facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Mushfiqur be stripped of captaincy?
Yes 57 41.01%
No 69 49.64%
Don't know 13 9.35%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 26, 2014, 01:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

I think the new coach should run the team from the sideline like a soccer coach. You let mushfiq lead the bowling rotation and field setup, then you are definitely asking for trouble. I still can't forget how he snatched a defeat from the jaws of a certain victory in the Asia cup finals and then again against the match where the team scored a massive 325 vs. Pakistan and still lost the game. His love for the superstar Shahruk Khan and then Nayok Raz Razzak is pathetic to say the least...
Old May 26, 2014, 06:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Exactly. Send out the water boys with the tactics. Let the coach have more say in selection of eleven, batting strategies etc.

Until Bangladesh has a real leader this has to be the formula.
Old May 26, 2014, 10:43 AM
Cricket Sage

I will be watching with interest how the new coach address the issue to make it a workable solution and how the relationship between coach and captain develop.

Will Mushfiq accept the fact that his diminished role is the only way for his survival as a captain and take it as positive step? Or will it hurt his feeling ( Publicly complaining like he did with Rahim-Faruk saga) and create more problem for the coach?

And then if Rahim doesn't take it well, how BCB solve the problem? Side with Rahim or side with the coach and bring a new captain?

These are some the things that will decide how the new coach will be successful with the team.
Old May 27, 2014, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Old May 28, 2014, 01:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The Coach running field placement and bowler rotation from the dug-out? Are you guys serious? What planet do you live on? Wishfulthinkus Prime on Fantasia Way Galaxy? Ain't gonna happen folks!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 28, 2014, 12:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
The Coach running field placement and bowler rotation from the dug-out? Are you guys serious? What planet do you live on? Wishfulthinkus Prime on Fantasia Way Galaxy? Ain't gonna happen folks!
Thank you saying it so loud and clear and bluntly that this kind of arrangement is not going to cut it. Either Rahim need to lead all by himself or step aside and let someone take the leadership role. In cricket, the captain has no place to hide... there is no place for "dummy captain in the front leading by the coach from the side".
Old Yesterday, 06:51 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

We are doomed.

Once WI lost their 5th wicket at 34, my brother and I were discussing how the captain Mushfiqur lost many matches during the middle over. Our fear came true in a hurry.
1. WI was in trouble, but the RRR was still not high. Thus, BD needed to keep attacking. But, BD stopped attacking. I would have used an attacking field. WI needed nearly 200 runs with only 5 wickets in hand. If they tried to take advantage of the attcking field, it only would have required 5 miscues.
2. You bring in part-time bowlers to break partnerships. Why was Nasir Hossain brought in at the time? Main bowlers were bowling pretty well.
3. Taskin was having trouble with accuracy. Why persist with him during the middle overs. He could have been brought back later.
4. Mashrefe is a horrible death bowler, but very effective in until the 20-25th over. Thus, a good captain should try to get as much as possible out of him by using his quota by the 25th over. At the end of the 25th over, Mashrafe's line: 6-2-7-1. POOR!

I could go on and on about the WI inning, but the fact is that poor captaincy probably contributed the most in helping WI achieve the win. There were other factors involved, such as the rain before and during the BD inning that made the pitch slow. During the WI 6th wicket partnership, the wicket eased slowly. But, a good planning and execution should have kept the pressure on. But, the reactionary captaincy made that impossible.

During the BD inning, I will mention a couple of things, although there were many others.
1. After Nasir fell, Mashrafe should have been sent. He is a much better option than Gazi when quick runs are needed. Perhaps he would have fallen cheaply, but that was the right thing to do. If the move did not work, Gazi could have played out the inning.
2. Kayes run out was huge. He was seeing the ball well. How can you run into each other? Ball watching?
3. Mushfiqur's wicket was also a big one. He can accelerate at will these days. He should have waited until the PP and then should have launched. To me, the shot looked premeditated.
4. Anamul played a gem of an inning. Too bad it was all in vain.

I would have made two changes for the 2nd ODI. The second might happen, but not the first one.
1. Replace Mushfiqur by Mashrafe as captain. Mashrafe is one of the best tacticians in the team. Plus, unlike the current skipper, he consults with others, when appropriate.
2. Replace Shamsur by Mominul. Despite his low ODI average, Mominul is technically one of the two most sound batsmen in the team with good SR. He is ready to break out in the ODI, I think. Plus, with Shakib out, I think we need his all-round skills in the team.
Old Yesterday, 06:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Am I the only one who haven't voted yet ?
Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

it would be interesting if we can restart the poll and see whats the verdict now
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
it would be interesting if we can restart the poll and see whats the verdict now
I would change my decision from no to YES. But stripped sounds bad so I will say relieved

Mash for T20/ODI
Shakib for Test
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Relieved, rested, seated whatever... just find a new captain
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Relieved, rested, seated whatever... just find a new captain
Mushy is a sensitive person. On top of that getting married soon. Biye bou bhat er function gula shesh hok, tarpor na hoy Papon bhalo moton bujhaiya relieve koraite pare. Ekhon gola dhakka diye ber korle biyer age kichu ekta kore felte pare.
Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

yes his time as captain should be up but his successor is tough choice, shakib the only proper option but given his behaviour lately his appointment would be questionable.
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Projected score is 280+. Good luck chasing that, boys.
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

after such failure any captain out of sub continent would have resigned, but we are Asians, we never retire.
Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

As much as I don't like to see Mushfiq as the captain, the head coach must take the lion's share of the failure.
Poor coaching and gameplan was evident throughout. We are better off under Sujon.
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
As much as I don't like to see Mushfiq as the captain, the head coach must take the lion's share of the failure.
Poor coaching and gameplan was evident throughout. We are better off under Sujon.
Agreed. But still to early to judge Hammer. The effect will take more time. I'd be worried if it worked immediately since SJ reaped instantaneous rewards and that lead to this mess here.