facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old May 27, 2015, 03:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default FIFA top officials caught in bribery case

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/27/fo...ce-department/

In short, these individuals, through these organizations, engaged in bribery to decide who would televise games, where the games would be held and who would run the organization overseeing organized soccer worldwide.
Old June 2, 2015, 11:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Lots of new developments.. Hopefully USA can get it back from Qatar... unlikely but hopefully......
Old June 3, 2015, 09:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Lots of new developments.. Hopefully USA can get it back from Qatar... unlikely but hopefully......
Come on you guys already got 1994... Hope FIFA shows Australia some love.

I think Australia, US, Japan, Spain, Belgium et al. have strong grounds for an appeal to FIFA to strip Qatar of it's hosting rights. Not even 5 years in from the decision, there have been so many controversies, including death of many migrant workers due to poor working conditions in Qatar (some were even Bangladeshis). And also the fact that Qatar is intending to ban all homosexuals from entering Qatar to watch the WC... And not to mention the numerous bribery allegations.
Old June 3, 2015, 09:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Clinton always gets what he wants, he is Clinton.... you f with him he gonna f you up...

Middle east should get to host a WC, that is a soccer crazy area but I am not sure which country is best suited to host it though....
Old June 3, 2015, 09:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Clinton always gets what he wants, he is Clinton.... you f with him he gonna f you up...

Middle east should get to host a WC, that is a soccer crazy area but I am not sure which country is best suited to host it though....
Hmmm... I personally think UAE would have been a slightly better candidate to host the WC, if we were to have it in the Middle East... Oh well, may be some 650 years later Bangladesh will be playing their first ever FIFA world cup by getting the rights to host it for the first time.
Old June 3, 2015, 06:19 PM
Cricket Sage

^ In my opinion, middle east should not host the world cup. Have you seen what the temperatures will be like during game days? I think FIFA had the perfect opportunity to make a difference in Qatar and the rest of middle east, by telling Qatar you need to reform your current migrant construction workers system. Brazil stopped serving alcohol at football stadium because people were getting in fights and getting hurt, but FIFA ordered them if you want the world cup you are going to have to start serving alcohol again. Brazil gladly obliged. FIFA can easily make a difference here, if they make a stance against harsh treatment of migrant worker and tell Qatar or any other middle eastern country that wants to host the world cup, improve the situations of migrant construction workers instead of treating them like slaves. If they want the world cup bad enough, they will listen.

I understand everyone wants to host the world cup, because its a special event but everything needs to be taking into consideration. Hosting a world cup should be privilege, you shouldn't get to host it just because you want it. And that goes for everyone.
Old June 3, 2015, 09:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

^ I completely agree, looking at the amount of migrant worker deaths already, is just shocking. And we still have 7 more years to go. Furthermore their treatment towards migrant workers would be equivalent to slavery (owners/ contractors seize the passports of migrant workers as soon as they come to work, so they are not able to return home, and are paid significantly lower than their promised wage). FIFA should not have allowed any Middle East country to host the FIFA WC, mainly due to very poor track record of ensuring human rights. Knowing very well hundreds will lose their lives so that we can enjoy the world cup.

Working conditions there are very poor, and unsafe. Unfortunately the mainstream Western media does not give the migrant worker deaths much screen time, like most other third world problems (unless there is a political agenda involved).