facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who should open the batting with Tamim?
Nazimuddin 18 25.71%
Anamul Haque 10 14.29%
Shahriar Nafees 6 8.57%
Junaid Siddique 9 12.86%
Jahurul Islam 0 0%
Soumya Sarkar 2 2.86%
Imrul Kayes 11 15.71%
Mominul Haque 2 2.86%
Naeem Islam 0 0%
Mohamad Ashraful 11 15.71%
Other (please mention who) 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 23, 2012, 03:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Weaker opponent? West Indies side is actually stronger than a lot of sides. They have a strong batting, a strong seam attack... they only had a deficiency which was the spin attack and now they have it too.

If you want to debut Anamul, Mominul, Marshal, Taskin... wait for the Zimbabwe tour or the New Zealand tour at home.
they're a strong side no doubt, every test team is tough but there are a number of sides that are stronger atm. it's not t20 it's test cricket we are talking about.
Old October 23, 2012, 03:10 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

There are valid points on both sides in this argument. The key here is if we do take a chance with Anamul now then we have to persist with him until he comes good. We have to remember how Kohli struggled in the test series in Australia until the last test and quickly turned things around.

If we continue with Nazimuddin we should expect a more immediate result as he is no longer a newbie.
Old October 23, 2012, 03:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
There are valid points on both sides in this argument. The key here is if we do take a chance with Anamul now then we have to persist with him until he comes good. We have to remember how Kohli struggled in the test series in Australia until the last test and quickly turned things around.

If we continue with Nazimuddin we should expect a more immediate result as he is no longer a newbie.
He deserves 3/4 series too, as you are ready to give to Anamul. Especially after doing not that bad in the first series. Except against U19 level whatever chances were given to Anamul, he failed in everything....IMO he is being rated much higher than what he actually is.

If we have to give any value to our domestic cricket, this is the time, because all the national team players are participating after a long time. And the guys performing well in this NCL, should be taken mor seriously.
Old October 23, 2012, 03:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
He deserves 3/4 series too, as you are ready to give to Anamul. Especially after doing not that bad in the first series. Except against U19 level whatever chances were given to Anamul, he failed in everything....IMO he is being rated much higher than what he actually is.

If we have to give any value to our domestic cricket, this is the time, because all the national team players are participating after a long time. And the guys performing well in this NCL, should be taken mor seriously.
well nazimuddin hasn't performed yet this NCL and as for taking value to domestic cricket anamul has performed well as a top 3 batsman in the NCL over the last 2 seasons whereas nazimuddin is a middle order batsman being made an opener at international level. at least anamul bats in the top order, nazimuddin is a middle order batsman forced to open at the highest level which he's never succeeded in (if you include t20s and ODIs).
Old October 23, 2012, 03:37 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

Anamul gets more chances in my book because he is very young and totally new to international cricket and looks to be an obvious talent. His performance in the U-19 worldcup is proof of his ability and even cricinfo identified him as a player to watch out prior to the tournament. So investing time in him is more or less a risk free investment if we aim for the long haul.

In case of Nazimuddin, (although one should not mix performances in different format) many would agree he has serious technical issues as evident from the Asia Cup. There is no doubt he has played well against Pakistan and should be rewarded for it but we cannot rule out the fact that as a long term solution he might just not have skills to be a permanent opener for us. Will it be unfair to Nazimuddin if he gets dropped after one bad series?.. the answer is yes but given the information we have on him, it might also be a tough call that the selectors have to make to get series results in our favor.

Performance in NCL should be given priority but the problem the selectors have is that our domestic competition performances counts very little when it comes to succeeding in the international arena. That's why players like Tushar Imran could never make it at the highest level despite several opportunities.
Old October 23, 2012, 04:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

I'd like to see Nazimuddin open this series and if he fails than Anamul in the next series. By doing that we've given Nazimuddin a fair run and it gives Anamul more time to prepare to step up to the highest level.
Old October 23, 2012, 07:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Bowl 6 straight deliveries to Nazim, one will go through
Old October 23, 2012, 08:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Anamul has scored 8 and a golden duck so far...
Old October 23, 2012, 08:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Right now only Shahriar Nafees is the way to go. Forget about Vim, BiZ, Nazza or any other Kodus.
Let the cousins open together
Old October 23, 2012, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Right now only Shahriar Nafees is the way to go. Forget about Vim, BiZ, Nazza or any other Kodus.
SN is in poor form. He will surely edge the ball to slips within the opening spell of Rampaul/Roach. No.2 has been a real concern. I will give Nazim another go.
Old October 23, 2012, 09:54 AM
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner

SN again really?
10 runs newar por tu mon e hoi tar jihba ber hoye jai. slip a Khucha dia or tar sorir er shob sokti dia marey 40 goj ar bhitor catch dia onek koste hatey pavillion a phire ashe ghumai.

Last edited by Anher; October 26, 2012 at 06:45 PM..
Old October 23, 2012, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

It doesn't matter who you pick at #2, failure is inevitable. Anamul will score a duck, Imrul will make a single digit score, Zunaed will get out to an ugly swipe, Nazimuddin might contribute 20-30.

Bring back Javed Omar, at least he carried the bat on debut.
Old October 23, 2012, 10:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
It doesn't matter who you pick at #2, failure is inevitable. Anamul will score a duck, Imrul will make a single digit score, Zunaed will get out to an ugly swipe, Nazimuddin might contribute 20-30.

We will all be happy if he scores 30. He is a very slow player and it will take him 1.5 session to score 30. Keeping one end intact for 40-45 overs is good enough.
Old October 23, 2012, 10:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

gotta be Nazim.
not that he is a great option but the other nominees are

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 23, 2012, 10:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
They're cousins?
Old October 23, 2012, 11:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Imrul Kayes for me. Better technique than Nazimuddin. You can count him to at least get into a 50-60 run partnership.
Old October 24, 2012, 05:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook,Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I will agree with Rubu bhai. Partnership is really important. Listed below is top 5 overall partnership.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...sults;type=fow

http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ptstblHead-bg.gif); BACKGROUND-POSITION: 0% 0%">
Overall figures
Imrul Kayes, Tamim Iqbal2008-2011320122918538.4026
Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan2008-201127098911136.62110
Junaid Siddique, Tamim Iqbal2008-201025097320038.9232
Mahmudullah, Mushfiqur Rahim2009-201112033710828.0811
Mahmudullah, Shakib Al Hasan2009-20105130914577.2512
Yes Imrul Baba pls. Cheleta naki boroi bhodro.
We need a cool head with a hard hitter and statistics say the rest.
Old October 24, 2012, 05:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

Then better bring back Ash... He scored a century on Debut...
Old October 24, 2012, 06:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav
Yes Imrul Baba pls. Cheleta naki boroi bhodro.
We need a cool head with a hard hitter and statistics say the rest.

But Vim has lost his mojo for a good while now. Can't muster a run even by Kaedging! Stats can lie sometime...

Don't get me wrong. For I, indeed, a Kaedge supporter. Right now he needs a vacation from international duty and sort out his mess with the help of a good batting coach and by playing more FC.
Old October 24, 2012, 06:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
They're cousins?
Ain't we all?!

But, I think they are.
Old October 24, 2012, 07:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Imrul Kayes for me. Better technique than Nazimuddin. You can count him to at least get into a 50-60 run partnership.
better technique indeed, Imrul is the only batsman in the world who can score runs by edging at will (or not)
And yes about the 50_60 partnership where Imrul's contribution will be 8-12 runs.
Old October 24, 2012, 08:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

It will be Ash opening with Tamim. No doubt

I personally want SN to open. I know he is another jodu modu but much better than KaEdge
Old October 25, 2012, 02:08 AM
Cricket Guru

anyone except ash please! yes i'd even take imrul over ash but really no imrul either please. of the ones we've tried numerous times i think SN would be the one to give another go, junaid did well at #3 but didn't do so well as opener. i still think it's between, or should be between, anamul and nazimuddin. if that's what the selectors are thinking it could easily come down to who scores the most in the FC matches leading up to the selection of the squad.
Old October 25, 2012, 03:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Im surprised that alot of people are picking Imrul as a test opener. Yes he is a decent partner for Tamim but he has shown that he is not capable in test cricket. But i would certainly pencil him in as the batting partner for Tamim in ODIs. No way will Ash get the job done as opener.

In terms of being fair id give Nazim another go. Hasnt done much wrong in the tests that he has played. But as personal preference id like Nafees to be given another go. I still believe that Nafees has still alot left to offer for the national team. He has that mentality for test cricket and his technique is much more reliable than Nazim's. All i ask from Nafees is to score 30 or more runs to build a platform with Tamim. That is all i ask from him.

Anamul isnt ready just yet. I understand Gowza bhais reasoning of why Anamul deserves a chance now. I would have given him a go but it just doesnt make sense atm because he isnt in form. It just wouldnt make sense debuting an out of form youngster to face 140k+ bowlers which he probably rarely faces. I say not now but cetainly in the near future when he picks up his form.

Mominul deserves the #3 spot. But if he doesnt get picked then id understand why.

I cant believe that Australia can drop a batsmen as good as Ponting from the national team but BCB can pick Abuls and the Shafiuls.

Its either for me
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Shahriar Nafees
3. Mominul Haque

Or...
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Nazimuddin
3. Shahriar Nafees
Old October 25, 2012, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Nazimuddin seems to be the best option at the moment. Anamul in future maybe.