facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 3, 2015, 03:10 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 17,427
Default Scotland Appoints "Shane Jurgensen" For One Match Vs Tigers

"Scotland have taken former Bangladesh coach Shane Jurgensen on board for a one-match deal — Thursday’s make-or-break World Cup clash against the Asian side."

This is huge desperation from Scotland, the only reason he may be paid for is to give out secrets of our players, since he is aware of their weaknesses and strengths.

Although I don't think that's going to help. But it's a sort of unethical contract to take up for SJ


Link: http://sports.dailymirror.lk/2015/03...-tigers-clash/
__________________
Bangladesh Surely will be in QF of the WC15 - Mission 1: Accomplished ✨🌟💥💫 Mop Up Winning Vs NZ // Mission 2: SemiFinal
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 3, 2015, 03:20 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 5,094

why spend money to learn our secrets. just ask any BC member and we will do it for free

Tamim -- Let him eat up dot balls. Make the RR hover around 3.5. Get him out in 15-20 overs.
Anamul -- See above + Get him to 40 and you can easily get 30 dots until he reaches personal milestone of a mighty half century
Mominul - bowl all over the place for him. he is very confused in LOIs and might sweep a short delivery
Soumya - make him feel confident until 20 and he will commit suicide after that
Shakib - fielders at ropes. he will give catch practice
Mushy - pack leg side and have fielders for slog sweep
Shabbir - short deliveries
Mash - yorkers or full at the stumps
Tails - same as above

-- bowling

Mash - show respect in beginning. terrific opening bowler so edge it to slips where anamul will make a mess
Rubel - phast, mighty phast. but look for that 1-2 bad delivery every over
Taskin - expect lot of bouncers
Shakib - just play him out. other spinners are crap


-- fielding

avoid shakib, tamim, shabbir, soumya/nasir. look for the haqs.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 3, 2015, 03:25 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 11,754

He was going to be fired by BCB... he has no ties with us. Why would it be unethical? This isn't new to sports.
__________________
Same sh¡t, different day.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 3, 2015, 03:37 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 17,427

While a contract is for one Match, it's not a coaching contract. It's only buy his knowledge of the players. So he as a coach is basically being hired as a spy, not a coach.

While I agree coached do provide information on the opponent in the form of footage analysis, but that's a side info and not every coach will go beyond footage. I also don't think that helps much too.

Footage Analysis of our players, could be done by any coach, why specially Jorgensen ? Is this to analyze footage? Not really, it's other aspects which don't come in a footage. So as a coach I think it's not an ethical contract for him just to earn by giving out such unprofessional information... That Scotland is desperate to pay for to win against us.

@Dilscoop: what you said is related to legal/illegal .. Not ethical or unethical... While it may be legal but I think it's unethical for a coach to sell solely opponents information acquired during his interaction as a coach. I'm not saying it's illegal.
__________________
Bangladesh Surely will be in QF of the WC15 - Mission 1: Accomplished ✨🌟💥💫 Mop Up Winning Vs NZ // Mission 2: SemiFinal
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 3, 2015, 04:03 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 17,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
why spend money to learn our secrets. just ask any BC member and we will do it for free

Tamim -- Let him eat up dot balls. Make the RR hover around 3.5. Get him out in 15-20 overs.
Anamul -- See above + Get him to 40 and you can easily get 30 dots until he reaches personal milestone of a mighty half century
Mominul - bowl all over the place for him. he is very confused in LOIs and might sweep a short delivery
Soumya - make him feel confident until 20 and he will commit suicide after that
Shakib - fielders at ropes. he will give catch practice
Mushy - pack leg side and have fielders for slog sweep
Shabbir - short deliveries
Mash - yorkers or full at the stumps
Tails - same as above

-- bowling

Mash - show respect in beginning. terrific opening bowler so edge it to slips where anamul will make a mess
Rubel - phast, mighty phast. but look for that 1-2 bad delivery every over
Taskin - expect lot of bouncers
Shakib - just play him out. other spinners are crap


-- fielding

avoid shakib, tamim, shabbir, soumya/nasir. look for the haqs.
YA true

বেকার পয়সা খরচ করতেছে স্কটল্যান্ড বোর্ড
__________________
Bangladesh Surely will be in QF of the WC15 - Mission 1: Accomplished ✨🌟💥💫 Mop Up Winning Vs NZ // Mission 2: SemiFinal
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 3, 2015, 04:13 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 5,094

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
YA true

বেকার পয়সা খরচ করতেছে স্কটল্যান্ড বোর্ড
হর্গেনসেন এর থাইক্কা আমারে ১০০ ডলার দিলেয় হইতো
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 3, 2015, 04:43 PM
tanvir_nus's Avatar
tanvir_nus tanvir_nus is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 17, 2005
Location: the heart of the tiger
Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Posts: 856

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
why spend money to learn our secrets. just ask any BC member and we will do it for free

Tamim -- Let him eat up dot balls. Make the RR hover around 3.5. Get him out in 15-20 overs.
Anamul -- See above + Get him to 40 and you can easily get 30 dots until he reaches personal milestone of a mighty half century
Mominul - bowl all over the place for him. he is very confused in LOIs and might sweep a short delivery
Soumya - make him feel confident until 20 and he will commit suicide after that
Shakib - fielders at ropes. he will give catch practice
Mushy - pack leg side and have fielders for slog sweep
Shabbir - short deliveries
Mash - yorkers or full at the stumps
Tails - same as above

-- bowling

Mash - show respect in beginning. terrific opening bowler so edge it to slips where anamul will make a mess
Rubel - phast, mighty phast. but look for that 1-2 bad delivery every over
Taskin - expect lot of bouncers
Shakib - just play him out. other spinners are crap


-- fielding

avoid shakib, tamim, shabbir, soumya/nasir. look for the haqs.
Hahahaha spot on!
__________________
Taskin Ahmed Tazim - The future (Edited: The future is here. The next big thing for Bangladeshi Cricket.) 143 KPH - 18 years - Against Aussies - 1st April, 2014. 5 - 28 Against- June 17th, 2014.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 3, 2015, 04:53 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 17,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
হর্গেনসেন এর থাইক্কা আমারে ১০০ ডলার দিলেয় হইতো


Shakib says Scotland will get no edge hiring ex-Bangladesh coach Jurgensen
__________________
Bangladesh Surely will be in QF of the WC15 - Mission 1: Accomplished ✨🌟💥💫 Mop Up Winning Vs NZ // Mission 2: SemiFinal
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 3, 2015, 06:29 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,591

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN


Shakib says Scotland will get no edge hiring ex-Bangladesh coach Jurgensen
Yap! Shak often visits BC and a fan of Mufi!! Shak was referring Mufi's post...why pay big bucks to Shen when Mufi can be buy out for only $100.00!!?
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 3, 2015, 07:37 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 3,663

If a team like Scotland can analyze and exploit our weaknesses within a 2 days, we suck

But kudos to the Scots for taking the game really seriously
__________________
"Life is a dream from which we all must wake."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 3, 2015, 08:11 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 11,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
@Dilscoop: what you said is related to legal/illegal .. Not ethical or unethical... While it may be legal but I think it's unethical for a coach to sell solely opponents information acquired during his interaction as a coach. I'm not saying it's illegal.
I didn't say it was illegal and I didn't think you said that either. He'll get paid for a day. It would've been unethical for him to turn this offer down. This happens in every sports I follow. Sometimes teams even hire players/coaches for an even shorter term for just scouting reporting. Fair game I'd say. Surprised this doesn't happen in cricket more often.
__________________
Same sh¡t, different day.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 3, 2015, 08:36 PM
epitaph epitaph is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 18, 2007
Posts: 357

Good decision by Scotland, novel idea. I know that in football coaches sometimes ring other coaches to get pointers about another team. Don't really see how this can be viewed as unethical.

They already had access to our players' technical weaknesses via digital means. Jurgensen can tell them about the individuals' and team's mental weaknesses. Should make our batting a little more difficult IMO, and any extra bit helps.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 3, 2015, 08:50 PM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin
Posts: 17,657

Not unethical but below the belt.
__________________
Life is short, have a six pack.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old March 3, 2015, 09:36 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 7,916

Jurhensen will have a hard time finding our strengths in his swot analysis
__________________
রিয়াদ ফ্যান রা মানুষ হিসেবে উত্তম কারণ তারা অল্পতেই খুশি থাকে - জাদুকর ২০১৪
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old March 3, 2015, 10:40 PM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Jurhensen will have a hard time finding our strengths in his swot analysis
This ^^^^
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old March 3, 2015, 11:12 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 26,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
"Scotland have taken former Bangladesh coach Shane Jurgensen on board for a one-match deal — Thursday’s make-or-break World Cup clash against the Asian side."

This is huge desperation from Scotland, the only reason he may be paid for is to give out secrets of our players, since he is aware of their weaknesses and strengths.

Although I don't think that's going to help. But it's a sort of unethical contract to take up for SJ


Link: http://sports.dailymirror.lk/2015/03...-tigers-clash/
The SLan coach was hired by England right before their tour last year. This was unethical cause he was already contracted with SL. Shane was not.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old March 4, 2015, 12:45 AM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Jurhensen will have a hard time finding our strengths in his swot analysis
Is ATMR near by!?
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old March 4, 2015, 01:07 AM
Rifat_02 Rifat_02 is online now
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Soumya,Mullah,Mushy,Taski
Posts: 764

They seem to be more desperate in beating us than we are of beating england :v
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old March 4, 2015, 03:32 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 17,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Yap! Shak often visits BC and a fan of Mufi!! Shak was referring Mufi's post...why pay big bucks to Shen when Mufi can be buy out for only $100.00!!?
Or May be Mufi is Shakib's BC ID
__________________
Bangladesh Surely will be in QF of the WC15 - Mission 1: Accomplished ✨🌟💥💫 Mop Up Winning Vs NZ // Mission 2: SemiFinal
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old March 4, 2015, 03:35 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 17,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
They seem to be more desperate in beating us than we are of beating england :v
চরম, এর চেয়ে বেশী আর কি করবে।
__________________
Bangladesh Surely will be in QF of the WC15 - Mission 1: Accomplished ✨🌟💥💫 Mop Up Winning Vs NZ // Mission 2: SemiFinal
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old March 4, 2015, 03:39 PM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,988


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old March 4, 2015, 03:41 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 17,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Not unethical but below the belt.
Yes, it's Bellow the belt, cheap and not so appropriate in cricket. Hope We beat them convincingly.
__________________
Bangladesh Surely will be in QF of the WC15 - Mission 1: Accomplished ✨🌟💥💫 Mop Up Winning Vs NZ // Mission 2: SemiFinal
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old March 4, 2015, 03:43 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 17,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid

Thanks for that Let's RT
__________________
Bangladesh Surely will be in QF of the WC15 - Mission 1: Accomplished ✨🌟💥💫 Mop Up Winning Vs NZ // Mission 2: SemiFinal
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old March 4, 2015, 03:44 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 20,673

man if we get beaten by Scot we better hire Andy Flower.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old March 4, 2015, 03:50 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 16,087

game inside the game...

Day of judgment for "Shane Jurgensen"... will he be the Hero (the ultimate villain for some) or Zero (the worthless for some)?
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket