facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 12, 2015, 04:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Fan posts you would like BCB to see

I always wondered what if some BCB officials hovers in this BanglaCricket.com fan forums. I am intrigued by so many great posts by members in the past that I wish BCB officials would see them, and possibly, with all due respect (no, not that weirdo-Steyn style) they would learn a thing or two. Keeping their valuable time in mind, I sincerely do not want them to go through barrage of great posts in this forum under hundreds of threads. So the thought is each time you find a compelling post in a thread, let's re-post (with proper reference the original post/thread) it here...only to hope that one fine morning one or some of our beloved BCB officials will scour through them.

If you find this thread ridiculous, please feel free to report to mods so they can delete it.
Old May 12, 2015, 04:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

I will start off with one from one of my favourite members in BC,

"One makes his or her own destiny. What is BCB doing to keep us up there when we reach it? After this year, the home games will be gone. Are we prepared for the away tours? Can we get ready for those tours in time?"

Post url: http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...60&postcount=5
Old May 12, 2015, 04:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: #75,Taz,Mush,Tigers

Anyone of Gandalf's posts.
Old May 12, 2015, 09:17 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Hey BCB that includes Athar, Shamim, Thinktank, management, coach and captain.... how about introducing one of these for a starter when going out there to bat?

Old May 12, 2015, 09:27 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Good thread Ahsan. Very creative. Here is my stash of ATMR posts that they should read. Pick any:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...earchid=777816
Old May 12, 2015, 09:35 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

BC fans logic: X becomes first player to so and so. --- will make a good read
BCB logic: X becomes first Bangladeshi to so and so. ---- will make a good read
Old May 12, 2015, 09:50 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Dear BCB: what are the common talents of players like Taksin, Riyad and Mominul?

Answer: They are all docile enough to make us feel good about our EGO!
Old May 12, 2015, 09:59 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Programmers will get it...

Dear BCB

How come commentary box is not supported by Mime?
Old May 12, 2015, 11:57 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

5 posts in a row! with all that enthusiasm, You should just fax BCB
Old May 13, 2015, 12:20 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Find a captain ASAP! Open a separate Captain Building programs/training camps.

We're screwed once Mash retires.
Old May 13, 2015, 04:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: TaMotu, GoBoy, Mashrafe

Make Tamoutu test captain and Mominul his deputy.
Old May 13, 2015, 06:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

selectors just getting wrong for test...
Old May 13, 2015, 08:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

For BCB: When are you going to take legal action against the defaulters (francize owners)? It is almost one year. The money you hand out is not yours to begin with. Get the Govt. involved if you don't want to sue them. Take it out from as additional tax collection. Or Dudok way!!! They must have assets that you can freeze.

For the Team Management: What have you learnt from the 2nd test against Pakistan? I am interested in the negative ones. May be then you can rectify them in coming tests? Can Mushi-Tamim-Nasir get a "captain's crash course" with Steve Waugh? Fly them over there for 3 days if that needs to be. May be they can see him in India cause he has business over there to minimize cost.

(I am saying this because mgmt. will not change capt. any time soon) Leadership training works.

For the selectors: Before you submit your final 14/15, visit BC forum please. Read some posts. You will be enlightened. Making decisions would be real easy.
Old May 13, 2015, 03:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

A post by magician (jadukor bhai),

As a Host don't make a pitch on which you are afraid to Bat first

I am still fuming over this loss. I just can't digest the fact that we let a golden opportunity slip away due to poor tactics.

Most teams look to bat first in Test cricket because pitches deteriorate and batting starts to become difficult on days 3,4 and 5. So as a host if your team starts sweating at the slightest tinge of green on a Mirpur surface then simply don't go for it. Lets face it.. have there been many (any?) occasions where choosing to bowl first paid off for us? Do we have an experienced pace attack that can run through an opposition quickly (read two hours of overcast conditions) on bowling friendly conditions? I would say the answer to both question is no. So unless you have the confidence (ballz) in your batting that yes we are technically equipped to survive the first two hours on any surface, especially even after your openers put on a RECORD partnership the test before, then DON'T go for such surfaces!

As long as we have cowards leading the team decisions we should have the following template for Mirpur:

i) Prepare a pitch that stays flat and offer some turn for the spinners for 3 days after which it starts to crumble with uneven bounce and turn.
ii) Win the toss and bat first for the best part of two days and accumulate a huge first innings score
iii) Unleash our army of spinners on the opposition

Link to post: http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...71&postcount=1
Old May 13, 2015, 07:09 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Dear BCB

Can you find the country that will never win the Cup?

Old May 13, 2015, 08:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

PLAY US FFS!!

^^^^^

BCB please note
Old May 13, 2015, 08:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
PLAY US FFS!!

^^^^^

BCB please note
Last time we toured ireland we had to pay for accommodation and all other costs that hosting board should be paying. Your excuse was you dont have the money. But you have no problem bearing the costs when australia/england touring you. I think we may tour you before wc 19 as part of our preparation. Before that no chance.
Old May 14, 2015, 03:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Here's another post regarding BPL payment issue,

Quote:
Quote:
Regarding the non-payment issue, he said: "We [BCB] have taken responsibility and already cleared all the dues of the players from the last tournament. There are just a few claims left and we have decided to clear all the valid claims within 2-3 weeks. We have entrusted Naimur Rahman, chairman of cricket operations, with dealing with claims of the local players. As for the foreign players, we are cross-checking their claims and will clear the valid ones as soon as possible. As far as we have checked, 90 per cent of the players' payments have been cleared."

Look at the back to back statements. So all payments are paid? Lying has deep rooted in their blood stream. How funny these people are. Pure comedy!!! The really really funny part is, it is freeeee!!!

Naimur Rahman Durjoy already said, the players must compromise. lol. Why?

Quote:
Regarding franchises, Sinha said: "None of the franchises had kept their commitment to us. So legally they have failed to meet the requirements. They have not even approached for settlement and have not replied to any of our letters to communicate; it seems at the moment these franchises won't be there for the next edition....

Just because you can't collect money from the francizes, now the players have to compromise? And the local players have to suffer? I thought you guys did your homework the second time so that the same problems didn't occur? Who is responsible for this? Don't tell me, you?

The Francize owners are your friends and jigri dosts. They sit with you in different committees. God knows how much they contributed to campaign for MP positions or BCB board member positions. That is why even though they have defaulted in payments, even though you have every right to take legal actions, YOU WOULDN'T DO IT.

Link to original post: http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...3&postcount=46