facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 23, 2014, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Chere dee ma Kede Bachi.

Yes Tamim got some runs.... yes Anamul got some run (and may be some form back ??).... but it was a torture for me to watch .... sacrificing my sleep to watch this? Yes I can understand that its important for the openers to build a platform, yes I understand that one need to play the supporting role.... but when both play the supporting role and none take the leading role upto 2/3 of the innings its like watching a movie with all supporting characters with no leading role. And is this called playing supporting role in ODI? Even upto to 28th over, Anamul played 3 to 4 dot balls followed by a single? This is called building the innings slowly? Sometimes I had to pinch my hand... am I dreaming watching replay of TEST series or I am indeed watching an ODI?

I have to admit my friend at some point around 20+ over or so... I (and my friend) were hoping that Anamul get out to save the game...trust me I am not a Anamul hater... but is Gullu 2.0 version of anamul paired with new "mew mew" Tamim was playing a game killer innings (in a wrong way). It may be ok when Tamaim plays TEST ... but I want my old tiger Tamim back (when he first came and scored a bold 50+ against India)...if he get out cheaply I can take that... but this is pure torture... slow poisoning . See how Sahib played in 1st ODI... when you stay long enough, that the way you are supposed finish you innings i.e. a SR close to 100, not the way Anamul played....He, with the help of Tamim, screwed up the RR big time and Sakib and Sabbir and in a way Rahim paid the price. how can you go upto 30th over with RR below 4 in the same stadium where you just scored 280 run few days back?

If I have a choice I would always pick up our 1st ODI batting over this pathetic 2nd ODI batting. Some of us blame Riyad for playing selfish game... I have mixed feeling about that as I have doubt about Riyad's capability rather than his intention.

But today I have to say Anamul and in a way Tamim both played a very selfish game, they played very selfish game sacrificing team's need. Because I don't doubt their capability, I question their intention. Playing supporting role or building innings doesn't mean you have to waste 4 dot balls followed by a single, you still need to take single asap to rotate the strike. Also how long in ODI should a player need to get set? 1st 10 overs, 15 overs, 20 overs or 30 overs?

I am sorry my friends, some will question my knowledge about cricket, but I don't care. if they play another game like this, I would rather choose to take a nap few more hours rather than watching this torture. Momin, and excellent bowling and ZIM saved our as$ today.
Old November 23, 2014, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Don't get so worked up Fazal bhai. Our RR was around 4.7 rpo at the 33rd over with 10 wkts at hand. The openers did nothing wrong. It's the middle order that failed us. When a team scored 320-330 runs, the don't score at 6 rpo from the first ball.

If the middle order experiment worked, we could have ended up with 350. Shame that it didn't worked out, but don't blame the openers. True it was torturous to watch but in the end both of them scored 75+ runs @ 75+ S/R. That's not a bad result.

Shakib getting a first baller, sending the pinch hitter Shabbir with 14 overs at hand, holding back Mahmudullah and momin (both renowned for their lack of big hitting )for the last ten overs, these are all blunders by the team management. If they sent Mahmud or Momin after Shakib got out, we could have achieved 5 rpo at the 40th over. From there 280+ would have been easy.

At the end of the day, such experimentation before the WC is not necessarily a bad thing. Even had we lost, I would say experimenting with the batting line-up in response to a match situation better be practiced at home before we are caught with our pants down at the WC , which will still happen inevitably
Old November 23, 2014, 07:42 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Agree with Fazal totally. There is no point having 10 wickets if those batsman have to score 6-7 runs per over from the start. It would only result in us losing a whole lot of wickets in a quick time. In the end Mominul did not run out of partners, he ran out of overs and the team total was 50 runs short of 300 which was needed against a good side. Against Zimbabwe others woukd have scored 320 perhaps.

I think a decent run rate needs to be maintained in the first power play overs. We were 3.7 or something like that most of the early overs. If the openers had got out at that stage it would have created huge pressure on the middle order. You would ideally want the middle order to come in, consume a few overs to get set and then start scoring rather than having to blast the leather off the ball from ball one.India is a good example of how to go about it in ODIs. Their openers take full advantage of the pp and reduce the pressure on the middle order to score quickly.

There was a stage when Anamul couldn't score a boundary off a full toss from a part timer operating. Tamim also will never be a decent t-20 player because even though he scores a lot of boundaries his strike rate barely reaches 80. Far too many dot balls. I remember we lost a t-20 against WI when Tamim and Ryad played out majority of the overs without getting close to the total with plenty of wkts in hand. If we cannot push the scoring to 5-6 or higher against an Zimbabwe attack in our conditions, it means that against better spinners and pacers we will probably manage 2-3 runs per over and then get out due to the pressure.
Old November 23, 2014, 08:35 PM
Cricket Legend

I am just worrying about mash and his captaincy based on what I seen he wasn't happy that Tamim and anamul run rate he was discussing with the coach while they were out in the middle. His use of pace bowling.

I think he should stick to his bowling not the captincy
Old November 23, 2014, 08:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij
I am just worrying about mash and his captaincy based on what I seen he wasn't happy that Tamim and anamul run rate he was discussing while they were out in the middle. His use of pace bowling.

I think he should stick to his bowling not the captincy.
The same thing I also noticed. But I came to a different conclusion. I was rather happy that he (along with Haturu daa) was Also not happy about that... actually Anamul's "bottirish daat ber kora boka hashi" annoyed me more... while screwing up the RR he was smiling as if he has achieved something. I can totally understand the Changing batting order and bringing Sakib and Shabbir up to fix the problem that was created by Tamim and Anamul duo... Mashrafee was forced to do something.

I am totally excited about mashrafee's out=of-box thinking and more aggressive leadership even it didn't worked out. Atleast he identified the RR problem created by by selfish duo and atleast tried to do something to minimize it. I see over time he will be much more better and aggressive captain .... which will eventually show in the whole team.
Old November 23, 2014, 09:03 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij
I am just worrying about mash and his captaincy based on what I seen he wasn't happy that Tamim and anamul run rate he was discussing with the coach while they were out in the middle. His use of pace bowling.

I think he should stick to his bowling not the captincy
A. Idk how you came to that conclusion. It could've been that they were talking about Batting PP because soon after that scene they took it.

B. Nothing wrong with a captain being upset about something that's clearly wrong. I'd be more upset if our captain wasn't bothered by the wrongs. Captains job is to address the team.
Old November 23, 2014, 09:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
A. Idk how you came to that conclusion. It could've been that they were talking about Batting PP because soon after that scene they took it.

B. Nothing wrong with a captain being upset about something that's clearly wrong. I'd be more upset if our captain wasn't bothered by the wrongs. Captains job is to address the team.

A. I don't know 100% for sure. But you could see RR was slow and you could just tell they are talking about run rate not the batting power play.

B. Agree nothing wrong captin say if something is wrong. Disagreeing with coach is not really good idea. I am sure coach knows what he is doing in this case.
Old November 23, 2014, 09:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ And now you're saying he was disagreeing with the coach. That's two wild claims. I think you're looking too much into it, making something out nothing.

Last edited by Dilscoop; November 23, 2014 at 10:46 PM..
Old November 23, 2014, 10:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij

B. Agree nothing wrong captin say if something is wrong. Disagreeing with coach is not really good idea. I am sure coach knows what he is doing in this case.
Disagreeing with the coach? Wow. Where did you get that?
Old November 24, 2014, 01:48 AM
Test Cricketer

we've become such a streaky team! when we lose we keep losing, can't get out of the rut no matter how hard we try! when we start winning we can't lose no matter how badly we screw things up!
Old November 24, 2014, 01:48 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

We were winless this year until 2 days ago. After these 2 wins fans have started to talk big again. At least this time it's only half of them and mostly the n00bs.
Old November 24, 2014, 02:31 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Why Faruk and co. not announcing the squad for final 3 odi's?
Old November 24, 2014, 03:21 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Why Faruk and co. not announcing the squad for final 3 odi's?
confused..vabsilo sabbir pura fail korbo r nasir re dhukaibo..akhon bujhtesena ki korbo
Old November 24, 2014, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Gotta agree with Fazal mamu here. It was really painful to see the opening pair playing like without a pair up until they got their individual milestones (50 in this case ). The RR went above 4 when coach/captain forced the batting PP and sent a message via by the water boy.

It was not like they were trying but couldn't find the gaps. Tamim rotated some strikes but also played textbook blocking shots in the 20-30 overs.

Anamul was just happy to stay in the middle. He does seem like a somewhat selfish player to me. His previous centuries also came at team's expense where he slowed down considerably during the 90s. He also takes lots of time to settle down in the first 10 overs. Relies entirely on boundaries and doesn't take much singles. He can probably get away with that in our home condition against Zim. But I am not too optimistic about him in WC. He was clueless against Afg pacers at home. Either he will get out very cheaply or use up too many balls to score 20 off 60 and then create pressure for middle order.
Old November 25, 2014, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

still no match thread for 3rd ODI? keu shuta ta tan diye khule felen
Old November 25, 2014, 04:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Aj'kal je dekhi keu match thread khule na?
Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Time to rest Mash, Tamim and maybe Riyad and Mominul in the last 2 odi. Bring in Kayes, Nasir, Abul/Taskin(if fit) and anyone else

Shakib doesn't need rest. He had enough rest during the ban.
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Time to rest Mash, Tamim and maybe Riyad and Mominul in the last 2 odi. Bring in Kayes, Nasir, Abul/Taskin(if fit) and anyone else

Shakib doesn't need rest. He had enough rest during the ban.
I would like to see the Leggie. I dont think our finger spinners could do much in Australia
Old Today, 02:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I would like to see the Leggie. I dont think our finger spinners could do much in Australia
Hell yeah.i wanna see both Jubair and Nur in the 5th odi
Old Today, 02:49 AM
Cricket Legend

^ What is it about Aus, that allows wrist spinners to be more successful than finger ones? :s
Old Today, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Tamim fined and Masakadza rebuked:

http://bangla.bdnews24.com/cricket/article888252.bdnews

BCB turn down both Zimbabwe and Dubai tours:

http://bangla.bdnews24.com/cricket/article888318.bdnews