facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 10, 2015, 04:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
He can't be like our Pujara or Ballance. For one he is better than both and we don't play as many tests in a year. Look at what happened to Shaks bowling. If Momin doesn't play enough during the intervals between each tests he is gonna get rusty as he wont be facing quality opponents.
Some players are just more suited to one format than the other. Nothing wrong with that. Also, consider this- if Mominul keeps failing in ODI, God forbid, like he has done so far, it might harm his confidence and thus affect his test performance as well. So need to be very careful with him.
Old May 10, 2015, 04:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Oh and, what has happened to Shakib's bowling is due to playing too much limited overs cricket, especially T20.
Old May 10, 2015, 07:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Oh and, what has happened to Shakib's bowling is due to playing too much limited overs cricket, especially T20.
Shakib needs a good break from cricket. I think the 4-month ban was good in a sense that it got him hyped up right before the world cup. He needs a 3-week vacation right before the India series.
Old May 10, 2015, 08:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Shakib needs a good break from cricket. I think the 4-month ban was good in a sense that it got him hyped up right before the world cup. He needs a 3-week vacation right before the India series.
Sakib needs to play the final NCL match before the India test in order to get his rhythm back. Match practice will help him more than a 3-week vacation. He has not been playing too much cricket, rather he was not playing longer version of the game at all which affected his bowling rhythm in test matches.
Old May 10, 2015, 12:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Abul Hasan

Shakib going to play IPL. If he plays BCL instead, then salute to him. My respect for him will go skywards. But Im afraid it wont happen.
Old May 10, 2015, 12:43 PM
Cricket Guru

^^Shakib will play only two rounds in IPL. He will be back in time to play in BCL that resume from May 24.
Old May 10, 2015, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Shakib going to play IPL. If he plays BCL instead, then salute to him. My respect for him will go skywards. But Im afraid it wont happen.
Even if he wants to play in BCL he can't he is contractly linked to KKR he has to be available for them for the IPL only international duty could justifies his absence
Old May 10, 2015, 03:44 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^Shakib will play only two rounds in IPL. He will be back in time to play in BCL that resume from May 24.
KKR is all but Through to the 2nd round..so he might play the 2 group rounds and 2/3 knockouts
Old May 10, 2015, 04:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

why on earth are you guys talking about Sakib in Mominul's thread ?
Old May 10, 2015, 04:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
why on earth are you guys talking about Sakib in Mominul's thread ?
Old May 13, 2015, 07:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

I think He deserves the test captaincy. I vote him to be test captain. He is calm, mature beyond his age. if Mushy screws up badly in India Test then Mominul should be test captain.
Old May 13, 2015, 08:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I think He deserves the test captaincy. I vote him to be test captain. He is calm, mature beyond his age. if Mushy screws up badly in India Test then Mominul should be test captain.
Would be a bold move, much like graeme getting the captaincy at a young age.
Old May 13, 2015, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Let him focus on his batting. Lot of work to be done there before we should think of anything else. I reckon Shakib will become the skipper in all formats.
Old May 13, 2015, 11:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Let him focus on his batting. Lot of work to be done there before we should think of anything else. I reckon Shakib will become the skipper in all formats.
Agreed. Mominul seems to introverted to make an effective skipper. But we shall see.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Agreed. Mominul seems to introverted to make an effective skipper. But we shall see.
Yeah that's my feeling to. Tough to pick a suitable captain atm imo but at the same time shakib the most obvious and safe choice. Mominul young inexperienced, introverted. Riyad hasn't secured a long term spot, mushy no good, shakib I I not much better than mushy as captain see days, tamim didn't seem suitable in his limited chances, nasir in and out of the team.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Shakib might become end up becoming captain by default. Sadly we have no other alternative. If the Pakistani test series has taught us anything, its we have gone in the right direction by keeping Mushfiq away from captaincy in shorter formats. Lesson going forward would be to lessen his responsibilities in tests even further.

But who knows Shakib captains for 2-3 years, by that time Mominul might become an indispensable member of the team, earn respect of team mates, opposition. Might mature a bit more and be in the position to lead the team.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Lol Mominul is too young and inexperienced, he'd probably defer to the seniors when making decisions on/off-field and our seniors aren't the smartest of the bunch when it comes to captaincy.