facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 8, 2012, 05:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Gets Pollard! What a crucial first wicket to get.
Old December 8, 2012, 11:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Honestly, does not inspire confidence. I hope it's just nerves. Too much mistimed drives (probably due to the slow pitch to be fair though) and wafting outside off.
Old December 8, 2012, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

He needs more time at Academy/A-team level. Looks way too raw atm.
Old December 8, 2012, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Great anchoring innings, regardless of his flaws. He delivered when it was most needed.
Old December 8, 2012, 11:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
He needs more time at Academy/A-team level. Looks way too raw atm.
he needs another 1-2 years down there ....
Old December 8, 2012, 11:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Shakib-BIjoy-Rumman

Shaky. Hit the nets with a marble slab.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 8, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Doesn't have the best of the techniques to face some world class bowlers but the best thing about him is he is very calm and confident .. Whereas Anamul still looks very nervous.. But these are our future so I will still give them few more chances just the way Shakib and Mushy got so many chances at the beginning of their career..
Old December 8, 2012, 12:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Thanks Momin, was very lucky though.

Hopefully Sakib will come in and replace him.
A fine cricketer for the future, so hope he works hard and comes back.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:03 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Doesn't have the best of the techniques to face some world class bowlers but the best thing about him is he is very calm and confident .. Whereas Anamul still looks very nervous.. But these are our future so I will still give them few more chances just the way Shakib and Mushy got so many chances at the beginning of their career..
Did you see him bat today?..he was wetting his pants
Old December 8, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
...Agree.

He won't survive with this technique....hope he proves me wrong ...
Old December 8, 2012, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

^We'll just have to wait and see.

He was the one who turned the match around for us with the Pollard wicket. Otherwise Windies were looking set for 250.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Great calmness shown with a heavy shoulder. Good all-round performance for our ex U19 skipper.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Everyone keeps talking about A team tours...but we only have 1 tour per year. That is not enough. Our Academy tours have dried up now as well. As Sohel bhai has said, we have no choice but to throw talented youngsters into the deep end. Its worked for us. We've gone from getting bowled out for 120 against a team like Canada to being 2-2 with a world champion side going into a deciding 5th match.

I am not saying they shouldn't work with McInnes at the HP unit...almost all of our players could stand to hear a lecture or two. But they need to work with the HP unit while appearing for national team duty.
You really justify his inclusion bcoz lack of A team and Academy matches...?? First of all, National team isn't the place to learn basics, we have seen in the past, what happens with the guys who come with deficiency....100+ matches couldn't fix them, why do you think that same team will fix him??

And lack of matches of A team and Academy isn't any valid reason either. He should spend time in the academy and HP to improve his technique by himself... BCB can always arrange A team and Academy tours.....that should be the recommendation, than to do the same mistakes all over again.

Last edited by BANFAN; December 8, 2012 at 03:15 PM..
Old December 8, 2012, 12:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

he needs more time to grow up. looks really raw in his techniques and very nervy.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Great calmness shown with a heavy shoulder. Good all-round performance for our ex U19 skipper.
He was never the U19 captain. That was Mahmudul Hasan.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

I see him as young Shakib..he just needs to fix some of his batting technique..he can be a good SLA...the way he played today (pressure time) was awesome...he will learn and grow from it a lot..In sha Allah
Old December 8, 2012, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I think that was for few nervy overs as the situation is completely new for him.. But overall I found him little more confident than Anamul at this point.. Not judging them at all.. I think with experience they will get better...
Old December 8, 2012, 12:24 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

You can expect that from him. Obviously he's never batted in this type of situation at the INT stage. But he still did enough to put us back in the game, provided enough support to Nasir.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the BD players

People seem to be way too impatient with the younger players. It's only his 5th match and he came in to a very high pressure situation batting with another young player in Nasir. And what did experience do for Jahurul and Nazim playing in the Asia Cup final? They both fell flat on their faces.

I thought he did well today batting with Nasir and stitched up a very crucial partnership. Does he have work to do? Obviously, but he's definitely a player we should develop.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
You can expect that from him. Obviously he's never batted in this type of situation at the INT stage. But he still did enough to put us back in the game, provided enough support to Nasir.
yeah
Old December 8, 2012, 12:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

You guy's are already discarding Anamul and Moiminul? both had 2 bad games out of 5 in their debut series and faced bowler like Roach and Narayoon.

Anyone Remember when Nasir scored a 50 in his very first game and flopped big time in the next 2; one them was a brain fart and got a 2nd ball duck, which basically costed us the match vs Zim and alot of ppl started to call him another Aftab, Ash and Alok but look where he is now. We are doing the same thing with Anamul and Mominul. We hold on to Nasir and in no time he is already a reliable batsman.

We got to to hold on to Anamul and Mominul. i would give at least 2 more series before throwing them out of the NAT team. To me none of them done too bat. Anamul had 3 innings 30+ and last 2 games he basically gifted away his wicket. he will learn with time. Mominul played 2 imoortant little cameo(2nd odi and the 5th) and didn't bowl too bad either.

When Shak comes back, the playing XI looks very strong

1) Tamim
2) Anamul
3) Shakib (Shak has to bat at 3 or at 7)
4) Mushy (He should stay at 4)
5) Riyad (Experienced matters, proved it and he is the perfect man for no 5)
6) Nasir (Was never a fan of him going up the order....his avg and most of his gd innings came from at 4)
7) Mominul
8)Gazi
9) Mash
10) Shafiul (impressive comeback)
11) Lalla

12) Jahirul
13) Rubel
14) Nazmul
15) Sunny
Old December 8, 2012, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Great anchoring innings, regardless of his flaws. He delivered when it was most needed.
Great Innings !!!!
He was dropped at least 2 times.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
You guy's are already discarding Anamul and Moiminul? both had 2 bad games out of 5 in their debut series and faced bowler like Roach and Narayoon.

Anyone Remember when Nasir scored a 50 in his very first game and flopped big time in the next 2; one them was a brain fart and got a 2nd ball duck, which basically costed us the match vs Zim and alot of ppl started to call him another Aftab, Ash and Alok but look where he is now. We are doing the same thing with Anamul and Mominul. We hold on to Nasir and in no time he is already a reliable batsman.

We got to to hold on to Anamul and Mominul. i would give at least 2 more series before throwing them out of the NAT team. To me none of them done too bat. Anamul had 3 innings 30+ and last 2 games he basically gifted away his wicket. he will learn with time. Mominul played 2 imoortant little cameo(2nd odi and the 5th) and didn't bowl too bad either.

1) Tamim
2) Anamul
6) Nasir (Was never a fan of him going up the order....his avg and most of his gd innings came from at 4)
7) Mominul
8)Gazi
9) Mash
11) Lalla

12) Jahirul
13) Rubel
14) Nazmul
15) Sunny
Love how good that team looks. In Mominuls place I wish we had someone who could strike sixes at will. Not saying to discard Mominul though. His 29 ball 31 was confidence personified. And was very nervous today but who wouldn't be playing their first final in front of 25,000 people.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:54 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

That 50-ball 25 was great!
Old December 8, 2012, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

1) Tamim
2) Anamul
7) Mominul
8)Gazi
9) Mash
11) Lalla

12) Jahirul
13) Rubel
14) Nazmul
15) Sunny
very good post,.people here tend to disqualify anyone very cheaply anyday. I think we should let these guys enough chances before judging so quickly. I see bright future in these guys, just my guts says that!!