facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 2, 2013, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I swear Pakistan still owes us a tour in Bangladesh.
Old January 2, 2013, 12:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Going there for 2 days wouldnt have harmed Bangladesh Cricket, especially when we made a written comittment. However, if BCB published the safety reports, it wouldve been more understandable. The fact that Papon can't even pick up the phone and talk to PCB head, tells. the story that he himself isnt convinced of the situation.

We all know its sheer politics than anything else. The present government is in a position to not let limit any visits to Pakistan, be it head of the government or the cricket team. Almost acting like India. Mixing up apologies for genocide with a cricket tour is non-sensical.

It is what it is.. BCB is always as unprofessional. Be it dealing with foreign coaches, BPL, tours to Pakistan or even following up with other promises... Its just that its getting boring now!!
Old January 2, 2013, 05:25 PM
Cricket Legend

PCB invites BCB
Old January 2, 2013, 08:42 PM
Street Cricketer

as I said before, why aren't we proposing a different venue? we can play them in Dubai, Sarjah or even in Dhaka. Whats wrong with such proposals?
Old January 2, 2013, 09:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymoney
as I said before, why aren't we proposing a different venue? we can play them in Dubai, Sarjah or even in Dhaka. Whats wrong with such proposals?
Because the whole point of this tour is NOT playing just a mere series with pakistan but playing in Pakistan. Or in another words, getting cricket back to pakistan after the 2009 shooting of the Sri Lankans.
Old January 2, 2013, 10:30 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Well, I am blaming BCB instead PCB. Why on earth BCB promised to visit Pakistan on the first place?

We all know the answer, don't we? So, blame Mr. Kamal instead of PCB.
Also, PCB promised to support the BCB candidate after BCB supported PCB's the earlier time. However, promises don't seem to matter with PCB. In fact, it does not even with BCB. Anyone remembers the Julien incident?
Old January 2, 2013, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

This tour might take place right after BPL....
Old January 5, 2013, 01:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid

Meeting With PCB Chief Zaka
Papon goes to India today

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Nazmul Hassan Papon will leave for India today in a bid to settle various bilateral issues with his Pakistan counterpart Zaka Ashraf. Both the presidents have been invited by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to watch the third One Day International (ODI) between India and Pakistan in Delhi. BCB officials, in a press conference yesterday, stated that the president would take this opportunity to have a meeting with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) president.

“BCB president will meet Zaka Ashraf on Sunday to discuss several bilateral issues. We received an email from the PCB inviting our board president and CEO for a talk,” said Jalal Yunus, BCB media committee chairman.

“The PCB president had earlier mentioned various places in Pakistan and India to host the bilateral meeting. Since he'll be in India, the BCB president wanted to take this opportunity to sit with him,” added Yunus.

Source - the daily star, dhaka.
Full read - Link
Old January 5, 2013, 02:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Haire kopal, abar meeting? Khaiya daiya kaj nai ek ektar. Classic KDPP case. Either we are going or not going. Eto meeting korar dorkar ki.
Old January 5, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
This tour might take place right after BPL....
why can't we play Pakistan in UAE? Doesn't that satisfy everyone?
Old January 5, 2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Well, it doesn't satisfy Pakistan for sure as PCB wants cricket back to Pakistan, again!
Old January 5, 2013, 09:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Ek Pashe Papon aar ek Pashe Zaka ... Maj Khane Nara(yan)

Ek Pashe Dipu aar ek Pashe Hina ... Maj Khane Salman

Ek Pashe Mushi aar ek Pashe Misba... Majkane Dhon

Which group is more interesting?
Old January 6, 2013, 12:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Haire kopal, abar meeting? Khaiya daiya kaj nai ek ektar. Classic KDPP case. Either we are going or not going. Eto meeting korar dorkar ki.
diplomacy and politics. BCCI dawat dise Pappon re...he should ask for a test and ODI tour!
Old January 6, 2013, 03:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I was asking the same question. The reason was that they want to prove the world that Pakistan is a safe place to be and play int. cricket. But why in our players' lifes' cost? And we are muslim too, bad things may not wait for us, why not try to convince india or anyother non-muslim countries? If they play successfully in friendly environment, then other countries will play there too.

Then if I articulate in the point of view of Islam, no one dies or eats whatever Allah decided for him/her. If you have enough iman and thinking of helping not pakistani but muslim brother, then travel.
Old January 6, 2013, 06:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

Bringing into something divine like religion into sports is a poor practice that we find still exists in civilizations developed or developing alike. If the same situation prevailed for instance in South Africa like they were barred from playing cricket during the apartheid which forced England to suspend almost their full squad led by Gatting, I wonder how many of us will still be vouching for the tour to happen.
Old January 6, 2013, 06:40 AM
Banned

One must understand that PCB is wanting to use the bangladesh cricket team as guinea pigs to bring back international cricket back in pakistan. That is their best interest

PCB doesnt care about a proper bilateral series hence they are not hosting them matches in UAE, which hasn't been a proper hosting place for Pakistan.
Old January 6, 2013, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Nazmul Hassan was sitting next to Zaka during the PAK-IND 3rd ODI!
Old January 6, 2013, 07:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

dekhen bhais dekhen, Papon khalu koto bhala manush, desh er player der kotha bhebe tour cancel korlo,abar bullet proof jacket charai Zaka'r shathey dekha korte gelo,
kotto bhalo amar khalu dekhsen?
Old January 6, 2013, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Now we want Papon to arrange India tour ...Can't wait to beat them in their own soil
Old January 6, 2013, 06:06 PM
Cricket Legend

I saw our BCB president sitting at the same table with Zaka yesterday at the Delhi game on TV...there was supposed to be bilateral talks as per Prothom Alo and Daily Star. I just wondered what they were talking about. It appeared BCB prez was the lone Bangladeshi at a table full of Pakistani officials. He looked pensive whereas Zaka was in good cheer.

I wonder what they spoke about.
Old January 6, 2013, 07:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Dw they were probably both talking about life and how cricket is politics.
Old January 6, 2013, 11:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

ICC refuses to declare Pakistan safe

KARACHI: Following Bangladesh’s refusal to tour the country, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) suffered another blow as the International Cricket Council (ICC) has now refused to term the country safe to host international cricket.

Pakistan have not hosted any Test side since the attack on the Sri Lanka team in 2009. They were also denied hosting rights of ICC events including the World Cup 2011 that was held in the region.

Their efforts of reviving international cricket on home soil suffered another major blow yesterday when the ICC Chief Executive Dave Richardson termed the conditions in the country ‘unsafe’.

“It’s premature to say whether it’s still safe to tour Pakistan or not,” Richardson told reporters in New Delhi during the final One-Day International between Pakistan and India.

“They’ve got a difficult situation there. They still have a lot of work to do in convincing the international world that it is safe to go to Pakistan.”

The ICC chief’s statement came despite Pakistan having successfully hosted foreign teams including big names of the game last year.

Meanwhile, a former cricketer said Richardson’s comments have increased doubts that the former South Africa cricketer is following orders from the India board, which is also alleged for pressing Bangladesh to cancel their tour to Pakistan.

“If ICC can’t help Pakistan, it should’nt give such comments either,” said the former cricketer.

“This is damaging for Pakistan cricket as it will stop countries from considering a visit here.

“Such statements raise questions about Richardson who is allegedly thought to be working on the India agenda to sideline Pakistan from international cricket.”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/490130/i...pakistan-safe/

got this from PP...
Pakistani media morons thinks Its BCCI who prevented BCB from going with the tour
Old January 7, 2013, 12:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

I like Papon, the BCB President, Alhamdulillah! I really like him

Alhamdulillah! for that ICC Statement. phew! now PCB can't really do much after that statement...just wait until it becomes safe again, and that may take quite a while...
Old January 7, 2013, 12:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
diplomacy and politics. BCCI dawat dise Pappon re...he should ask for a test and ODI tour!
He did. We always bring up the subject whenever we meet the Cosa Nostra of international cricket. They won't respond positively until we start competing against and then beating them on a regular basis. That day isn't too far InshAllah.

On another note, it isn't at all surprising that many in Pakistan always spin new variations on the same old paranoid conspiracy theories whenever things don't go their way. Facts are irrelevant, I suppose.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 7, 2013, 01:22 AM
Cricket Legend

It's good that PAK media thinks its BCCI that tells BCB not to go to PAK...true or not this perception should reduce pressure on BCB from PCB