facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 4, 2013, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Crap. Just came here to post this news and looks like someone already did. But that's not the crappy part. It's our players' pants that are crappy. Man, couldn't avoid this any longer. Now have to lose to Afghanistan in a World Cup game, with the entire world (read the subcontinent, some Aussies and a few Europeans) watching.

We should just forfeit the NZ series and give up on the game. Spend resources elsewhere, to feed the poor for instance. Forget the NZ series, we can't even win a WC match against an associate.
Old October 4, 2013, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist

Our players should leave BPL and play BBL
Old October 9, 2013, 01:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Not able to watch this series on TV is such a eyesore.
Old October 9, 2013, 05:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Dilshan has retired officially in Tests. Will miss his batting in this format. Most likely he'll retire from all forms after the 2015 WC. I believe it's the right time since he's about 37 now. Retire on a high is the right way to go rather than take the. Sachin route.

On the other hand, it's great news for us since SL comes to BD in February. Having Dilshan out of their batting lineup in Tests would help us out a lot.
Old October 9, 2013, 07:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
On the other hand, it's great news for us since SL comes to BD in February. Having Dilshan out of their batting lineup in Tests would help us out a lot.
Lol, another Sanga Double on the cards.
Old October 9, 2013, 08:18 PM
Cricket Guru

^or Jayawardena. That series will be a lot harder for us than this NZ one. Pacers are not as good as NZ' s but spinners and batsmen are much better
Old October 11, 2013, 02:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

It took us 9 years to break Ash's 158. This year alone, we went past it thrice; Mushy, Ash himself and now Mominul BABU

Etodin Ash black magic korchilo. Tarpor nijer record nijer bhangche...bhangar pore black majic er dom sesh.
Old October 11, 2013, 03:35 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
It took us 9 years to break Ash's 158. This year alone, we went past it thrice; Mushy, Ash himself and now Mominul BABU

Etodin Ash black magic korchilo. Tarpor nijer record nijer bhangche...bhangar pore black majic er dom sesh.
nijer record nije vainga 190 kore akta black magic chalaisilo, but somoy kom chilo bole mushyr upor asor porenai..pore boomerang hoia ash er upor e porse tai ash pura dhora
Old October 11, 2013, 10:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Of course Mominul is on my mind today ! How can he not be? What a superb effort.

Few other things :
1. Anamul has serious technical issues. I am not impressed with him at all, so far. But, the sample size is small, so we will have to wait and see.

2. No point getting upset with Tamim. He is what he is. He will chase deliveries outside. On his day he connects those all day. But, he will also misfire and get caught. I hear talks of dropping him. That is lunacy. We just can't afford it. But, he needs to back among runs. Doesn't matter how or what manner he gets it. Just get some runs.

3. Marshall Ayub- What was the point ? Sure, he held anchor and supported Mominul, but he is a no.3 , not a night watch man. He played a brilliant night watch mans innings. If a top order plays that many balls and gets out, in my mind its a waste. SR of somewhat around 50% was the least I expect even in a supporting role for a top order bat. If he did that, we would be on par with NZ in terms of runs right now. Not behind by 80 odd.

4. Rahim makes batting look easy. I like his blend of aggression and defense. Has been scoring freely and it should continue.

5. Sakib is hurt IMO.

6. Nasir is the find of this decade. They don't make too many like him in BD cricket. I would never ever move him up the order. He is fine where is. He is comfortable where he is and he knows how to play the game at that position.

7. Riyad has nobody but himself to blame. He is too good to bat at no.7-8. But, he refused in the past to bat in top. He should have. There is still vacancy. The no.3 position is still in flux, but there are other guys ahead of him in the depth chart.

8. Our pacers are worse than perhaps some associate teams. I have no doubt about that. I feel like we use them to get the shine off so spinners can do their bowling all day. Its rare to see opposition in trouble ( for ex : 50/3 ). Its a good day if they can manage 1 wkt before spinners come to fray. They can't give initial multiple breakthroughs. 120/1 is what we get and should expect- on a good day. Not to mention, they breakdown all the time, physically.

Basically, that was on my mind, this morning.
Old October 11, 2013, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Few other things :
1. Anamul has serious technical issues. I am not impressed with him at all, so far. But, the sample size is small, so we will have to wait and see.

...snip...

3. Marshall Ayub- What was the point ? Sure, he held anchor and supported Mominul, but he is a no.3 , not a night watch man. He played a brilliant night watch mans innings. If a top order plays that many balls and gets out, in my mind its a waste. SR of somewhat around 50% was the least I expect even in a supporting role for a top order bat. If he did that, we would be on par with NZ in terms of runs right now. Not behind by 80 odd.
I think you can detect garbage at a very early stage, large sample size or no sample size. Mushfiq at age 16 looked like he was the next big thing. What did we do? Make him bat at #8 for years. Man, if I could I would go to Bangladesh, find the coach and clean his house if that would mean he would play Mushy up the order. After banging my head on the wall for sixty years, they finally started giving him more responsibility and look how well that has worked out for us. Same with Nayeem - they started batting him at #8, when he clearly was better (in terms of temperament if not technique) than the Raqibuls, Jahiruls and SNs we sent to bat up the order. Nayeem still struggle in seaming conditions (or will he? He still made a hundred in England, albeit not in typical English conditions), but he can make tons of runs on flat decks in Bangladesh. He isn't as talented as some of our middle order batsmen, but he will get the job done better than those Abuls mentioned above. Nasir, Shakib - you knew what they were going to become when you first watched them bat at a young age.

Similarly, you can tell Anamul is really no good, you really don't need more than a couple of games to figure that out. He will have to transform his game massively - much like Habibul Bashar did in the early 2000s. Mominul always looked like he had a better head above his shoulders and he's proving it. Marshall, well, one may argue he had the debutant nerves, but seriously, you would think that after facing a hundred balls, some of that nervousness would subside. Instead, all I saw last night was play and miss against a very ordinary medium pacer on a dead track.
Old October 11, 2013, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Old October 11, 2013, 01:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Anamuls strengths is a strong temperament along with very good hand-eye coordination. His weakness is obviously his lack of footwork. The likes of Tamim, Shakib and Nasir also have that issue but Anamul seems to as bad as Nazim in that department. Like I said the hand eye coordination has made him succeed so far in ODIs but in order to be successful in Tests, he's got to get his feet moving.

As for Marshall, I liked how he tried to play within himself and took his time but from his 1st innings, I think he's got lots of work to do. He never seemed comfortable against NZ. His footwork was poor and his hand eye was nothing to write home about either. So Marshall is going to have to find a way to become successful in some way. Id give him this whole series and evaluate him from there.
Old October 11, 2013, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I think Mushfiq has been the most improved player for us. There was a time when he was clueless against quality attack.

It's always the less hyped players that does the trick. Nasir and Hom came to the national team almost at the same time during Zim series. Hom was fan favorite while very few knew of Nasir. Now the two are in different spectrum. Similarly Mominul wasn't that favorite but now showing his ability. I don't think Anamul will fail like Hom. He is young and can learn from Mushfiq, improve his game, and come back stronger.
Old October 11, 2013, 01:37 PM
Cricket Guru

^^Mushy looked far more sound familiar from a technique standpoint compared to Anamul though. Mushy had different issues than Anamul
Old October 11, 2013, 02:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Marshall Ayub bashing shuru hoye gese.
Old October 11, 2013, 02:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Amader kaj'i to bashing kora...
Old October 11, 2013, 02:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Amader kaj'i to bashing kora...
At least he did not give his wicket away. We have too many T-20 fans.
Old October 11, 2013, 03:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC

wooot? Ki shot kore out hoiche dekhen nai?
Old October 11, 2013, 04:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Bhai, if that's our expectation for our batsmen than how can we fault our players also for having low expectation? It's your choice in what expectation you have but in my view, the more expectation you have the more belief you have in our guys.

Also he did give away his wicket. Anderson is just a medium pacer and floated a wide ball and Marshall just slashed it for no reason at all. That to me is giving your wicket away.

Also good batting in Tests just doesn't mean playing defensively, good batting means playing deliveries to its merit. For instance if a ball that is there to be hit, you hit it, if a ball is there to be left, you leave it, if a ball is there to nudge around for a single, you take the single. Marshall seemed okay when leaving but when he played at deliveries, it seemed he had trouble deciding what to do, thus he got beaten on several occasions, didn't take singles while on offer, and didn't punish the bowler despite being offered boundary balls and had trouble even defending at times.

It is his first innings so we'll see if he can improve on this performance but it's understandable to see why people were not impressed with Marshall in his 1st innings
Old October 11, 2013, 07:15 PM
Banned

It was a joke the way shobgula out hoisey.
Tamim's lazy flick, Anamul's lazy flick, Mushfiq's lazy flick, Nasir's 6 ichcha for no reason towards the end of the day, Marhsall's wide cut ....
Old October 11, 2013, 08:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
It was a joke the way shobgula out hoisey.
Tamim's lazy flick, Anamul's lazy flick, Mushfiq's lazy flick, Nasir's 6 ichcha for no reason towards the end of the day, Marhsall's wide cut ....
The only way you get out on flat decks is by your own fault.
Old October 11, 2013, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Its just amazing to see,people want to give anamul more time before judging him and yet cant even wait for the end of this series to judge ayub... Whats anamul main strength? His tendency to play long innings once he settle down.. As if,auyb didnot played enough long innings in the last few domestic season..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old October 12, 2013, 12:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
Its just amazing to see,people want to give anamul more time before judging him and yet cant even wait for the end of this series to judge ayub... Whats anamul main strength? His tendency to play long innings once he settle down.. As if,auyb didnot played enough long innings in the last few domestic season..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
He can hit 66666

He plays for Dhaka Gladiators

He has ODI century just like Imrul has.

BTW Rokibul sux so no need reminding
Old October 12, 2013, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

This test match to win! Please!!
Old October 12, 2013, 06:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

A happy day for Bangladesh Cricket. Under 19 beating WI under 19 team on their soil for 2nd consecutive matches and National team showing true grit against black caps.