facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old October 19, 2012, 03:05 PM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Its time to educate the parents on pros and cons of sending their kids abroad. It is a lot of money for a lot of people and they should only decide on the investment based on the potential and not make emotional decision.

In our culture it is always presumed that foreign universities are always better and that is never true. May be 5 of the top 10 universities are in States but at the same time 10 of the worst 10 universities are also in States. And getting a scholarship on those stupid universities should not be a measure of the childs potential...
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old October 19, 2012, 03:29 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

US Universities make a whole lot of money from foreign students. At some of the State Universities International students pay close to $35,000 maybe more, which is at least 10-15 grand more than in state or out of state students have to pay. Plus they either have to pay up front or pay in installment before the semester is over. As far as I know international students can't get loans through Financial Aid. It's a tough world here for International students. Most of the International kids I met so far are from Middle East with loaded parents. I don't know how Middle Class Bangladeshi Students afford it here, plus they can't get job outside the university because they don't have word permit/SS number.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old October 19, 2012, 03:40 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Its time to educate the parents on pros and cons of sending their kids abroad. It is a lot of money for a lot of people and they should only decide on the investment based on the potential and not make emotional decision.

In our culture it is always presumed that foreign universities are always better and that is never true. May be 5 of the top 10 universities are in States but at the same time 10 of the worst 10 universities are also in States. And getting a scholarship on those stupid universities should not be a measure of the childs potential...
Need to educate the employers too. A piece of paper from any damn place of USA is valued more than the best in your own country... So what's the problem with the parents. And most parents who affords their kids to send to USA, does it when they fail to get an admission in Eng/ Med...thinking those will get their kids a better career/social reputation. That way, the entire society needs to know the actual picture, but first and foremost the employers... If there is no demand, people on wont run after it.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old October 19, 2012, 05:26 PM
Crisis Crisis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 19, 2011
Posts: 1,096

Can we cancel his citizenship or is it too late ?
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old October 19, 2012, 05:36 PM
sharup's Avatar
sharup sharup is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 15, 2012
Posts: 149

Don't believe everything you read in the paper or see in the news. If they can cover up 911 truth they can do pretty much do anything. Not saying this not true but what the media says is the official version. There are two sides to a coin.

They sold a war to the world and the world bought it. May be there is some truth in it but I don't buy their bullsh!t anymore. F*** them f***ers
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old October 19, 2012, 05:42 PM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharup
Don't believe everything you read in the paper or see in the news. If they can cover up 911 truth they can do pretty much do anything. Not saying this not true but what the media says is the official version. There are two sides to a coin.

They sold a war to the world and the world bought it. May be there is some truth in it but I don't buy their bullsh!t anymore. F*** them f***ers
LOL!!!
Are you for real?
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old October 19, 2012, 05:53 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharup
Don't believe everything you read in the paper or see in the news. If they can cover up 911 truth they can do pretty much do anything. Not saying this not true but what the media says is the official version. There are two sides to a coin.

They sold a war to the world and the world bought it. May be there is some truth in it but I don't buy their bullsh!t anymore. F*** them f***ers
Yes I'm sure the American Government and Obama has nothing better just 3 weeks before Election time, so what do they do? They find a lonely boy off the street, and frame him.
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old October 19, 2012, 05:56 PM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
I blame hizbut tahrir - I know I come across like a broken record here...but the reach these people have is unbelievable.

As I said before, my own cousin is a victim of their particular brand of brainwashing and we are struggling to pull him back from the edge.

This is a kid who aced his SSC/HSC exams and is now a chemistry student at DU.

Never mixed with any crowd let alone the 'wrong' crowd, and that was the hook. They go for the quiet, unassuming, slightly detached kids. Give them a sense of belonging and the rest is history.

There are teachers with ties to these groups in private and public universities...and the dangers are increasing.

Obviously we aren't some mental nation where people are going to start a jihad tomorrow...but we need to act now.
AND you are correct
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-...moderate-image

"A senior faculty member at the North South University in Bangladesh, where Nafis studied before moving to the US, told The Christian Science Monitor that Nafis was involved with the Hizbut Tahrir, a global organization that advocates a pan-Islamic caliphate and was banned in Bangladesh in 2009. Bangladesh military officials arrested leaders of the group in January after what they claimed was a failed attempt to topple the government"
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old October 19, 2012, 06:22 PM
sharup's Avatar
sharup sharup is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 15, 2012
Posts: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Yes I'm sure the American Government and Obama has nothing better just 3 weeks before Election time, so what do they do? They find a lonely boy off the street, and frame him.
All I said was I don't believe everything that comes out of the officials' mouths. Who knows why they do certain things at certain time? The game of politics is far beyond our imagination. The vast majority of politicians are liars and hypocrites wherever you may go.

Now that you have mentioned about election - how do you know that Obama is not trying to get some credit on war on terrorism and boost his rating in the poll?

How do you explain finding a terrorist's passport on 911 burning rubble? If they can make up such horsecr@p why can't they make up anything to demonise Islam?

I am not saying Bengali guy isn't at fault but bear in mind that there's a colour picture to every story. We are just looking at the black and white print.

Always remain skeptic when stories like this break out.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old October 19, 2012, 06:57 PM
Max100 Max100 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 12, 2012
Location: Hawaii
Favorite Player: miller,ryder,warner,nasir
Posts: 929

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Talk about taking things out of context and doom mongering!

OMG OMG OMG!!!

EDIT: oh and outright lies! The govt deserves to be torn apart for the bridge debacle, but no need to make up ****.

Padma bridge is going to cost $3bil - the biggest infrastructure project in our history. $1bil is equal to ~8200 crore taka, so 24000crore to build the bridge. According to your lie it cost how much money to change names at the airport???

Was this lie one of those Facebook messages that gets passed around by the retards or something some 'expert' offered up as fact.

My mistake. Exact amount is 1400 crore to change the airport name.still thats a lot of money for poor country like us. I think thats a big waste of public money . Do u agree on that
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old October 19, 2012, 07:31 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,384

Nafis and his family lived in Jatrabari. He lived right next to my mum/grandparents house. I tried contacting my grandfather to ask about if he knew Nafis, because believe me, my grandfather knows everyone in the area. Apparently Nafis went to the mosque for every prayer which kind of scares me because that would have meant i was approxiamtely 10m away from him. Theres a mosque right in front of my grandparents house which Nafis would have went to.

Anyways i just feel like there is something missing to the puzzle. Its just such as amateur to carry out, bombing a bank. Pretty much everyone who knew him said that he couldnt have done such a thing. Maybe thats the normal character of a terrorist. Im dont know but i feel like there is something missing.

Im not saying he is innocent. He did have the intentions. But there can be another side. Its just the story doesnt seem straightforward, some part sounds fishy. I feel like the story isnt complete.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old October 19, 2012, 07:42 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,784

I wonder at what point what we write here could be admissible in court or people dragged in to testify now that bp mentions he knows someone who knows someone ....

Navo?
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old October 19, 2012, 07:51 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,384

Bangladesh officials want more details on Fed terror plot suspect

A second man has been charged in the alleged bomb plot against the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Meanwhile, the family of the first accused bomber denies he could have done it.
By Michael Muskal October 19, 2012, 11:40 a.m.

Bangladesh officials are seeking talks with U.S. State Department diplomats over the arrest of a Bangladeshi man on charges that he wanted to blow up the Federal Reserve Bank building in New York, Bangladesh’s foreign minister said on Friday.

Speaking at a news conference in Dhaka, Bangladesh, Foreign Minister Dipu Moni said officials want to know details about the arrest of Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis, 21. Nafis is being held on terror-related charges in New York, accused of trying to detonate a 1,000-pound bomb at the Federal Reserve.

A State Department spokeswoman in Washington said by telephone that she had no information about any meeting with Bangladesh representatives. The topic did not come up at the daily State Department media briefing.

Read More at: http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-bangladesh-diplomats-fed-terror-plot-20121019,0,7524629.story
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old October 19, 2012, 07:56 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,384

His dad quoted this
Quote:
The allegation against my son is not true at all. He could not even drive a car. How was he caught with a van?
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old October 19, 2012, 08:53 PM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
LOL!!!
Are you for real?
Unfortunately. Nothing angers me more than those conspiracy theorists and deniers. They, too me, are equally culpable of the murder wrought by those 9/11 terrorists. Accessory after the fact. It amazes me that in this day and age, seemingly educated people (they are able to use the Internet) can subscribe to theories that have been debunked over and over again. They only read what they agree with, no matter the provenance of the material. I see so many people with similar attitudes in my trips back to the old country that it does not surprise me that guys like this Quazi Nafees gets turned so easily.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old October 19, 2012, 09:57 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 3,087

They subscribe to these theories because they are too damn lazy to read, they'd rather be spoon-fed a 'word of mouth'.
__________________
"Life is a dream from which we all must wake."
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old October 20, 2012, 01:36 AM
Maysun's Avatar
Maysun Maysun is offline
MLC World Series I
 
Join Date: April 11, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 5,892

BD envoy to provide legal aid until "proven guilty"

http://www.banglanews24.com/English/...56078&toppos=2
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old October 20, 2012, 02:09 AM
F6_Turbo F6_Turbo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 19, 2011
Location: A hospital near you
Favorite Player: Brian Lara
Posts: 2,552

Bill Maher : to the Bangladeshi who tried to use 1000lbs of fertilizer to make a bomb...why don't you use it to grow some food


We're the butt of lame jokes about poverty again
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old October 20, 2012, 05:18 AM
sharup's Avatar
sharup sharup is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 15, 2012
Posts: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Unfortunately. Nothing angers me more than those conspiracy theorists and deniers. They, too me, are equally culpable of the murder wrought by those 9/11 terrorists. Accessory after the fact. It amazes me that in this day and age, seemingly educated people (they are able to use the Internet) can subscribe to theories that have been debunked over and over again. They only read what they agree with, no matter the provenance of the material. I see so many people with similar attitudes in my trips back to the old country that it does not surprise me that guys like this Quazi Nafees gets turned so easily.
Unfortunately there are people who swallow everything that the officials has to say. In regards to 911 there are no doubts that the official version doesn't match with what actually happened. Have you ever seen a video of pentagon attack? Only ONE picture was released and even that was not clear enough at all as who how pentagon was attacked.

May be watching this might open your eyes and mind a little. She was an ex CIA Asset who's was silenced for 10 years. Watch from 7 minutes onwards for about half an hour or so. Watch it with an open mind and don't just disregard it thinking she's a conspiracy nutt job.

Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old October 20, 2012, 06:05 AM
deshprem deshprem is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 29, 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Nafis and his family lived in Jatrabari. He lived right next to my mum/grandparents house. I tried contacting my grandfather to ask about if he knew Nafis, because believe me, my grandfather knows everyone in the area. Apparently Nafis went to the mosque for every prayer which kind of scares me because that would have meant i was approxiamtely 10m away from him. Theres a mosque right in front of my grandparents house which Nafis would have went to.

Anyways i just feel like there is something missing to the puzzle. Its just such as amateur to carry out, bombing a bank. Pretty much everyone who knew him said that he couldnt have done such a thing. Maybe thats the normal character of a terrorist. Im dont know but i feel like there is something missing.

Im not saying he is innocent. He did have the intentions. But there can be another side. Its just the story doesnt seem straightforward, some part sounds fishy. I feel like the story isnt complete.

wow dude that's really interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old October 20, 2012, 06:10 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 7,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Waiting for the conspiracy theorists to blame it on CIA, Mossad, RAW etc.
that took a long time... but my prophecy now came true
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old October 20, 2012, 06:26 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,784

how does being skeptical leads to being a 'conspiracy theory nutjob'.... sheesh
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old October 20, 2012, 06:44 AM
cricheart's Avatar
cricheart cricheart is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 2, 2012
Location: Haowa Bhaban
Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers
Posts: 1,592

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharup
Unfortunately there are people who swallow everything that the officials has to say. In regards to 911 there are no doubts that the official version doesn't match with what actually happened. Have you ever seen a video of pentagon attack? Only ONE picture was released and even that was not clear enough at all as who how pentagon was attacked.

May be watching this might open your eyes and mind a little. She was an ex CIA Asset who's was silenced for 10 years. Watch from 7 minutes onwards for about half an hour or so. Watch it with an open mind and don't just disregard it thinking she's a conspiracy nutt job.
...
I dont mind beleiving any conspiracy theory upto some extend. But same way its also completely unbeleivable if someone says that such terrorist acts & stories are all lie about Muslims.
Well with least observation I cant assure you much about others but I know very well about my fellow Muslims in BD, and I can assure you I know a lot here present with little jihadi brainwash who are ready to do any harm against Non-Muslims in any place like Temple, Army Cantonment, Shahid Minar, General public meeting spots etc; let alone an American Reserve Bank or Pentagon.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old October 20, 2012, 07:52 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Nothing that the western News Media or the US govt delivers, is Bible. Even bible undergoes revision or curtailed as concoction, fabrication, lies.... So you have always got to remain open to the other side of the story.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old October 20, 2012, 06:26 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

^ There is a difference between keeping an open mind vs. filling your mind with wild imagination like Barack Obama framed a BD kid to gain more votes in the election poll.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket