facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 21, 2012, 05:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

nice post,nice pics.
I thought McInnis would be older but he is actually younger than I thought.
bhaloi lagchey shobaike,bhaloitho khawa dawa,adda,gopshop korchen dekhchi.

ar amaro ekhtha churidar payjama achey like Sohel bhai, specially brought pom BD, kinthu paa dhukaite parina, dekhi ei Eid e ekhba try korbo.
Old October 21, 2012, 06:10 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Why in Dhaka most of the people carry their phones in-hand, even if they aren't engaging with them. Even McInnis got this syndrome!

Old October 21, 2012, 06:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
Why in Dhaka most of the people carry their phones in-hand, even if they aren't engaging with them. Even McInnis got this syndrome!
Pick pocket everywhere...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old October 21, 2012, 06:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

It's always a pleasure to chill with Zunaid, Rabiul and the guys no matter where or with whom. But this lunch with Richard was indeed special. Parts of our conversation may have been too candid to be posted in a public forum, but things said and observations made were neither untrue, nor lacking in the best possible intentions for our cricket and cricketers.

Richard's a true believer and a consummate professional who simply doesn't separate his personal goals from those essential to our genuine and rapid development as a test playing nation. He's well aware of all of the mitigating factors but still wants to make a difference from within. Can't really ask for more than that.

Of course both players and BCB administrators involved in the NCL need to invest more resources and seriousness for it to become what it needs to be (a place where our players can develop into international players capable of sustaining success at the highest level), rather than what it is (a pitifully casual place where one gets away with bad habits and actually gets worse in the process). Players also need to work harder on their own especially when camp is not in session and passionately nurture the desire to succeed at the highest level. Hastily put together and improperly prepared A, Academy and age based teams without a strong NCL will only sustain the exasperating status quo.

Obviously the right people with the right knowledge, passion and skillsets need to be making the decisions that matter from scouting and selection to capitalization and investment. In my opinion, that won't happen as long as local club administrators from the DPL run things because they see the NCL and real decentralization as a threat to their Dhaka enterprise.

We also talked frankly about players like Mohammad Ashraful and Shahriar Nafees. Guys like Nafees Iqbal, Junaid Siddique and Rokibul Hasan were also brought into the conversation as were Jamie Siddons and Ian Pont. On our way to our cars, I asked him who will be our next Tamim-Shakib-Mushfique and he responded without hesitation, "Bijauy-Taskin-Sowan".
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 21, 2012 at 07:45 AM..
Old October 21, 2012, 06:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Who is Sowan sohel bhai? Nurul hasan sohan?

Old October 21, 2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
On our way to our cars, I asked him who will be our next Tamim-Shakib-Mushfique and he responded without hesitation, "Bijauy-Taskin-Sowan".
Well, To me, it is Bijauy-Mominul-Sohag-Taskin...
Richard needs to keep his eyes open a bit more!

Nice write-ups as usual Sohel bhai
Old October 21, 2012, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Thanks for your take Sohel Bhai!

off-topic Gosh! Too bad, RM's not younger and single
Old October 21, 2012, 07:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Who is Sowan sohel bhai? Nurul hasan sohan?

Yes. So his name is Sohan. I thought it was as spelled in the official roster. Then again, Dickens is spelled Decans according to those rules

I definitely want to check this kid out now.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 21, 2012, 07:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Yes. So his name is Sohan. I thought it was as spelled in the official roster. Then again, Dickens is spelled Decans according to those rules

I definitely want to check this kid out now.
Heard he is the best wicket keeper in the country, but batting is not great but still better than Dhiman, Mithun, Sahin and others. Failed miserably in the u19 wc tho

Old October 21, 2012, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I thought McInnis would be older but he is actually younger than I thought.
Still in his thirties I believe. Remember, he never had much of a playing career and has been coaching since he was very young.
Old October 21, 2012, 10:55 AM
Richard McInnes
Manager / Head coach, National Cricket Academy
Former BD U19 Coach

Hi all,

Will try to answer the important question first - "why do i carry my phone?". The samsung phones are practically unlockable and if you put them in your pocket, for sure you will be ringing someone without realising it.

IN relation to next generation of players, i was asked who i rated out of the last U19 group, hence selected a few players i knew from that group. At this early stage i have not seen all the players yet, but from what i have seen these guys impressed me. Shuhon is the U19 wicket keeper who made some runs today also for Dhaka in tough batting conditions. I invited him to train with us in Khulna in prep for the practice match against WIHPC and i liked his attitude and talent. so only a brief encounter with him, but he impressed me. Bijoy and Taskin have obvious talent, but they also both have a great drive to succeed which is essential.

I have seen quite a few players who i worked with previously and great to see guys start the season well. Regardless of the various issues with first class cricket, the players job is still to take wickets and make runs, so pleasing to see some of the fringe guys record some strong performances in round 1. I am looking forward to more.

Regards
Old October 21, 2012, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

i think that that girl in the back in checking out our foreign coach... feel bad for the guy (her father? or really old husband) sitting across.

anyways, my q to richard bhai, where do you shop? you buy clothes from aus and bring it? or buying from bd?

i like that shirt...
Old October 21, 2012, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Finally! Thanks for sharing with us Zunaid bhai as for the others, waiting on their take!

My my! Richard's cute! Too ba he's older and married with 2 kids
and??????

i dnt know how his wife let this guy roam around in dhaka...lol...need to be really strong and secured minded...
Old October 21, 2012, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

This is the cricinfo profile of Nurul Hasan Shown, but not much. .
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...er/410765.html
Old October 21, 2012, 02:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

A little correction, most of us here are getting Richard's name wrong including the thread title, it's McInnes not McInnis!
Old October 21, 2012, 10:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I was getting disappointed scrolling down until I reached the last picture in the OP and caught a glimpse of the beef crepes.

Coach, please please please beat our sissy bunch up into men. If Nazimuddin still whines about ice baths in what is considered T-shirt weather in many countries, please don't let him get anywhere near the national, A, academy or U19 teams. You have to do this coach, we can't keep losing to Turkmenistan, Luxembourg and Congo second XI everyday. And if you can't get through to these idiots, no one can. If you can't then it pretty much is the end of the dark tunnel for us, the bottom of the bottomless pit, the setting of the sun, 21122012, time to go play danguli with 3 year olds.

35 year old Jahurul Islam (not to confuse with the cricketer, although his real age could be 35 too, who knows?) had nothing to do but bury his face in his palms in shame when one day, at the SBNS, his four year old son Samir (not to confuse with the Chittagong Kings owner, and no, he definitely isn't 4) asked, "Baba, why does Ashraful play juicy half volleys to the hands of cover when even I know how to keep it on the ground? Does he have a learning disability?" This is not the nation Jahirul had dreamt of building for his son. This is not the nation that his forefathers had fought hard for. He now has no option but to send his son to Australia for good, where he is guaranteed to have a better life, devoid of cricketing disappointments. Jahirul might be the father, but I think even I shed a tear that day at the prospect of the breakage of a father-son relationship.

When her high school sports teacher Abul Mokhles pulled one with all his might, 14 year old Fatema Banu flew six feet to her right to catch it in the air with her wrong hand. After the game, she approached her coach with "If I can take that, why does Abul Hassan miss a dolly?"

The question rendered Mokhles speechless, because at the end of the day, being an Abul himself, he couldn't keep the ball on the ground like 4 year old Samir Islam does in his sleep.

Coach, it's getting beyond painful watching these Ashrafuls, Abuls, Nazimuddins, Nafeeses and Mofeezes submit to the Bangkok Retirees XI on every foreign tour. Please coach, bring in the Samir Islams and Fatema Banus, I'm sure there are plenty in a population of (unofficially but realistically) 200 million. Please coach, save our buttocks, because when teams ranked lower than us give us regular wedgies on the cricket pitch, the word humiliation just doesn't cut it. I mean for the fans, I'm sure the players have no shame, at least they don't seem to, except for Shakib.

Coach, when it comes to cricket in Bangladesh, you are God. And if God can't help us, then it's safe to say the devil has taken over. As Leo DiCaprio once said of South Africa in the movie Blood Diamond, "God left this place a long time ago". Please don't let us become DiCaprio's South Africa, coach.
You've a very bright future in satirical writing and 'roummo rochona', I'm telling you ATMR.
And it's great to see the coach with BC crew. Thanks for sharing. I'm also happy that RM sees some potential in Taskin. We desperately need some good fast bowling prospects.
Old October 22, 2012, 01:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Nice place, nice writing Boss and nice reply from Observer.
Old October 22, 2012, 10:24 AM
Test Cricketer

It's great to finally see the faces behind the posts we see everyday.
Glad you shared with us.
Old October 22, 2012, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
That was just for an appetizer Zee. We still had our real meal when Richard joined us. This was more like the Koch brothers meet.
Zunaid bhai is not denying that he's a millionaire. Why not buy a BC franchise in NCL?

Man, I miss Dhaka....for all those mouthwatering restuarants though I just got back a few months ago.
Old October 22, 2012, 04:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer
Hi all,

Will try to answer the important question first - "why do i carry my phone?". The samsung phones are practically unlockable and if you put them in your pocket, for sure you will be ringing someone without realising it.
Besides, with all the noise around, it's even hard to hear phone ringing and with all the commotion, hard to feel the vibration in your pocket.
Old October 23, 2012, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Hi all,

You mean your employer doesn't give you free BlackBerries and iPhones so that they can page you at 3 am when Ashraful can't go to sleep because he isn't getting his cover drive right?
Old October 31, 2012, 04:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Great posts by Dr.Z, Sohel bhai and obviously our beloved coach.

It's a great feeling to have such a good coach in charge of the young boys.
Old October 31, 2012, 04:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

You signed an actual contract, right?
Old October 31, 2012, 04:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Hi all,

IN relation to next generation of players, i was asked who i rated out of the last U19 group, hence selected a few players i knew from that group. At this early stage i have not seen all the players yet, but from what i have seen these guys impressed me. Shuhon is the U19 wicket keeper who made some runs today also for Dhaka in tough batting conditions. I invited him to train with us in Khulna in prep for the practice match against WIHPC and i liked his attitude and talent. so only a brief encounter with him, but he impressed me. Bijoy and Taskin have obvious talent, but they also both have a great drive to succeed which is essential.

I have seen quite a few players who i worked with previously and great to see guys start the season well. Regardless of the various issues with first class cricket, the players job is still to take wickets and make runs, so pleasing to see some of the fringe guys record some strong performances in round 1. I am looking forward to more.

Regards
Coach have you got the chance to see Al Amin Hossain, the right arm medium fast bowler? He seems to be an impressive one by stats. Any comments on him?
Old October 31, 2012, 09:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
You signed an actual contract, right?
Good question !!
Our meeting was few days before the whole Pybus fiasco, so this never came to our mind !!
Yes Richard, the all important question, have you signed a contract yet ??

Well, sorry for my way too late comment on this thread, esp to those who expected a lot earlier. Most of the things I would have talked about our meeting has already been covered by Zunaid bhai, Sohel bhai and the Man himself.

It was a pleasure meeting Richard and discuss some of the aspects of Bangladesh cricket. For hard core fans like us, hearing it straight from the man who deals with the boys and the system regularly, it was gold.

Big thanks goes to Zunaid bhai for organizing and as always Sohel bhai is a great company to have around in any meeting.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]