facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 22, 2012, 10:09 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 6,456
Default Home Pitch Discussion Thread

We have been talking a lot on the nature of the surface we have had for the 2 tests against West Indies. In general BC members have been very vocal against the pitch being a batting paradise with no assistance to our spinners.
I would like to make a few points and throw them up for discussion:

Can the curators really change the nature of the surface from being what it is to a rank turner? (without compromising on quality/deterioration which would draw criticism from ICC)
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old November 22, 2012, 10:23 PM
Maysun's Avatar
Maysun Maysun is offline
MLC World Series I
 
Join Date: April 11, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 5,834

I'm sure they can, may just take some time.

We have seen how the SL pitches are in the recent days. Aiding the fast bowlers. If they can, I'm sure we can.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 22, 2012, 10:52 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 6,456

I think Sri Lankan weather conditions are quite different as they have always had pitches assisting swing and seam movement. Our pitches are more comparable to India and Pakistan
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 5, 2012, 11:03 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 6,456

Did anyone else feel that this isn't the "Usual" Dhaka pitch we are used to? The ball turned a lot in both innings which we haven't seen during the entire series. People did criticize the flatness of the Test match wickets. Did we prepare spinning tracks while the games were being held in Khulna?
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 5, 2012, 11:18 PM
jeesh jeesh is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 1,793

Dhaka is usually known for moderate turn, uneven low bounce. Probably after seeing Windies batsmen struggle against spin, the instructions were to prepare a pitch that would turn like crazy. The ball turned so much, it worked against us. Even deliveries pitched outside off were turning away from the leg stump. Traditionally our spinners rely a lot on LBW's. Given the amount of turn, automatically the LBW option gets negated. A reason why Razzak and Gazi couldnt pick wickets, despite bowling so well.

Big problem with our team management, curators, players. We dont understand what middle ground is. Either we ll prepare a dead wicket with no turn, or we ll make a wicket with lethal spin, so lethal, our spinners cant take advantage!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 5, 2012, 11:51 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 6,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Dhaka is usually known for moderate turn, uneven low bounce. Probably after seeing Windies batsmen struggle against spin, the instructions were to prepare a pitch that would turn like crazy. The ball turned so much, it worked against us. Even deliveries pitched outside off were turning away from the leg stump. Traditionally our spinners rely a lot on LBW's. Given the amount of turn, automatically the LBW option gets negated. A reason why Razzak and Gazi couldnt pick wickets, despite bowling so well.

Big problem with our team management, curators, players. We dont understand what middle ground is. Either we ll prepare a dead wicket with no turn, or we ll make a wicket with lethal spin, so lethal, our spinners cant take advantage!
Spot on!
I thought with the black soil such turning wickets (ala Mumbai) were not possible to prepare in BD. Clearly that isn't the case. I think if we had not bowled those half trackers every now and then and dropped those catches, that target of 227 could have been defended given the amount of turn on the pitch.
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 6, 2012, 06:00 AM
MyRoom MyRoom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 17, 2012
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul
Posts: 866

This turning wicket we have saw would've been ideal for the test matches we had so we would've had a serious chance of winning. Also batsman like Powell wouldn't have scored back to back 100s on such pitches. But in ODIs, it should've been like the Asia Cup where there was slight turn but in that game yesterday, it was difficult to bat on.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old December 6, 2012, 06:03 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 6,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
This turning wicket we have saw would've been ideal for the test matches we had so we would've had a serious chance of winning. Also batsman like Powell wouldn't have scored back to back 100s on such pitches. But in ODIs, it should've been like the Asia Cup where there was slight turn but in that game yesterday, it was difficult to bat on.
Waiting for the day when we will get the basic things (team selection, pitches) right for each format.
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old December 6, 2012, 10:12 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,117

Amar mone hoy curator nijeo bujhe nah. Hoy ekbare flat pitch naile spin paradise. He makes pitches the way I cook. Either too salty or no salt at all.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old December 6, 2012, 12:02 PM
RB_Cricket RB_Cricket is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 12, 2012
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Sachin
Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Amar mone hoy curator nijeo bujhe nah. Hoy ekbare flat pitch naile spin paradise. He makes pitches the way I cook. Either too salty or no salt at all.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old December 6, 2012, 12:04 PM
SS SS is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 24, 2004
Posts: 8,971

ajke abar shob kisu back fire na kore...if Sunny plays who knows by this time WI batsmen already adjusted and may go all out..they are very high in confidence...we should have done it in last match..anyways something is better than nothing...let's see what happens to final 11 and also about the dew factor and our superstar batsmen...Tamim and Nasir have to take some responsibilities as they were in good forms just few matches ago
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket