only wanted to raise money. Then Boss and Miraz bhai tell me that they want to give a 'teachable lesson' to Miraz bhai's daughter as well as raise funds. It's like a client changing their instructions in the middle of court proceedings. You go with the flow and change tack. The client is always right.
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old September 8, 2012, 03:30 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
My suggestion was based on the assumption that Miraz bhai's daughter only wanted to raise money. Then Boss and Miraz bhai tell me that they want to give a 'teachable lesson' to Miraz bhai's daughter as well as raise funds. It's like a client changing their instructions in the middle of court proceedings. You go with the flow and change tack. The client is always right.
but in this case you were representing yourself, not anyone else. you lose buddy...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old September 8, 2012, 03:37 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is online now
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
but in this case you were representing yourself, not anyone else. you lose buddy...
Was I giving a suggestion for my own benefit? The fundraising has nothing to do with me or any personal interest of mine. (In legal terms, I have no locus standi) I was giving a suggestion to an independent party - the party that does have a vested interest in the matter - and thus I give the lawyer-client with vested interest analogy.
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old September 8, 2012, 03:41 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,558

so contributing to charity is not your interest? its only of interest to Miraz' 7 year old daughter? Humanity have reached new heights buddy.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old September 8, 2012, 03:54 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is online now
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
so contributing to charity is not your interest? its only of interest to Miraz' 7 year old daughter? Humanity have reached new heights buddy.
Indeed it has Idumb bhai. Since when did the ordinary public think lawyers were a part of 'humanity'?

P.S. Sorry for derailing thread
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old September 8, 2012, 07:01 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,900

There is a new kid on the block.

Let the bidding continue.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old September 9, 2012, 03:10 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
There is a new kid on the block.

Let the bidding continue.
who is this guy?? ... reveal yourself!! probably navo..... Just outbid you!

navo didn't have a chance in argument, I hardly doubt he will have chance with me in bidding war...
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old September 9, 2012, 03:22 AM
F6_Turbo F6_Turbo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 19, 2011
Location: A hospital near you
Favorite Player: Brian Lara
Posts: 2,552

up to 46 quid now
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old September 9, 2012, 05:56 AM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
up to 46 quid now
Great!!

Thanks everyone for your support for a good cause.

According to Save the Children, £1 is sufficient for 1 week food of a child in a poor country.
Can we make it for a year (52 weeks)?
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old September 9, 2012, 08:37 AM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is online now
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
who is this guy?? ... reveal yourself!! probably navo..... Just outbid you!

navo didn't have a chance in argument, I hardly doubt he will have chance with me in bidding war...
Says the man who had to resort to the 'humanity' card - against a lawyer
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old September 9, 2012, 09:48 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Says the man who had to resort to the 'humanity' card - against a lawyer
good to know your self respect is that high. you are so happy to be defined by a stereo type.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old September 9, 2012, 09:52 AM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is online now
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
dude i just agreed wtih you and now you change your stance. You hate me or something? what kinda lawyer are you? better not represent me...

you are supposed to stand up for what you say even if you are wrong....that's a sign of a good lawyer and a real man...

you suck.
I'm only continuing what you started
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old September 9, 2012, 09:59 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,558

so you decided to defend "you not being a real man" and not your initial stance that charity should get as much money as possible......

yes we can....you can be whatever you want...God bless America.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old September 9, 2012, 11:20 AM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is online now
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
so you decided to defend "you not being a real man" and not your initial stance that charity should get as much money as possible......

yes we can....you can be whatever you want...God bless America.
Actually, my initial stance was to promote Justgiving. I still promote the site. Always have.

I'm also trying to pretend to conform to the stereotype of a lawyer - because, because...because I just want to be liked man

(lawyers are needy like that. ticks another cliche off)
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old September 9, 2012, 11:37 AM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Great!!

Thanks everyone for your support for a good cause.

According to Save the Children, £1 is sufficient for 1 week food of a child in a poor country.
Can we make it for a year (52 weeks)?
Nearly there. Up to £51 now.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old September 9, 2012, 12:03 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Actually, my initial stance was to promote Justgiving. I still promote the site. Always have.
so you did have self interest then. Make up your mind navo.... one way or the other way.... don't be willy nilly.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old September 9, 2012, 01:33 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is online now
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
so you did have self interest then. Make up your mind navo.... one way or the other way.... don't be willy nilly.
I hear they used to call Bill Clinton that.
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old September 9, 2012, 02:20 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
I hear they used to call Bill Clinton that.
right except bill clinton doesn't usually lose an argument.... and he makes sense.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old September 9, 2012, 03:29 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is online now
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
right except bill clinton doesn't usually lose an argument.... and he makes sense.
Ooh. Burn. My confidence is destroyed after 'losing' a contrived argument with someone who resorts to 'you're not a man', 'where's your humanity', 'why do you conform to a stereotype' as rebuttals to two simple points: 1) Justgiving is a good site for fundraising and I promote it as such to those parties who are interested in fund raising and 2) I have no vested 'self interest' in this matter as I do not benefit from such promotion monetarily or non-monetarily and proffer point 1 simply as advice.

When my advice was politely turned down - because the OP wanted his daughter to learn more from the fundraising process than simply raising money efficiently - I accepted the reasoning behind that. Again, that's because I don't have a vested interest in the matter.

On this point, you raised the issue that good lawyers stand by their beliefs even if they're wrong. You seem to have thought that my post was intended to stridently persuade Miraz bhai to opt for Justgiving, much in the way a debater would, while it was simply suggested as friendly advice. A debater has his own self interest at heart - winning the argument - while a detached adviser (legal, non-legal, wtv.) does not have any interest in mind, he/she simply delivers advice according to the circumstances and issues raised by the advisee/client and adjusts it pursuant to any change in the above.

As an aside, your view illustrates a misunderstanding of the judicial process and certainly a misunderstanding of how a person gives advice, as opposed to a debating proposition. As you've been so kind as to respond to all my posts, I'll sate your curiosity - a lawyer, in conference with his client, has to make value judgments and strongly encourage his client to tell the truth but once he's received final instructions from his client, he is entitled to assume that what his client said is the truth and address the court as such. It's up to the judge or jury to determine whether he's speaking the truth or not; whether he's right or not.

So, in effect, in most cases the lawyer cannot ever be sure whether he is representing 'the right side' or not till the jury/judge returns with a verdict. If we changed the analogous roles slightly, where I was an advocate for a paying, desperate faceless client instead of an adviser and the OP was a judge/jury rather than a client/advisee, then there would be merit to your contention that if he found my position re: Justgiving to be wrong, then I would have to try my darndest to prove him otherwise.
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old September 9, 2012, 05:34 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,558

edited for jest getting a bit carried away...

Last edited by iDumb; September 9, 2012 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: unnecessary....
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old September 10, 2012, 06:09 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Nearly there. Up to £51 now.
Still £51. Can we make it to £52. This will be milestone.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old September 12, 2012, 06:38 AM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Still £51. Can we make it to £52. This will be milestone.
My warmest regards to everyone who has supported this initiative by my daughter. We are overwhelmed by your support.

Bidding will close in 9 minutes.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old September 13, 2012, 06:48 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,900

One of our friends from UAE is the highest bidder. Can you please complete the payment? Please!!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old September 14, 2012, 07:59 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,558

so who is this guy from uae. Did the payment clear yet? Not cool dude whoever you are.

how long is usually the wait time etiquette. I think it should go to the second highest bidder then if time passed... who happens to be our millionaire friend with poor etiquett,e who is probably having his food spat on everytime he goes out to eat,.. turboo bhai
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old September 14, 2012, 08:02 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,558

can we have this go in effect today....?

I am such a genius.. i know exactly when to stop.. trolls are all over....Navo when I said you must be the 3rd bidder why didn't you deny that...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket