facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old October 16, 2012, 03:04 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,377

Why is it always about the money?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old October 16, 2012, 08:36 AM
meazz1's Avatar
meazz1 meazz1 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 15, 2007
Location: GA, USA
Posts: 1,175

IPL is huge, it's killing all other formats of cricket.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old October 16, 2012, 10:43 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Richard McInnes will be the best coach for Bangladesh, if appointed
There are possibly two things that might work against RM

1. He hasn't even played first-class cricket and many boards would not entertain a coach, however worthy, with the full reins of a Test side that has not played the game to a professional level.

and then,

2. He is a terrific development coach and this means replacing him should he not do that role any more

It puts RM in a tough situation but the fact that the President is even talking about replacing RP is a worry tbh. Something must have gone very wrong.

I think RM could step up and try the role, but I am uncertain if the BCB would 'gamble' (no offence RM) in this way bearing in mind how long they took and the criteria they set in place for finding a replacement for Stuart Law.

The simplest way might be to re-contact the brilliant Mick Newell...
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old October 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,577

Dhaka, Oct 16 (bdnews24.com) - Strengthening the rumour that Tigers' coach Richard Pybus is resigning, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President AHM Mustafa Kamal said Tuesday he will request him to stay until the home series against West Indies in November.
The rumour of Pybus` resignation surfaced when he did not return after Bangladesh's failure in the T20 World Cup.
Pybus, who had returned to international cricket after nine years as Bangladesh's coach in June, is spending time on leave with his family in South Africa.
http://cricket.bdnews24.com/details....d=26&id=234538
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old October 16, 2012, 12:26 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,445

__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old October 16, 2012, 12:26 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
There are possibly two things that might work against RM

1. He hasn't even played first-class cricket and many boards would not entertain a coach, however worthy, with the full reins of a Test side that has not played the game to a professional level.

and then,

2. He is a terrific development coach and this means replacing him should he not do that role any more

It puts RM in a tough situation but the fact that the President is even talking about replacing RP is a worry tbh. Something must have gone very wrong.

I think RM could step up and try the role, but I am uncertain if the BCB would 'gamble' (no offence RM) in this way bearing in mind how long they took and the criteria they set in place for finding a replacement for Stuart Law.

The simplest way might be to re-contact the brilliant Mick Newell...
We have tried with so many coaches having first class or test background. I would root for RM for the reason that he hasn't played at that level, yet he has been successful with HP unit in BD... May be our boys understand his language better...!! I like to see him as the HC, he is definitely different that the rest of the coaches we had... May be we just need the kind of attitude and approach he has, or something we yet don't know, but that works for our boys....

Last edited by BANFAN; October 16, 2012 at 02:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old October 16, 2012, 12:29 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
MOC bhai, I don't know what's the problem, for last few days I only see a blank post when you post a video... What's the Prob?? Is it flash only?? Even I can see the screen in flash ... But it's happening with only your posts containing video...
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old October 16, 2012, 12:58 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,914

Quote:
"The board is obviously trying to sort things out regarding Pybus and his demands. If I am offered the position of the head coach, I'll have certain conditions as well. It depends on a number of factors," said McInnes.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=253952
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old October 16, 2012, 01:32 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,652

or may be Pyboss just lost interest on BD as his pal Loot-us uncle is leaving. :p
__________________
Tea20 is just not our cup of tea.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old October 16, 2012, 01:46 PM
Saifulsohel Saifulsohel is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 21, 2011
Location: Dhaka,Bd
Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul
Posts: 1,227

Bangladesh national cricket team coach Richard Pybus has finally communicated with the Bangladesh Cricket Board and he is expected to arrive after Eid-ul-Azha to prepare his charges for the upcoming home series againstWest Indies, said an official on Tuesday. http://www.newagebd.com/detail.php?d...0-17&nid=27280
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old October 16, 2012, 02:28 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,445

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
MOC bhai, I don't know what's the problem, for last few days I only see a blank post when you post a video... What's the Prob?? Is it flash only?? Even I can see the screen in flash ... But it's happening with only your posts containing video...
Its on Banglacricket's Facebook page. Ever since the You Tube problem in Bangladesh I have been posting news in FB. But if YouTube is back in Bangladesh then I will start to post it on YouTube.
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old October 16, 2012, 02:38 PM
SS SS is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 24, 2004
Posts: 9,218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
Bangladesh national cricket team coach Richard Pybus has finally communicated with the Bangladesh Cricket Board and he is expected to arrive after Eid-ul-Azha to prepare his charges for the upcoming home series againstWest Indies, said an official on Tuesday. http://www.newagebd.com/detail.php?d...0-17&nid=27280
Kurbanir Eid akono 10 days ...Eid shopping starts now and players go to their families and in-laws so (counting from today 10 days will fly) tarpor player der Dhaka fera aro 2 days...tarpor condition camp aro 4 days to lose some fat.......let me count the days ..ops it's seem that our Kurbanir Eid will last 16 days as per my caclulation and the series starts within 15 days!!! Even you think I am too conservative counting those days and players changed overnight and show true world class professionalism they might come back from Eid 2 or 3 days before ......magar when they will really start the preperation...I am tired of this unprofessional work ethics of everybody in bd cricket....sometimes I wonder why I follow bd cricket...Ami ei Bhua...if you are playing such an important series especially test and if this is how plan for preperation, I have nothing else to say but sit on my butt and follow this pathetic team and overall BD cricket rest of life like a blind supporter

back to the topic...so Pybus taile ebar amogo player der moto Kurbani er Eid udjapon korben..very good very good
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old October 16, 2012, 05:51 PM
MarufH's Avatar
MarufH MarufH is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 20, 2006
Location: Washington D.C., USA
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Kurbanir Eid akono 10 days ...Eid shopping starts now and players go to their families and in-laws so (counting from today 10 days will fly) tarpor player der Dhaka fera aro 2 days...tarpor condition camp aro 4 days to lose some fat.......let me count the days ..ops it's seem that our Kurbanir Eid will last 16 days as per my caclulation and the series starts within 15 days!!! Even you think I am too conservative counting those days and players changed overnight and show true world class professionalism they might come back from Eid 2 or 3 days before ......magar when they will really start the preperation...I am tired of this unprofessional work ethics of everybody in bd cricket....sometimes I wonder why I follow bd cricket...Ami ei Bhua...if you are playing such an important series especially test and if this is how plan for preperation, I have nothing else to say but sit on my butt and follow this pathetic team and overall BD cricket rest of life like a blind supporter

back to the topic...so Pybus taile ebar amogo player der moto Kurbani er Eid udjapon korben..very good very good
.




I totally feel your frustration and 100% agree with it.
__________________
Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old October 16, 2012, 06:02 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,364

^^ Why do players need 'Eid Vacation' just before such an important series ? If this series was held in abroad then how would they get 'Eid Vacation' ? They can have just 1 day off, that's it. They don't deserve to get 6-7 days of Eid Masti !!
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old October 16, 2012, 06:35 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 10,867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
^^ Why do players need 'Eid Vacation' just before such an important series ? If this series was held in abroad then how would they get 'Eid Vacation' ? They can have just 1 day off, that's it. They don't deserve to get 6-7 days of Eid Masti !!
Chakor hoise bole ki tader shaad allad nai?
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old October 16, 2012, 08:53 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,445

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Chakor hoise bole ki tader shaad allad nai?
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old October 16, 2012, 09:42 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
^^ Why do players need 'Eid Vacation' just before such an important series ? If this series was held in abroad then how would they get 'Eid Vacation' ? They can have just 1 day off, that's it. They don't deserve to get 6-7 days of Eid Masti !!
I have no problem with them getting Eid Vacation. My only question is Vacation from what? Aren't they already in Vacation right now? With everything about NCL still up in the air are they all practicing/training and getting ready for the season? I doubt it.
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old October 16, 2012, 11:00 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Chakor hoise bole ki tader shaad allad nai?
Hahahaa....
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old October 16, 2012, 11:04 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I have no problem with them getting Eid Vacation. My only question is Vacation from what? Aren't they already in Vacation right now? With everything about NCL still up in the air are they all practicing/training and getting ready for the season? I doubt it.
I also doubt it. haven't seen any news of training for NCL. BCB urfe Lotus Kamal was too busy with his appointment and now race for Next BCB President position. Can't see anyone gearing up for NCL before Eid.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old October 17, 2012, 03:26 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,377

Shakib can be player/coach and our problem is solved.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old October 18, 2012, 01:19 AM
Crickbang Crickbang is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 25, 2011
Posts: 1,878

Hey Guys, I have an idea about a potential HC and he is an in-house candidate within the BCB: Richard McInnes. I mean the guy should be promoted right away and I am convinced Pybus is leaving. Pretty sure on that. Mac should have been the guy 5 yrs ago. But we are lucky he came back as BD Academy coach. Now give it to him (the HC job). Let Pybus go. I am not surprised with his hoopla and all. I mean it's in his background. Hello?

RICHARD MCINNES FOR BD HEAD COACH PLEASE!
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old October 18, 2012, 02:38 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,400

NCL has changed over the years from picnic cricket to vacation cricket.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old October 18, 2012, 04:41 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 6,864

We seriously need to re-think our strategy of hiring coaches. We need to find a middle ground between high profile and continuity. High profile coachs are great while they are in BD but the problem is currently none of them seem to want to stay for too long and that is bad for our cricket's development.

Just like school kids suffer if a teacher leaves half way into the course, our cricketers also would probably get confused if too many coaching philosophies are imposed on them in a short time period.

We need stability more than anything else right now on the coaching front and should look for people only if they like living in Bangladesh and working with our players over any other criterion.
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old October 18, 2012, 05:41 AM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 2,107

But see Whatmore and Siddons were high profile too. One was a champion coach, the other batting coach of the worlds best team (At that time).

Its IPL and T20 that has changed the total landscape. Imagine, Venkatesh Prasad asked for USD 14K per month plus a thumping bonus of $1,25,000 each year. Was he high or sth, thinking we would hire him for that kind of compensation and bonus. Even when we signed Law, he wanted a clause that would permit him to coach a T20 team.

Adding to Jadukor's point we will have to opt for a coach who is not exactly a candidate for T20 teams (Which rules out guys like Bayliss etc), and someone who wont mind living in Bangladesh, and no family issues. Its a bonus if the coach has worked in the sub continent or a developing team. Whatmore for instance probably had no culture shock in BD, nor will he in Pakistan.

If Pybus doesnt continue beyond WI, who are our options? My vote will be Richard McIness. He knows our system, knows the players. He is passionate about Bangladeshi cricket, that alone should be a key selling point. Another option (Which i am sure we will never explore) is Geoff Marsh. Veteran coach has helped Australia win World Cup 1999. Also has experience coaching Zimbabwe. His sacking as Sri Lankan coach was very unfortunate considering they didnt really do that badly.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old October 18, 2012, 08:09 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
But see Whatmore and Siddons were high profile too. One was a champion coach, the other batting coach of the worlds best team (At that time). ......
He was the Assistant Coach....

Apart from the concern Jadukor expressed, which I agree too, There is another good reason for which we shouldn't go for high profile coaches...I.e.

Bangladesh national team players need a level of care and assistance that's quiet different than the rest of the test playing nations. Which is very difficult to expect from the high profile coaches. So a mid level or entry level Head Coach will be much more suitable, since they are expected to go beyond their JD to improve the team's performance.

JS was never a high profile coach, his profile was raised by BCB.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket