facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 16, 2012, 03:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Why is it always about the money?
Old October 16, 2012, 08:36 AM
Test Cricketer

IPL is huge, it's killing all other formats of cricket.
Old October 16, 2012, 10:43 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Richard McInnes will be the best coach for Bangladesh, if appointed
There are possibly two things that might work against RM

1. He hasn't even played first-class cricket and many boards would not entertain a coach, however worthy, with the full reins of a Test side that has not played the game to a professional level.

and then,

2. He is a terrific development coach and this means replacing him should he not do that role any more

It puts RM in a tough situation but the fact that the President is even talking about replacing RP is a worry tbh. Something must have gone very wrong.

I think RM could step up and try the role, but I am uncertain if the BCB would 'gamble' (no offence RM) in this way bearing in mind how long they took and the criteria they set in place for finding a replacement for Stuart Law.

The simplest way might be to re-contact the brilliant Mick Newell...
Old October 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Dhaka, Oct 16 (bdnews24.com) - Strengthening the rumour that Tigers' coach Richard Pybus is resigning, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President AHM Mustafa Kamal said Tuesday he will request him to stay until the home series against West Indies in November.
The rumour of Pybus` resignation surfaced when he did not return after Bangladesh's failure in the T20 World Cup.
Pybus, who had returned to international cricket after nine years as Bangladesh's coach in June, is spending time on leave with his family in South Africa.
http://cricket.bdnews24.com/details....d=26&id=234538
Old October 16, 2012, 12:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Old October 16, 2012, 12:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
There are possibly two things that might work against RM

1. He hasn't even played first-class cricket and many boards would not entertain a coach, however worthy, with the full reins of a Test side that has not played the game to a professional level.

and then,

2. He is a terrific development coach and this means replacing him should he not do that role any more

It puts RM in a tough situation but the fact that the President is even talking about replacing RP is a worry tbh. Something must have gone very wrong.

I think RM could step up and try the role, but I am uncertain if the BCB would 'gamble' (no offence RM) in this way bearing in mind how long they took and the criteria they set in place for finding a replacement for Stuart Law.

The simplest way might be to re-contact the brilliant Mick Newell...
We have tried with so many coaches having first class or test background. I would root for RM for the reason that he hasn't played at that level, yet he has been successful with HP unit in BD... May be our boys understand his language better...!! I like to see him as the HC, he is definitely different that the rest of the coaches we had... May be we just need the kind of attitude and approach he has, or something we yet don't know, but that works for our boys....

Last edited by BANFAN; October 16, 2012 at 02:34 PM..
Old October 16, 2012, 12:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
MOC bhai, I don't know what's the problem, for last few days I only see a blank post when you post a video... What's the Prob?? Is it flash only?? Even I can see the screen in flash ... But it's happening with only your posts containing video...
Old October 16, 2012, 12:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
"The board is obviously trying to sort things out regarding Pybus and his demands. If I am offered the position of the head coach, I'll have certain conditions as well. It depends on a number of factors," said McInnes.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=253952
Old October 16, 2012, 01:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

or may be Pyboss just lost interest on BD as his pal Loot-us uncle is leaving. :p
Old October 16, 2012, 01:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Bangladesh national cricket team coach Richard Pybus has finally communicated with the Bangladesh Cricket Board and he is expected to arrive after Eid-ul-Azha to prepare his charges for the upcoming home series againstWest Indies, said an official on Tuesday. http://www.newagebd.com/detail.php?d...0-17&nid=27280
Old October 16, 2012, 02:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
MOC bhai, I don't know what's the problem, for last few days I only see a blank post when you post a video... What's the Prob?? Is it flash only?? Even I can see the screen in flash ... But it's happening with only your posts containing video...
Its on Banglacricket's Facebook page. Ever since the You Tube problem in Bangladesh I have been posting news in FB. But if YouTube is back in Bangladesh then I will start to post it on YouTube.
Old October 16, 2012, 02:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
Bangladesh national cricket team coach Richard Pybus has finally communicated with the Bangladesh Cricket Board and he is expected to arrive after Eid-ul-Azha to prepare his charges for the upcoming home series againstWest Indies, said an official on Tuesday. http://www.newagebd.com/detail.php?d...0-17&nid=27280
Kurbanir Eid akono 10 days ...Eid shopping starts now and players go to their families and in-laws so (counting from today 10 days will fly) tarpor player der Dhaka fera aro 2 days...tarpor condition camp aro 4 days to lose some fat.......let me count the days ..ops it's seem that our Kurbanir Eid will last 16 days as per my caclulation and the series starts within 15 days!!! Even you think I am too conservative counting those days and players changed overnight and show true world class professionalism they might come back from Eid 2 or 3 days before ......magar when they will really start the preperation...I am tired of this unprofessional work ethics of everybody in bd cricket....sometimes I wonder why I follow bd cricket...Ami ei Bhua...if you are playing such an important series especially test and if this is how plan for preperation, I have nothing else to say but sit on my butt and follow this pathetic team and overall BD cricket rest of life like a blind supporter

back to the topic...so Pybus taile ebar amogo player der moto Kurbani er Eid udjapon korben..very good very good
Old October 16, 2012, 05:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Kurbanir Eid akono 10 days ...Eid shopping starts now and players go to their families and in-laws so (counting from today 10 days will fly) tarpor player der Dhaka fera aro 2 days...tarpor condition camp aro 4 days to lose some fat.......let me count the days ..ops it's seem that our Kurbanir Eid will last 16 days as per my caclulation and the series starts within 15 days!!! Even you think I am too conservative counting those days and players changed overnight and show true world class professionalism they might come back from Eid 2 or 3 days before ......magar when they will really start the preperation...I am tired of this unprofessional work ethics of everybody in bd cricket....sometimes I wonder why I follow bd cricket...Ami ei Bhua...if you are playing such an important series especially test and if this is how plan for preperation, I have nothing else to say but sit on my butt and follow this pathetic team and overall BD cricket rest of life like a blind supporter

back to the topic...so Pybus taile ebar amogo player der moto Kurbani er Eid udjapon korben..very good very good

I totally feel your frustration and 100% agree with it.
Old October 16, 2012, 06:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

^^ Why do players need 'Eid Vacation' just before such an important series ? If this series was held in abroad then how would they get 'Eid Vacation' ? They can have just 1 day off, that's it. They don't deserve to get 6-7 days of Eid Masti !!
Old October 16, 2012, 06:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
^^ Why do players need 'Eid Vacation' just before such an important series ? If this series was held in abroad then how would they get 'Eid Vacation' ? They can have just 1 day off, that's it. They don't deserve to get 6-7 days of Eid Masti !!
Chakor hoise bole ki tader shaad allad nai?
Old October 16, 2012, 08:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Old October 16, 2012, 09:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I have no problem with them getting Eid Vacation. My only question is Vacation from what? Aren't they already in Vacation right now? With everything about NCL still up in the air are they all practicing/training and getting ready for the season? I doubt it.
Old October 16, 2012, 11:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Hahahaa....
Old October 16, 2012, 11:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I have no problem with them getting Eid Vacation. My only question is Vacation from what? Aren't they already in Vacation right now? With everything about NCL still up in the air are they all practicing/training and getting ready for the season? I doubt it.
I also doubt it. haven't seen any news of training for NCL. BCB urfe Lotus Kamal was too busy with his appointment and now race for Next BCB President position. Can't see anyone gearing up for NCL before Eid.
Old October 17, 2012, 03:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Shakib can be player/coach and our problem is solved.
Old October 18, 2012, 01:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Hey Guys, I have an idea about a potential HC and he is an in-house candidate within the BCB: Richard McInnes. I mean the guy should be promoted right away and I am convinced Pybus is leaving. Pretty sure on that. Mac should have been the guy 5 yrs ago. But we are lucky he came back as BD Academy coach. Now give it to him (the HC job). Let Pybus go. I am not surprised with his hoopla and all. I mean it's in his background. Hello?

RICHARD MCINNES FOR BD HEAD COACH PLEASE!
Old October 18, 2012, 02:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

NCL has changed over the years from picnic cricket to vacation cricket.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 18, 2012, 04:41 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We seriously need to re-think our strategy of hiring coaches. We need to find a middle ground between high profile and continuity. High profile coachs are great while they are in BD but the problem is currently none of them seem to want to stay for too long and that is bad for our cricket's development.

Just like school kids suffer if a teacher leaves half way into the course, our cricketers also would probably get confused if too many coaching philosophies are imposed on them in a short time period.

We need stability more than anything else right now on the coaching front and should look for people only if they like living in Bangladesh and working with our players over any other criterion.
Old October 18, 2012, 05:41 AM
Cricket Legend

But see Whatmore and Siddons were high profile too. One was a champion coach, the other batting coach of the worlds best team (At that time).

Its IPL and T20 that has changed the total landscape. Imagine, Venkatesh Prasad asked for USD 14K per month plus a thumping bonus of $1,25,000 each year. Was he high or sth, thinking we would hire him for that kind of compensation and bonus. Even when we signed Law, he wanted a clause that would permit him to coach a T20 team.

Adding to Jadukor's point we will have to opt for a coach who is not exactly a candidate for T20 teams (Which rules out guys like Bayliss etc), and someone who wont mind living in Bangladesh, and no family issues. Its a bonus if the coach has worked in the sub continent or a developing team. Whatmore for instance probably had no culture shock in BD, nor will he in Pakistan.

If Pybus doesnt continue beyond WI, who are our options? My vote will be Richard McIness. He knows our system, knows the players. He is passionate about Bangladeshi cricket, that alone should be a key selling point. Another option (Which i am sure we will never explore) is Geoff Marsh. Veteran coach has helped Australia win World Cup 1999. Also has experience coaching Zimbabwe. His sacking as Sri Lankan coach was very unfortunate considering they didnt really do that badly.
Old October 18, 2012, 08:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
But see Whatmore and Siddons were high profile too. One was a champion coach, the other batting coach of the worlds best team (At that time). ......
He was the Assistant Coach....

Apart from the concern Jadukor expressed, which I agree too, There is another good reason for which we shouldn't go for high profile coaches...I.e.

Bangladesh national team players need a level of care and assistance that's quiet different than the rest of the test playing nations. Which is very difficult to expect from the high profile coaches. So a mid level or entry level Head Coach will be much more suitable, since they are expected to go beyond their JD to improve the team's performance.

JS was never a high profile coach, his profile was raised by BCB.