facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 15, 2012, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumon
enamul Jnr.?? Replacing whom?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
SRK/Rubel maybe..
Old November 15, 2012, 02:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

I still think the team that has the best chance to win here is Bangladesh and you guys need to go all out for the kill if you want to secure a victory. The 4 and 5th day pitch should turn alot which will mean you guys might be able to skittle WI out cheaply and have the last day to score the runs.
Old November 15, 2012, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
And weren't a lot of people saying that Bangladesh being able to bat out a draw, independent of prevailing weather conditions, would be a sign of progress? And regarding flat, lifeless tracks: how is this different from most Test grounds in India or Sri Lanka? This is not the first time that Bangladesh is playing on a 'belter' or as you call it 'the flattest track in the world' but the difference is this time our batting is actually making it look like one - rather than unearthing 'hidden demons'. I don't see why that shouldn't be praised. Eventually we hope to be able to seize winning positions from this, like India and Sri Lanka now do, rather than achieving a draw. While I agree that we need greater exposure to pitches conducive to bounce, etc. we should be able to utilize our home advantage to the fullest as well - just like every other Test nation does.
Old November 15, 2012, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbubH
At least he can tell the batsmen what not to do.
Old November 15, 2012, 02:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
That's good enough for now...for one good test match innings so far, After Asia Cup.

This is the continuation of form after Asia Cup....it's normal for the people to not be convinced with one Asia Cup, plus one test match alone, I'm confident of the progress being made, ... Let us continue like this in current series and then next series ...I'm sure, by the end of this year there will be very few small pockets of denials ....

The players have to continue performing for sure.... Doesn't mean that fans can't enjoy these milestones being achieved ....thanks for being with us and joining us ...
Old November 15, 2012, 02:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan
I still think the team that has the best chance to win here is Bangladesh and you guys need to go all out for the kill if you want to secure a victory. The 4 and 5th day pitch should turn alot which will mean you guys might be able to skittle WI out cheaply and have the last day to score the runs.
If it turns, you guys also have good spinners in Narine and Permaul and they can skittle us cheaply in the last day. So match is still very open.
Old November 15, 2012, 02:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

Yes but you're forgetting one thing, WI have the biggest potential to collapse as evident by history in the last innings of a test match.
Old November 15, 2012, 02:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I watched 2 sessions yesterday and went to bed at 330 AM and woke up late for work. But I am making these late hours productive and learning English from Shamim.

So far I learned few phrases. When Shak/Naeem was batting -- "Its like as if they can feel each other and look at each other" .... "The onus is on the offside" ....... "There is the Red Cherry (when WI took new ball)". I am practicing his British accent and getting very close. It will be so easy to impress girls with this British accent then

Thank You Shamim
Old November 15, 2012, 02:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

DMan, you must be disappointed with your bowlers so far? Far too many loose deliveries and our batsmen feasted on them. I think you guys have good potential in the bowling department but lack discipline. Also probably not the best of choices to leave out the likes of Bishoo and Shillingford.
Old November 15, 2012, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Don't be jealous coach, I'm sure your Haryana boys will cross 400 against a Test attack on a flaccid pitch in the next couple of decades.

Btw, the comparison to current Aus batsmen may have been a bit off, I concede. Naeem Islam's batting style is closer to Bradman's I think.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 15, 2012, 02:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

Yea very poor bowling from our guys and we might regret it considering this test match is very wide open for you guys to win it.
Old November 15, 2012, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
My dear fellow BCites please hold your horses and have reasonable expectations as you may know this is only last pair recognized batsmen and I doubt they will be lucky like day 3...especially about our batters you never know...If you look at WI pacers and captain they set up trap intelligently and was able to get 6 wickets and most them due to batsmen error...but you gota give credit to clever tactics too...Riyad and Nasir are middle order batsmen and were playing lots of shots so you never know what will happen in the morning of 4th day...i guess a small goal would be good like get your 50 and carry on reach 500 and carry on and then reach WI score and try to carry on...I doubt the first session will be good like 3rd day but if I am wrong I will be happy too
Yeah completely agree!!!!

Their bowlers are bowling according to a plan and tempting our batsmen to go for their shots and getting wickets. So it's really hard to say how long this Nasir-Riyad pair will survive.. Let them survive the 1st session first, then we can think of a lead...
Old November 15, 2012, 02:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Nadim, if you look at the current SA/Aus sides, none of their batsmen can bat like Naeem Islam. So where does that put us? Virtually at the top of the world, no?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Old November 15, 2012, 02:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
If we do well, its the pitch. But if they do well on the same pitch, then we suck.
If we do bad, it means we suck. But if they do bad, then its the pitch.
Someone needs to read this!
Old November 15, 2012, 03:03 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I watched 2 sessions yesterday and went to bed at 330 AM and woke up late for work. But I am making these late hours productive and learning English from Shamim.

So far I learned few phrases. When Shak/Naeem was batting -- "Its like as if they can feel each other and look at each other" .... "The onus is on the offside" ....... "There is the Red Cherry (when WI took new ball)". I am practicing his British accent and getting very close. It will be so easy to impress girls with this British accent then

Thank You Shamim
How about "such a delectable shot!" He makes me want to throw up...
Old November 15, 2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan
We can put pressure on WI only if we can secure a lead of at least 150. Given that our last pair of true batters are batting, it is not a given. At least we are not losing by an inning.
Old November 15, 2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
DMan, you must be disappointed with your bowlers so far? Far too many loose deliveries and our batsmen feasted on them. I think you guys have good potential in the bowling department but lack discipline. Also probably not the best of choices to leave out the likes of Bishoo and Shillingford.
It is difficult to bowl on this pitch. If you are a genuine quickie like Jeff Thompson or Michael Holding or a true genius medium pacer like Alec Bedser or Ian Botham (or a spinner of Murali or Chandrasekhar's class), you perhaps can extract something from this pitch. But, neither team has even one bowler of that class.
Old November 15, 2012, 03:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
It is difficult to bowl on this pitch. If you are a genuine quickie like Jeff Thompson or Michael Holding or a true genius medium pacer like Alec Bedser or Ian Botham (or a spinner of Murali or Chandrasekhar's class), you perhaps can extract something from this pitch. But, neither team has even one bowler of that class.
I think we can also see why this is a battle of the #7 and #9. Both have definite potential but have some ways to go before we think about hitting the top 4. Obviously though we have a longer ways to go then the WI.
Old November 15, 2012, 03:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Jhal muri with chanachur and acher thakbey na shathey?
Bari jaoar somoy Bengal Store theke "Ruchi Jhaal Chanachur" nite vulbona .
Thank u for reminding .
Old November 15, 2012, 04:09 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

They are not India...

there i said it
Old November 15, 2012, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Just think of it, Anamul and Mominul in place of JuSi and ShaNa and what a batting line-up it can turn out to be!
True but the problem is we don't have anyone to play as the 2nd opener and where do we fit Mominul in?
Old November 15, 2012, 04:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

tomra shobai ebhabe unar pechone lagso keno?
unake unar moto thakte dao, :p
and lol Asif bhai, BC auntie ki boley ei bepare ?

Kalpurush da,apnar thread kintu super hit,hehe
Old November 15, 2012, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
and lol Asif bhai, BC auntie ki boley ei bepare ?

Old November 15, 2012, 05:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^^
BC auntie rules.
Old November 15, 2012, 05:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
True but the problem is we don't have anyone to play as the 2nd opener and where do we fit Mominul in?
anamul as opener, mominul as #3. personally i believe anamul can succeed at either spot (#2 or #3). but if anamul is set for #3 then there is obviously no place for mominul at current. i don't think shuvagata should be forgotten either, i think after mominul and anamul, shuvagata should be the be the next closest batsman to the national squad. i think SS is some to really keep an eye on, he could potentially be the 2nd opener we are looking for but until he can score at least one (minimum) FC century there is no way he should be in the national team mix.