facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 15, 2017, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default Analysing Day 5th of the test match vs New Zealand, another disappointment on the way

Its funny everyone is blaming the bowlers here. The short sightedness of some of the fans is really baffling..

We scored 160 and set a target of 210 in 60 overs to NZ. What did you expect really? Bd to take 10 wickets with 3 players who have played 2 matches between all of them. Add Mehedi you have 4 players who have played 4 matches in total.

Don't miss the key point here. We went in with a heavily inexperienced side, and while our batting did score a mammoth 600 runs in the first innnings it failed to carry on and score again in the 2nd innings. This has happened before too, if we do well in one innings we fail to do well in the other, against Pakistan we failed miserably in the first innings only to come back and do the opposite in the second. It can be the other way around too, we just can't find the consistency to do well it seems.

Quote:
A bowling attack that can take 20 wickets can win Bangladesh a Test match, but that is possible only at home with skilled spinners in helpful conditions. There is little long-term planning towards developing a pace attack that can do the same in helpful conditions away from home.
Quote:
Rabbi, playing in his 50th first-class game, also impressed the decision-makers in Bangladesh cricket on the basis of domestic one-day and T20 matches, but has a high economy rate (3.52), strike-rate (70.3) and bowling average (41.27) in first-class cricket. He has only twice taken more than 20 wickets in a year in the last decade.
SR of 70+ are you kidding me? how is this guy playing a test match for BD?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zeal...y/1077718.html

Some of the points I am trying to make were already made in the article Mohammad Islam posted.

So again, it all comes back to the same questions we have been asking the team management over and over and over again,

1. Why has our batting failed to provide any stability? It goes missing collectively when we need it the most. Chase 300 in ODI? A dream!

2. Why are we selecting a bad team match after match? The level of stupidity has almost reached the ceiling now.
Old January 15, 2017, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

problem starts with the head, head coach that is.

poor gameplan, poor stategy, poor team selection, poor everything...

declare and then lose a match...players have their share, but it all starts with wrong team selection and then terrible bowling strategy and field setup...coach needs to make gameplan not the captain

this coach needs to go...
Old January 15, 2017, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

No, the blame falls squarely on the batsmen. Pitch is still a highway and they fell like a pack of cards, two crippled players and a new kid lasted longer than the rest. How pathetic is that?
Old January 15, 2017, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Kayes ---> 46 deliveries
Mushfiqur --> 53 deliveries

Compared too..

Tamim --> 44
Mominul --> 37
Miraz --> 8
Riyad --> 9
Shakib --> 5
Old January 15, 2017, 11:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Of course these brainless bowlers should be blamed. These gadhas can't even bowl two deliveries correctly in an over let alone bowling six good deliveries in an over.
Old January 15, 2017, 11:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
problem starts with the head, head coach that is.

poor gameplan, poor stategy, poor team selection, poor everything...

declare and then lose a match...players have their share, but it all starts with wrong team selection and then terrible bowling strategy and field setup...coach needs to make gameplan not the captain

this coach needs to go...
I have been a fan of Haturu for a long time, but the way he selects his team is really starting to piss me off! After 16 years of playing test match cricket,

we have
1. Shabbir Rahman who has played 3 test match till now.
2. Mehedi - 2
3. Taskin - Debut
4. Shuvashish Roy - Debut
5. Kamrul - 2

It is quite astounding. How do you go into a test match with 5 new players??? You know why we are taking 1 step forward and 2 steps backward? Because there is always a new player thrown in the deep end, who doesn't know what he is doing, who hasn't even played a first class game in 4 years. Shabbir and Mehedi have done well granted, the blame is not on them but a strategy from the team management in the recent one year that has left me puzzled. Time and time again we are going in a battle with our heads chopped off, a chicken with it's head chopped off can only dance for a few seconds before lying flat. We are losing the battle even before it has started. Where the eff is our stable squad who has played atleast 50 test match till now and we are just introducing a rookie talented fast bowler (ONLY ONE), when will that time come if we keep chopping and changing players like idiots?

Fact is, no it is not a one off so I shouldn't point or criticize now, fact is THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR TOO LONG NOW.

5 out of 11 guys. That is almost 50% of the whole team, we shouln't even dream of victory, it should be a taboo with such rubbish team selection.

We take one player to New Zealand, Australia and South Africa and he doesn't last the next tour. How the eff are we going to build on the experience of going there? The new player that comes in has to start from scratch and we end up in square one. There is no long term planning here, this is just mindless pathetic. We are always stuck in the first step, so effing annoying.
Old January 15, 2017, 11:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
No, the blame falls squarely on the batsmen. Pitch is still a highway and they fell like a pack of cards, two crippled players and a new kid lasted more longer than the rest. How pathetic is that?

No, bowlers should be blamed too. They had ample runs to play with in the first innings.

But what have they dine with it? Yes, pitch wasn't that conducive for Bowling but nothing prevented them from bowling in a proper channel.

Fact is our bowlers especially pacers r absolutely rubbish. Even if they get green mambas they will still go for plenty since most of them don't have a working brain and believe that bowling short pitch deliveries at 120 kmph will give them wickets.
Old January 15, 2017, 11:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Mushy, Tamim, Abul

Only Bangladesh can lose from being in such formidable position, scoring over 590 runs, close to 600 in the first innings, bowling the opponents out and taking a decent amount of runs as lead. And still lose, it easily by batting ultra pathetically in the 2nd innings and giving the opportunity to the opposition with all the time/overs in the world left to chase down the target needed for win.

#AbsoluteShamefulEndingPerformance
Old January 15, 2017, 11:25 PM
Cricket Legend

I hope and pray that some of the cricketers are punished for this ordeal. We absolutely can't accept this loss. As my posts suggest I am against dropping players easily but somehow we have to make players who went suicidal in the second innings pay, I just wonder how. The players scored 590 and then 160, and if you are telling me that is normal and can happen in a test match then you are wrong my friend, it is not normal. Somebody has to pay big here. I hope the coach or someone atleast screams at them...

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.
Old January 15, 2017, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
No, bowlers should be blamed too. They had ample runs to play with in the first innings.

But what have they dine with it? Yes, pitch wasn't that conducive for Bowling but nothing prevented them from bowling in a proper channel.

Fact is our bowlers especially pacers r absolutely rubbish. Even if they get green mambas they will still go for plenty since most of them don't have a working brain and believe that bowling short pitch deliveries at 120 kmph will give them wickets.
The title of the thread is asking for the analysis of the 5th day, so idk why we're talking about the bowlers. Did you guys honestly think we could defend 216 in 55 overs on this pancake? We had one job, bat it out til tea and they royally effed that up starting with Tamim yesterday, and Shakib this morning with Riyad being the dictionary definition of useless in the middle.

As for bowlers, they're bad that is as obvious as it gets but they're also debutants who did the most they could do on a flat track. This was not a green track by any means and we still managed to bowl out NZ with a semblance of a lead, any bowling attack we've had in the past would have never managed that. Its silly to blame the bowlers for this match, because any team that loses on a flat track has their batsmen to blame for not being able to take advantage of a paradise.
Old January 15, 2017, 11:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Our bowling line-up is inexperienced, but we literally had no choice in the matter. Why do you think Kamrul, Roy and Taskin were playing? Its because the bowlers that were supposed to play aka Shafiul, Shahid and Fizz were injured before the start of this series. That only leaves us with Rubel who, for all his glory with the white ball, still can't bowl with the red ball so its understandable they took a gamble to see how some new faces would do.

Would Rubel have made a difference? Maybe, but most likely not just take a look at his test stats and how he does on a flat track. He will have a great LOI series before/after the test portion so you can't even blame it on him being in poor form or what not.
Old Yesterday, 12:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Our bowling line-up is inexperienced, but we literally had no choice in the matter. Why do you think Kamrul, Roy and Taskin were playing? Its because the bowlers that were supposed to play aka Shafiul, Shahid and Fizz were injured before the start of this series. That only leaves us with Rubel who, for all his glory with the white ball, still can't bowl with the red ball so its understandable they took a gamble to see how some new faces would do.

Would Rubel have made a difference? Maybe, but most likely not just take a look at his test stats and how he does on a flat track. He will have a great LOI series before/after the test portion so you can't even blame it on him being in poor form or what not.
Well, I agree with you on the fact that the coach is experimenting and gambling and that we didn't build a backup of pace bowlers, but why didn't we have backup pacers then? Why are we almost playing with a new team even after so many years?

I have a question for you, what do you think of Kamrul, Shuvashish and do you think they would be playing for Bangladesh after 5 years?

And btw, guess who took 5 wickets last time he played in the Basin Reserve ground. Rubel Hossain.
Old Yesterday, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

They were arrogant and complacent in the second innings, thinking they had put up a big first innings, despite having a sub 100 lead, and hence they though they could score a quick 300 run total and give NZ a challenge.

We're not at that level to do such things. They should have just batted it out.
Old Yesterday, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Well, I agree with you on the fact that the coach is experimenting and gambling and that we didn't build a backup of pace bowlers, but why didn't we have backup pacers then? Why are we almost playing with a new team even after so many years?

I have a question for you, what do you think of Kamrul, Shuvashish and do you think they would be playing for Bangladesh after 5 years?

And btw, guess who took 5 wickets last time he played in the Basin Reserve ground. Rubel Hossain.
Our other back-up pacers with experience are Al-Amin and Robiul. Now AA is another Rubel with red ball, he will be lethal with the white ball but completely clueless in the longer format. Not to mention has the same stats as Rubel in tests and his 130ks would have been belted as well on this pitch, he's also fallen out of favour. Robiul had only ONE good test in his career, which happened to be on a mamba but the rest of his career has been nothing of note, he also got injured and replaced. Another thing, he hasn't played an FC match since February last year (only one LA match on March) so who knows what level of fitness he's maintained since then.

I'm also aware of Rubel's 5-fer, I actually looked up his test stats here before the tour But honestly, can you rate a 5-fer if the opposition has scored 600 at a rr of 4 while belting you at an econ of 6, in a test match? If batsmen are flaying you constantly, you're bound to have them edge something.

Personally, I hope Kamrul/Roy aren't discarded, they bowled better than a hyped Taskin who has international experience. Unless you're an ATG like Steyn, every bowler is going to get belted on a flat track and the pace at which our bowlers bowl doesn't help much but we're not spoilt for choices with 145k bowlers
Old Yesterday, 01:17 AM
Test Cricketer
Assistant BC Oracle

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

ICC should suspend our test status for 5 years
Old Yesterday, 01:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
ICC should suspend our test status for 5 years
Do NOT go there.... Regular test cricket is the cure. We cannot improve by playing our domestic FC cricket. The level change from domestic to test class is too big (unless you are from Oz or ENG who have stronger domestic comps). Please do not even suggest this.

I think however BD are here to stay in test cricket. To put into perspective, Pak and SL - 2 other SC teams - have had similar crushing losses. They have done a lot worse than BD in this match, which to be fair they have suffered great misfortune with injury. Losing Kayes and Mushy at crucial points is pretty hard to recover from. And we don't have that pedigree or confidence overseas to withstand that kind of pressure.

I think we need to rejig the lineup. Roy must go - bring back Rubel. Taskin has much learning to do in tests but should be persisted with. Kamrul showed glimpses of ability - but he needs to control that slingy action of his. He needs to learn from the likes of Malinga... Mushy and Kayes are out due to injury, so we need to bring in new batsman. Nurul shows passion and fortitude with bat and will do well behind stumps and is future prospect. For Kayes, I am torn between Mossadek and Soumya. Either will do, but I lean towards Soumya because of what he is capable of. I previously suggested Miraz should be dropped, but perhaps he deserves a chance. Otherwise, he can be replaced by Mossadek as a batting spin all-rounder.

Last point : Shakib needs to be punished for that ridiculous shot. Can leadership team impose a fine? That old mentality of "I score century in first innings so I don't have to do anything else" needs to be eradicated. Punishing a senior like Shakib will send a message to the whole team. The aussies had a great inter-team "penal code" where guys got pulled into order. We need some hard nuts in there who say it like it is and not afraid to confront... Cricket is not a place for "politeness to seniors" (as we are familiar with in Bangla culture)

One more point: the team seems short on fitness. Hathuri needs to put them into army drills next off season.
Oh, and don't get rid of Hathuri. Just give him a hathuri and get him to use it on these softies....
Old Yesterday, 02:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

We scored over 750 runs in this match... so dont tell me it was our batting! I dont care if they got bowled out for 50 runs in 2nd innings but the fact that a team lost after scoring this much runs is all on bowlers... That too after we played 2 injured batsmen!

The blame is all on bowlers and the coaching staff for selecting such a pathetic and undeveloped bowling attack against one of the best sides at home....
Old Yesterday, 02:43 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

If Southee Boult and Wagner can concede 500+ getting our batsman out.. what are we expecting from our bowlers? It is clear that the pitch is a flat road isn't it? Once we are sure that it is.. it is up to the batsman to put up the runs or just simply block out the overs. The senior batsman in the side.. the ones without injuries are to be blamed. I blame Ryad, Shakib, Tamim for this loss. These guys needed to step up like the way a Kohli or a Kane Williamson does day after day for their countries. We either bat for time or we score the runs but time and time again when the pressure is on.. the senior guys panic and wilt under pressure. This is embarrassing.
Old Yesterday, 02:46 AM
Club Cricketer

Bangladesh is like this, Move 1 step forward 5 steps back
Old Yesterday, 02:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
If Southee Boult and Wagner can concede 500+ getting our batsman out.. what are we expecting from our bowlers? It is clear that the pitch is a flat road isn't it? Once we are sure that it is.. it is up to the batsman to put up the runs or just simply block out the overs. The senior batsman in the side.. the ones without injuries are to be blamed. I blame Ryad, Shakib, Tamim for this loss. These guys needed to step up like the way a Kohli or a Kane Williamson does day after day for their countries. We either bat for time or we score the runs but time and time again when the pressure is on.. the senior guys panic and wilt under pressure. This is embarrassing.
This

Blame the bowlers on a flat wicket when our bowling attack has experience of 10 matches combined? Actually 4 but just saying

We should have scored more than 250 in the second innings on such a flat wicket. End of story. Anyone trying to defend the batsman should get themselves whipped along with the batsmen themselves.
Old Yesterday, 03:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Like I said, losing a match on flat pitch lays solely on the batsmen. As if our bowlers were going to defend 216 in 60 overs

As for picking the bowling attack, we weren't really spoilt for choices were we when 3 first choice bowlers injured themselves.
Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

If the BCB had manned the F up and debuted Taskin against Zimbabwe in 2014, or Pakistan in 2015...he would have played 5-6 Tests by now and been a bit more experienced. Instead we have all rookies playing.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

Why on earth would anyone send debutants to an overseas tour ? Debutants are meant to debut on home soil and go overseas only after gaining considerable experience.

That Srilankan baldy and our midget gambler need to be given a bit of nakani-chubani in the Buriganga.

What is their justification for ignoring experience players ? Fine, your regulars are injured. Then, go further and get previous experienced players like Shahadat. Experience is experience and has a lot of value