facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 27, 2016, 10:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Faruk may step out of selection process

http://newagebd.net/232237/faruk-may...ction-process/

Faruk has a point. This new proposed system could bring in "too many cooks spoil the broth" kind of scenario. The manager, operations chairman should have no business in selection.

But no hiding the fact that Faruk has some beef with Hathurusingha. He welcomed the idea of having coach in the selection panel earlier, indirectly hinting in such scenario the coach should be present in domestic matches.

Imo coach should be the selection panel, but thats abt it. If there is a long term captain, who has proven himself, perhaps that person could be considered, but big if there.
Old May 28, 2016, 01:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
http://newagebd.net/232237/faruk-may...ction-process/

Faruk has a point. This new proposed system could bring in "too many cooks spoil the broth" kind of scenario. The manager, operations chairman should have no business in selection.

But no hiding the fact that Faruk has some beef with Hathurusingha. He welcomed the idea of having coach in the selection panel earlier, indirectly hinting in such scenario the coach should be present in domestic matches.

Imo coach should be the selection panel, but thats abt it. If there is a long term captain, who has proven himself, perhaps that person could be considered, but big if there.
I would rather have that messy situation then a person who crosses out players based on age. Faruk has near zero credibility as a selector and I would be relieved to see him leave. I believe someone like Pilot would be perfect for a selection role. He did it with Comilla, he did it with Rajshahi... he knows his players
Old May 28, 2016, 02:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

good for our cricket people prejudiced minded person like Faruk shouldn't be selector at the first place. hoping someone with great cricketing sense come up into selection.
Old May 28, 2016, 06:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Rasta mapo.
Old May 28, 2016, 06:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

The coach should have a big part to play in the team selection/player recruitmemt. This is a no brainer. And it is the case in soccer and basketball.

Faruk is replaceable. Seriously. We have so many bright minds today coming out of Bd with degrees such as Sports Analytics. Any of those guys with any sort of cricket pedigree will be better suited for the role of the selector. And I am sure they wouldn't mind sharing the responsibility with a coach.
Old May 28, 2016, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

But in a way Faruk is right here. You just need 3 selectors, and then the coach thats it.

But the way they are restructuring things, Khaled Mahmud, Akram Khan can also interfere (Apparently there will be a 4th selector too). Too much of interference will only create chaos.
Old May 28, 2016, 10:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

^ we all know what happened in 2015 WC. 1st Jubair fiasco. then Imrul inclusion and flop.

This new selection panel should cover all grounds and above scenario doesn't happen again. Too bad Faruk don't like it.
Old May 30, 2016, 12:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sabbir, Soumya, Taskin

Faruk is easily replaceable. Guy is hella biased and just because he got lucky with some of his selections(debateable), he has caused some unnecessary problems for us.

This new selection panel might seem like a handful but I think it's good for us. It'll help us cover all areas when selecting a squad and will improve with reaching mutual decisions where all parties agree. Faruk can leave, nobody gives a ****.
Old May 30, 2016, 03:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

1/ I have been to the stadium a few times to watch local match. I have even interacted with a few local players. They all tell me that the selectors do not come to the games much. At times when they do, they stay for barely 2 hours.

2/ I know people can have different opinions concerning selections, but over the years some of our selections have raised major eyebrows. Here are few examples

2a/ Rakibul Hasan selected for T20 world cup (inaugral event). That guy does not even get a domestic team to sign him for T20 tournaments.

2b/ We played Razzaq for ages even after he kept on failing. Arafat sunny was the best left arm spinner in ODI's for Bangladesh since BPL1. However it took our selectors ages to select him.

2c/ Based on 1 good innings in BPL 1 our selectors kept insisting on picking mominul for ODI and T20 when every one in domestics are well aware that the guy is not suited to the smaller format

3/ The insistance of not giving chances to any player who has passed a certain age is just mind boggling.
Just as an example,
Yes, Alok Kapali has been given many many chances and he failed but guys like him, Ziaur Rahman and Milon are much better in T20 format than the likes of Mukhtar , Hom or Mosaddek.

Finally, sure it is not the managers job to be on the selection panel, but in an ideal world it is also not the selectors job to tour with the bangladesh team abroad.
Old May 30, 2016, 03:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Nobody is perfect, we saw Hathuri preferring a mediocre like Hom over Nasir. Jubair is yet to justify all the fuss the coach created around him.

I am all for finding a better mechanism working between the coach and the selectors. But my gut feeling is that adding Sujon and Akram to the selection panel will make it only worse, not better.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Well seems like we ll never learn. When Whatmore and Siddons were doing good things, we found faults. And now seems like pro Faruq ppl are trying to use Hathurusingha's leaves against his possible candidacy for the selection role.

If the coach does take more leave than he should, its an HR matter which the president must address behind closed doors. But using it as a cheap shot in the press-the things are the reasons why people usually never want to continue working with Bangladesh. Everything at the end of the day is politics, even when you do good, someone will be there to take you down.

http://newagebd.net/232760/hathurusi...eagues-nazmul/
Old May 31, 2016, 03:08 PM
Club Cricketer

Faruk was a loser as a player zero achievement should be kicked out for some ridiculous decisions he made am sure hom decision was down to his stupidity
Old June 1, 2016, 11:15 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Bye Bye Faruk. Just quit already man
Old June 1, 2016, 03:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Adios Faruk. Please don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Old June 1, 2016, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Khodahafez.

Don't let the door hit you on the *** on your way out.
Old June 1, 2016, 04:40 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

First Naimur, now Faruk. They will all disappear soon. Hopefully Sujon is next. People who make it all about them and can't check their ego at the door has no place in a team environment.

They need two different teams. That's how it works everywhere else. There should be a selection team and a scouting team. The scouting teams should be made up of people who are known for spotting talents, NOT Akram Khan's, AAK's. They should bring up players up for selection. The selection team should be the HC, Captain, may be even VC and head scouter. The selection team will pick players based on what their gameplan is based on the scouting reports.

Faruk or whoever the selector is can't be picking squads, when the HC/Captain is running the team. They're the drivers of this car, not Faruk or other selectors. This team is running on fast bowlers, can't have selectors picking 8 spinners. And you can't expect the head coach to travel all over the country to watch all these players. He should, every now and then, but that shouldn't be under his job description.
Old June 1, 2016, 11:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Its all needless politics. Everyone wants power. President must massage everyone's ego, like he's running a kindergarten.
Old June 2, 2016, 12:01 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Please leave. It wont hurt bd cricket one bit
Old June 2, 2016, 07:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Faruk kaka's selection brought good results for our team.
So I respect him for that.
I have very little knowledge about what went wrong that he may have to leave, so I keep my mouth shut.
Old June 2, 2016, 08:27 AM
Banned for 6 months

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Sad news for our cricket. He is the best selector of our history by far
Old June 2, 2016, 09:17 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

why all the hatred for Faruk? I don't know about politics behind the scenes, but I thought he was decent and picked some right players who are now permanent in national team.
Old June 2, 2016, 09:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
why all the hatred for Faruk? I don't know about politics behind the scenes, but I thought he was decent and picked some right players who are now permanent in national team.
Almost all the new guys were selected on Coach's insistence including Sabbir soumya zubair mustafiz (streak and Sujon), Sunny ... Infact if Haturasinghe wasn't adamant than Razzaq would still be playing in ODI's.

If anything, the coach was not allowed to pick Zubair in Australia and we all saw ineffective the SLA bowlers were down under during the World cup.
Old June 2, 2016, 09:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Almost all the new guys were selected on Coach's insistence including Sabbir soumya zubair mustafiz (streak and Sujon), Sunny ... Infact if Haturasinghe wasn't adamant than Razzaq would still be playing in ODI's.

If anything, the coach was not allowed to pick Zubair in Australia and we all saw ineffective the SLA bowlers were down under during the World cup.
Faruk has been selector for a while. He brought in Nasir, Gazi, Anamul, Taskin etc. as well. He also understood importance of senior players and kept Riyad/Tamim around even when they were going through rough patches. Sure, he made some blunders as well and the biggest one was the reluctance to recall old players such as Alok, Raqibul, Naeem.

So overall, I think he did a good job. The current team has a good mix of experienced players (Tamim/Shakib/Mushy/Riyad/Mash) and new ones. So some credit should go to him.

*commenting on selection ability alone. not the board politics.
Old June 2, 2016, 10:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Faruk has been selector for a while. He brought in Nasir, Gazi, Anamul, Taskin etc. as well. He also understood importance of senior players and kept Riyad/Tamim around even when they were going through rough patches. Sure, he made some blunders as well and the biggest one was the reluctance to recall old players such as Alok, Raqibul, Naeem.

So overall, I think he did a good job. The current team has a good mix of experienced players (Tamim/Shakib/Mushy/Riyad/Mash) and new ones. So some credit should go to him.

*commenting on selection ability alone. not the board politics.
My only comment would be that Nasir Gazi Anamul Taskin did extremely well in the domestic. The true ability of a SELECTOR is to identify skilled players irrespective of domestic records.
The fact is that our selectors hardly ever watches the domestic matches themselves.

Also the U19 team selection is never done by these selectors. It is done entirely based on the recommendation of the scouts and coaches working with the youngstars. I honestly see the selectors as just an un-necessary hurdle for the coaches and the team management. Our selectors dont do any work, they are all egomaniacs (except Habibul bashar who is a very pleasant individual and could be spotted in grounds more often than the rest).

Last edited by tonmoy.dhaka; June 2, 2016 at 11:37 AM..
Old June 2, 2016, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakib12
Faruk was a loser as a player zero achievement should be kicked out for some ridiculous decisions he made am sure hom decision was down to his stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Bye Bye Faruk. Just quit already man
Is he left yet? Thank god, finally.