facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Are you happy with the test squard?
Yes 7 16.67%
No 25 59.52%
50-50 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 8, 2012, 08:10 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,563
Default Are you happy with the test squad?

It seems some are happy and some are unhappy. Lets see who is thinking what?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old November 8, 2012, 08:16 AM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

Hate hate hate the fact that Abul got picked ahead of Nazmul. Hate the fact that Abul got picked at all. Otherwise, an ok squad for the most part.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 8, 2012, 08:29 AM
Isnaad's Avatar
Isnaad Isnaad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 18, 2008
Location: Dhaka Cantonment
Favorite Player: 75 69 29
Posts: 5,175

To be honest, yes I am happy. Nazmul instead of Abul would have been better. I love the fact that Shohag Gazi has been given a chance.
__________________
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old November 8, 2012, 08:36 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,051

^feel the same way. I know Abul has potential but if they wanted to pick potential, isn't Taskin the better option then? He's done better so far in the NCL and has the most potential out of all our pacers. Anyways, Nazmul should've been picked. He's far more ready compared to Abul obviously.

Other then the Abul selection, I'll say that the selectors made the right call.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old November 8, 2012, 08:43 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,492

rather no, because of Abul's inclusion & would have liked two more new faces.
__________________
Tea20 is just not our cup of tea.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old November 8, 2012, 08:46 AM
frd's Avatar
frd frd is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 29, 2009
Location: DHAKA
Favorite Player: tamim,sakib
Posts: 1,118

imagine SHAHRUKH and ABUL both are picked.then it is highly possible that WI score at +6.00 RPO
__________________
প্রশ্নটা সামর্থের নয় ,প্রশ্নটা হলো মানসিকতার
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old November 8, 2012, 08:47 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
rather no, because of Abul's inclusion & would have liked two more new faces.
Anamul&Mominul you mean? We might end up seeing them in the 2nd Test match if Nazim, SN, or Junaid fail. They'll most likely feature in the ODIs.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old November 8, 2012, 08:53 AM
frd's Avatar
frd frd is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 29, 2009
Location: DHAKA
Favorite Player: tamim,sakib
Posts: 1,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
^feel the same way. I know Abul has potential but if they wanted to pick potential, isn't Taskin the better option then? He's done better so far in the NCL and has the most potential out of all our pacers. Anyways, Nazmul should've been picked. He's far more ready compared to Abul obviously.

Other then the Abul selection, I'll say that the selectors made the right call.
actually ABUL has a better domestic and youth career than Taskin.as abul has played some intl matches ,the selectors have chosen a more safer option . ABUL has some pace but is a crappy bowler .
__________________
প্রশ্নটা সামর্থের নয় ,প্রশ্নটা হলো মানসিকতার
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old November 8, 2012, 08:56 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,563

Abul's inclusion was a bit confusing and surprising but I dont see much difference between Shafiul/Abul/Nazmul. So i voted for happy with the team.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old November 8, 2012, 08:58 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

I have lost faith of the current selection team. Now Lota is not there to manipulate the team selection. So I won't buy their logic of crappy selection.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old November 8, 2012, 08:58 AM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
To be honest, yes I am happy. Nazmul instead of Abul would have been better. I love the fact that Shohag Gazi has been given a chance.
My sentiments exactly.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old November 8, 2012, 08:58 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,248

Ecstatic!
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old November 8, 2012, 09:00 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd
actually ABUL has a better domestic and youth career than Taskin.as abul has played some intl matches ,the selectors have chosen a more safer option . ABUL has some pace but is a crappy bowler .
Abul averages a 43 and a SR of an 88 whereas Taskin averages 31 and SR of 61 in FC's. Abul did have the better U19 stats behind him. Overall neither should be there. I don't mind Abul being there as an understudy but dont want him playing.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old November 8, 2012, 09:02 AM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 10,720

I am upset to see no Enamul. This guy has been performing consistently over the last few years. He deserved to be in the squad.
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old November 8, 2012, 09:13 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I am upset to see no Enamul. This guy has been performing consistently over the last few years. He deserved to be in the squad.
only player he could replace is Sunny...
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old November 8, 2012, 09:13 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I am upset to see no Enamul. This guy has been performing consistently over the last few years. He deserved to be in the squad.
ya indeed forgot abt him.
he is sooooo experienced and has been consistent.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old November 8, 2012, 09:14 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,563

I dont rate Nazmul much in test cricket. Specially in context of wickets of Bangladesh. He is a bit over rated in test cricket in BC.
He dont have much pace. Basically He is a seam bowler. Hardly we play with 3 pacers. To me if we play with 2 pacers both should be pacers. A medium pacer like Nazmul can be considered only when we play with 3 pacers. Further more Wickets in this series will be dusty. I dont think medium pace seamers have much to offer in this conditions.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old November 8, 2012, 09:14 AM
tiger_army's Avatar
tiger_army tiger_army is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Location: land down under
Favorite Player: who else?
Posts: 1,293

No enamul jnr.... God i can feel or this poor guy... i support Gazis inclusion, but reall like to see Jnr instead of sunn
__________________
"What a magnificent shot! No, he's out."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old November 8, 2012, 09:49 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

No Enamul and too many off form players; SN, Mushy, Nazimuddin, Mullah, Nasir... Might hurt us...needed some of the in form players... At least one of Anamul/Mominul....Shafiul for Abul could be better since I'm not sure if Rubel will be back to his form soon...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old November 8, 2012, 09:50 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,729

Win or lose... I like this type of selection... risky but bold and brave....giving chance to some of the young players.

In this approach, every new player doesn't need to be successful.... if you find just one young player who shows potential and reminds you about young Sakib, Mashrafee or Tamim (talent wise) for every 2 series...and identify who has it (i.e. excel under presssure regardless of talent), that will take us further than investing on older players with known cronic desease.
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old November 8, 2012, 09:50 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

My overall feeling is not happy about the team selection.

Let me start by positives.
1. Having the courage to drop Ash for this series.
2. Bringing Shohag in the 14.

Now negatives.
1. Bringing Abul to play test matches. He has played only 6 FC matches and didn't show any promise in longer version. I am afraid Gayle and company may just slaughter him. This could be the end of a promising bowler.

2. Weakest possible pace attack. We all know Shahadat. Majority of his international wickets came from short deliveries. I don't think he would be able to be much successful against this WI team by using that weapon. Rubel is a good bowler by BD standard. But he may need time to come back to rhythm and probably not 100% fit yet. The less said about Abul the better.

3. Keeping Riyad in the side. Some people might disagree with me about this point. Riyad is a negative mindset player and not in good form right at the moment. He has better average than most of the BD players in test. But almost none of them came under pressure time. I am afraid Nasir might have to sit down to give Riyad a place in the team.

4. At least 1 young batsman should be there. Our batting lineup still has big holes. Home series is the best option to try new batsmen.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best

Last edited by WarWolf; November 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old November 8, 2012, 09:56 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Win or lose... I like this type of selection... risky but bold and brave....giving chance to some of the young players.

In this approach, every new player doesn't need to be successful.... if you find just one young player who shows potential and reminds you about young Sakib, Mashrafee or Tamim (talent wise) for every 2 series...and identify who has it (i.e. excel under presssure regardless of talent), that will take us further than investing on older players with known cronic desease.
best chance for young players is for them to debut at home in conditions and pitches they are use to, if anamul and mominul don't debut in this series they'll probably end up doing it away from home in foreign conditions which really isn't the best way to debut them really.

but at least gazi is there, we need some different options for spinner other than SLAs all the time so i really hope he gets a run in this series and i hope he can do well. i hope abul can do well also but going by his domestic and international records to-date i'm not expecting much. what's scary is that shahadat is the experienced pacer he's the one that rubel and abul will be going to advice for things.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old November 8, 2012, 09:59 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
best chance for young players is for them to debut at home in conditions and pitches they are use to, if anamul and mominul don't debut in this series they'll probably end up doing it away from home in foreign conditions which really isn't the best way to debut them really.

but at least gazi is there, we need some different options for spinner other than SLAs all the time so i really hope he gets a run in this series and i hope he can do well. i hope abul can do well also but going by his domestic and international records to-date i'm not expecting much. what's scary is that shahadat is the experienced pacer he's the one that rubel and abul will be going to advice for things.
Anamul and Mominul still have their chance for the 2nd Test match and also there are 5 ODI's. So I believe they'll feature in the ODI's if not the Test matches which won't be bad.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old November 8, 2012, 10:05 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
No enamul jnr.... God i can feel or this poor guy... i support Gazis inclusion, but reall like to see Jnr instead of sunn
But what has Elias Sunny done wrong to get dropped from the side? I believe he was the 2nd player to ever have a fifer on debut which is special. On top of that it was against the West Indies. Selectors also asked Saqlain's opinion and so it shows Enamul couldn't have been that much better. Obviously Enamul has done really well but with Shakib and Sunny as our SLA's, it was going to be hard for him to make it.

Enamul will get his chance if Elias's performances start to tail off or he's injured. Or if Sohag does indeed need more time to mature.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old November 8, 2012, 10:05 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,319

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
My overall feeling is not happy about the team selection.

Let me start by positives.
1. Having the courage to drop Ash for this series.
2. Bringing Shohag in the 14.

Now negatives.
1. Bringing Abul to play test matches. He has played only 6 FC matches and didn't show any promise in longer version. I am afraid Gayle and company may just slaughter him. This could be the end of a promising bowler.

2. Weakest possible pace attack. We all know Shahadat. Majority of his international wickets came from short deliveries. I don't think he would be able to be much successful against this WI team by using that weapon. Rubel is a good bowler by BD standard. But he may need time to come back to rhythm and probably not 100% fit yet. The less said about Abul the better.

3. Keeping Riyad in the side. Some people might disagree with me about this point. Riyad is a negative mindset player and not in good form right at the moment. He has better average than most of the BD players in test. But almost none of them came under pressure time. I am afraid Nasir might have to sit down to give Riyad a place in the team.
riyad being VC messes up selections really. VC should go to tamim or shakib as they're definite fixtures all the time. riyad has had his moments but he's been on a downward spiral for awhile and being that he's VC means he'll get an auto selection when he isn't performing enough to be given that. i'd pick nasir over riyad especially in tests and ODIs. there is a good chance we will go into the first test with 3 spinners and 2 pacers, 5 specialist bowlers 3 of them spinners so riyad isn't needed especially with nasir and riyad in the team who can also provide spin. atm riyad hasn't established himself as a bowler or a batsman which is a bit of a problem as to be a test allrounder you really need to be specialist quality in both those suits.

now mushy has also been on a downward spiral as of late, the difference is he's the keeper and the selectors aren't looking at bringing in another keeper so mushy will be safer whether captain or not, as a keeper batsman he offers the most potential other than possibly anamul but he's needed in the top 3.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket