facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 18, 2018, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I watched the last two mins. Thanks iDumb, you are a patriot for Bd football. Let's chat one of these days on the pod about the state of Bd soccer/football.

#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF

Old August 20, 2018, 05:31 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Premier League players did not get paid even before Eid:

লিগের পর পারিশ্রমিক নিয়ে ঘোরাঘুরি করতে হওয়ায় বিরক্ত কাপালি ‘প্লেয়ার্স বাই চয়েস’ পদ্ধতি নিয়েই ক্ষুব্ধ, ‘এখন প্লেয়ার বাই চয়েস আমাদের জন্য ভালো হবে কি না, এটা নিয়ে আবারও চিন্তা করতে হবে। আমাদের সবার পরিবার চলে প্রিমিয়ার লিগের টাকায়। এখানে সবকিছু মেনেও সময়মতো পারিশ্রমিক না পাওয়া দুঃখজনক।’

বকেয়া পারিশ্রমিকের জন্য শুধু বিসিবি নয়, ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লিগের পরিচালক সংস্থা সিসিডিএম ও ক্রিকেটার্স ওয়েলফেয়ার অ্যাসোসিয়েশন অব বাংলাদেশের (কোয়াব) কাছেও গিয়েছিলেন ক্রিকেটাররা। প্লেয়ার্স বাই চয়েস পদ্ধতি কোয়াবেরও অপছন্দ বলে জানিয়েছেন দেবব্রত।

This is what Brothers Union spokesperson said

সময় দিয়েও খেলোয়াড়দের পারিশ্রমিক কেন দেওয়া হচ্ছে না, জানতে চাইলে ব্রাদার্সের ক্রিকেট ম্যানেজার আমিন খান বলেন, ‘টাকা তো দিয়ে দেওয়ারই কথা ছিল। কিন্তু আমাদের চেয়ারম্যান আ জ ম নাছির সাহেব হজে গেছেন। তিনি ফিরলেই খেলোয়াড়দের সব পাওনা পরিশোধ করে দেব।’

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...A6%B0%E0%A6%BE
Old August 26, 2018, 06:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

401 er paash diye Toronto te ekta Cricket Simulator dekhlam.... I wonder what it is.

Of course I can Google. LOL but that'd be missing the point entirely of starting a convo.
Old August 26, 2018, 06:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Keto makes you limitless and takes you to godmode. I hated the adaptation phase at first but now I can survive in OMAD.

Imagine if our hard-hitters...lol...like Tamim, Riyad, Mushy tried keto. Pssh... man. Of course Tom Brady got a weird diet. But people like Lebron kinda follows it. When Tim Grover, Jordan's trainer forced his players to quit sugar they were puking at the corner of court. I mean sugar is 10 times more addictive than cocaine.

I feel euphoric, euthymic, natural energy, clarity, sharper mental focus and I feel I can solve any problem. And it's all natural.

Exercise and diet are the best nootropics.

I whole heartedly encourage people like Tamim to give keto a shot. Being in Bangladesh with sucrose, formalin jukto biryani would be a hard addict to kick... but after you pay the price you will reap rewards.

I actually pm-ed Tamim to do this.
Old August 27, 2018, 05:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Keto is no joke. And if not done properly, especially if you substitute splenda for real sugar, it can give you bouts of diarrhea.

No, I dont think its a good idea. we want tamim running between the wickets, not runny between the wickets.
Old August 27, 2018, 05:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Keto is no joke. And if not done properly, especially if you substitute splenda for real sugar, it can give you bouts of diarrhea.

No, I dont think its a good idea. we want tamim running between the wickets, not runny between the wickets.
I am anal...lol no pun.. about it. I religiously keep it below 10g. Sometimes I feel guilty about that too. I know I know... no healthy. And I NEVER heard that. Heck I had lactose intolerance and keto sans sugar with copious amount of dairy cheese doesn't cause me to run to bathroom. In fact it actually CURED my lactose intolerance which made me wonder if it was the dairy + sugar combo that did the damage. MCT oil OTOH will spell disaster. So just don't take it. Simple.

I am happy to pay the price of being hangry if it makes me the smartest person in the room - which literally it does.

(This shouldn't be a revelation. Baby naturally subsist of fat. Brain prefers glycogen over sugar but fat is a cleaner high powered fuel when running on ketones.)

I know it seems like we are going off topic, but this is a VERY important issue. You cannot ...cannot appear to go to battle all lethargic and sh... after gorging and binging on formalin jukto biryani.

Diet matters. Keto is slowly sweeping India too. Forget Keto, at least use some form of paleo or other diet with low...low intake of carb or anything that is tailor made to suit you.

Kintu mochmoachia bhaja pura shingara (no offense to our member), piyaju, begonia, samusa (not the trinity one), hurry hurry roshogolla khabo aar ghumayia ghumayia batting korte jabo tato hoy na dada.

At least cycle in and out. No one is saying to do it perpetually.
Old August 27, 2018, 09:28 PM
Cricket Legend

^Hey if it works for you, great. But it's too extreme for me. I've been doing low-carb combined with intermittent fasting for years. Easy to follow, easy to commit. PM this to Tamim - Intermithun phasting.
Old August 27, 2018, 09:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Keto is no carbs right? I don't have carbs for lunch, but for dinner, if I don't have some carb, I find it really difficult to sleep.
Old August 27, 2018, 11:05 PM
Cricket Savant

I basically do One Meal A Day (OMAD) when I cycle in and out and get to eat whatever I want. 16 hour fasting or eating cheese and mimicking fasting. Basically what I eat at night is my 'iftaar'. You know even if you lower your eating window... as a player you can benefit.

@Yank (sounds gross the name..lol) It IS extreme. The adaptation phase. It's a b--- and you get keto flu and stuff. You just need to replenish with electrolytes.

@Eminem.. well carbs satiate you. Kinda like tryptophan. Not only that if you deprive yourself you might get hangry cuz lack of serotonin. So during cloudy days you will feel even worse. Just eat eggs or salmon that will produce tryptophan. Don't quote me on these guys. These are bro science lol.

Funny thing is on keto I get no craving for weed. And I been smoking for solid 10 years. And I tried everything and I mean EVERYTHING to quit. My understanding is that since I don't reward my reward system with sugar as dopamine rush via willpower, the reward center is not activated. Downside? I picked up smoking....

And yeah I am kinda in the trendy phase of taking cold shower for brown fat cells (adipose) production, thermogenic from eating chilies or inducing hormesis from sauna or not drinking water for an hour....

And why the hell our players don't use supplements? Don't the pharmacy in Bangladesh have GNC like products? They also got exogenous ketones you know which shouldn't show up in our drug test lol... although I don't need it.
Old August 31, 2018, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Funny thing is on keto I get no craving for weed. And I been smoking for solid 10 years. And I tried everything and I mean EVERYTHING to quit. My understanding is that since I don't reward my reward system with sugar as dopamine rush via willpower, the reward center is not activated. Downside? I picked up smoking....
Good, good. Smoking is a great way to stop snacking and get healthy. That's why Ive been encouraging my nephew to pick up smoking.
Old August 31, 2018, 02:16 PM
Cricket Legend

I think it's a myth that tobacco suppresses appetite. From personal experience, I can tell you I was more hungry all the time when I smoked cigs.
Old August 31, 2018, 03:29 PM
Cricket Savant

This is getting wayyyy off topic. My problem is I don't have quick destressing tool. I enjoy running.
But you can't do it all day.

Last edited by Zeeshan; September 1, 2018 at 12:48 AM..
Old August 31, 2018, 06:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I saw a few days ago ESPNCricinfo published an article on Hanuma Vihari- the player/batsman with the highest 1st-class average in the world right now:

Quote:
Vihari is at the summit of a very elite list. Among all contemporary cricketers, Vihari has the world's best 's first-class average of 59.45. Steven Smith, the next best, is at 57.27.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...-hanuma-vihari

Utter bull-****

Mosaddek Hossain currently have a FC average of 69.66; Yes folks, almost touching 70. I wonder who are these writers that are getting paid by Cricinfo to publish articles without doing the requisite research.
Old August 31, 2018, 06:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Furthermore, the elite list that they provided had no indication of Mosadekk being in it...
Old August 31, 2018, 06:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Mosaddek's profile:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...er/550133.html
Old August 31, 2018, 07:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Great find Aklemalp.
Old September 1, 2018, 12:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Did they have a minimum number of innings or runs?
Old September 1, 2018, 12:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Yep, the list says at the bottom, minimum of 50 innings. Mosa has 45 innings.

The article is misleading though as it doesn’t mention the minimum of 50 innings.
Old September 3, 2018, 05:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Need someone to hit a 200 from Bangladesh. Who will it be?
So sad how Soumya's form dissipated, his ton against Pakistan was the most effortless one I have seen by any Bd batsman. If his trajectory continued, he would be well on course to be the first double centurion from Bd.
Old September 3, 2018, 06:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Are we still doing the fantasy league for the Asia cup?

We have a week to go?
Old September 4, 2018, 02:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

Today is Tareq Aziz's birthday. I was a fan of him. Bowled wicket to wicket and was economical, but he wasn't a wicket taker and got dropped forever very soon.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...yer/56188.html
Old September 4, 2018, 07:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Some Mckenzie articles

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C....0.Wbuu4xj-jEk
Old September 4, 2018, 07:10 PM
Cricket Savant

We actually need a Pro Temp or even a permanent "Coach Thread"

Bangladesh batsmen replicate last-over scenarios under McKenzie watch

Replicating match situations during training sessions may not be easy, but Bangladesh batsmen have attempted to structure their Asia Cup preparations around final-over scenarios in limited-overs cricket. Mashrafe Mortaza, Mehidy Hasan, Mosaddek Hossain and Ariful Haque were among several batsmen who batted to set fields at the Shere Bangla National Stadium on Monday, simulating last-over situations with a view to out-think bowlers in the tournament proper.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...mckenzie-watch

This guy seems to get the full picture.
Old September 6, 2018, 12:07 AM
Cricket Savant

I wonder how many of our studs bothered to find their VO2 maxxs...
Old September 6, 2018, 12:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Or body composition for that matter...

but ogula ke kore... ogula to meyera kore...amra ki meye naki... taar chhaita net-dosh ghonta round dei...