facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #276  
Old October 24, 2012, 06:29 AM
MarvinDaMartian's Avatar
MarvinDaMartian MarvinDaMartian is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 22, 2004
Posts: 363

What can I say....its BCB again the main player....BTW I am very much interested to know more about the "feeder" system Mcinnes and Pybus proposed to BCB (and rejected by them). Why not BCB put that to media instead of Pybus's contract?
__________________
Where is the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old October 24, 2012, 07:08 AM
BanCricFan's Avatar
BanCricFan BanCricFan is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 29, 2005
Favorite Player: Bangladesh
Posts: 9,433

O where art thou Sid bhai!!
__________________
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" ~ Goethe
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old October 24, 2012, 08:12 AM
meazz1's Avatar
meazz1 meazz1 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 15, 2007
Location: GA, USA
Posts: 1,176

Quote:
Originally Posted by paindu
Couldn't agree more
agreed 100%.
BCB is so corrupt and ruining our cricket at our expense.
Now we know better not to call our players "sissy" all the time.
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old October 24, 2012, 08:18 AM
Rubu's Avatar
Rubu Rubu is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 15, 2004
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 8,198

When he was appointed, I knew this would happen. But did not assume it would be so early.
__________________
সন্মানজনক পরাজয়ের চিন্তাটাই অসন্মানজনক
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old October 24, 2012, 08:45 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,589

McInnes is the right man for this job.
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old October 24, 2012, 09:22 AM
MarufH's Avatar
MarufH MarufH is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 20, 2006
Location: Washington D.C., USA
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,633

I understand BCB is at fault here. However, IMHO, RP has to take his share of the blame, too. Lets look into excused given by RP and discuss -

If you have over 20 years of experience, you don't quit coaching an international side because board refused to provide you with sandwiches. The truth is, BCB is long away from a professional bunch, but you expect that going into a third world country like Bangladesh.

I wasn't actually looking for this job

What are you, 15? You are peer pressured into taking a position? If you are not truly interested then why send in the resume. I am sorry, I find this part truly unprofessional.

I haven't had a contract for nearly five months.

You could initiate meetings, but thats simply not enough. you did get paid to work in BD. We all know about your habit of when going gets tough, how you flee. This is sheer "one foot out the door" kind of policy. Read next -

I could prepare the team in camps, tour with them and be there for all series, but I needed to get home between tours for my family.

Come on dude, I don't have 20 years of coaching experience but even I know real coaching is done when there are no series. Thats the job of a team manager to be there during game. your job is to train the team, not add to the freeload of BCB directors during series'.

Details of my contract where leaked to the media and discussed in the public domain

What contract? I thought there was no contract! It was your wishful thinking of having 200 paid vacation days in a year. Mr. Pybus, you say BCB wanted you to work 320 days, I am sure that is not the case. Being in BD does not mean you are working 24/7. You have your weekends, paid holidays and on top of that you were offered 40 vacation days. We have a lot of professionals here, how many of us get 40 vacation days a year?

I wrote up the meeting in an email to the president, CEO and director of cricket.

Seriously, wrote up? after sheer failure in a major world tournament, you decide to flee out of the country without any accountability. Thats not freedom to work, that is pure unprofessionalism on your part.

Software updates and senior players being rested.

It takes time to get something approved, not only in BD, anywhere in the world in an organization. Yes its lack of professionalism from BCB. However, what do you think you are doing now as far as leaking info to press is concerned? You think other oppositions are not looking into you talking about how we dont have up to date softwares? And what are you, a dictator? If a team lost because of some senior players, managers, HOD should have a say in it too. you did not mention if you had them in your all important meeting before resting them. Now you are upset at them for not keeping you in their meeting?

I've always been driven by winning

What the heck were you doing in developing cricket nation like BD then? These boys are learning and will take time before they turn into Ausies. You needed to accept that and work with them. Not take up job with foot out the door.

Bottom line, Its easy to point fingers. Its harder to accept the challenges and make a difference. Always remember, when you are pointing fingers, you point 4 at yourself.
__________________
Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old October 24, 2012, 09:24 AM
Shafir Shafir is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 1, 2011
Posts: 41
Default Pybus Outlines BD Cricket Faults in Interview

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/587865.html

Reading this interview makes mke kind of sad how much the BCB and it's culture is holding back our cricket. Read thsi article as it outlines the specific faults. and probably is an indicator of why Bangladesh Cricket has been so slow to progress
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old October 24, 2012, 09:52 AM
Saifulsohel Saifulsohel is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 21, 2011
Location: Dhaka,Bd
Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul
Posts: 1,231

BCB is preparing official reply for the allegation made by Pybus in cricinfo interview. Source: banglanews24.Com
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old October 24, 2012, 09:52 AM
derbyzia derbyzia is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 30, 2007
Posts: 14

I do not understand what is the purpose of selecting a foreign coach. If it is purely to grasp better techniques, then BCB can muddle with all other managerial job like player selection, counseling and so forth. If it is overall Team Manager approach, BCB needs to delegate responsibility to coach and should stop muddling like calling a meeting at 1 am without coach's presence. Any coach with managerial responsibility will feel left out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old October 24, 2012, 10:27 AM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 2,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafir
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/587865.html

Reading this interview makes mke kind of sad how much the BCB and it's culture is holding back our cricket. Read thsi article as it outlines the specific faults. and probably is an indicator of why Bangladesh Cricket has been so slow to progress
Just look at the size of the board, standing committees in BCB. As if they are running a country or sth. With this kind of a structure there will be bureaucracy and red tape in every possible action. Heck i reckon someone will even influence the brand of the toilet roll bought for BCB offices.

http://tigercricket.com/board.html
http://tigercricket.com/committee.html

Now look at Sri Lanka crickets executive committee. http://www.srilankacricket.lk/ex-co-members

This interference has to stop. Coaches need to be given certain degree of freedom. And when guys like RP or RM bring in a proposal consider, they know cricket and they know what will help the development of the NT. But our 24 Directors (Many of whom probably dont know the c of cricket) think otherwise.

Its a shame what these guys are doing to one of the few things that brings pride and happiness to the country.
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old October 24, 2012, 10:59 AM
BrianLara7's Avatar
BrianLara7 BrianLara7 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 6, 2012
Posts: 547

This is typical BD.. it's always someone else's fault. We are (Lotus, Tutul) are always blameless, it's our god given right to do whatever we want with public property.. Who put these incompetent people in charge? oops.. I forgot that lady is the biggest incompetent of them all
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old October 24, 2012, 11:04 AM
BrianLara7's Avatar
BrianLara7 BrianLara7 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 6, 2012
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
There is no doubt about it, fault lies with BCB and the corrupt president and non cricketer stooges are the main culprits. If the analyst doesn't have a license for the software, that's utterly shocking. Yet many here likes to call LK the best and most honest president BCB ever had...
Some people also believe that the earth is flat and Hasina/ Khaleda are suitable to run a country.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old October 24, 2012, 12:28 PM
Dhakablues's Avatar
Dhakablues Dhakablues is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 25, 2004
Location: EverGreen State, USA
Favorite Player: Mashrafee
Posts: 4,263

So, who is in the Cricket Operations Comittee? Isnt it the same set of people who handled BPL issues?

However, what Pybus didnt get is lot of things in Bangladesh goes with 'managing' than whats in contract. Watmore got it because he worked within the system for a long time; Amarnath got it because he knew the culture well, Barlow got it because he worked with a set of 'laid-back-let-the-expert-figure-it-out' administration who revered him.

But when you have Tutul, Lipu, Bobby, Dastagir like heavily politisized brain-less folks running everything and everything, you will have problems. Especially with coaches who wants clarity in contracts, demanding in their planning and visionaries who dosnt like interferances and someone telling them 'NO' without providing an alternate solutions. BCB is the organization who let Julian Fountain go after agreeing to contracts, they let Ian Pont go because there was no planning, they also didnt let Champaka not do his work because they think he is destroying bowlers!! They say they don't have budget for 'sandwiches' but they have budget for Head of Delegation MPs to tour with the team? Tsutul, Lipu, Siraj has a better plan for Test cricket than Pybus, McCinnes? Hence, BCB will never hire a competent CEO because Lipu, Tutul, Bobby, Gazi will not be able to rein their influence as they have been..

Net net, what Pybus did is expose BCB. He did the right thing and as much as BCB prepares an official response, it has no value to anyone. I don't think people will believe an organization as BCB.. its almost like quarallening ( havent used that word for a while) with the crowd because they saw your dirty laundry and trying to convince them its not dirty, its not theirs!!
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old October 24, 2012, 12:37 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 2,856

Dat sandwiches.
__________________
"Life is a dream from which we all must wake."
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old October 24, 2012, 02:01 PM
mali007 mali007 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim
Posts: 1,273

I think Wasim Akram will be a better option .
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old October 24, 2012, 02:08 PM
meazz1's Avatar
meazz1 meazz1 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 15, 2007
Location: GA, USA
Posts: 1,176

@mali007
why even think who'd be better? Is it because Washim will not impose on the right things after he gets "no" from the BCB?
Come one man, accept that the BCB is a circus and no qualified coach can do much improvement until BCB changes.
Anyone can come and coach the boys but it will give the same result that we have been seeing.
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old October 24, 2012, 03:36 PM
Max100 Max100 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 12, 2012
Location: Hawaii
Favorite Player: miller,ryder,warner,nasir
Posts: 905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
So, who is in the Cricket Operations Comittee? Isnt it the same set of people who handled BPL issues?

However, what Pybus didnt get is lot of things in Bangladesh goes with 'managing' than whats in contract. Watmore got it because he worked within the system for a long time; Amarnath got it because he knew the culture well, Barlow got it because he worked with a set of 'laid-back-let-the-expert-figure-it-out' administration who revered him.

But when you have Tutul, Lipu, Bobby, Dastagir like heavily politisized brain-less folks running everything and everything, you will have problems. Especially with coaches who wants clarity in contracts, demanding in their planning and visionaries who dosnt like interferances and someone telling them 'NO' without providing an alternate solutions. BCB is the organization who let Julian Fountain go after agreeing to contracts, they let Ian Pont go because there was no planning, they also didnt let Champaka not do his work because they think he is destroying bowlers!! They say they don't have budget for 'sandwiches' but they have budget for Head of Delegation MPs to tour with the team? Tsutul, Lipu, Siraj has a better plan for Test cricket than Pybus, McCinnes? Hence, BCB will never hire a competent CEO because Lipu, Tutul, Bobby, Gazi will not be able to rein their influence as they have been..

Net net, what Pybus did is expose BCB. He did the right thing and as much as BCB prepares an official response, it has no value to anyone. I don't think people will believe an organization as BCB.. its almost like quarallening ( havent used that word for a while) with the crowd because they saw your dirty laundry and trying to convince them its not dirty, its not theirs!!
Can u tell me about bobby? He seems to me a good person and educated.share if u know anything about him
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old October 24, 2012, 03:39 PM
Max100 Max100 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 12, 2012
Location: Hawaii
Favorite Player: miller,ryder,warner,nasir
Posts: 905

It will be tough to find decent coach now. So many argument and bad relation news with coaches. Even that happened in soccer too. Siddons, law, pont, pybus all left job with dissatisfaction
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old October 24, 2012, 04:34 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

If BCB replies, they will make it even worse ... Get ready for multiple facepalms... Reading that reply...hahah ..waiting for the fun...
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old October 24, 2012, 05:38 PM
Farhad's Avatar
Farhad Farhad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 11, 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan
Posts: 2,815

Interesting interview. If everything he says is true, its hard to fault him.

Of course, I find it hard to believe a lot of what he said. First of all, you don't fly all the way to Bangladesh "out of respect" for a job you don't want to take. Second, the minute he says he wants 200+ vacation days, any credibility he has about wanting to overhaul the entire system goes out the window. It's laughable that he would expect to make any real difference putting in that little time. Lets not forget he was offered a salary far greater than the average for a full-time coaching job.

Regarding the family issue which he calls "the heart of the matter", he has always given mixed signals about his family moving to Bangladesh. That's where the issue lies. He was hopeful his family would move, but that didn't happen and now he wants out. Its as simple as that. I find it incredibly hard to believe the BCB wouldn't insist on this after going through the exact same thing with Law. They're incompetent, but not stupid.

Its this same issue over and over again with foreign coaches: Klusener and Newell had foresight and handled the situation professionally. Law, who didn't have the foresight but gave plenty of notice for a relatively smooth transition handled the situation professionally. Pybus, who left the country without telling anyone and then proceeded to quit without warning while in another country did NOT. That's a fact we don't need to infer on.
__________________
^True dat^
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old October 24, 2012, 10:23 PM
Dhakablues's Avatar
Dhakablues Dhakablues is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 25, 2004
Location: EverGreen State, USA
Favorite Player: Mashrafee
Posts: 4,263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
Can u tell me about bobby? He seems to me a good person and educated.share if u know anything about him
Yes, him along with Gazi Dastagir, looks very 'Mo Kha Alamgir' type innocent but very politicized in handling the issues. He is one of the reason BCB is controlled by only few trusted people within the board. Here are 2 things that I am aware of from interviews.

- Bobby is instrumental in ousting several senior players including Rafique. Rafique openly named him as the reason he couldnt get back to BCB fold
- Bobby was also the manager in recent times and virtually ineffective in managing the team issues. Pybus also mentions this.
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old October 25, 2012, 02:16 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Yes, him along with Gazi Dastagir, looks very 'Mo Kha Alamgir' type innocent but very politicized in handling the issues. He is one of the reason BCB is controlled by only few trusted people within the board. Here are 2 things that I am aware of from interviews.

- Bobby is instrumental in ousting several senior players including Rafique. Rafique openly named him as the reason he couldnt get back to BCB fold
- Bobby was also the manager in recent times and virtually ineffective in managing the team issues. Pybus also mentions this.
Is he the son of late AL leader Mohiuddin? Is he elder son or the younger one? I think Papon is relative of Bobby (not blood relationship).
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old October 25, 2012, 06:58 PM
Crisis Crisis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 19, 2011
Posts: 1,096

So, BD politics and corruption and beaureaucracy in action once again. I also blame RP for not being commited enough
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old October 29, 2012, 07:13 AM
Mav's Avatar
Mav Mav is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 23, 2004
Location: Dallas, Texas
Favorite Player: Alastair Cook
Posts: 1,158

it was a good decision, ya sure he had few personal excuses but he had many more strong reasons related to his role.
__________________
Me Live - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03mOwO25duM
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old October 29, 2012, 08:43 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

পাইবাসও কম যান না

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক

কোচ সংকটে দেশের ক্রিকেটের যখন ছন্নছাড়া অবস্থা, বিসিবি কর্তাদের নৈতিকতা নিয়ে যখন দেশে-বিদেশে সমালোচনার ঝড়, তখন সমস্যার প্রধান কারন নিয়ে কিন্তু তেমন একটা উৎকন্ঠা দেখা যাচ্ছে না ক্রিকেট মহলে। ঘরের কথা পরকে জানিয়ে দেশের ভাবমূর্তি ক্ষুন্ন করলেন যিনি, সে রিচার্ড পাইবাস যেন বহির্বিশ্বে অপেশাদারিত্বকে বৃদ্ধাঙ্গুলি দেখানো নায়ক। তবে তিনি যতই নিজের প্রতি দুনিয়ার ক্রিকেটামোদীদের দৃষ্টি আকর্ষন করার প্রচেষ্টা চালান না কেন, এবং যতই নিজের প্রতি তাদের সমর্থন আদায় করতে বদ্ধপরিকর থাকুন না কেন, দিন শেষে নিজের কৌশল বুমেরাং হয়ে যে ঠিকই তাঁর নিজের গায়ে এসেই বিঁধবে, তা নিয়ে তেমন কোন সন্দেহ থাকার প্রশ্নই আসে না।

যেকোন পেশায় নতুন চাকরি শুরু করতে গেলে সেখানকার পরিবেশের সাথে প্রথমেই মানিয়ে নিতে হয়। পাশাদার কোচ হিসেবে পাইবাস আমাদের দেশের সংস্কৃতি সম্পরকে জানবেন, বুঝবেন, তারপর আমাদের সাথে মিশে যাবেন, সেরকম আশা করাটা কি তবে খুব বেশি চেয়ে ফেলা? পেশাদারিত্বের এই প্রথম ধাপেই পাইবাস ফেল। চাকরি ছেড়ে দেওয়ার যে প্রধান কারন দেখালেন, তাকে একাধারে হাস্যকর এবং দুক্ষজনক বলা চলে। প্র্যাক্‌টিসের পরে নাকি খেলোয়াড়দের ভাজা ডিমের স্যান্ডউইচ খাওয়া তাঁর পছন্দ না। তিনি চান খেলোয়াড়েরা আরও স্বাস্থ্যসম্মত স্যান্ডউইচ খাক। হায় পাইবাস, বিসিবি না হয় গরীব দেশের দূর্নীতিবাজ সংগঠন, কিন্তু বিশ্ব্যের খ্যাতিমান কোচদের একজন হয়ে সাধারন পুষ্টিজ্ঞান বলতে কি আপনার কিছুই নেই? যে দেশে গ্রামে গ্রামে অন্নের আহাজারি, মাছে-ভাতে বাঙ্গালি হিসেবে যে দেশের মানুষের সারা বিশ্বে পরিচিতি, সে দেশের এক নম্বর ক্রিকেট দলের সদস্যদের কেন স্যান্ডউইচ খেয়ে থাকতে হবে? তাঁদের জন্য কি ভাতের বাফেট আয়োজনের নূন্যতম ভদ্রতা করার প্রয়োজন মনে করেন না পাইবাস?

বাঙ্গালি সমাজে সম্মানের গুরুত্ব অসীম। ছোটবেলা থেকে মা-বাবা সন্তান্‌দের ভদ্রতার মর্ম শেখান, যাতে সমাজের চোখে তাদের কখনই ছোট হতে না হয়। বড়দের মুখে মুখে তর্ক করা, বিশেষ করে শিক্ষক বা অফিসের বস্‌ এর নামে রটনা রটানোর তো প্রশ্নই আসে না। পাইবাস কি বিসিবির চাকরি নেওয়ার আগে একবারও বাংলার সমাজের রীতিনীতি সম্বন্ধে শেখার প্রয়োজন মনে করেননি? যদি করে থাকতেন তাহলে নিশ্চয় ৫ মাস যাদের বেতন খেলেন, সেই বিসিবিকে এভাবে জনসমক্ষে নগ্ন করার আগে কম করে হলেও দশবার ভাবতেন। ৫ মাস বাংলাদেশে থেকে তিনি কি কামাল-টুটুলের মত দক্ষ এবং অভিজ্ঞ মানুষের কাছ থেকে কিছুই শেখেননি? তিনি কোচ হতে পারেন, কিন্তু লোটাস-টুটুলও অনেক সিনিয়র মানুষ, তাদের কাছেও পাইবাসের পেশাদারিত্ব নিয়ে অনেক কিছুই শেখার আছে।

পরিস্থিতি আপাতত যে পর্যায়ে, তাতে মনে হচ্ছে পাইবাস ফিরে না আসাতে দেশের ক্রিকেটের বরং ভালই হল। এরকম ভার্সাম্যহীন লোক, যাঁকে শাসন করাই দায়, তাঁর থেকে বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটকে যত দূরে রাখা সম্ভব ততই ভাল। তাঁর দেখাদেখি না আবার সাকিব-তামিমরাও বিগড়ে যান। এমনিতেই তাঁদের প্রতি নিয়ম ভঙ্গের অভেযোগ কম নয়।

পাইবাস, তোমাকে ধিক্কার জানাই। তোমাকে ধিক্কার জানাই। তোমাকে ধিক্কার জানাই। বাংলাকে না চিনে, না জেনে, বাংলার মানুষের মুখে চুন-কালি মেখে বিদেশে পালিয়ে গিয়ে বাংলার বদনাম করার ফল তুমি অবশ্যি পাবে, হারে হারে টের পাবে একদিন, মনে রেখ।
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket