facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 21, 2012, 02:37 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,353
Default Bangladesh vs New Zealand

Without wishing to jinx anything, Bangladesh are perfectly capable of beating NZ today.

I am sure we will come back to this comment after the result to see if it was true, but the fact is BD can win this and really should win this.

The side is better placed than it was in 2010 when the Banglawash happened in the 4 matches of 50 overs. This time, the squad has more depth, more experience, and for me, the right Head Coach.

The great thing about T20 is that it is unpredictable and any side can win on any given day. The difference between teams is whether they can bowl more dot balls than the opposition and have big overs. Both of those take the game away.

The BPL taught the guys to play and gave them momentum. The Asia Cup carried that forward. If Pybus has got it right he will tap into that spirit and use it to have specific roles for each of the squad so there is no panic - just simple execution of their plans.

I am backing a BD win today for those reasons. NZ are rebuilding and not the side they once were. The conditions suit BD. The ball will grip (for spin) even though pitches have more grass on them.

Good luck to the BD players today.
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old September 21, 2012, 02:51 AM
sheikh sheikh is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Posts: 196

Like.

Fingers crossed.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 21, 2012, 02:52 AM
deshprem deshprem is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 29, 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 292

ian pont and bangladesh zindabad !!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 21, 2012, 02:55 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,383

But i am bit concerned about Pallekele's pitch. It will suit NZ fast bowlers. It has got pace and bounce. Our batsmen will be in trouble if they want to play too much hook and pull. Not sure about much turn our spinners will get. Our spinners can't turn the ball anyway

Best of luck tigers !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 21, 2012, 03:10 AM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Location: @Dilcommissioner
Posts: 10,779

BTE

Best. Thread. Ever.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 21, 2012, 04:23 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Cheers...
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old September 21, 2012, 04:32 AM
Yasin.'s Avatar
Yasin. Yasin. is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 8, 2006
Location: I-I 0 I\/I 3
Posts: 493

Yes we all want Bangladesh to win. Yes we know that they can win. Its about giving your very best for 40 overs.

Yes it is absolutely possible that we will get killed by new Zealand.

Please don't point at Asia Cups success and the 4-0 Banglawash to say that we should definitely win the match. This is a different format. This is a format where couple of months back we didn't even have a ranking. This is a format where 10 balls faced by Jos Buttler can change the whole game. This is a format where Pakistan chases 186 one day and the next day they cant even chases 111. This is a format where one bad over bowled by a Mahmudullah, dot balls played by a Sunny, stupidity of the middle order will mean defeat.

New Zealand are prepared. Very very well prepared. They have beaten India in India no matter the margin. They have almost chased South Africas mammoth target facing the likes of Steyn and Morkel. Our bowlers? Heck we do not even have a stable pace attack.

But we can still win. We can still win. There is no doubt about that. There is no doubt that we are improving. Yes its been told for 12 years or so but the signs are more frequent now. We love this team. We support this team. Regardless of the the result today, keep that love alive. Keep on supporting.

Believe.

Come on Bangladesh.
__________________
"Tufnell! Can I borrow your brain? I'm building an idiot" - Australian fan to England spinner Phil Tufnell
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old September 21, 2012, 04:58 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin.

Please don't point at Asia Cups success and the 4-0 Banglawash to say that we should definitely win the match. This is a different format.
I said this: The BPL taught the guys to play and gave them momentum. The Asia Cup carried that forward. If Pybus has got it right he will tap into that spirit and use it to have specific roles for each of the squad so there is no panic - just simple execution of their plans.

I was talking about momentum and spirit NOT the fact that the wins ages ago affect this match.
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old September 21, 2012, 06:32 AM
Yasin.'s Avatar
Yasin. Yasin. is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 8, 2006
Location: I-I 0 I\/I 3
Posts: 493

I got what you have mentioned Coach but a lot of people [and not just on this forum] keep mentioned past ODIs success while comparing with T20s.

Well we have just been toyed around by McCullum and they scored 191. Will need to have our best day in cricket ever to chase this :P
__________________
"Tufnell! Can I borrow your brain? I'm building an idiot" - Australian fan to England spinner Phil Tufnell
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old September 21, 2012, 06:40 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,573

Sob ai thread er dos
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old September 21, 2012, 07:15 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,671

Thread Phail

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old September 21, 2012, 07:19 AM
mr cricket's Avatar
mr cricket mr cricket is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 29, 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 143

Have faith guys. We can still beat Pakistan if we play like we did in Asia Cup.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old September 21, 2012, 07:22 AM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 7,323

Whoops. Kalam bhai raped us.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old September 21, 2012, 07:34 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,671

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr cricket
Have faith guys. We can still beat Pakistan if we play like we did in Asia Cup.
No we cant cause we lost both matches against Pak.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old September 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
mr cricket's Avatar
mr cricket mr cricket is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 29, 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
No we cant cause we lost both matches against Pak.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Yea, by only 3 runs. With enough motivation we can beat them.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old September 21, 2012, 08:01 AM
Yasin.'s Avatar
Yasin. Yasin. is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 8, 2006
Location: I-I 0 I\/I 3
Posts: 493

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr cricket
Have faith guys. We can still beat Pakistan if we play like we did in Asia Cup.
Thats a different format. Something I have been repeatedly saying. We beat NZ 4-0. So what? That was a different format.

Lets face it. We do not have enough power hitters. We do not have that one player in the top order whose name send down shivers among bowlers. A Gayle, Sehwag, McCullum, Warner, Nazir/Afridi [even though they are inconsistent]. Neither do we have pacers who can bowl pinpoint yorkers. We still have a long way to learn in this format. We are a better ODI team than a better T20 team.

Can we beat Pakistan? Of course we can. Its cricket after all. And Pakistan scored 186 but collapsed big time against England and Australia.
__________________
"Tufnell! Can I borrow your brain? I'm building an idiot" - Australian fan to England spinner Phil Tufnell
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old September 21, 2012, 08:03 AM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

Rubbish, absolute rubbish from the team! I thought only the Bangladeshi fans were ever optimistic, but going into this game, people from all over the world thought we'd win it. But on what basis? Seems like our players, coaches and management are too content with mediocre performances, almost as if no one heard the alarm bells ringing! We lost to Zimbabwe, Scotland, the Netherlands, T&T, the cup to Afghanistan (lowest of all lows), Ireland and now this. Seriously, no one saw this coming? The team has been traveling everywhere, losing to everyone and our idiotic players go on and on about how they're coming together as a team. What the heck did you do in the last six/seven years then? Then you have the blind fans who go on and on about how these are just practice games, how our team is better than this, how these results don't matter. Better on what basis? Losing the cup to Afghanistan? Not putting up a fight against Scotland? Practice match or not, if they can beat us why can't we beat them? How much longer will these people be in denial? Absolutely disgusting.

I'm sorry, but for all their travels, the players have done nothing. Looks like the coaching has been inadequate, there are no plans, no one (not even the coach) seems to care that we're losing to associates, because at the end of the day it's all good. What the bloody heck? What kind of jacka***s do they think we are? Oh wait, they're right, they say their performance has been great and we laud that attitude everyday, doesn't matter if it's Bhutan or Mongolia that we lose to.

Bull crap show by a bunch of less than ordinary players playing like club cricketers. And people around the world thought Bangladesh would beat NZ. Well, let's see us beat Uzbekistan first.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old September 21, 2012, 08:15 AM
firstlane firstlane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 8, 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,838

Thread smartly opened.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old September 21, 2012, 08:29 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,353

Well that was too poor for words!

Bowling was dreadful at the death, batting looks like nothing has been learned and fielding just rotten.

Tamim, Sakib have to bat properly as the 'stars" and not just be happy they are on "TV". If Nasir can do it, then the rest can.. he's only young but already showing up the more 'senior' players with the bat.

I am so disappointed by this showing. It seemed to lack passion or a plan. Conversely, NZ had planned to negate the left arm spin, McCullum admitted this.

Everyone knows about SLA from BD.. it's old hat now. Fresh ideas, fresh thoughts and a fresh approach required. Time to plan ahead and not look from match to match hoping to upset a higher ranked team.

This defeat has left me depressed. Shafiul looks a shadow of the bowler he was in 2010.
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old September 21, 2012, 08:32 AM
nizzle nizzle is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 26, 2009
Location: MANCHESTER
Favorite Player: ME
Posts: 579

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Rubbish, absolute rubbish from the team! I thought only the Bangladeshi fans were ever optimistic, but going into this game, people from all over the world thought we'd win it. But on what basis? Seems like our players, coaches and management are too content with mediocre performances, almost as if no one heard the alarm bells ringing! We lost to Zimbabwe, Scotland, the Netherlands, T&T, the cup to Afghanistan (lowest of all lows), Ireland and now this. Seriously, no one saw this coming? The team has been traveling everywhere, losing to everyone and our idiotic players go on and on about how they're coming together as a team. What the heck did you do in the last six/seven years then? Then you have the blind fans who go on and on about how these are just practice games, how our team is better than this, how these results don't matter. Better on what basis? Losing the cup to Afghanistan? Not putting up a fight against Scotland? Practice match or not, if they can beat us why can't we beat them? How much longer will these people be in denial? Absolutely disgusting.

I'm sorry, but for all their travels, the players have done nothing. Looks like the coaching has been inadequate, there are no plans, no one (not even the coach) seems to care that we're losing to associates, because at the end of the day it's all good. What the bloody heck? What kind of jacka***s do they think we are? Oh wait, they're right, they say their performance has been great and we laud that attitude everyday, doesn't matter if it's Bhutan or Mongolia that we lose to.

Bull crap show by a bunch of less than ordinary players playing like club cricketers. And people around the world thought Bangladesh would beat NZ. Well, let's see us beat Uzbekistan first.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
very very well put
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old September 21, 2012, 08:35 AM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Posts: 1,302

Seriously there was no plans, not a single one; didn't see any messenger sent during the game too which is a bit weird imo. All the top teams have PLAN A, B, C or even D and we looked like have only PLAN A and nothing else. Really utterly massive disappointment esp after all the hype
__________________
I think Cricket should be played in shorts and not trousers
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old September 21, 2012, 09:04 AM
nizzle nizzle is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 26, 2009
Location: MANCHESTER
Favorite Player: ME
Posts: 579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Seriously there was no plans, not a single one; didn't see any messenger sent during the game too which is a bit weird imo. All the top teams have PLAN A, B, C or even D and we looked like have only PLAN A and nothing else. Really utterly massive disappointment esp after all the hype
Tbh i dont even think we had a plan A, the way Sakib/Tamim gave their wickets away and played so negatively was as if they had given up after looking at the 190 plus score, trust me even if afganistan was chasing 190 loosing 2-3 quick wickets they'd go down fighting but bangladesh didnt even have any real plan on how to go about chasing 190. They were just thinkin keep it to 160 or less and we'll chase it, anything over 160 we've lost, wait for next game
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old September 21, 2012, 09:05 AM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 2,865

Their only plan for the last few months were throw all the SLA's at NZ, they never even anticipated the fact that they could have played in a pitch that had no turn, but no they stick to throwing all our SLA's at them. Accompanying those SLA is one decent pacer, who can't even do death bowling and another pacer who just can't bowl in general thinking the SLA's will have it covered.
__________________
"Life is a dream from which we all must wake."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old September 21, 2012, 09:15 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,472

Ei thread pura kata gayer nuner chitar moton. khali nun nah, mone hoy pura bombay morich galaiya chita ditase.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old September 21, 2012, 09:15 AM
22Yards's Avatar
22Yards 22Yards is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 29, 2010
Location: ∞
Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain
Posts: 1,128

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Their only plan for the last few months were throw all the SLA's at NZ, they never even anticipated the fact that they could have played in a pitch that had no turn, but no they stick to throwing all our SLA's at them. Accompanying those SLA is one decent pacer, who can't even do death bowling and another pacer who just can't bowl in general thinking the SLA's will have it covered.
We really dont have quality pacers in our arsenal and hence we opted for all spinners but i thought the wicket was just as harsh as was kalam bhai favoring seam and nothing for our spinners.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket