facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4151  
Old November 16, 2012, 01:57 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Even Zunaid scores a 50, I will be happy for now
Same here bro. I'm not expecting him to hit a 100. I'm expecting a 50 from him tomorrow. Likewise with SN. Anything less from both of them and I'll be disappointed.
Reply With Quote
  #4152  
Old November 16, 2012, 02:16 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,325

Honestly, our performance in Day 1 and 2 was well below par. We let WI pile up 527 and only for 4 wickets. If someone looks at the first 2 days of play, its hard to say we have shown a fabulous performance. WI made some judgement error one of them was to declare early knowing the pitch was easy for batting. We took full advantage of their misjudgment of the game and condition.

But our fight back has been the most impressive part. The whole batting side for once showed resistance and we continued the momentum when bowling. The fielding side looked more aggressive in the 2nd innings.

We have a history of collapse in 4th innings. In fact, all teams struggle in 4th innings Day 5 pitch. So still much to play. In Day 5, all 3 results are possible. That is what test cricket is all about and that is very rare for us. In the past by day 2, we could predict the outcomes but here we are entering with Day 5 with a lot of uncertainties. Even if we lose, I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed this cat mouse game.
Reply With Quote
  #4153  
Old November 16, 2012, 02:27 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Same here bro. I'm not expecting him to hit a 100. I'm expecting a 50 from him tomorrow. Likewise with SN. Anything less from both of them and I'll be disappointed.
That's good. Because if he hits a century Nadim will be very upset ...
Reply With Quote
  #4154  
Old November 16, 2012, 02:31 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,437

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
That's good. Because if he hits a century Nadim will be very upset ...
Why would nadim be upset if a Bangladeshi player scores a fifty or century
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #4155  
Old November 16, 2012, 02:33 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,517

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Honestly, our performance in Day 1 and 2 was well below par. We let WI pile up 527 and only for 4 wickets. If someone looks at the first 2 days of play, its hard to say we have shown a fabulous performance. WI made some judgement error one of them was to declare early knowing the pitch was easy for batting. We took full advantage of their misjudgment of the game and condition.

But our fight back has been the most impressive part. The whole batting side for once showed resistance and we continued the momentum when bowling. The fielding side looked more aggressive in the 2nd innings.

We have a history of collapse in 4th innings. In fact, all teams struggle in 4th innings Day 5 pitch. So still much to play. In Day 5, all 3 results are possible. That is what test cricket is all about and that is very rare for us. In the past by day 2, we could predict the outcomes but here we are entering with Day 5 with a lot of uncertainties. Even if we lose, I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed this cat mouse game.
I disagree.
I felt the same before we batted, no doubt that our bowling sucks but even then specially looking at a wicketless Sakib I thought our bowling in day 1 & 2 was below par but once I saw how easily our boys were batting I realized how good batting pitch it was during the first 2-3 days specially.
__________________
Tea20 is just not our cup of tea.
Reply With Quote
  #4156  
Old November 16, 2012, 02:34 PM
WindieFan WindieFan is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 12, 2012
Posts: 397

I agree Mufi_02, if anyone thinks that our bowlers aren't gonna come out in determined fashion and your batters are gonna have it as easy as they did in the first innings then i think they are deluding themselves tbh, the fact is on paper we've got the better batters,

Gayle= has performed across the world, got 336 vs SL and a test average over 40
Powell= has scored FIVE tons in the last six months, and just put himself in the record books
Darren Bravo= averages mid 40s and got back to back tons in india
Samuels= was the best batter from BOTH sides in our tour to England and has had a brilliant year
Chanderpaul= averages over 50, got 200 in the first innings and is top three rated in the world
Ramdin= got a ton in england and another in the first innings in this game

And thats actually a batsman short from what we usually have, which in reality may be our biggest mistake in this match if we go on the lose, because i highly doubt we'd be six down had Deonarine or Edwards walked out at number four instead of Ramdin,

But anyway if that lot can't replicate what they done in the first innings, does anyone in their right mind think Bang are gonna replicate what they did? they are gonna feel the pressure, and with pressure comes mistakes, especially when you're chasing,

Also here is what Kieran Powell said about the pitch at the close of play today!!..

Quote:
Powell felt that the conditions had become a little more difficult and this would create an opportunity for West Indies to make a hard push for victory.
“The ball has started to stop a bit and this extra grip on the surface allowed it to bounce a little bit more and it was a bit difficult for strokeplay,” he said
And like i said it will only get worse tomorrow, anything beyond 250 will be tough imo, especially if you need to get it in around 65 overs, anything can happen tomorrow, and right now i'd be ok with a draw, but i wouldn't rule out us winning either.
Reply With Quote
  #4157  
Old November 16, 2012, 02:44 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,900

I think West Indies still have the upper hand in this Test match. Bangladesh have to play very well in the 2nd innings to ensure a positive result.

I will take draw as a positive result.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #4158  
Old November 16, 2012, 02:45 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I think West Indies still have the upper hand in this Test match. Bangladesh have to play very well in the 2nd innings to ensure a positive result.

I will take draw as a positive result.
Depends if Chanderpaul retires or not. If we bowl them out before lunch, we will have a 1 day type shot in our hands.
__________________
dale
Reply With Quote
  #4159  
Old November 16, 2012, 02:46 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Why would nadim be upset if a Bangladeshi player scores a fifty or century
Upto 99 is ok if above that then ...

MORE
Reply With Quote
  #4160  
Old November 16, 2012, 02:47 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,004

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan


And like i said it will only get worse tomorrow, anything beyond 250 will be tough imo, especially if you need to get it in around 65 overs, anything can happen tomorrow, and right now i'd be ok with a draw, but i wouldn't rule out us winning either.
Well, anything can happen tomorrow - your team might win or could be end up as a draw, or, could be Tigers, you never know for sure.

But, make no mistake, our players will give their best to get the results.
History is in making in seven and halh hours away ...
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #4161  
Old November 16, 2012, 03:05 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I think West Indies still have the upper hand in this Test match. Bangladesh have to play very well in the 2nd innings to ensure a positive result.

I will take draw as a positive result.
Draw is a very good outcome for us against any team in test....it's not less than winning for us. But the match situation has turned so abruptly that it has opened it very wide. Every result is still possible and will probably keep swinging in all three direction tomorrow, until the final outcome. Lots of IFs and BUTs needs to get determined for tomorrow to predict any result on anyone's favour...But we have a psychological advantage now...

because its their batsman who has to bat it out tomorrow, which will decide target for us and overs available for them to take 10wkts...ball is in their court.

more over, we are happy to take a draw happily, Draw is not a very happy situation for them, so they are under pressure to win.
Reply With Quote
  #4162  
Old November 16, 2012, 03:26 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Location: @Dilcommissioner
Posts: 10,761

Taking Ajfar's point from Mullah thread, I think Shak and Rahim should bat down the order in 2nd inn and push Mullah and Nasir up the order. I trust Shakib and Rahim to close out the inn if things get funky. But seeing how Shakib got out in the first inn scares me.
Reply With Quote
  #4163  
Old November 16, 2012, 03:30 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Its up to the batting side. Bangladesh did not use the heavy roller for their 1st innings and hopefully they won't use it during 2nd innings.
Be thankful that Mike Brearley is not the WI captain. He was known for stuff like this. WI could use the roller in the morning; then chasing even 200 might be difficult.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #4164  
Old November 16, 2012, 03:30 PM
sharup's Avatar
sharup sharup is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 15, 2012
Posts: 149

If we can bowl them out before lunch I don't why we shouldn't win this match. But the match is heading for a draw unless WI collapse dramatically. WI can either lose or draw this match. It's in their hands.

Seeing BD coming back into game and hearing the crowds roar might make them a little vulnerable tomorrow especially if there's an early wicket. All in all it should be an interesting morning session tomorrow. It all depends on our bowlers. I can't wait. Anything less than a draw will no doubt demoralise our tigers as we have already had the moral victory by avoiding the follow on and taking a small lead. I will be happy with a draw but a win will send me to the moon.
Reply With Quote
  #4165  
Old November 16, 2012, 03:33 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Please PM me your bank account number, send the car via via-rail tomorrow and keep the horse as you will be needing it going to office!!!
I think it was house.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #4166  
Old November 16, 2012, 03:37 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
So an unchanged side for the next Test match? Well going by how well we've done in this match, it comes as no surprise although it looked as tough Anamul had an outside chance of making it in.

SN and Junaid are on the hot seat and HAVE to deliver tomorrow.
Shahadat needs to go. Nazmul will be the best choice, but he is the step son.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #4167  
Old November 16, 2012, 03:41 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Location: @Dilcommissioner
Posts: 10,761

Fuzz fuzz fuzz! Fuzz!! Now I'm super upset by the fact that 3 guys missed out on 100s. That'd have given us a smaller target to chase, and WI would've been in a bigger hole. Their lead would be at least 50 runs less right now.
Reply With Quote
  #4168  
Old November 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
Antora's Avatar
Antora Antora is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 28, 2007
Location: melbourne, Australia
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib
Posts: 8,814

I'm so excited I love the fact that we're in a position where anything is possible ......in a TEST MATCH!
Reply With Quote
  #4169  
Old November 16, 2012, 03:47 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
And like i said it will only get worse tomorrow, anything beyond 250 will be tough imo, especially if you need to get it in around 65 overs, anything can happen tomorrow, and right now i'd be ok with a draw, but i wouldn't rule out us winning either.
Anything above 240 will be difficult, IMHO. This is why Mushfiq needs to go for the jugular right from the start of play. One advantage for us is that BD players are (at least in theory) better players of spin.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #4170  
Old November 16, 2012, 03:50 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Fuzz fuzz fuzz! Fuzz!! Now I'm super upset by the fact that 3 guys missed out on 100s. That'd have given us a smaller target to chase, and WI would've been in a bigger hole. Their lead would be at least 50 runs less right now.
Nasir can be excused because he ran out of partners and had to go for shots. Tamim and Shakib should try to convert their starts to 100's (and then 100's to 200's).
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #4171  
Old November 16, 2012, 03:50 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
I'm so excited I love the fact that we're in a position where anything is possible ......in a TEST MATCH!
Yes. Such possibilities are rare these days.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #4172  
Old November 16, 2012, 03:55 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Yes. Such possibilities are rare these days.
As jimahmud pointed out on ci:

"I don't know about West Indies but this is cricket at it's best. Poised for anything. This is what makes the purists cry. I am liking it."

btw, agey bolen shuzi kheyechen kina
__________________
dale
Reply With Quote
  #4173  
Old November 16, 2012, 03:57 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
I agree Mufi_02, if anyone thinks that our bowlers aren't gonna come out in determined fashion and your batters are gonna have it as easy as they did in the first innings then i think they are deluding themselves tbh, the fact is on paper we've got the better batters,

Gayle= has performed across the world, got 336 vs SL and a test average over 40
Powell= has scored FIVE tons in the last six months, and just put himself in the record books
Darren Bravo= averages mid 40s and got back to back tons in india
Samuels= was the best batter from BOTH sides in our tour to England and has had a brilliant year
Chanderpaul= averages over 50, got 200 in the first innings and is top three rated in the world
All those guys batting again for you guys?
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #4174  
Old November 16, 2012, 04:05 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Location: @Dilcommissioner
Posts: 10,761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
btw, agey bolen shuzi kheyechen kina
Dude... sigh* SMH.
Reply With Quote
  #4175  
Old November 16, 2012, 04:13 PM
WindieFan WindieFan is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 12, 2012
Posts: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
All those guys batting again for you guys?
Nope, but the one who will just got 200 runs against your attack!!! .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket