facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 21, 2012, 12:32 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
" hoyechhe babara onek din dhore khelchho tomra... ishhh mukhgulo shukiye kemon kalo hoye gechhe.. jao r emon rod e khela lagbe na.. jao shonara lokhhi chheler moto ghore boshe XBox khelo "
Classic Should definitely go on the twitter feed!
Old September 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
Banned

Nothing to say, nothing to do and nothing to worry about. Inshallah we'll get pakistan. Still we have another chance. If we learn from our mistakes and if our selectors use their head on picking the right team, then we're obviously winning! We're bangladesh not zimbabwe or canada. We're more than a capeable team but our problem is that we can't execute in the field. But whatever the problem might be, I know we're coming out victorious against pakistan! So everyone cheer up and let's have a fresh new start in that game!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old September 21, 2012, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
'So far' was the key.... Or else you could be in serious trouble..

Afg 25/6 with the bat....
That was when Afg took their first wicket and Englands rr was round 3 for 3 overs
I took it back a few overs later in the match thread.
Old September 21, 2012, 01:22 PM
Banned

So, this is what Law-less Bangaldesh is ....
Old September 21, 2012, 01:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
Bottom line @ any version of Cricket, we are in the level of associates. We are better off playing Ireland, Afghanistan, Netherland, Zimbabwe, Canada, Scotland & Namibia.

The distance with top teams are very evident. The wins against top teams are just flukes.
Right on.
We have the "test nation" thing to show for, which has done more harm to us than good.
We barely able to take a test match to the third day against the top teams, not able to win convincingly in any ODI or T20, bunches of sissies and clowns running the show.
Old September 21, 2012, 01:53 PM
Cricket Guru

accha bhaira ar koyenna kader loge khelte hoibo...aeita emni akon boja jaitase je bhalo team ar amago loge khelbona or series invite korbona...amago boila luv nai...ar amra to shob ghada aei ghada gular mathai uthai raki...onno forum ei amago niya ji ki bola boli kori..porlei dekbhen...i just don't get it why they are blocking and playing defensive shop and not trying to score boundaries at the end...i know you are losing but look at the rr factor atleast...also the pitch said to be pacer friendly and we playing three identifical spinners!!! 17 na 18 koti manush akono bhalo akta pacer paitasena ba kono uddok nai..where is the pace hunt program...
Old September 21, 2012, 02:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
accha bhaira ar koyenna kader loge khelte hoibo...aeita emni akon boja jaitase je bhalo team ar amago loge khelbona or series invite korbona...amago boila luv nai...ar amra to shob ghada aei ghada gular mathai uthai raki...onno forum ei amago niya ji ki bola boli kori..porlei dekbhen...i just don't get it why they are blocking and playing defensive shop and not trying to score boundaries at the end...i know you are losing but look at the rr factor atleast...also the pitch said to be pacer friendly and we playing three identifical spinners!!! 17 na 18 koti manush akono bhalo akta pacer paitasena ba kono uddok nai..where is the pace hunt program...

Shob Pankha Jodi emon hoito...
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old September 21, 2012, 03:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
That was when Afg took their first wicket and Englands rr was round 3 for 3 overs
I took it back a few overs later in the match thread.

I have rarely seen people abandoning their love in this manner...
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old September 21, 2012, 03:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Even McCullum was surprised by Mushfique's decision to bat first !! For details read the article :

বাংলাদেশের সিদ্ধান্তে অবাক হয়েছি ॥ ম্যাককালাম
স্পোর্টস রিপোর্টার ॥ টি২০ ক্রিকেটে একজন ক্রিকেটারই যথেষ্ট ম্যাচের ফলাফল ঘুরিয়ে দেয়ার জন্য। আর সেটাই প্রমাণ করেছেন ব্রেন্ডন ম্যাককালাম। টি২০ বিশ্বকাপের দ্বিতীয় দ্রুততম শতরান হাঁকিয়েছেন বাংলাদেশের বিরুদ্ধে নিজেদের প্রথম ম্যাচে। ৫৮ বলে ১২৩ রানের যে ইনিংস খেলেছেন তাতে ছিল ১১ চার ও ৭ ছক্কা। আর তাঁর করা এ ইনিংসটি ছিল টি২০ ক্রিকেটের ইতিহাসে সর্বোচ্চ ব্যক্তিগত ইনিংস। এক ম্যাককালামের বিধ্বংসী ব্যাটিংয়ের কারণেই ১৯১ রানের পাহাড়সম ইনিংস গড়েছে নিউজিল্যান্ড আর ফলশ্রুতিতে ৫৯ রানের বড় পরাজয় বরণ করতে হয়েছে বাংলাদেশকে। তবে মাঠের ভেতরে-বাইরে এমনকি প্রতিপক্ষ নিউজিল্যান্ডের শিবিরেও টস জিতে মুশফিকদের আগে ফিল্ডিং করার সিদ্ধান্ত সমালোচিত হয়েছে। রীতিমতো অবাক হয়েছে নিউজিল্যান্ড দল। সেটাই জানালেন অতিমানবীয় এক ইনিংস উপহার দিয়ে ম্যাচসেরা ম্যাককালাম। ম্যাচ শেষে সংবাদ সম্মেলনে এ বিস্ময়ের কথা জানান তিনি।
পাল্লেকেলেতে পরে ব্যাটিং করে জয়ের রেকর্ড নেই। এরপরও বাংলাদেশ টস জিতেও আগে ফিল্ডিং নেয়ার খেসারত দিয়েছে। অবাক হয়েছেন ম্যাককালাম নিজেও। তিনি বলেন, ‘আমরা বাংলাদেশের সিদ্ধান্তে অবাক হয়েছিলাম। কারণ এই উইকেটে কেউ টস জিতে পরে ব্যাট করে না। আমরা টস জিতলে আগেই ব্যাট করতাম। বাংলাদেশকে ফিল্ডিংয়ের আমন্ত্রণ জানাতাম।’ এমন একটি জয়ের কথাই ম্যাচের আগের দিন ইঙ্গিত করেছিলেন অধিনায়ক রস টেলর। ম্যাচে শেষে নিজেদের জয় আর পরবর্তী ম্যাচ সম্পর্কে কথা বলেন ম্যাচ সেরা ম্যাককালাম। ৫১ বলে সেঞ্চুরি ছুঁয়ে ফেলা ম্যাককালাম বলেন, ‘আসলে আমাদের টার্গেট ছিল জয়। আমরা সে লক্ষ্যেই খেলেছি।’ দলের জয় আগেভাগে নিশ্চিত করে ফেলার জন্যই হয়ত নিজের ব্যাটে আগুন ঝরিয়েছেন ম্যাককালাম। এ বিষয়ে ম্যাককালাম বলেন, ‘আমি আমার স্বাভাবিক খেলাটাই খেলেছি। প্রতিপক্ষ অস্ট্রেলিয়া হলে যেভাবে খেলতাম সেভাবে আজও খেলেছি। কোন পার্থক্য নেই। আমরা বাংলাদেশকে হালকাভাবে নেইনি বলেই জয়টা সহজ হয়েছে। আর পরবর্তী ম্যাচে প্রতিপক্ষ পাকিস্তান। আমাদের এখন ঐ ম্যাচের দিকেই দৃষ্টি।’
Old September 21, 2012, 03:59 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

everytime you tick players off like shaneson, sehwag and now mackelum, they come back with double the vengence...

so moral off the story? :don't blow kiss to shane watson:
Old September 21, 2012, 04:20 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Where exactly did the game go wrong? Diagnostics tiagnostics to kichui dekchi na...al-furqaan, raynman-ra koi...koi shob ora?
Old September 21, 2012, 04:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Better hope NZ beats Pakistan.
Old September 21, 2012, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Better hope NZ beats Pakistan.
Then what? Not like we're going to beat Pakistan, so what's the point?
Old September 21, 2012, 04:43 PM
Banned

Bangladesh.....sorry to be saying this.....once again you guys can only expend energy on rubbishing Indiaa and Indians since your team is on the way out.....but as the great Sohel mentioned on a different note....I dont see you progressing on any front! Justice served....have fun!!!
Old September 21, 2012, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Bangladesh.....sorry to be saying this.....once again you guys can only expend energy on rubbishing Indiaa and Indians since your team is on the way out.....but as the great Sohel mentioned on a different note....I dont see you progressing on any front! Justice served....have fun!!!
Well, it was sure served for you!
Old September 21, 2012, 08:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
" hoyechhe babara onek din dhore khelchho tomra... ishhh mukhgulo shukiye kemon kalo hoye gechhe.. jao r emon rod e khela lagbe na.. jao shonara lokhhi chheler moto ghore boshe XBox khelo "
Classic! Our players are too worried about the sun and getting dark in the process. They put 2 tubes of SPF100 in their face. Thats why we should always field at night.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:25 PM
Test Cricketer

NZ might succumb to Pakistan spinners, the only hope was that Mccullum firing but Mccullum already played his EID innings
Old September 21, 2012, 08:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

^ They have some other decent batsman's- Taylor, Guptil, Oram. I think if they bat first and put together 160, they can pull it off. Pak line up struggled against England and Australia, NZ line up might not be as good as these 2 teams but Southee, Mills, N. McCullum, Vettori makes up a pretty good line up. I think it's pretty evened out, can go both ways.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

nicol can whack the ball around to and has a good ODI record so far, if he's onsong he's definitely someone that can hurt the opposition so the batting is there.
Old September 22, 2012, 01:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Even McCullum was surprised by Mushfique's decision to bat first !! For details read the article :

বাংলাদেশের সিদ্ধান্তে অবাক হয়েছি ॥ ম্যাককালাম
স্পোর্টস রিপোর্টার ॥ টি২০ ক্রিকেটে একজন ক্রিকেটারই যথেষ্ট ম্যাচের ফলাফল ঘুরিয়ে দেয়ার জন্য। আর সেটাই প্রমাণ করেছেন ব্রেন্ডন ম্যাককালাম। টি২০ বিশ্বকাপের দ্বিতীয় দ্রুততম শতরান হাঁকিয়েছেন বাংলাদেশের বিরুদ্ধে নিজেদের প্রথম ম্যাচে। ৫৮ বলে ১২৩ রানের যে ইনিংস খেলেছেন তাতে ছিল ১১ চার ও ৭ ছক্কা। আর তাঁর করা এ ইনিংসটি ছিল টি২০ ক্রিকেটের ইতিহাসে সর্বোচ্চ ব্যক্তিগত ইনিংস। এক ম্যাককালামের বিধ্বংসী ব্যাটিংয়ের কারণেই ১৯১ রানের পাহাড়সম ইনিংস গড়েছে নিউজিল্যান্ড আর ফলশ্রুতিতে ৫৯ রানের বড় পরাজয় বরণ করতে হয়েছে বাংলাদেশকে। তবে মাঠের ভেতরে-বাইরে এমনকি প্রতিপক্ষ নিউজিল্যান্ডের শিবিরেও টস জিতে মুশফিকদের আগে ফিল্ডিং করার সিদ্ধান্ত সমালোচিত হয়েছে। রীতিমতো অবাক হয়েছে নিউজিল্যান্ড দল। সেটাই জানালেন অতিমানবীয় এক ইনিংস উপহার দিয়ে ম্যাচসেরা ম্যাককালাম। ম্যাচ শেষে সংবাদ সম্মেলনে এ বিস্ময়ের কথা জানান তিনি।
পাল্লেকেলেতে পরে ব্যাটিং করে জয়ের রেকর্ড নেই। এরপরও বাংলাদেশ টস জিতেও আগে ফিল্ডিং নেয়ার খেসারত দিয়েছে। অবাক হয়েছেন ম্যাককালাম নিজেও। তিনি বলেন, ‘আমরা বাংলাদেশের সিদ্ধান্তে অবাক হয়েছিলাম। কারণ এই উইকেটে কেউ টস জিতে পরে ব্যাট করে না। আমরা টস জিতলে আগেই ব্যাট করতাম। বাংলাদেশকে ফিল্ডিংয়ের আমন্ত্রণ জানাতাম।’ এমন একটি জয়ের কথাই ম্যাচের আগের দিন ইঙ্গিত করেছিলেন অধিনায়ক রস টেলর। ম্যাচে শেষে নিজেদের জয় আর পরবর্তী ম্যাচ সম্পর্কে কথা বলেন ম্যাচ সেরা ম্যাককালাম। ৫১ বলে সেঞ্চুরি ছুঁয়ে ফেলা ম্যাককালাম বলেন, ‘আসলে আমাদের টার্গেট ছিল জয়। আমরা সে লক্ষ্যেই খেলেছি।’ দলের জয় আগেভাগে নিশ্চিত করে ফেলার জন্যই হয়ত নিজের ব্যাটে আগুন ঝরিয়েছেন ম্যাককালাম। এ বিষয়ে ম্যাককালাম বলেন, ‘আমি আমার স্বাভাবিক খেলাটাই খেলেছি। প্রতিপক্ষ অস্ট্রেলিয়া হলে যেভাবে খেলতাম সেভাবে আজও খেলেছি। কোন পার্থক্য নেই। আমরা বাংলাদেশকে হালকাভাবে নেইনি বলেই জয়টা সহজ হয়েছে। আর পরবর্তী ম্যাচে প্রতিপক্ষ পাকিস্তান। আমাদের এখন ঐ ম্যাচের দিকেই দৃষ্টি।’
well it is not solely Mushy's decision alone it was more of team management like coach, captain and others. Any way at some point of the game on the commentary they were showing Wasim was having chat to Pybus and Saqlain Mustaq at the ground before the match started, and Wasim suggested them to bat first if we win the toss. He was laughing and saying in commentry they didn't listen to me it seems like, now look what is going on in the field !!

anyway losing is not shame but the way you give up or surrender that really humiliating !! Our players just don't show the class when it does matter. Can't believe Tamim, Shakib or Mushy out of three no one took the responsibility and tried to stood up and had fight back !! Do we now call them yet world class or not , it is matter of judgment and our players mental ability.
Old September 22, 2012, 11:47 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

"Amar bolar kichu chilo naa~ Naa goo~ Amar bolar kichu chilo naa~

Cheye cheye dekhlam, tumi chole gele (BD batsmen)~
Tumi chole gele, cheye cheye dekhlam~

Amar bolar kichu chilo naa~"

Trying to the calm my heartbroken and truly infuriated self down with faizlami. *sigh*