facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 17, 2015, 05:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Ajeira pechal kom parle bhalo lage. Do you think you are the only true fan while few others secretly supports another team? I might not agree with with some people regarding certain players or strategies sometimes, but I have no doubt that every bangladeshi that comes to BC are crazy BD cricket fans. no one here will ever feel that "their historical team got owned by real tigers"...

Just coz some people aren't arrogant doesn't mean they don't live, love, and breathe Bd cricket..in fact your stupid arrogance is only doing a disservice to the fans.
Yeah, we suck, be happy. How dare I even think that Bangladeshis are too good for cornered tigers. Have you seen the sledging of Aussies vs indians, or for that matter, pakistan v indians in 90s? Am glad our cricketers are of different breed, unlike some of our spectators. Control other millions of fans who bad-mouth and become racist, giving personal attacks. Or say Shakib, how to deal with crotches......plz spare your teachings, with ashraful as your favorite cricketer, nothing to talk about..
Old April 17, 2015, 07:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Ajeira pechal kom parle bhalo lage. Do you think you are the only true fan while few others secretly supports another team? I might not agree with with some people regarding certain players or strategies sometimes, but I have no doubt that every bangladeshi that comes to BC are crazy BD cricket fans. no one here will ever feel that "their historical team got owned by real tigers"...

Just coz some people aren't arrogant doesn't mean they don't live, love, and breathe Bd cricket..in fact your stupid arrogance is only doing a disservice to the fans.
Mufi bhai well said but there isnt any point saying anything to him as he will only think the way he wants, its pointless!
Old April 17, 2015, 08:45 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Yeah, we suck, be happy. How dare I even think that Bangladeshis are too good for cornered tigers. Have you seen the sledging of Aussies vs indians, or for that matter, pakistan v indians in 90s? Am glad our cricketers are of different breed, unlike some of our spectators. Control other millions of fans who bad-mouth and become racist, giving personal attacks. Or say Shakib, how to deal with crotches......plz spare your teachings, with ashraful as your favorite cricketer, nothing to talk about..
can somebody translate this post for me?
Old April 17, 2015, 09:28 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

o to choto, bujhe na...tumra erokom koro kano
Old April 17, 2015, 09:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
o to choto, bujhe na...tumra erokom koro kano
Sometimes gotta give it your humour thanks for the laugh
Old April 17, 2015, 09:53 PM
Test Cricketer

This would have been the convo before 2007 WC......
Mashrafe: india ke dhore dibani
(some) BC fans to Mashrafe: eto ohonkaar kisher?? kuri matche jitsi khali ekta....kotha kom bol.....
Well, the rest is history.....
Old April 17, 2015, 09:58 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Worst case scenario Ace of BD is ATMR in disguise to hone trolling.

Dude the rest is NOT history. We still suck. You sometimes say so many weird things that even Ahmed Bin Parvez is going wtf.
Old April 17, 2015, 11:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Dude the rest is NOT history. We still suck. You sometimes say so many weird things that even Ahmed Bin Parvez is going wtf.
Thanks for the eye-opener.
Old Yesterday, 12:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Slowly one by one the players are getting their form back. In this game I saw flashes of old Tamim. He was slow in the middle (of his innings), but then he finished with grand slam... he took care of his slow RR. This team is slowly developing into a very strong batting line-up. If Tamim can continue to regain his old form back, the its matter of time SS and/or Litton flourish the other opener slot.... then suddenly we have solid batsman up to #8.

Middle order and lower end looks solid as a rock.

Fast bowlers (as a team) are the strongest group that we ever had. When Mashrafee comes back, we will still have capable alternatives in Al-Amin, Robiul and yes Abul (i still believe in him... it's a matter of time), the we have few more on the line in next few years.

While Sakib will beholding one end, we have Sunny (who should grow over time), and then we have Jubair and young Taijul. Riyad a a capable 7th bowler. Plus its a matter of time before Nasir and Sabbir grows in effective 6 bowler. We still don;t have Rafiq or Old Razzak caliber bowler, but over time Sunny, Taijul or Jubair can grow into one.

Fielding again became above average.

Captaincy improved a lot. Now they are more aggressive.

Coaching are solid and innovative, and players are making slow improvements..

This is the best time for us, the fans.

I see nothing but bright future for the team.

... and by the way I didn't even mentioned the new kids in the pipeline who going to knock the door with pretty soon. Suddenly we will have a nice pool of players.... no more excuse of not having capable alternative players. From now on players need to learn and grow.. or else step aside let other play and learn and grow.

I am soo happy now a days....
Old Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Slowly one by one the players are getting their form back. In this game I saw flashes of old Tamim. He was slow in the middle (of his innings), but then he finished with grand slam... he took care of his slow RR. This team is slowly developing into a very strong batting line-up. If Tamim can continue to regain his old form back, the its matter of time SS and/or Litton flourish the other opener slot.... then suddenly we have solid batsman up to #8.

Fast bowlers (as a team) are the strongest group that we ever had. When Mashrafee comes back, we will still have capable alternatives in Al-Amin, Robiul and yes Abul (i still believe in him... it's a matter of time), the we have few more on the line in next few years.

While Sakib will beholding one end, we have Sunny (who should grow over time), and then we have Jubair and young Taijul. Riyad a a capable 7th bowler. Plus its a matter of time before Nasir and Sabbir grows in effective 6 bowler. We still don;t have Rafiq or Old Razzak caliber bowler, but over time Sunny, Taijul or Jubair can grow into one.

... and by the way I didn't even mentioned the new kids in the pipeline who going to knock the door with pretty soon. Suddenly we will have a nice pool of players.... no more excuse of not having capable alternative players. From now on players need to learn and grow.. or else step aside let other play and learn and grow.

Maybe time to have a DP that reflects your state regarding our cricket
Old Yesterday, 01:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:

Even ATMR cannot act as such bipolar person I am sure!
Old Yesterday, 01:09 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

Another thing i'll like to add with above points is that there were two drop catches yesterday..tamim at 47 and mushfik at 35, years and years we saw our players giving it away even after getting a life, good teams make you pay for drop catches and missed runouts..Tamim and Mushfik yesterday did exactly that. too early to say if the trend will continue but its a positive sign
Old Yesterday, 01:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Can we open a thread about Mushfiqur's change of bat? Was his 2nd bat heavier than the first? It sure looked like it was helping him pick up boundaries faster.
Old Yesterday, 04:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Centuries by a #4 Bangladesh batsman

First 297 innings: 5 centuries
Last 4 innings: 3 centuries
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

When you have good bowlers in your squad, your batting improves. In the nets and domestic matches, you will face bowlers like Mash, Rubel, Taskin, Al-Amin, Shakib, Sunny etc. You learn how to handle these types of bowlers.

In the past, our bowlers had been ordinary in general sense. So batting was also pretty much ordinary. It's a vice versa thing.
Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
When you have good bowlers in your squad, your batting improves. In the nets and domestic matches, you will face bowlers like Mash, Rubel, Taskin, Al-Amin, Shakib, Sunny etc. You learn how to handle these types of bowlers.

In the past, our bowlers had been ordinary in general sense. So batting was also pretty much ordinary. It's a vice versa thing.
Then it's true on the opposite way also. Means your batting and bowling both improves simultaneously.

But may be up to certain level, see Pak the powerhouse of bowling doesn't produce many good batsmen, while India the powerhouse of batting doesn't produce great bowlers.....so ya if that's up to certain level then we are getting there
Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I still feel that we have 5 international quality fast bowlers in our entire setup. Especially in tests we need them badly.

Once we do, i think we can make our way to become a world class team. Not before that.
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
This would have been the convo before 2007 WC......
Mashrafe: india ke dhore dibani
(some) BC fans to Mashrafe: eto ohonkaar kisher?? kuri matche jitsi khali ekta....kotha kom bol.....
Well, the rest is history.....
With all due respect, in 2007 BC was completely different with a different set of members and i remember the guys were really confident not arrogant. there is a fine line of difference between the two. Arrogance is rejecting the truth and belittling other people/cricket team/opposition while confidence is having faith in your own abilities to perform or execute exactly what you intend.

Example of Confidence: We have Alhamdulillah a good team, if they play to their abilities, they can beat any team in the world.(note how in this statement you are asserting belief in your own ability rather than downplaying others)

Example of Arrogance: Zimbabwe bowlers are ordinary, Bangladesh is Ordinary.
Old Today, 05:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

waited 16 yrs for the 2nd win. inshallah wait for the 3rd one will be a few more than 16 hours