facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 27, 2012, 01:44 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,060
Default Is Bangladesh playing the wrong team?

Scores don't lie.
BD XI: 272/8 (50 ov)
BCB XI: 274/5 (49.1 ov)

If BCB XI does well against WI, perhaps the BCB XI should play the ODI series.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old November 27, 2012, 01:49 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,060

Seriously speaking, Imrul did well. Despite his edging tendency, his partnership with Tamim clicked pretty well. Ziaur Rahman is a big hitter, but he is not that handy with the ball. Enamul Haque jnr was magnificent with the ball.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 27, 2012, 01:52 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 16,807

Well, it was a practice match - thus, was taken lightly bu the national players. On the other hand, it was a chance for the BCB XI players to show the selectors that they are to be considered for the national team as well.

Nothing to worry about!
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old November 27, 2012, 01:56 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 16,807

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Seriously speaking, Imrul did well. Despite his edging tendency, his partnership with Tamim clicked pretty well. Ziaur Rahman is a big hitter, but he is not that handy with the ball. Enamul Haque jnr was magnificent with the ball.
Well, squad should be picked on performance basis, thus, whoever does well should be picked IMHO.

Zia should be in the ODI squad as well in T20. I don't think Enam would get any chance for the ODIs though.
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old November 27, 2012, 01:58 PM
MyRoom MyRoom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 17, 2012
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul
Posts: 866

Interesting but yeah it was a "warm-up" game doesn't prove anything. I still predict a 3-2 series win by Bangladesh and climb above New Zealand in the world rankings and claim our place in the ICC Champions Trophy held in England next year.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old November 27, 2012, 02:09 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Well, it was a practice match - thus, was taken lightly bu the national players. On the other hand, it was a chance for the BCB XI players to show the selectors that they are to be considered for the national team as well.

Nothing to worry about!
and .. sometimes taking things lightly goes beyond these warm up matches.. it becomes part of the habbit.

May be the selectors and the fans should start taking these games more seriously and drop some star players based on these results.. only then you will see some effect....when you play for your national team, nothing should be taken lightly...
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old November 27, 2012, 02:24 PM
Raynman's Avatar
Raynman Raynman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 27, 2008
Location: Georgia, USA
Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib
Posts: 2,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Interesting but yeah it was a "warm-up" game doesn't prove anything. I still predict a 3-2 series win by Bangladesh and climb above New Zealand in the world rankings and claim our place in the ICC Champions Trophy held in England next year.
I could be wrong but I thought that window has closed already as they decided the top eight based on a date earlier.
__________________
Welcome to wherever you are, this is your life, you've made it this far...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old November 27, 2012, 02:25 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,060

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Well, squad should be picked on performance basis, thus, whoever does well should be picked IMHO.

Zia should be in the ODI squad as well in T20. I don't think Enam would get any chance for the ODIs though.
I think you are correct regarding Enamul, unfortunately. But, his bowling in ODI and List A has been outstanding.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old November 27, 2012, 02:40 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 16,807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
and .. sometimes taking things lightly goes beyond these warm up matches.. it becomes part of the habbit.

May be the selectors and the fans should start taking these games more seriously and drop some star players based on these results.. only then you will see some effect....when you play for your national team, nothing should be taken lightly...
I too agree with you Fazal bhai here. But, you just can't pick up a player just for one good performance in a practice match either.

Though, selectors should follow a set guidelines/rules when selecting a squad rather picking - dropping, dropping-picking randomly.
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old November 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,672

Our players take all matches lightly, regardless of the occasion(official/practice), especially when maan-ijjot is on the line (e.g. games against sides ranked lower). Makes for an excuse when you lose, covering up your real lack of ability.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old November 27, 2012, 03:19 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,120

Don't worry about the team. As Mushy says "we will play positive cricket and take it session by session". In ODI we will also play positive cricket. Win or lose doesn't matter as long as we play positive cricket.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old November 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
mali007 mali007 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim
Posts: 1,256

Unskilled selectors got lesson for their biased selection :

বাদ পড়াদের কাছে পর্যুদস্ত জাতীয় দল
বাংলাদেশ : ২৭২/৮ (৫০.০ ওভারে)
বিসিবি একাদশ : ২৭৪/৫ (৪৯.১ ওভারে)
ফল : বিসিবি একাদশ ৫ উইকেটে জয়ী।
বিশেষ সংবাদদাতা : ইনজুরির কারণে দলে নেই সাকিব, খেলবেন না তিনি ওয়ানডে সিরিজের প্রথম ২টি ম্যাচ। বিশ্বসেরা ওয়ানডে অল রাউন্ডারের অভাবটা অনুশীলন ম্যাচে হাড়ে হাড়ে টের পেয়েছে মুশফিকুররা। খুলনায় ওয়ানডে সিরিজের আগে নিজেদের ঝালিয়ে নিতে গতকাল মুশফিকুররা আশ্বস্ত করার মতো খেলতে পারেননি। বরং বাদ পড়াদের গর্জনে বড় ধরনের ধাক্কা খেয়েছে জাতীয় দল। ২৭৩ চেজ করে ৫ উইকেটে মুশফিকুরদের হারিয়ে দিয়েছে রাতুলের নেতৃত্বাধীন বিসিবি একাদশ।
এই অনুশীলন ম্যাচে যার দিকে নির্বাচকরা রেখেছিল চোখ, সেই টপঅর্ডার আনামুল প্রত্যাশা পূরণে ব্যর্থ হয়েছেন। তামীমের ওপেনিং পার্টনার পাচ্ছেন না বলে আনামুলকে মেকশিপ্ট ওপেনার বানাতে চেয়ে হতাশ হতে হয়েছে। শুরুতে বল অপচয় করেছেন অনামুল, রানের জন্য ধুঁকতে ধুঁকতে ফিরে গেছেন মাত্র ৯ রানে (২৮ বল)! ওয়ানডে মেজাজ ফিরে পেয়ে তামীম বড় ইনিংস উপহার দিয়েছেন (৬৭ বলে ১৩ চার এ ৭২), দ্বিতীয় উইকেট জুটিতে ৭৫ রানে নেতৃত্ব দিয়েছেন তিনি। তবে অকেশনাল বোলার রাতুলের বলে বোল্ড হয়ে ফিরেছেন ড্রেসিং রুমে। নাইম (৩১), মুশফিকুর (৩৫), নাসির (৩২) এর সঙ্গে মার্শাল আইয়ুবও খেলেছেন মাঝারিমানের ইনিংস (৩৭)। নির্বাচকরা যার পারফরমেন্সকে করছেন অব্যাহতভাবে উপেক্ষা, সেই বাঁহাতি স্পিনার এনামুল জুনিয়র ফ্লাট উইকেটে সবচেয়ে সফল বোলার (৩/৩১)। ইলিয়াস সানির শিকার সেখানে ২টি (২/৩৩)।
এই অনুশীলন ম্যাচে মাশরাফি (৯ ওভারে উইকেটহীন ৫৩) এবং রুবেলের বোলিং (৪.১-০-৩৫-০) মন ভরাতে পারেনি নির্বাচকদের। সোহাগ গাজী এবং নাইম ইসলাম ছাড়া জাতীয় দলের কারো বোলিং ছিল না মিতব্যয়ী।
এই ম্যাচে নির্বাচকদের ভাবনায় ফেলে দিয়েছেন টপঅর্ডার ইমরুল কায়েস ও লোয়ার অর্ডার জিয়াউর রহমান। তামীমের পার্টনার হিসেবে টেস্টে যখন নাজিমুদ্দিন, জুনায়েদের উপর ভরসা পেলো না নির্বাচকরা, তখন তামীমের সেই পুরোনো পার্টনারের উপরই আস্থা ফিরে পাচ্ছে নির্বাচকরা। গতকাল ৬৯ বলে ৪ চার ৩ ছক্কায় ৫৩ রানের ক্লাসিক ইনিংস, ওপেনিং জুটিতে জহুরুল অমি’র সঙ্গে ৭১ বলে ৭১ রানে অবদান রেখে নির্বাচকদের পরীক্ষায় পাস করেছেন ইমরুল কায়েস। আনামুল ব্যর্থ হলেও মমিনুল কিন্তু নিজেকে ঠিকই মেলে ধরেছেন (৫৬ বলে ৪৫), জিয়াউরের হার না মানা ৫১ (৫৪ বলে) এবং ফরহাদ রেজার ২৯ বলে ৩৮’র কল্যাণে জাতীয় দলের ২৭২/৮’র জবাব ৫ বল হাতে রেখে দিয়েছে বিসিবি একাদশ।
আজ খুলনার শেখ আবু নাসের স্টেডিয়ামে শেষ অনুশীলন ম্যাচে বিসিবি একাদশ অবতীর্ণ হবে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের বিপক্ষে। সাকিবের রিপ্লেশমেন্ট এই ম্যাচ দেখেই খুঁজে নেবেন নির্বাচকরা।
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old November 27, 2012, 03:23 PM
SS SS is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 24, 2004
Posts: 8,971

Free ticket Free food five star hotels all available if chosen for a series...why worry ..chinta mat...BCB XI had point to prove but once proven and selected they do what all BD ppl do...life can't get better than this..I miss BD
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old November 27, 2012, 04:09 PM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 3,867

I don't think anyone took this match lightly. A clear example why these selectors should be let go and replaced by a new set of selectors. Current selectors are either biased or simply not capable of selecting right set of players. If Enam and Sunny would have played the Test we would have at least drawn one of the tests. You don't play with one debutant spinner and expect other spinner to bowl 40 plus overs and expect to win, considering that's our strength. The head coach was just as rubbish as the selectors.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old November 27, 2012, 04:09 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: Chicago
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,147

I'm pretty sure the main team is better than this BCB XI with KaEdge, Omi, Zia, and others. It just fits in well with our pattern of losing to associate sides in practice matches. I'm sure that Afghanistan wouldn't finish higher in an official T20 tourney, nor would we lose to TnT in an official T20I, or lose to ZIM in an official T20/ODI series. So I'm certain that Imrul and Omi aren't better than Anamul and neither is Asif and Mominul although the statistics show it from this match.
__________________
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old November 27, 2012, 04:15 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: Chicago
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,147

Plus factoring in heart. National team were just going through the motions...Tamim bowled by Best is one thing, but by Asif's off breaks? BCB XI meanwhile played as hard as they could to try and get a spot in the team. In a way the result is good because it means we have some depth, although the quality may not be that good to begin with at the top.
__________________
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old November 27, 2012, 04:33 PM
meazz1's Avatar
meazz1 meazz1 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 15, 2007
Location: GA, USA
Posts: 1,110

No matter how you cut it or dice it, BCB lost to BCB XI should send a strong message to our selectors. The selectors are not picking the right player based on the their performance. Players are getting picked for wrong format of the game.
If someone took this match lightly, they must be held accountable for throwing the game, if it was a worm up match. Laziness is not tolerated in any professional level.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old November 27, 2012, 05:04 PM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 3,867

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Interesting but yeah it was a "warm-up" game doesn't prove anything....
It means a lot. If we really pay attention, its not to hard to figure out wrong selction is the primary reasons for the failure. Of course we were not equipped with right head coach, right fielding coach, right bowling coach, no batting coach, right performance/video analyst, no UDRS in place, not the right pitch for us to be successful, but picking the wrong set of players with combination of poor coaching and captaincy, terrible field placement did not help our cause.

And again in ODI, we are struggling to pick the right set of players. There are only 11 players, if 2 of them are wrong selections, then you are bound to fail. For example, picking Nazim and SN was a mistake in 2nd Test. Why you want to bowl Gazi the very first over in all 4 inning is beyond me, you fail first time and duplicate the failure 3 more times. That how much naive our coaches and selectors are.

For Test as I said the right set of players would have been:

Tamim, Anamul, Zunaed/Mominul
Nayeem, Nasir
Shakib, Mushy
Mahmudullah
Enam, Sunny, Gazi

Yes you can open with Enam and Sunny on a super spinning track!
At least they wont be leaking 8 runs an over like our pacers.
__________________
Golf is good, no umpire needed!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old November 27, 2012, 05:07 PM
MyRoom MyRoom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 17, 2012
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul
Posts: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
It means a lot. If we really pay attention, its not to hard to figure out wrong selction is the primary reasons for the failure. Of course we were not equipped with right head coach, right fielding coach, right bowling coach, no batting coach, right performance/video analyst, no UDRS in place, not the right pitch for us to be successful, but picking the wrong set of players with combination of poor coaching and captaincy, terrible field placement did not help our cause.

And again in ODI, we are struggling to pick the right set of players. There are only 11 players, if 2 of them are wrong selections, then you are bound to fail. For example, picking Nazim and SN was a mistake in 2nd Test. Why you want to bowl Gazi the very first over in all 4 inning is beyond me, you fail first time and duplicate the failure 3 more times. That how much naive our coaches and selectors are.

For Test as I said the right set of players would have been:

Tamim, Anamul, Zunaed/Mominul
Nayeem, Nasir
Shakib, Mushy
Mahmudullah
Enam, Sunny, Gazi

Yes you can open with Enam and Sunny on a super spinning track!
At least they wont be leaking 8 runs an over like our pacers.
I disagree because if you can recall we played so many preparation games for World T20 and looked what happened come the tournament? facts are that warm-ups are warm-ups it only just gives us a brief idea on which positions we should place our players at and whom to pick in the best 11.

Last edited by MyRoom; November 27, 2012 at 06:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old November 27, 2012, 05:26 PM
mij mij is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 21, 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,397

Is Bangladesh playing the wrong team?

Yes they are selectors need to wake up.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old November 27, 2012, 05:50 PM
rinathq's Avatar
rinathq rinathq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad
Posts: 2,735

If BCB can create an upset today, I would say it would be a "wise" decision to play this squad rather than the "national" team. Look at our team... so many missing slots.. All BCB XI needs is one opener, 1 seamer and they are good to go.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old November 27, 2012, 05:51 PM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 3,867

@myRoom:

In WC Twenty20 our pacers gave away too many runs. Shafiul, Mash even Abul were leaking so many runs, it was impossible to win. Poor fielding was also a disaster for us. Warm up matches count. You select your team based on your strength and opposition weaknesses. Spin is our strength, pace bowling is not. WI is weak in playing spin, not pace.

Before NZ series, we played many warm ups and team was selected based on our strength and players recent form. Result was a whitewash.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old November 27, 2012, 06:05 PM
KaaL-PurusH KaaL-PurusH is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 14, 2006
Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared
Posts: 911

calm down fellas, they have lost momentum and should be upward yet again. Its a trend. India went through that not so long ago.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old November 27, 2012, 06:10 PM
MyRoom MyRoom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 17, 2012
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul
Posts: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
@myRoom:

In WC Twenty20 our pacers gave away too many runs. Shafiul, Mash even Abul were leaking so many runs, it was impossible to win. Poor fielding was also a disaster for us. Warm up matches count. You select your team based on your strength and opposition weaknesses. Spin is our strength, pace bowling is not. WI is weak in playing spin, not pace.

Before NZ series, we played many warm ups and team was selected based on our strength and players recent form. Result was a whitewash.
Yes pacers did bad but that's because they hardly bowled on these sort of surfaces but I do agree with you that our fielding was terrible that day.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old November 27, 2012, 06:18 PM
riad's Avatar
riad riad is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Location: florida
Posts: 244

But you have to admit Tamim is weak playing off break. Not so long ago he was Hafiz's bunny. He needs to get better at playing those. Almost all know his weakness and I guess Ratul though part timer, clearly remembered it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Plus factoring in heart. National team were just going through the motions...Tamim bowled by Best is one thing, but by Asif's off breaks? BCB XI meanwhile played as hard as they could to try and get a spot in the team. In a way the result is good because it means we have some depth, although the quality may not be that good to begin with at the top.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket