facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 3, 2012, 04:28 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,404
Default BKSP: The Breeding Ground

BKSP is the breeding ground of our cricket.We have seen a lot of young-sters comings from BKSP to the topmost level of our cricket. Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiq Rahim, Rakibul Hasan, Anamul Haque these all are examples of talented players who represents or represented for the national team.

It's time to recognize its contribution. A fine system with dedicated and qualified coaches and good infrastructure made it possible. We must show our gratitude towards them for making heavy contribution in our cricket.

But we know very little about BKSP. Can anyone shed more light on this superb institute?
__________________
And Allah Knows the best

Last edited by WarWolf; December 3, 2012 at 05:49 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old December 3, 2012, 04:37 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,424

My friend from back home went to BKSP as a field hockey player. They normally get players by recommendation. I have not heard of BKSP going around the country scouting for talent. Students are enrolled in to the institute after class 6 beginning of class 7, approximate age about 12-13.

There are few BKSP around the country. But the one one in Savar is the first one.

This are few things I know. I will do some digging.
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 3, 2012, 04:40 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
My friend from back home went to BKSP as a field hockey player. They normally get players by recommendation. I have not heard of BKSP going around the country scouting for talent. Students are enrolled in to the institute after class 6 beginning of class 7, approximate age about 12-13.

There are few BKSP around the country. But the one one in Savar is the first one.

This are few things I know. I will do some digging.
The one in Sylhet doesn't have facility for cricket as far as I know. It is solely for football.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:00 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Thank you so much.... I was thinking of opening this thread, because I felt we weren't recognizing the contributions of BKSP.... I had been to BKSP in Savar several times in mid and late 80s. It has been structured somewhat like Cadet Colleges, but with more emphasis on sports. Thanks to Ershad... He implemented it with great passion, kept it free from politics and corruptions...we can see the results now. They are also the breeding ground for many other sports in Bangladesh.

Congratulations to BKSP for continued contribution to sports and Cricket in particular...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:08 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
The one in Sylhet doesn't have facility for cricket as far as I know. It is solely for football.
BKSP = Bangladesh Krira Shikka Protishtan. Govern by NSC.

Sylhet BKSP was not built for football its BFF who requested to have it. Facility has been neglected for a while. TBH its never been used. The picture below is taken by Amin Rabby a News Photographer from Sylhet. This was taken back in July.

__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:13 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,404

Can we get the full list of players played for national country who graduated from BKSP?
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:15 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
BKSP = Bangladesh Krira Shikka Protishtan. Govern by NSC.

Sylhet BKSP was not built for football its BFF who requested to have it. Facility has been neglected for a while. TBH its never been used. The picture below is taken by Amin Rabby a News Photographer from Sylhet. This was taken back in July.

They are wasting this fine infrastructure. I would like to see couple of reports on this in top national daily newspapers. Too bad that Isam left DS.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:17 AM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,487

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Thanks to Ershad... He implemented it with great passion, kept it free from politics and corruptions...we can see the results now.
hmm etodine bujhlam keno ershad dadu nijeke bangladesh cricket baap mone koren.
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:20 AM
Saifulsohel Saifulsohel is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 21, 2011
Location: Dhaka,Bd
Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul
Posts: 1,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
BKSP is the breeding ground of our cricket.We have seen a lot of young-sters comings from BKSP to the topmost level of our cricket. Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiq Rahim, Rakibul Hasan, Anamul Haque these all are examples of talented players who represents or represented for the national team.
Add Nasir,Razzak,Shahadat among current players.
__________________
A cricket-lover engineer

Last edited by shuziburo; December 3, 2012 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:23 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,404

So the list became...
  • Mushfiq Rahim
  • Shakib Al Hasan
  • Abdur Razzak
  • Nasir Hossain
  • Anamul Haque
  • Rakibul Hasan
  • Shahadat Hossain
  • Mominul Haque
  • Naeem Islam
The list is really long enough as a single institution.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:24 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,404

A few more pics of Sylhet BKSP




__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:27 AM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,487

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
So the list became...
  • Mushfiq Rahim
  • Shakib Al Hasan
  • Abdur Razzak
  • Nasir Hossain
  • Anamul Haque
  • Rakibul Hasan
  • Shahadat Hossain
The list is really long enough as a single institution.
Mominul Hoque is also from BKSP.
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:28 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Mominul Hoque is also from BKSP.
ok.Added.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:32 AM
Saifulsohel Saifulsohel is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 21, 2011
Location: Dhaka,Bd
Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul
Posts: 1,177

Add Nazmul.
__________________
A cricket-lover engineer
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:34 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,424

Naeem Islam was in BKSP. I read somewhere Rajin also went to BKSP (but need to find out more about it)
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:43 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,424



BKSP Savar, Dhaka
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:44 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Gareth Bale
Posts: 4,997

pretty much 90% of the cricketers in the national team went to BKSP? I should enrol myself there then
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:45 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,404

Govt should take away Sylhet BSKP from BFF and start regular course here like Savar.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:48 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
pretty much 90% of the national team went to BKSP? I should enrol myself there then
How old are you? Sorry for asking. Because they only enroll students who are about 12-13 YO. But I have heard players recruited later than that because they were recommended by someone. I think Shakib is an example.
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:51 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
How old are you? Sorry for asking. Because they only enroll students who are about 12-13 YO. But I have heard players recruited later than that because they were recommended by someone. I think Shakib is an example.
Exception for extra ordinary talents only....they admit in 7th grade if I'm not wrong..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:52 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Gareth Bale
Posts: 4,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
How old are you? Sorry for asking. Because they only enroll students who are about 12-13 YO. But I have heard players recruited later than that because they were recommended by someone. I think Shakib is an example.
LOL i was joking abt the enrolling thing

Only enroll who are 12-13 yrs old? Thats a bit too young isnt it? Dw im much older then that
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:52 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
LOL i was joking abt the enrolling thing

Only enroll who are 12-13 yrs old? Thats a bit too young isnt it? Dw im much older then that
Send your son...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:53 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Gareth Bale
Posts: 4,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Exception for extra ordinary talents only
Good
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old December 3, 2012, 05:53 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Govt should take away Sylhet BSKP from BFF and start regular course here like Savar.
Thats what majority of Sylhet residence wanted. But BFF has ruined it. There are couple of cricket academy but those are run on shoe string budget. Clemon is sponsoring one.
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old December 3, 2012, 06:01 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Thats what majority of Sylhet residence wanted. But BFF has ruined it. There are couple of cricket academy but those are run on shoe string budget. Clemon is sponsoring one.
BFF is wasting all these. They are not able to put any mark and they don't allow others to do it.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket