facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 12, 2015, 02:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers
Default ODI's are now pointless

They no longer have an identity of their own. Either restore some balance between bat and ball or scrap ODI's for good. Why have 8 hours run fests when there are 3 hour run fests.

Hate what ODI's have become. Were perfect in 2011, ruined in 2015. Only the ICC could pull it off.
Old June 12, 2015, 03:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: #75,Taz,Mush,Tigers

The two balls per innings screwed it, ohh batsmen were being cry babies because the ball was soft. I have a solution to that: deal with it.
Old June 12, 2015, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Signed - watching at work even while getting paid is boring!

They're only fun when BD plays
Old June 12, 2015, 03:40 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

What was so perfect about ODIs in 2011? I think ODIs have evolved for the better, thanks to T20. "Middle overs" in ODI was one of the worst things about the game, batsmen not trying to maximize scoring potential in a limited overs game and the bowlers not trying to take wickets is not good cricket. Also it's a good thing that teams are lot better at chasing nowadays. I prefer the not-so-safe 400s of today than safe-300s of the past.

Quote:
Why have 8 hours run fests when there are 3 hour run fests.
Because the extra time allows good batsmen to play longer innings, and the bowlers more overs to take wickets?
Old June 12, 2015, 03:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

ODIs are going to be extinct if we don't revert to 1 ball. I liked Sachin's suggestion of dividing in two innings.
Old June 12, 2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
What was so perfect about ODIs in 2011? I think ODIs have evolved for the better, thanks to T20. "Middle overs" in ODI was one of the worst things about the game, batsmen not trying to maximize scoring potential in a limited overs game and the bowlers not trying to take wickets is not good cricket. Also it's a good thing that teams are lot better at chasing nowadays. I prefer the not-so-safe 400s of today than safe-300s of the past.

Because the extra time allows good batsmen to play longer innings, and the bowlers more overs to take wickets?

Singed
Old June 12, 2015, 04:23 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

You are pointless Donal :p
Old June 12, 2015, 04:49 PM
BC Editorial Team

I also like the idea of 2 innings odis. More like baseball. The other option would be to allow two bowlers 15 overs. That will drive the bits and pieces cricketers out of the game.
Old June 12, 2015, 05:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ I've been waiting for a 4 winning ODI's. It will bring both T20 and Test elements together into one. And I'd restrict the batsmen for a change. If bowlers are only allowed to bowl certain amount, batsmen should be allowed to face X amount of balls per inning. They better cash out before they get timed out. That will bring a new element to the game. Or by slots. 1-3 get 35% max. 4-7 45%...

"10 to win from last over with 1 wicket in hand. The top batsman only has 2 balls left to face."
WOW! Goosebumps just thinking about it. IDK how teams would handle that.
Old June 12, 2015, 09:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Mushy, Tamim, Abul

ODI is the real deal IMO!
- hate or luv it's the best format. Just needs right balance. Maybe get rid of two ball and batting PP and allow another fielder outside 30 after 40th over to 5fielders. That way it will stop the near 400scores which seems average snow some time now.

Why not try this, if they are worried about the ball getting old with one ball in the ODI game : Play with one ball for 25-30 overs then keep it away and bring a new ball for between 25/30-40th over and then in the last 10 overs of the ODI game use the first ball which was used for the first 25/30 overs in the match. That way you have one ball being played with for 35/40overs of the game and other 10/15 overs - depending on wether you want to use the first ball for 25 overs of 30 overs. I'd go with 25overs with the first ball; because these days bats are so big and thick with flat wickets everywhere for ODI mostly, one white ball can't last more than 40overs it will deteriorate quicker.
Anyway, having one ball, let's say played with first 25 overs and last 10overs = 35 overs, could help ensure bowlers try get the reverse swing back into the game in the last 10overs.
And the new ball from let's say 25 th over to 40th will also help the batsmens in the so called 'boring and dull' middle overs, with having a new ball to bat at for 15 overs! To score quick runs and not complain ball getting soft!
Old June 12, 2015, 09:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Because Morgan said....👋🏿
Old June 12, 2015, 10:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Cricket is cricket no matter what, whether its 450 overs or 50 overs or 20 overs it's still the same. One cannot claim to be a lover of the game and hate a format of it, that's just hypocrisy. It is like stating we hate our parents or kids because they are too old or too young.

I love cricket.
Old June 12, 2015, 11:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

jitle point nai ????
Old June 12, 2015, 11:13 PM
Banned for 1 month

Okay donald you can fly away i mean you can quack way now. Jottoshob ajaira. Bangladesh ODI valo kheltese so its now pointless
Old June 12, 2015, 11:37 PM
Cricket Legend

^ Maybe you should?
Old June 13, 2015, 12:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

The game will always change and evolve. As long as the balance is restored soon it's all good. Even if not, a new baseline will emerge to rate bowlers. That's the beauty of stats.