facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 2, 2012, 07:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Shabbash puchki. Korrrra khelso ajke
Old December 2, 2012, 07:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

After catching a glimpse of the type of transition he's capable making, I'm sold on him. My doubts have been put to rest. I saw a left handed version of Alok not at his best, but at the level I wanted Alok to be. Now I know I always wanted Alok to be what Shourobh already is MashAllah.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 2, 2012, 08:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

I'm hoping he'll replace Naeem in the near future- in shorter formats.
Old December 2, 2012, 08:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Yeah but you can't play Anamul at 2. His favourite position is 3 so we're still having trouble finding a partner for Tamim full-time. I still say Imrul for ODIs, Ashraful for T20s and ??? for tests as partners for Tamim. Its the only way possible for the moment. Anamul should bat at 3.
Don't even take the name of IK now.

Naeem is also more like Anamul, a slow starter. So, since Anamul is comfortable playing slow, opening will give him more time, good for him. Naeem coming at number three is also same for the team....unless Naeem fails, these three positions shouldn't be disturbed at all..

Mominul played an excellent innings, I would rather want Mominul coming at number 4 and keeping the RR moving...
Old December 2, 2012, 08:42 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'll wait to make a judgement. I don't want him to be another case of Bangla-hyped up stardom.
Old December 2, 2012, 10:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Mominul seems to have plenty of time to play shots after the ball is released by the bowler. This is a special attribute for any batsman. If he can keep his temperament cool, he should be a very good asset for BD cricket.

Last edited by WarWolf; December 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM..
Old December 2, 2012, 10:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Isn't it Shourav...
i know but he is our Goutom Gombhir
Goutom+Shourobh = Gourobh

nah I won't over hype him but what I saw I was impressed and hope he continues like this,
Old December 2, 2012, 10:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

I have been following him since BPL where he single handedly beat Shakib's Khulna . Then he scored a magnificient 150 in WI with Academy team . Also he has been consistent in Domestic tournaments. In his maiden ODI match he came on a difficult situation when Mushi and Nasir were out in quick succession . Normally newcomer feels butterfly at this situation . But he faced the situation like a Pro and played shots all around the wicket especially his mammoth six over midwicket remind me Suresh Raina's shot. Good luck Mominul , I am confident that you will serve BD Cricket with your skills for a longer period .
Old December 2, 2012, 10:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

He is here to stay, got excellent technique and can hit big shot too.
Old December 2, 2012, 11:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Very compact and technically solid. I saw that since his U19 days and had a hunch this guy was going to do well. Love his attitude as well. Looks like a man that's here to stay for good.
Old December 2, 2012, 11:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Sharing a Video of heroic batting of Mominul :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaeEAtLtuJg
Old December 2, 2012, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

i was very impressed with mominul's knock. He came in at a very awkward time in the innings. He did the right thing by rotating the strike and not getting bogged down. both him and anamul are good at taking singles and two's. I have a feeling he will be a bigger asset than anamul. We should make sure we dont drop either of these two players now and let them get better with consistently being in the national team fold.
Old December 2, 2012, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I'll be honest, Mominul's first knock was a lot more impressive than Anamul's. He has this air of confidence about him. Anamul does too, obviously but I think that both of them are here to stay. For a long time.
Old December 2, 2012, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

He came at a very difficult time when the ball was doing quite a bit and both Mushy and Nasir struggled before getting out, even Anamul wasn't comfortable in his 90s. But loved the way he played overcoming all the nerves of his first innings in international cricket and got away with things pretty quickly without wasting any balls, it was also great to see him walking down to Anamul a few times to cool him down. And as everyone mentioned his technique looked really solid and IMO this guy is surely one for the future in all formats of the game.
Old December 2, 2012, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I too thought Mominul was slightly more impressive than Anamul. Hitting out from zero apparently isn't his style of play, but he made the attempt to do what the team needed him to at that time. Gotta watch more of him, obviously. 30 balls don't make for a large enough sample size.
Old December 2, 2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
After catching a glimpse of the type of transition he's capable making, I'm sold on him. My doubts have been put to rest. I saw a left handed version of Alok not at his best, but at the level I wanted Alok to be. Now I know I always wanted Alok to be what Shourobh already is MashAllah.
Alok really is a stylish player - a joy to watch. BUT but he just killed himself like the way Ashfool did!
Old December 2, 2012, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Yeah Mominul impressed me more than Anamul !! But I don't mind player like Anamul who will put a high value on his wicket and hold the one end while the others are accelerating..

What I liked about Mominul today that he maintained a strike rate of 100 at a crucial stage of the game.. But one complain though I think he missed few singles just because he got too confident that the ball would reach the boundary.. Though I think that will improve with experience.. Now Mominul should try to be a regular member of the national team by playing more good innings..All the best kid..
Old December 2, 2012, 01:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Their games are different though it seems. Mominul seems to be more of a left handed version of Mushy. I'd Shuvagata and Shabbir are more like Alok since they also rely on power.
Old December 2, 2012, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Yeah Mominul impressed me more than Anamul !! But I don't mind player like Anamul who will put a high value on his wicket and hold the one end while the others are accelerating..

What I liked about Mominul today that he maintained a strike rate of 100 at a crucial stage of the game.. But one complain though I think he missed few singles just because he got too confident that the ball would reach the boundary.. Though I think that will improve with experience.. Now Mominul should try to be a regular member of the national team by playing more good innings..All the best kid..
..All the best kid..!!!!!
Old December 2, 2012, 02:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim

He looked good when he was batting today. He was so confident. Hope he will do better in next matches.
Old December 2, 2012, 02:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Well out of the 2 Haques, Mominul has much much better footwork and quick bat speed. But the important thing is that these 2 will now be preferred instead of the likes of Nazimuddin, Raqibul, Junaed etc.
Old December 2, 2012, 09:29 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Lol some peoples are never happy..some body told me at that stage why was his SR 100...why not 125+..
Old December 2, 2012, 09:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Because he is not Afridi or Razzak. He is not that type of player.
Old December 2, 2012, 10:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Their games are different though it seems. Mominul seems to be more of a left handed version of Mushy. I'd Shuvagata and Shabbir are more like Alok since they also rely on power.
I see your point but had Alok's fluency with regards to strike rotation in mind, at least when he was at his best. I find Shourobh's to be better. I also sense him to be a LOT stronger mentally. I hope that he'll learn to convert his starts first to easy 50s, and eventually those 50s to 100s at this level.

Shourobh too has a powergame BTW and has enough sense to use it at the right time, as does Mit'hu. We've seen that sort of sensibility with Alok also on rare occasions like his magnificent ODI 100 against India in Pakistan.

Shubhagoto bases his game on easy strike rotation before driving hittable balls along the ground. He goes crazy if he cannot rotate the strike because the bowler's bowling in the right areas. Rumman can but doesn't rotate the strike as much and likes to take the aerial route a lot more often than Shubhagoto.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 2, 2012, 10:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I see your point but had Alok's fluency with regards to strike rotation in mind, at least when he was at his best. I find Shourobh's to be better. I also sense him to be a LOT stronger mentally.

Shourobh too has a powergame BTW and has enough sense to use it at the right time, as does Mit'hu. We've seen that sort of sensibility with Alok also on rare occasions like his magnificent ODI 100 against Pakistan.

Shubhagoto bases his game on easy strike rotation before driving hittable balls along the ground. He goes crazy if he cannot rotate the strike because the bowler's bowling in the right areas. Rumman can but doesn't rotate the strike as much and likes to take the aerial route a lot more often than Shubhagoto.
You mean India right? I agree with you, Mominul and Mushy both have tremendous power despite being small.

Also Mominul showed something that our other generation of players could not do, and that's come in with a game plan and tweaking it according to the situation. We didn't see that before with the older generation, as they didn't have much of a plan really and that's why they other teams would get them out easily. Our players' abilities were never really the problem, it was the cricketing brains that were the big issue and that's what let us down in the past.

Is it the local coaching that has improved over the years? I'm not exactly sure but we're churning out far more organized players than we did in the past.