facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 21, 2012, 08:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Really hardly any plan executed; too many cooks always spoil the broth.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Bowling rotation was not good. He needs to think more. The coach should assist him in live matches whenever he gets a chance to send message.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
It's easy to say we should've batted first now that we have lost. Mushy did the right thing since it was an overcast condition and we are better at chasing. Alas our bowling had gone to dogs today.
The wicket may have something for the pacers at the beginning but we have no morkel or steyn to rely on. So i wouldnt put my money on seamers rather play out first few overs carefully and then walk the park at pellekele.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Even Taylor wanted to bowl first in the overcast condition.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Captain nijei pressure a venge pore, dolke ar ki kore lead korbe !! Ore captaincy theke sorano uchit . Shakib ar Nasir ar moddhe akjonke captaincy dea uchit
Old September 21, 2012, 08:42 AM
Cricket Guru

accha bujlam thik decision hoi nai field nia..are bhai bat ta to thik koira korte parti...agei koisilam he is now off form and will continue the entire tour...chul felai dewa uchit
Old September 21, 2012, 08:46 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

mushy is worse then ash..at least ash played eid innings
Old September 21, 2012, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I watched the match till 14 overs and I haven't seen once Mushy coming up to the bowlers and saying something. Cmon boy, you gotta lead!! You can't stay behind the stumps and give a disappointed look every time Kalam hits a boundary.

Everyone lacked intensity in the field. Overall body language was very poor. I don't know what they ate before the game. They all looked tired and lazy as if they are missing the dupurer ghum.
Old September 21, 2012, 09:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

eto chillaya to labh nai, amader team e kono world class T20 player nai, thakle ordinary captaincy o xtra ordinary lagto.
But ya if he can't score runs he should face consequences.
Old September 21, 2012, 09:06 AM
Test Cricketer

I dont mind his toss decision as much as his inability to think outside the box being reassured in this game. He is too conventional as a captain. He tries to bowl out seamers, he likes to think seamers are front line bowlers and so we have to always fall back to them no matter if we are doing good or bad at a particular stage.

Ofcourse now bangladesh is a spin heavy attack so you have to use your not so good pacers well. That change he made at the seventh over bringing shafiul in is unfathomable. He doesnt use part times wisely, heck he doesnt probably know they exist.

I feel we need variety in our bowling. The SLAs are getting too repetitive. Plus we need rubel badly in our team. Mash bowled pretty well today.
Old September 21, 2012, 09:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
eto chillaya to labh nai, amader team e kono world class T20 player nai, thakle ordinary captaincy o xtra ordinary lagto.
ei kothata ami mani... captain /coach er dosh diye labh achhe jokhon player ra kono plan execute korte na pare... Mushy the captain er cheye Mushy the player er dosh eikhane beshi... Mushy'r off form is hurting us bad.. You will have those days when both Shakib and Tamim will fail and that's the time players like Mushy, Nasir or Riyad should come forward and share the responsibility.. Nasir did it but for a team like BD you need contribution from everyone which is not happening.. No point in blaming the captaincy when batting, bowling, fielding everything went wrong..
Old September 21, 2012, 10:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
It's easy to say we should've batted first now that we have lost. Mushy did the right thing since it was an overcast condition and we are better at chasing. Alas our bowling had gone to dogs today.
He failed to rotate his bowlers properly. He forgot how to bat as well.
Old September 21, 2012, 11:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

I didn't see the game, but I followed on cricinfo. Looked like we had things somewhat under control up till 9-10 overs, NZ was still going at 7 runs an over. And than it went downhill. I thought the bowling changes were ok, bowlers need to take their fair share of blame. Shakib and Razzak was saved for the end, which makes sense. Our most experienced bowler. Mash bowles ok at the beginning. He even tried out Riyad for one over didn't work. I don't think bowling change wise there isn't much a captain do when even your best bowler is not delivering. Can't comment on his batting I didn't see it, but after Nasir's performance I don't see why he can't come up the order ahead of Mushy.
Old September 21, 2012, 11:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Unimaginative captaincy punctuated by random periods of typical brain freeze. The atrocious bowling made something inherently bad look abysmal. I didn't see him do anything to try and inspire the bowlers to do better. The less said about his batting the better. His great performances surprise me, not these typical ones.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 21, 2012, 12:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Keno bhai T20 bolen...amader team e Kono format a e world class keu nai... Fluke, occasional performances against big teams and 1/2 little consistent with Zim and G8 B teams make them look World class.. But truly there is no WC player in our team in any format..... Let's face it...bd fans need to realize it and be polite ...

We even started comparing Shakib with Kalis... That's really audacious ... And damaging an upcoming player... We need to play more with G8 teams if we want to improve... BCB should take a big amount of the blame for not being able o guard our interest in the FTP...bunch of idiots.. If it continues like this... We will be trailing Ire and Sco for sure if not Afg soon...

No point blaming the captain... He was mostly ok with the captaincy... Problem is with his batting...it was a very bad shot that he played.. He needed to be calm after those wickets have fallen...
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; September 21, 2012 at 01:02 PM..
Old September 21, 2012, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Mushy should be guided by Pybus. Coach should be in charge of the gameplan, not the captain. Captain should just execute, and if he is making mistake, the coach must act right away to send him messages during the game. Otherwise the coach might as well just stay in the hotel and watch the game on TV or watch a movie instead.
I said this before the game, and I will say this after the game.
When the car was off the wheel, why the coach could not come up with backup plans? Or did he have any?

Mushy is no captain material, at least not yet. Cheerleader maybe, but no captain yet.

Shakib is the ideal player and the only player to lead this team.
Old September 21, 2012, 09:05 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I didn't see the game, but I followed on cricinfo. Looked like we had things somewhat under control up till 9-10 overs, NZ was still going at 7 runs an over. And than it went downhill. I thought the bowling changes were ok, bowlers need to take their fair share of blame. Shakib and Razzak was saved for the end, which makes sense. Our most experienced bowler. Mash bowles ok at the beginning. He even tried out Riyad for one over didn't work. I don't think bowling change wise there isn't much a captain do when even your best bowler is not delivering. Can't comment on his batting I didn't see it, but after Nasir's performance I don't see why he can't come up the order ahead of Mushy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
Bhai.. I watched the game and this is what I saw...

Over 4 - 21/1 Bowled by Razzaq 2 runs given (gets a wicket)
Over 5 - 29/1 Bowled by Mashrafe 8 runs given
Over 6 - 34/1 Bowled by Razzaq 5 runs given
In comes Shafiul
Over 7 - 45/1 Bowled by Shafiul 11 runs given
I think that was the starting point for McCullum going wild. I mean everyone knows how good he is against pace.

Over 15 123/2 Bowled my Mashrafe 10 runs given but gets a wicket
Over 16 128/2 Bowled by Shakib 5 runs given
In comes Shafiul
Over 17 143/2 Bowled by Shafiul 15 runs given.
... Rest is history.

Just my observation.
mushy had some weird bowling changes with shafiul
Old September 21, 2012, 10:45 PM
Cricket Guru

If you see the highlight you will know...especially the way he got out...he thought his shot will be like the 6 he got during Asia cup...he has been off form for few matches why he had to do that
Old September 21, 2012, 10:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:
It was wrong decision to bowl first , even McCullum admitted that. In this field no body won a match after fielding first.
Old September 21, 2012, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
He failed to rotate his bowlers properly. He forgot how to bat as well.
That I agree with 100%. He was never that good with rotating bowlers.
Old September 21, 2012, 11:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
The wicket may have something for the pacers at the beginning but we have no morkel or steyn to rely on. So i wouldnt put my money on seamers rather play out first few overs carefully and then walk the park at pellekele.
Mushy was afraid of our batsmen pissing their pants in front of their seamers.
Old September 22, 2012, 01:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Mushy was afraid of our batsmen pissing their pants in front of their seamers.
Thus being in defensive mode even before the game had started
Old September 22, 2012, 01:50 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

............sucks
Old September 22, 2012, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Sorry offtopic. I was wondering why does Ramiz Raza love to talk about Mushy's height so much? He has already used all sorts of adjectives like small, little, tiny :| Hobbit and pipsqueak are next?
Old October 23, 2013, 05:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Pathetic!!!

Same mistake over nd over.