facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1151  
Old May 10, 2015, 04:53 AM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 8,745

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
He can't be like our Pujara or Ballance. For one he is better than both and we don't play as many tests in a year. Look at what happened to Shaks bowling. If Momin doesn't play enough during the intervals between each tests he is gonna get rusty as he wont be facing quality opponents.
Some players are just more suited to one format than the other. Nothing wrong with that. Also, consider this- if Mominul keeps failing in ODI, God forbid, like he has done so far, it might harm his confidence and thus affect his test performance as well. So need to be very careful with him.
__________________
Nevermind
Reply With Quote
  #1152  
Old May 10, 2015, 04:55 AM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 8,745

Oh and, what has happened to Shakib's bowling is due to playing too much limited overs cricket, especially T20.
Reply With Quote
  #1153  
Old May 10, 2015, 07:59 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 11,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Oh and, what has happened to Shakib's bowling is due to playing too much limited overs cricket, especially T20.
Shakib needs a good break from cricket. I think the 4-month ban was good in a sense that it got him hyped up right before the world cup. He needs a 3-week vacation right before the India series.
Reply With Quote
  #1154  
Old May 10, 2015, 08:17 AM
Cricket4All Cricket4All is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 18, 2014
Posts: 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Shakib needs a good break from cricket. I think the 4-month ban was good in a sense that it got him hyped up right before the world cup. He needs a 3-week vacation right before the India series.
Sakib needs to play the final NCL match before the India test in order to get his rhythm back. Match practice will help him more than a 3-week vacation. He has not been playing too much cricket, rather he was not playing longer version of the game at all which affected his bowling rhythm in test matches.
Reply With Quote
  #1155  
Old May 10, 2015, 12:26 PM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Favorite Player: Abul
Posts: 2,494

Shakib going to play IPL. If he plays BCL instead, then salute to him. My respect for him will go skywards. But Im afraid it wont happen.
Reply With Quote
  #1156  
Old May 10, 2015, 12:43 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 9,390

^^Shakib will play only two rounds in IPL. He will be back in time to play in BCL that resume from May 24.
Reply With Quote
  #1157  
Old May 10, 2015, 03:31 PM
dolcevita dolcevita is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 3, 2009
Favorite Player: Shakib
Posts: 3,197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Shakib going to play IPL. If he plays BCL instead, then salute to him. My respect for him will go skywards. But Im afraid it wont happen.
Even if he wants to play in BCL he can't he is contractly linked to KKR he has to be available for them for the IPL only international duty could justifies his absence
Reply With Quote
  #1158  
Old May 10, 2015, 03:44 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 14,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^Shakib will play only two rounds in IPL. He will be back in time to play in BCL that resume from May 24.
KKR is all but Through to the 2nd round..so he might play the 2 group rounds and 2/3 knockouts
__________________
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Reply With Quote
  #1159  
Old May 10, 2015, 04:20 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 21,882

why on earth are you guys talking about Sakib in Mominul's thread ?
__________________
দল, মত,জাতি,ধর্ম,বর্ণ নির্বিশেষে আসুন সবাই এক থালা ভাত খাই
Reply With Quote
  #1160  
Old May 10, 2015, 04:42 PM
mij mij is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 21, 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,591

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
why on earth are you guys talking about Sakib in Mominul's thread ?
Reply With Quote
  #1161  
Old May 13, 2015, 07:54 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 11,921

I think He deserves the test captaincy. I vote him to be test captain. He is calm, mature beyond his age. if Mushy screws up badly in India Test then Mominul should be test captain.
Reply With Quote
  #1162  
Old May 13, 2015, 08:31 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 9,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I think He deserves the test captaincy. I vote him to be test captain. He is calm, mature beyond his age. if Mushy screws up badly in India Test then Mominul should be test captain.
Would be a bold move, much like graeme getting the captaincy at a young age.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #1163  
Old May 13, 2015, 10:05 PM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 2,950

Let him focus on his batting. Lot of work to be done there before we should think of anything else. I reckon Shakib will become the skipper in all formats.
Reply With Quote
  #1164  
Old May 13, 2015, 11:52 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Banned for 6 months
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 22,294

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Let him focus on his batting. Lot of work to be done there before we should think of anything else. I reckon Shakib will become the skipper in all formats.
Agreed. Mominul seems to introverted to make an effective skipper. But we shall see.
Reply With Quote
  #1165  
Old May 14, 2015, 12:13 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 9,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Agreed. Mominul seems to introverted to make an effective skipper. But we shall see.
Yeah that's my feeling to. Tough to pick a suitable captain atm imo but at the same time shakib the most obvious and safe choice. Mominul young inexperienced, introverted. Riyad hasn't secured a long term spot, mushy no good, shakib I I not much better than mushy as captain see days, tamim didn't seem suitable in his limited chances, nasir in and out of the team.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #1166  
Old May 14, 2015, 12:36 AM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 2,950

Shakib might become end up becoming captain by default. Sadly we have no other alternative. If the Pakistani test series has taught us anything, its we have gone in the right direction by keeping Mushfiq away from captaincy in shorter formats. Lesson going forward would be to lessen his responsibilities in tests even further.

But who knows Shakib captains for 2-3 years, by that time Mominul might become an indispensable member of the team, earn respect of team mates, opposition. Might mature a bit more and be in the position to lead the team.
Reply With Quote
  #1167  
Old May 14, 2015, 12:38 AM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 4,999

Lol Mominul is too young and inexperienced, he'd probably defer to the seniors when making decisions on/off-field and our seniors aren't the smartest of the bunch when it comes to captaincy.
__________________
"Life is a dream from which we all must wake."
Reply With Quote
  #1168  
Old June 22, 2016, 10:53 PM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 2,950

671 runs at an average of 41.9. 1 century, 7 fifties.

But what stands out is his strike rate of 95.99. He has hit 72 fours and 15 sixes.

Has little Mominul turned over a new leaf?
Reply With Quote
  #1169  
Old June 22, 2016, 10:55 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Jason Day
Posts: 5,563

Can't wait to see him return in the whites again..missed his 'dhal bhat' shot
Reply With Quote
  #1170  
Old June 23, 2016, 01:51 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 27,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Lol Mominul is too young and inexperienced, he'd probably defer to the seniors when making decisions on/off-field and our seniors aren't the smartest of the bunch when it comes to captaincy.
G Smith became captain at 23. Everyone in the team was his senior. He was young and inexperience. Yet he was given the leadership role.

Captain's must have few things.
1. A good listener.
2. Ability to control conversation. When necessary bringing back the discussion to the topic on hand.
3. Understanding how to evaluate risk.
4. Understanding how to evaluate and utilize talents.
5. Understanding how to exploit when the opportunity arises.
6. Be decisive in decision making and when not working be flexible to take advantage of the knowledge his team-mates have.
etc.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #1171  
Old June 23, 2016, 02:00 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 11,921

Mominul is a wonderful choice for a captain, but his problem is that he is not too confident of himself. No doubt the talent, no doubt the potential is certainly there. Let him break into the ODI team first though...
Reply With Quote
  #1172  
Old June 25, 2016, 07:40 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Jason Day
Posts: 5,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
G Smith became captain at 23. Everyone in the team was his senior. He was young and inexperience. Yet he was given the leadership role.

Captain's must have few things.
1. A good listener.
2. Ability to control conversation. When necessary bringing back the discussion to the topic on hand.
3. Understanding how to evaluate risk.
4. Understanding how to evaluate and utilize talents.
5. Understanding how to exploit when the opportunity arises.
6. Be decisive in decision making and when not working be flexible to take advantage of the knowledge his team-mates have.
etc.
Might I add...

7. Knows the other 10 players like his 10 fingers.
8. Must have that charismatic quality which players are drawn towards and respect.
9.takes full responsibility for decisions
10. All of the above.

Knows when to declare, toss management, media scrutiny, etc.

Must be a calculative team-first player.

PS: didn't wanna/intended to go off topic. My regards
__________________
When [your] enemy falls, lift him/her up. Helping an enemy in trouble may make a friend. - Swahili Proverb
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket