facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 23, 2004, 08:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default west indies there for the taking!

seriously i think we can cause a upset in the caribbean. the windies are playing real bad and lara is under a lot of pressure. BD didnt struggle too much against england especially in the 1st test and nafis iqbal even scored a century against them. if bangla continue there steady progress west indies best watchout for the tigers!!

bbc report on state of windies cricket:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/3560731.stm

Old March 23, 2004, 11:08 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default I wish I could agree with you but...

the thing is the W.I squad is currently suffering from discipline problems rather than talent problems...if they get their act together they will be more than a handful..something tells me they will get their act together by the time we reach the shores of the carib!!! but who knows?! may be by then our confidence will be so high in our own abilities that W.I state of affairs regardless will not matter.
Old March 23, 2004, 02:40 PM
Banned

I've noticed the "not so professional" attitude of the WI team recently. If they find themselves beaten in th psychological game, they are unable to pull themselves out of a slump. They definitely have no lack of talents. I also think Lara's own mentality reflects on the team. He shows negative emotions and body language every time they are in a crisis. A perfectionist as he is, losses take a toll on him as captain.

My analysis is, if we are able to show them a good fight early on, they will become more and more vulnerable as the series progresses. I think sending a strong message at the beginning is vital for us. Anything can happen.
Old March 23, 2004, 03:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Billah i think you have pointed something vital - beginning is important.

unfortunatly, its our beginnings that cause our problems.

I would not rule ut the possibility of seeing something phenomenal...but given the new found talent in the windies bowling...it looks extremely unlikley.
Old March 23, 2004, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend

west indies team is becoming one of the bogus teams in international cricket. i think there is a big lack of commitment from the players. this can easily be understood from their attitude. west indies still have one of the best batting line up but the problem is that they are not in form. and their boling is ofcourse not even close to what it used to be once.
Old March 23, 2004, 09:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Default i agree with you

[quote]Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
west indies team is becoming one of the bogus teams in international cricket.

If Lara's forms come back, he could be the decider against our team. He is capable of changing the course of the game. I don't think our bowlers face Lara in the test matches yet, but I expect him to fired up against our weaker team, so watch him out!
Old March 23, 2004, 10:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Default if Masri or Talha is there...

we would ha ve upset something....it will be a pace friendly but as we have lack of quality fast pacers it will be a problem for us..but you know so far we fought good and we will fight again..just have to be confident and go out there with whateva we have for now..
Old March 23, 2004, 11:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think our spin has better chance. After all, the windies are used to playing fast bowlers (regardless of quality of todays windian pacers)
Old March 24, 2004, 12:43 AM
Banned

Contrary to popular belief, the WI pitches are quite slow and low. I think only the old Barbados strip was a batsmen's deathbed from the fast bowler's perspective. Particularly if you were batting on the 4rth.

Back in the bygone era, a target of 150 was also considered a tad too high against the fearsome foursome.

So, spin would be a strong asset for BD.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Pundit]

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Pundit]
Old March 24, 2004, 05:44 AM
Street Cricketer

Bangladesh have no hope of winning a first class game on tour. May possibly win a one dayer if the Windies are right off their game.
Old March 24, 2004, 06:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

WI series is the best chance to get our long waited test win. They are not playing good now. BD is doing better. If games would be held now BD would be in good shape. WI has time. They might regroup by this time. Though It is unlikely to turn a team into form in 1 month. If BD doesn't beat himself, then with little magic we may break the spell at last.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by sage]
Old March 24, 2004, 07:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by wang
Bangladesh have no hope of winning a first class game on tour. May possibly win a one dayer if the Windies are right off their game.
I think there is a better chance for a draw in a test than an ODI win for BD. Also, we do win first class matches.
Old March 24, 2004, 02:14 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

according to whatmore, win in this tour will not be easy. i read it somewhere that he said, beating WI in their own country is really hard. i think we need to target lara specificly. it is not true that he is the only performer or talent in the team, but it seems like everyone in the team is a reflection of him. we are not gonna have masri for this tour. i don't think talha can be a key factor in that tour mainly because WI are used to play fast bowlers. including both rafiq and jr can be useful. theoritically we are not good enough to beat them. but, our team has a very sharp rising slope right now, whereas WI is quite messed up. mentally, we are ahead of them. we need to use it if we want any result from this tour.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by AgentSmith]
Old March 24, 2004, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

I'd like to see enamul haque jr join the full squad on this tour. as for the pacers, only shahadat has any realistic chance of breaking through and even then it may be early for him. I don't think talha will get in the side, not sure what his issue is. mojurul islam will probably be dropped for good now that tareq/alamgir have shown some life - although on WI wickets, will any of these guys have a definite advantage.

rokon will probably not make this tour just because he didn't sparkle in zimbabwe, which leaves room for another batsman - nafees, tushar? what is latest on javed omar, is he coming back?
Old March 25, 2004, 04:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

a win or a credible draw are likely coz the media and public in windies will expect them to beat us. hopefully the pressure on their shoulders will be too much and bangla can annouce they hav reached the international arena!

by the time we tour windies they will hav a new coach and possibly a new captain. hopefully bangla will hav all players fit and in form especially bashar and we will contiue our steady improvement.
Old March 25, 2004, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

ji rafiq bhai,
amaro kintu aki prosno chilo, javedke niye, javed oboshhoi akjon bhalo opener bangladesh doler, bishesh kore test a uni kintu khubi bhalo. besh dhire shushthe kintu tini khelen. echarao bangladesh doler shera fielderder modhhe kintu tini akjon. jaihok, west indies ar pitch a spinner kotota shafollo pabe sheta kintu bola jachhe na. we really need world class fast bolers. and the only one we have is injured, shai mashrafee. we only have taposh. i still wont agree the fact that aziz and alamgir are good enough to be in the team when we already have monju. because for test match i will always prefer monju if we dont have mashrafee. aziz and alamgir can play in the one days. because i think they are still not skilled enough to play in a test match. tobe rokom durbhaggo, keno jani team a dhuklai tar run a khora ashe. ebong jotodur mone hochhe west indies is going to have a new team with a new captain and coach. hopefully they will not have enough time to get set to play against us. dannabad.
Old March 28, 2004, 07:59 AM
Test Cricketer

My prediction

Test 2-0 whitewash
LOI 2-1 well fought
Old March 28, 2004, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
abaro kintu shobaike shubechha. cricket a kintu ami kichu predict korte chai na karon cricket onishchoyotar khela. ar shesh bol na howa porjonto kintu kichui bola jai na. tai ke jitbe ba ke harbe ba series ar folafol ki hobe sheta kintu age theke kichui bola jachhe na. tobe oboshhoi asha korbo folafol jeno amader onukule hoi.