facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 22, 2017, 01:26 PM
Banned for 1 week

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
^ Absolutely. Not only embarrassing but also cringeworthy. Saw Nasir at the toss looked like was about to struggle to breathe in and out while trying to talk in English.

Taskin has improved his English and seems lot more confident to speak in English. Most others (with all due respect) are more like drop outs of highschools/college, some prolly did till mid secondary school, and also from really humble background. So was Dhoni, one would say but he speaks English fine, and has improved it over the years. Do our players ever even try? That’s the bigger question.
I understand where you are coming from, but I still think we put too much emphasis on how cricketers are speaking English, I mean that should be a tertiary a thing. Speaking English alone does not define smartness. Sehwag, Bhajji, Miandad and many others didn't speak English yet they were as street-smart as they come. I think smartness is more about approach and body language. That being said cricketers being the representatives of their country should try to make themselves presentable to the media.

Old November 22, 2017, 02:32 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
I understand where you are coming from, but I still think we put too much emphasis on how cricketers are speaking English, I mean that should be a tertiary a thing. Speaking English alone does not define smartness. Sehwag, Bhajji, Miandad and many others didn't speak English yet they were as street-smart as they come. I think smartness is more about approach and body language. That being said cricketers being the representatives of their country should try to make themselves presentable to the media.
Makes the most sensible post. Lol gets banned for a week. Jesus is that you?

I know I know....behind the scenes and all that...I should just mind my own business...
Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

It was pretty well written. Found it while vainly googling my name.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=47129
Old Today, 10:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

The smartest and lightest cricketer in the world is Yuzvendra Chahal