facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3201  
Old November 15, 2012, 08:03 AM
mali007 mali007 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim
Posts: 1,273

Well done BD , stunning day for the fans , no complain . Inshallah we will pass the WI score and make the CRICKET WORLD believe in us .
Reply With Quote
  #3202  
Old November 15, 2012, 08:14 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

It looks like the groundsman has made the world's flattest batting track :-)

i am guessing the idea is thus to not lose the series or give either side a chance to win. If the wicket was quick and bouncy it would play into WI hands. If it was a spinning top it would play into WI spinners hands as well and open the door for Narine etc.

As things stand with batting on this wicket, it requires batsmen to simply go and have a net in the middle. No more, no less. Both teams racking up MASSIVE scores on an easy paced, dry pitch with no grass. I can see a line of batsmen queuing up to get an innings on this track.

Unless the ball starts to turn sharply on day 4 and 5, the only team that can beat Bangladesh on a wicket like this, is Bangladesh. Job done.

And as long as batsmen don't try to launch the ball into the stands every few seconds, this match will be the dullest draw of all time. So I am not quite sure what this proves in world cricket, other than just don't get out and wait for a pie to be bowled. If you miss out on a straight forward 100 on this beauty of a batting surface, you will likely want to hang yourself!
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #3203  
Old November 15, 2012, 08:17 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 6,859

^^Ian let us enjoy our moment for at least 24 hours. Right now we don't care if the pitch was the Dhaka-Chittagong highway... We want to appreciate the effort put in by our boys
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #3204  
Old November 15, 2012, 08:26 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
^^Ian let us enjoy our moment for at least 24 hours. Right now we don't care if the pitch was the Dhaka-Chittagong highway... We want to appreciate the effort put in by our boys
I am also thrilled that for a change, the BD batters didn't all collapse in a heap for no reason.

To be fair though, had they done so on this track and followed on, it could have been the lowest point in their 12 year Test history.

It's a pity we are celebrating a side simply not being bowled out, that's all.
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #3205  
Old November 15, 2012, 08:39 AM
DMan DMan is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 5, 2011
Location: West Indies
Posts: 483

I think you guys have a fair chance of winning this game now. WI might end up collapsing on the 4th or 5th day ( VERY POSSIBLE ) for about 130 - 150 runs which will give you guys few runs to win the match. This pitch should turn big on the 4th or 5th days.
Reply With Quote
  #3206  
Old November 15, 2012, 08:40 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
It looks like the groundsman has made the world's flattest batting track :-)

i am guessing the idea is thus to not lose the series or give either side a chance to win. If the wicket was quick and bouncy it would play into WI hands. If it was a spinning top it would play into WI spinners hands as well and open the door for Narine etc.

As things stand with batting on this wicket, it requires batsmen to simply go and have a net in the middle. No more, no less. Both teams racking up MASSIVE scores on an easy paced, dry pitch with no grass. I can see a line of batsmen queuing up to get an innings on this track.

Unless the ball starts to turn sharply on day 4 and 5, the only team that can beat Bangladesh on a wicket like this, is Bangladesh. Job done.

And as long as batsmen don't try to launch the ball into the stands every few seconds, this match will be the dullest draw of all time. So I am not quite sure what this proves in world cricket, other than just don't get out and wait for a pie to be bowled. If you miss out on a straight forward 100 on this beauty of a batting surface, you will likely want to hang yourself!
Nicely said dear coach..........
Reply With Quote
  #3207  
Old November 15, 2012, 08:40 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 6,859

We are not celebrating... we are simply appreciating our commitment and desire to match the WI total after the hammering we received for the first two days. There are still six more sessions to go and anything is still possible.

South Africa and Australia just finished a test where the first innings scores were 450 and 565/5 respectively. Considering the strength of South Africa's pace attack and the fact that they could manage just 5 wickets in think the world's flattest track award should go to Australia for now.
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #3208  
Old November 15, 2012, 08:44 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,364

I was at the stadium today. Thoroughly enjoyed BD batting and Gayle's funny moves
Reply With Quote
  #3209  
Old November 15, 2012, 08:44 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan
I think you guys have a fair chance of winning this game now. WI might end up collapsing on the 4th or 5th day ( VERY POSSIBLE ) for about 130 - 150 runs which will give you guys few runs to win the match. This pitch should turn big on the 4th or 5th days.
That is the thing I am waiting for. WI batting line up is also a shaky line up like us.
We should target a lead now. If we can manage a lead,In 4th day wicket there will be some turn. I will hope for a collapse in WI side by our spinners.
Reply With Quote
  #3210  
Old November 15, 2012, 08:47 AM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 10,867

The 3rd day of this test is probably the Best day of our test history. I am still mesmerized by Naeem's innings. He made test batting look so easy. Shakib was very unfortunate to not get a 100..

Tomorrow's tactic should be simple. Put as much runs as possible on the board and then attack WI like there is no tomorrow. I am sure they are mentally thrashed after our spirited performance. Show no mercy BD boyz....
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #3211  
Old November 15, 2012, 08:57 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
The 3rd day of this test is probably the Best day of our test history. I am still mesmerized by Naeem's innings. He made test batting look so easy. Shakib was very unfortunate to not get a 100..
and i am so lucky to have all those happened in front of my eyes
Reply With Quote
  #3212  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:00 AM
frd's Avatar
frd frd is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 29, 2009
Location: DHAKA
Favorite Player: tamim,sakib
Posts: 1,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
We are not celebrating... we are simply appreciating our commitment and desire to match the WI total after the hammering we received for the first two days. There are still six more sessions to go and anything is still possible.

South Africa and Australia just finished a test where the first innings scores were 450 and 565/5 respectively. Considering the strength of South Africa's pace attack and the fact that they could manage just 5 wickets in think the world's flattest track award should go to Australia for now.
spot on
__________________
প্রশ্নটা সামর্থের নয় ,প্রশ্নটা হলো মানসিকতার
Reply With Quote
  #3213  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:02 AM
Max100 Max100 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 12, 2012
Location: Hawaii
Favorite Player: miller,ryder,warner,nasir
Posts: 905

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
The 3rd day of this test is probably the Best day of our test history. I am still mesmerized by Naeem's innings. He made test batting look so easy. Shakib was very unfortunate to not get a 100..

Tomorrow's tactic should be simple. Put as much runs as possible on the board and then attack WI like there is no tomorrow. I am sure they are mentally thrashed after our spirited performance. Show no mercy BD boyz....
Thanks To BCB for making batting friendly pitch in NCL, it gives batsman confident.
inform player selection always plus for team, naeem and tamim performed really good in NCL and so in first test.sohag gazi also did well in NCL and first match.

i hope they replace shahariar nafees with anamul hauque in 2nd test and bring enamul huq jr to replace some one. these two will make BD in good combination.

proud of 3rd day but i wont hope much yet. i will wait for last day.
Reply With Quote
  #3214  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:02 AM
Jumon Jumon is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 15, 2012
Location: MoulviBazar,Sylhet,Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful,Tamim T
Posts: 85

I love watching Narine get smashed!!!
Its amazing that he went wicketless through out the day
Our Sohag Gazi bowled much better than Kkr's best weapon

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #3215  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:03 AM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 10,867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
and i am so lucky to have all those happened in front of my eyes
Lucky you..Wish I was there too.
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #3216  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:04 AM
Jumon Jumon is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 15, 2012
Location: MoulviBazar,Sylhet,Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful,Tamim T
Posts: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
Thanks To BCB for making batting friendly pitch in NCL, it gives batsman confident.
inform player selection always plus for team, naeem and tamim performed really good in NCL and so in first test.sohag gazi also did well in NCL and first match.

i hope they replace shahariar nafees with anamul hauque in 2nd test and bring enamul huq jr to replace some one. these two will make BD in good combination.

proud of 3rd day but i wont hope much yet. i will wait for last day.
enamul Jnr.?? Replacing whom?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #3217  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:07 AM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

After today's performance, I think it's fair to say that based on current form, we're one of the best Test sides in the world, up there with South Africa and Australia. Naeem is our Clarke. I don't think New Zealand/West Indies can stop us at this rate.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #3218  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:09 AM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
It looks like the groundsman has made the world's flattest batting track :-)

i am guessing the idea is thus to not lose the series or give either side a chance to win. If the wicket was quick and bouncy it would play into WI hands. If it was a spinning top it would play into WI spinners hands as well and open the door for Narine etc.

As things stand with batting on this wicket, it requires batsmen to simply go and have a net in the middle. No more, no less. Both teams racking up MASSIVE scores on an easy paced, dry pitch with no grass. I can see a line of batsmen queuing up to get an innings on this track.

Unless the ball starts to turn sharply on day 4 and 5, the only team that can beat Bangladesh on a wicket like this, is Bangladesh. Job done.

And as long as batsmen don't try to launch the ball into the stands every few seconds, this match will be the dullest draw of all time. So I am not quite sure what this proves in world cricket, other than just don't get out and wait for a pie to be bowled. If you miss out on a straight forward 100 on this beauty of a batting surface, you will likely want to hang yourself!
And weren't a lot of people saying that Bangladesh being able to bat out a draw, independent of prevailing weather conditions, would be a sign of progress? And regarding flat, lifeless tracks: how is this different from most Test grounds in India or Sri Lanka? This is not the first time that Bangladesh is playing on a 'belter' or as you call it 'the flattest track in the world' but the difference is this time our batting is actually making it look like one - rather than unearthing 'hidden demons'. I don't see why that shouldn't be praised. Eventually we hope to be able to seize winning positions from this, like India and Sri Lanka now do, rather than achieving a draw. While I agree that we need greater exposure to pitches conducive to bounce, etc. we should be able to utilize our home advantage to the fullest as well - just like every other Test nation does.
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #3219  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:10 AM
Tmahmud's Avatar
Tmahmud Tmahmud is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 30, 2011
Location: Dhaka and London
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Awesome
Posts: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
And weren't a lot of people saying that Bangladesh being able to bat out a draw, independent of prevailing weather conditions, would be a sign of progress? And regarding flat, lifeless tracks: how is this different from most Test grounds in India or Sri Lanka? This is not the first time that Bangladesh is playing on a 'belter' or as you call it 'the flattest track in the world' but the difference is this time our batting is actually making it look like one - rather than unearthing 'hidden demons'. I don't see why that shouldn't be praised. Eventually we hope to be able to seize winning positions from this, like India and Sri Lanka now do, rather than achieving a draw. While I agree that we need greater exposure to pitches conducive to bounce, etc. we should be able to utilize our home advantage to the fullest as well - just like every other Test nation does.

__________________
So it goes.
Reply With Quote
  #3220  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:11 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,914

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
After today's performance, I think it's fair to say that based on current form, we're one of the best Test sides in the world, up there with South Africa and Australia. Naeem is our Clarke. I don't think New Zealand/West Indies can stop us at this rate.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Omg omg! Am I reading it correct. Asif the man talking about us being World class I think I need to sleep bit more

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #3221  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:13 AM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

Nadim, if you look at the current SA/Aus sides, none of their batsmen can bat like Naeem Islam. So where does that put us? Virtually at the top of the world, no?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #3222  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:15 AM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 10,867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
And weren't a lot of people saying that Bangladesh being able to bat out a draw, independent of prevailing weather conditions, would be a sign of progress? And regarding flat, lifeless tracks: how is this different from most Test grounds in India or Sri Lanka? This is not the first time that Bangladesh is playing on a 'belter' or as you call it 'the flattest track in the world' but the difference is this time our batting is actually making it look like one - rather than unearthing 'hidden demons'. I don't see why that shouldn't be praised. Eventually we hope to be able to seize winning positions from this, like India and Sri Lanka now do, rather than achieving a draw. While I agree that we need greater exposure to pitches conducive to bounce, etc. we should be able to utilize our home advantage to the fullest as well - just like every other Test nation does.
Talia bhai Talia
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #3223  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:17 AM
Jumon Jumon is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 15, 2012
Location: MoulviBazar,Sylhet,Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful,Tamim T
Posts: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Omg omg! Am I reading it correct. Asif the man talking about us being World class I think I need to sleep bit more

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
hahahaha Same here bro :P

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #3224  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:18 AM
Jumon Jumon is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 15, 2012
Location: MoulviBazar,Sylhet,Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful,Tamim T
Posts: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Nadim, if you look at the current SA/Aus sides, none of their batsmen can bat like Naeem Islam. So where does that put us? Virtually at the top of the world, no?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
lets see what happen in rest of the series.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #3225  
Old November 15, 2012, 09:24 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Well done BD , stunning day for the fans , no complain . Inshallah we will pass the WI score and make the CRICKET WORLD believe in us .
Going overboard here......you don't make people believe by doing it once....if we repeat our performances people will automatically believe... And then we don't need to declare it...lets nt talk in this line...test match is nt yet over, lets watch and talk what we do from here on...not yet the time to celebrate...job isn't over yet...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket